A Vampire's Marine (boyxboy)

By DoUbLeZone

When a master class vampire decides he wants a certain marine by his side then nothing; not even that marine'... More

Author's Notes
Prologue: Departure.
Chapter 1: Battlefield
Chapter 2: Vamp moods
Chapter 3:Denial, Guilt, Shame...love.
Chapter 4: Kaio's Patient
Chapter 5: Before the present
Chapter 6: The flesh is weak.
Sneak Peek for Chapter 7
Chapter 7: Before the court.
Chapter 8: Decisions
Chapter 9: The spirit of the coven.
Chapter 10: Use of Force.
Chapter 11: His sick bed.
Chapter 12: Plans and Schemes
Chapter 14: We need to talk.
Chapter 15: Recollections of the past.
Chapter 16: Snow White and My Prince.
Chapter 17: While you were away.
Chapter 18: The hunted.
Bonus chapter: Giving in.
Chapter 19: The shapes in the clouds.
Chapter 20: The Ant and his escort.
Chapter 21: Night Life.
Bonus Chapter: All good things must come to an end.
Chapter 22: Consequences.
Chapter 23: Plans and Schemes.
Chapter 24: Dear Rien.
Chapter 25: My brother; the snake.
Chapter 26: Low spirits all 'round.
Chapter 27: Breakfast routine
Chapter 28: Discovery bay.
Chapter 29 : In-flight
Chapter 29 continued...
Chapter 30: Human of the wolf pack.
Chapter 31: As he lay dying.
Chapter 32: My promise to the world.
Chapter 33: My brothers; his saviors.
Chapter 34: In transition
Chapter 35: My Keeper. My Savior. My King.
Chapter 36: Soon it will pass...
Chapter 37: Let us howl at the moon...
Chapter 38: Schemes and Plans
Chapter 39: Betrayal
Chapter 40: Some Are Born Great.
Chapter 41: What lies within
Mini bonus Chapter
Chapter 42: A little bit of your attention
Sneak Peek for chapter 43
Chapter 43: The blue room and the brothers.
Chapter 44: The Universe Has Won.
Chapter 45: Zahir
Chapter 46: The calm before the storm
Chapter 47: Immortality
Chapter 48: In the throes of war
Chapter 49: Target Practice
Chapter 50: Heir to the Throne
Chapter 51: Clandestine Lover
Chapter 52: First Son.
Chapter 53: Kandane
Chapter 54: The S.S. Christoah
Chapter 55: Primary Objective
Chapter 56: Damascus and Demetrius
Chapter 57: Our Future Together
Chapter 58: Sweet Mary
Chapter 59: Brother Dearest

Chapter 13: Sleep deprived

58K 2.5K 456
By DoUbLeZone

Chapter 13

~Tony’s POV~

“You won’t have to defend yourself, I can hardly even step out of this bed without help.” He said gesturing to his beat up body, but I gripped the knife still and my eyes narrowed as I watched him.

I didn’t trust him for a second. Using my heel I pushed the door closed, eyes still glued to him and he titled his head for second, raising an eyebrow as he watched my approach.

“Unless you didn’t take it with you to defend yourself. Let me guess, you came here thinking you would kill me.”

“I’m done thinking.” I said simply but the bastard didn’t even have the decency to look frightened he just lay there confident and smiling and it pissed me off to no end.

“You forget…I’m kaio’s mate. Hurting me will only hurt him.”

“What makes you think I give a fuck about Kaio? I killed him once without batting an eye, hurting his feelings is hardly anything to cry over.”

His smile grew. “Yes but that was before you considered him a friend.” He continued, then looked around the room, “And by the looks of it, he’s the only friend you have.”

I snorted. “Let’s cut the chit chat and get down to business.”

He gestured to the chair by his bed with a weak wave of his hand. “Then by all means.”

I chose to stand.

“Who are you?” and then because it was bothering me; “and what the fuck happened to your accent?” I continued. The first day I’d ‘met’ him his accent had been strong; a mixture of Russian, or was it German and French, now he sounded one hundred percent American and that more than anything heightened my suspicion.

He shrugged. “I’m good with accents and I told you, my name is Malik Laironov.”

“You say that like it’s supposed to mean something to me.”

A strange look glinted in his eyes but it was gone before I could decipher it. “It should actually, but we both know it doesn’t.”

 “Why are you here?”

Another raised brow. “Kaio rescued me, didn’t he tell you?” he tried to play coy, the little bastard and I cursed, taking another step closer to him.

