Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Angie Pov.

When I wake up, I see Finn. I don't really remember him, only a couple little things. But, how do I believe him? What if him and his family are making up an entire story so that I become a completely different person? That sounds crazy, but what if it's true? I guess I'm just going to have to trust him. My nurse would've told me if they weren't my real family. I'm so confused because I supposedly live with my boyfriend and his parents and his sister. But why don't I have my own family? What's so bad about my parents that they took me in? I don't understand, but hopefully Finn can explain it to me. Meanwhile I need to figure out who I am.

My name is Angela, I'm eleven years old, a boy my age named Finn claims he's my boyfriend, I live with him and his family. They're all really nice, but I don't know if I should trust them right away.

Finn starts to wake up. He slept on a chair next to my bed the entire night.

"Good morning, Angie." He says.

"Hi, Finn." I say.

He smiles when I say his name.

"Did you sleep okay?" he asks.

"Yea, thanks for staying here." I thank him again. I may not trust him one hundred percent, but he slept the entire night in a chair for me.

"Don't worry about it, I was just happy you let me." he says.

"Why wouldn't I let you?" I ask.

"Because, when I found out you lost your memory, I was worried you wouldn't like me. I was worried you would want nothing to do with me."

There's an awkward silence for a minute or so, what he said caught me off guard. But I change the subject.

"Can you tell me about our first date?" I ask.

"Yea, it was on the beach, we had a picnic."

That's sweet, I think to myself.

"What did we talk about?" I ask.

"A lot of stuff, the best part was teaching you to swim." he says. "I held you in the water while I taught you how to move your arms and legs."

"Oh, it sounds fun." I say.

"It was," he says. "Maybe I can take you to the beach when you get out of here and I can try to redo the first date."

That is the sweetest thing I think anyone has done for me. I think, I don't know.

"Okay, I look forward to it." I say.

He smiles, "Okay, so when do you get out of here?"

"I have no idea." I say. "Are you going to stay here?"

"Of course I'll stay here. I wouldn't dream of leaving you." he says.

Every time he says something so nice, it's like a stab to my chest. I don't know what to say back. I don't know how I feel yet, I can't just like someone all of this sudden.

I feel like I'm going crazy now, because there's a quiet voice in the back of my head.

"Angie,"  it whispers.

"Yes?"  I say in my head.

"You love Finn."  it tells me.

The voice is similar, possibly the same as mine.

"I do?"  I ask.

"Yes, you can't breakup with him, okay? He really loves you, you loved him too. Before you lost your memory you wanted to spend the rest of your life with him. Do you trust me? " it asks.