Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Annie Pov.

I wake up and decide to take Finn to school. I put Maggie in my bed next to Finnick who is still asleep. I write him a quick note and take Finn to school.

"So things are going okay with Angie?" I ask.

"Yea, we had a lot of fun yesterday. Thanks again for having her over and everything." he says.

"Anytime kid." I give him a smile.

"Can I take her swimming again?" he asks.

"I don't know, Dad might have other plans. Tomorrow is my birthday." I tell him.

"Oh, happy early birthday Mom!" he says.

"Thanks, now go to school." I tell him as we get to his school.

"Bye Mom!" he says.

I wave at him and walk home. I get in the house and see Finnick watching TV on the couch with Maggie.

"Hey Annie," Finnick says.

"Hey, you guys doing okay?" I ask.

"Yea, I know how to watch her." he says rolling his eyes and then smiling.

"I know, I know." I smile to and sit down next to them.

We hear a knock on the door and I open it since Finnick is still holding Maggie.

"Katniss? Peeta?" I ask, shocked at who is standing in front of me. I haven't talked to either of them since the war. I think Katniss felt guilty, like she was responsible for Finnick's 'death'. Even though, I don't blame her in the slightest bit. I look down and notice that there are two little kids standing by their side.

"Hi Annie, how've you and Finn been?" Katniss asks.

"Katniss, it's not just Finn and me anymore." I say.

"You... Found someone else?" Peeta asks.

Finnick walks up behind me and Maggie is laying on the couch. "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Annie's new husband, Finnick Odair." he smirks.

"Finnick?! How on Earth.." Katniss starts.

"Katniss, I've survived two hunger games, you honestly thought I would let a few mutts kill me?" she asks.

"I can't believe it," she says. "I'm so happy for you guys. I always felt like I'm the reason you couldn't come home, Finnick. But... How did you, live?"

"Well, with that trident Beetee made me, it made it pretty easy. Then there was that feeling," he looks at me. "That feeling that, I couldn't just give up. I had a special girl to get back to."

We forget they're there for awhile but I speak up again. "So, who are these two?"

"This is Lilly Rue," Peeta says, pointing to their oldest child who is a beautiful girl. She is wearing her hair in Katniss' signature braid. At first glance she looks just like her. But, when you look at her blue eyes, you see Peeta.

"And this is Darius Finnick." Katniss tells us.

"My name has certainly gotten popular ever since every one thought I died!" Says Finnick which makes us all laugh. He's learned to make humor out of his 'death'. "Come on in you guys."

They walk in and before they sit on the couch they notice Maggie.

"Oh, this is Maggie, or Mags for short." I tell them.

"She's so cute." Says Lilly, who is leaning over her.

"I'll move her so you can sit down." Finnick says, picking up Maggie.