“How about you stop with the games and tell me what you want? Who are you, why are you here and what do you want with Kaio?”

He sighed, an exasperated sound. Or was he just tired, I couldn’t tell. “I am Malik Laironov, here because your little vampire friend rescued me, but trust me Tony, what I want has nothing to do with Kaio and everything to do with you.” He said, shooting me a pointed look and I watched him in confusion.

“Me?”

“Yes. It’s always been about you, the reason I was on the frontline… I’m sure you’ve realized by now that I’m not actually a soldier.” He said “Obviously I didn’t expect to get hurt but…it was pure dumb luck why kaio found me. Now I’m exactly where I want to be…maybe it’s fate.” He reached across the bed and picked up the half empty glass of water, bringing it briefly to his lips before depositing it back onto the table.

“This doesn’t make any sense, what could you want with me?”

His amused expression died then to be replaced by something calm, gentle before a small smile spread across his face.

“Everything.”

I gritted my teeth, tired of the games and his annoying confidence. He hadn’t answered one question I’d thrown at him. The only thing he’d succeeded in doing here was making me even more distrustful and if I couldn’t trust him I didn’t want him around Rien or Kaio. Something wasn’t right here.

“You think I can’t hurt you? You think I won’t just skin you right here?”

“I know you won’t, the same way I know you’re worried I’ll hurt your friends…but I’m no threat to them, I’m no threat to any of you, you have my word.” He said simply but I questioned the sincerity in his voice.

“Your word doesn’t mean shit to me.”

He cocked his head to the side. “You’re so full of anger, it’s… kind of sad really.” His tone softened and then something occurred to me;

“Are you human?”

He laughed, a weak breathy sound that sent chills down my spine. “Of course I’m human, look at me.” he gestured to his body again then sighed, blinking his eyes rapidly as if to clear them.

“I’m more tired than I thought.” He mumbled, then, “Either kill me or get out I need my rest.” His suddenly harsh tone surprised me and I looked down at the weapon I held so tightly in my hand then aback at him. His eyes had already drifted close.

I could do it. A single plunge into the heart and it would be over. Then I wouldn’t have to worry about his intentions or whatever threat he posed to all of us. I took a step forward, my eyes locked onto his face which had already softened with sleep, then I gritted my teeth, cursed under my breath and turned away. Keeping him alive until I figured out what he wanted was probably best. I told myself, then turned on my heel but his voice stopped me just as I pulled the door open an di froze.

“Find a computer, research the name Laironov, then when you’ve figured out why I’m here, come visit me again and we’ll talk.” He said simply.

I looked over my shoulder at him. “There are no computers here.”

“Pity.” He said, then closed his eyes again and with a frown I left the room, slamming the door behind me as I went.

…………………………………………………

Malik Laironov. Weren’t vampires supposed to be able to sense deceit? I thought as I walked along the corridor, too wired to go back to my room just yet. They’d just welcomed the bastard into their lives without a second thought, with not a bloody care in the world as to what he might do or as to what he was. The fools.

The cocky son of a bitch was going to be trouble, I could feel it and that bullshit speech about whatever the hell he wanted with me was just the beginning. I ran a hand over my face, using the other the tuck the knife back into my waist band and as I passed each window lining the corridor, I looked out into the courtyard, taking in the trees further out.

You’re so full of anger...it’s kind of sad really’ Malik’s voice mocked me as I went. I had every right to be angry and who was he to judge? He didn’t know a damn thing about me.

“Asshole.”

I took a breath, then another, trying to cool my temper and pretty soon I didn’t feel the intense need to go back and rough him up until he told me what he knew. His name didn’t even sound vaguely familiar to me. I couldn’t imagine what he expected me to find if I got the chance to research it; nothing of consequence I was sure. I nodded at a drudge who passed by me along the way, then turned the corner.

It was only when I looked away from another window and turned my attention to the path ahead that I even realized I’d missed my turn earlier. I glanced around then up at the set of wide double doors standing a few feet ahead. I turned around, fully prepared to go back the way I’d come but something stopped me. Curiosity probably and I turned toward the door once again.

Three steps brought me directly in front of it and I ran a hand over the curved brass handles. They were cold to the touch. I looked around again, careful to make sure I wasn’t being watched, then I pulled down the handles and shoved the massive doors open. The moment I stepped in I pushed them close behind me, then looked around and it didn’t take me long to realize just where I’d broken into; Rien’s room.

I glanced around the large space, given the size of my own room I was surprised there was actually something bigger. I took a few steps further into the space, taking in the robes which were strewn about; some hanging off the backs of chairs or lying on the floor. I spotted boots sticking out from under the bed and other little things sitting haphazard around the place.

Well someone was a slob. I thought as I kicked a boot out of my way. I could smell him in here; that scent I used to crave back then; it was everywhere, all around me and it was intoxicating. I took a deep breath, then another step, running my hands over the fabric of one of the robes draped over the chair.

This room was different from the rest of his house. It felt...lived in, personal. I stuffed my hands into my pockets and looked around. Nothing hung on the walls but they weren’t bare. Instead there were designs…murals painted on the surface of each wall. Each design different but somehow similar and I knew instinctively that Rien had painted them. This wasn’t just a room…it was his sanctuary.

On the wall directly across from me he’d painted an entire forest, using various shades of greens and yellow bringing life to the otherwise colorless room and I wondered if he hadn’t gotten enough of the trees outside why he’d felt the need to hide them in his bedroom. The other walls held similar things, mostly of nature; life I guess was what he was trying to portray. I shook my head. Typical Rien, everything around him had to have some greater meaning, even his fucking room.

I could feel my anger rising again and for the life of me I couldn’t even understand why. I took a calming breath. On his bed lay what I assumed was a well-worn sketch pad, the cover was so washed out I couldn’t make out the words that were once there and the spine looked as if it had been taped and re-taped a hundred times, the thing was practically falling apart.

I reached across and picked it up. It felt heavy despite how frail it looked and I lifted the front cover, fully prepared to take a peek inside but I paused, shook my head and dropped it onto the blankets. I already knew what would be on the pages. His stupid trees yes, but more than that, I knew I’d see sketches of myself, some from the past, maybe a few recent and I didn’t want to deal with that. I didn’t need another thing about Rien tormenting me late at night when I craved sleep.

I was getting sentimental. Being in his room, surrounded by his things and his smell was bringing back those pain-in-the-ass feelings I’d tried to bury back in the army.

 I needed to go and so swinging around, I’d planned to do just that when my gaze landed on the necklace glinting on the small table by his bed. My heart began to pound in my chest as I took one step, then another, making my way slowly and hesitantly to the table and there it was. The leather cord was broken; snapped really, but there was still no mistaking it.

 I picked up the thing, holding the two pieces of cord in my hand as I looked at the pendant dangling in the middle. The stone was plain and translucent and like the door knob, it was cool to the touch.

He still had it. Guess I shouldn’t have expected any less, Rien was a hoarder, but even that thought didn’t slow my heartbeat or make the pain I felt there any less. I sat down on his bed, looking at the ruined necklace in my hand and I could remember it as clear as day. I could remember when I’d given it to him…

…………………………………..

Six years ago.

I clutched the crumpled bills in my hand, holding them tight against the wind so they wouldn’t blow away as I gazed through the window of the store. There it was; genuine leather cords held together by silver plated clasps with a single pendant dangling from the end of it.

I couldn’t tell what kind of stone it was, it was a translucent looking thing, but I could tell it was hard and solid, durable even, kind of like Rien. Three weeks ago I’d seen it, just sitting there in the shop window amongst all the other expensive looking stuff in the place and ever since then I couldn’t get my mind off it.

I’d never given Rien anything before and I felt like he would like it for some reason and that had decided that. For three whole weeks I’d walked by here, peering into the window to make sure it was still there and for three weeks I’d saved for it. At first I’d thought of stealing it, like I did practically everything else but it felt wrong somehow, like if I was giving it to Rien I had to get it the right way and damn if that hadn’t been hard.

Mowing lawns for miserable old people, recycling plastic bottles, taking out the trash at home all that domestic shit other people couldn’t be bothered to do, I’d done it. Eighty-two bucks; the exact price for the necklace and I had it all in my hand. I didn’t think I’d held so much cash all at one time before in my life and for a minute I felt as if I was on top of the world.

I grinned at my refection in the glass then smoothed out my shirt, making sure it wasn’t too wrinkled. People didn’t like you coming into their stores looking like you didn’t belong, then with one last look, deciding I was as put together as I would ever be, I made my way to the store entrance, one foot poised to enter, when I was shoved back from the door. I tripped and steadied myself before I fell, then looked up, meeting the eyes of the pissed off security guard.

“Get outta here, you think I don’t know what you’re here for? You kids always think you can come up here and steal people’s hard earned cash but not around these parts you hear? go on now.” He waved me away and I straightened, glaring over at him.

“I’m not here to steal asshole, I’m a paying customer, just like everyone else.” I said making sure he caught a glimpse of the cash, but the guard’s eyes only narrowed.

“I said get going kid, don’t make me teach you a lesson.” He continued and my anger only grew. I shoved past him anyway, sick of his high society attitude and made to enter the store again, but this time he latched onto my arm and pulled me away from the place, dragging me along and away from prying eyes as I fought to get free.

“Get off me!” I cursed but he only stopped when we were safely hidden from view in the alley not far away, then he held up his useless baton, and twisted my arm until I cried out. The cash went flying, but not before he snatched it up in his fat meaty palms and held it up for me to see.

I didn’t move as my arm stayed trapped where he held it. “That’s mine!”

“Yeah right, all you little devils are the same, probably stole it from some innocent, law abiding folks.” He said then dropped my arm and I held it, aching against my chest.

“I worked for that cash, there’s no way in hell I’m letting you take it.” I gritted out then struck out to get it, but the big guy shoved me again and this time I landed on my side, skinning my elbow on the rough asphalt.

“Get going, next time I see you round here, it’s the cops I’m callin, you got that?” he threatened and just like that he turned and left me there and I let him.

It was hours before I calmed down to a point where I could even think, but I was still so mad I could have sworn I saw red. A thousand times I’d thought of just running up to the bastard and flooring him, but you had to be smart about that kind of thing. I’d even thought of going to the police myself but in the end it would be his word against mine and no right thinking member of this shitty society would believe me for a second.

So four hours and sixteen minutes later, after my head was clear enough to think straight I’d  come up with a plan. It was simple really; didn’t take much brains to do it and so under the cover of night, when all the stores on that block were closed and the security guard had gone to the side of the building to take a smoke I’d set off. I had the hood of my sweater drawn up to cover my face and the brick clutched in my hand.

The moment it went through the glass window the alarm went off and the entire block was just a blaring mess. I had to be quick about it and so without much thought, I ducked through the smashed up window, making sure to keep my head down and grabbed the necklace from the pillow before tucking it away deep into my jeans pocket.

I was back out onto the street in no time and had managed to take exactly three steps before being tackled to the ground. I felt a blazing pain erupt through my side and another in my arm and I managed to throw up my hands to cover my face. Again and again I was hit, then I felt the sickening snap of my pinky and I cried out.

I couldn’t tell how long it went on for, I could only remember the pain in that moment. Pain like you wouldn’t believe then...nothing. It took a moment for me to realize I wasn’t being hit anymore and another to push myself up just enough to see the guard lying not too far away from me, his head lying in a pool of his own blood and his eyes staring sightlessly.

“Holy shit.” I gasped out, my ribs aching and practically every other part of my body throbbing, then I was being hoisted up from the ground by strong hands.

“Come one let’s go!” the familiar voice shouted and I turned, following my rescuer down the street, through the alleyway and down an unlit road. I ran until I was wheezing then we ran some more until we both had to stop for air.

That was when I caught that first glimpse of my savior. “Carl.” I panted and he looked up at me with a grin.

“Jesus Tony, a minute more and you’d have been road kill huh?” he said with a grin and I lowered myself onto the ground, trying to catch my breath.

“You alright there buddy?”

“Yeah, fine.” I managed, hands shaking. Everything hurt, then. “You killed him.” I accused.

Carl nodded. “It was you or him dude.”

I looked away from him, then ran a shaky hand over my face hissing when I accidentally smacked my pinky. Yup definitely broken.

“I don’t see you around here much anymore, where you been Tony?” he questioned ad I shook my head.

“Trynna stay outta trouble I guess.”

He chuckled. “Yeah I can see that.” Then he went silent and I looked at him. He sat there, beside me, a ‘comforting’ hand on my shoulder and when his lips touched my neck I pushed up and away from him.

I couldn’t. Before I’d met Rien? sure I’d do it no problem, but I was done sleeping around.

“Hey what’s the problem T?”

I shook my head, “Nothing I gotta go.” Then I was walking away from him surprised he hadn’t issued a word of protest yet. I glanced back to see him watching me, or rather watching something in front of me and I turned around and smacked right into… Rien.

I clutched my chest in shock, my heart pounding, before I relaxed and glared at him.

“For Fuck’s sake Rien, why do you always do that?” I bitched but he ignored me, his eyes planted on Carl who had finally stood up and was watching us, a strange expression crossing his face.

“Can we go home now?” I asked leaning into my RiRi and letting him shoulder most of my weight. I didn’t look back at Carl as we walked away. It was the last time I saw him and I had a strange feeling that had something to do with Rien, but I never asked.

 He took me to his house then and made me sit on his bed while he dressed my cuts and scrapes. When he snapped my broken pinky into shape, I wasn’t sure if it was the pain, or the stress of the night that made me do it, but I cried and cried some more like a snot nosed brat and he held me against him, my head cushioned against his chest as I let it all out, because sometimes I just couldn’t be as strong as I wanted him to think I was, and I think he knew that.

Later that night, possibly even early morning we lay in his bed and I watched the wood crackle in his fire place. “Every time I see you you have some new injury. I can hardly keep up.” He said softly, his deep voice flowing over me and around the room.

It was then that I even remembered why I’d gotten the scrapes in the first place and I sat up reaching into my pocket with my good hand to pull out the necklace which I held out to him. He took it, his expression one of confusion as he looked at it and I shook my head.

“It’s a necklace.”

“I know what it is, I suppose I just don’t understand why you’ve given it to me.” he said simply, looking from me to the necklace and back as if no one had ever given him a thing in his life.

“I want you to have it.”

His eyes narrowed. “How did you come by it?”

“I bought it.” I said quickly and he raised a brow.

“You have no money.” He said and I relented.

“Okay I stole it, who cares, just put it on.” And after a brief pause he did. It looked good on him, just as I’d expected and I looked at the stone nestled in the hollow of his throat. He brought a hand up to touch it.

“Is there meaning behind it?” he asked and for a second I just looked at him, then shrugged.

“Nah, I just thought it looked cool.”

He nodded. “Thank you.”

………………………………….

Present day

Something cool was moving along my cheek and I wrinkled my nose trying to dislodge it. There it was again and this time I moved a hand to brush it away and something latched onto it. I woke up then, opening my eyes slightly to see a shape hovering over me.

“RiRi.” I breathed and he smiled.

“I'm here my love.” He said softly and for a second I stared at him, my head still muddled from sleep.

It took me a second but when I realized what was happening I smacked his hand away and sat up, surprised I’d fallen asleep in the first place. It took me another second to realize I was still in his room and I moved to get off his bed but his hand against my chest stayed me.

“You don’t need to get up. You’re tired.”  I blinked, I was never at my best after just waking up and I allowed him to push me back down as I regained the rest of my senses.

He smiled. “You were always more malleable directly after sleep.” And before I knew what was happening he was lowering his head to mine, soft supple lips against my own and like a fool I allowed him to.

Later on I would blame it on my being tired, but in the moment I allowed him to kiss me and it felt just like it did back then...no better. I missed this. His hand moved to cup my cheek and my eyes drifted closed but all too soon he was pulling away and I blinked them open to watch him in confusion.

“Unfortunately I must go. I only came to change from my robes. There is an urgent matter that requires my attention and it seems I shall be gone from here for at least a day, maybe two.” He explained and I sat up again, my head finally cleared as I took in his concern.

“What’s going on?”

He gestured to my hand and I looked down at the necklace which was still trapped between my fingers. “Did you come to take it back?”

I unwound it and dropped it back onto the table beside me. “No I was just…surprised you still had it.”

His brow furrowed. “Of course I do, it was a gift.” He said simply and I nodded.

He glanced at the window then back at me “I’ll explain it all to you when I return. I apologize but I must go.” He said and after a quick touch of his lips to my forehead he was gone.

For a while I could only stare at the closed door as I wondered what the hell had just happened.

                                           AUTHOR'S NOTES

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!

THANKS FOR READING GUYS

FAN ART WELCOME

Don't forget to check out my new story 'Skittles'!

-DoUbLe.A

-unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 883 23
လူတွေအားလုံး Vegetarian မှ မဟုတ်တာ.. လူသားတွေ အသားစားတာ normal ဆိုရင် Vampire တွေ လူ့သွေးစုပ်တာကို ဘာလို့ ရက်စက်တယ်လို့ စွပ်စွဲမှာလဲ??
4.8M 287K 101
In this life, a human without the money to pay for their own life is worth nothing. Take those humans in as property, breed them, and you'll end up l...
106K 5K 21
'You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye And I got that red lip classic thing that you like And when we go crashing down, we come back ever...
13.7M 411K 34
He had spent centuries with only himself for company, he fed, tortured and killed that was his life and he liked it that way, until she came along an...