I fell for your smile (Comple...

By ashley_devlin

Its a story of a girl who fell in love at first smile with a boy who doesn't believe in love. More

Prologue
Ch 2: A date
ch 3: Marriage proposal
Ch 4: Journey to past
Ch 5: A sudden kindness
Ch 6: Are you a girl?
Ch 7: Getting to know you
Ch 8: An alarm bell
Ch 9:Break up
Ch 10: Addict
Ch 11: Chance meeting
Important announcement
Ch12 : Battling with myself
Ch 13: coffee for a pretty boy
ch 14: My girlfriend
Ch 15: Mine
Ch 16: Father and daughter
Ch 17: I am most important to you
Ch 18: Meeting Father in law
Ch 19 : Playing games
Ch 20: Power games
ch 21 : Tired of more games
Ch 22: checkmate
ch 23: Betrayal
Ch 24: Thrown away
Ch 25: No other option
ch 26 : I am not weak
Ch 27 : love you too much
Ch 28: A last talk
Ch 29: Regret
Ch 30: Father or husband?
ch 31: Unexpected
Ch 32: So close yet so far
Ch 33: Selfish love
Ch 34: Incomplete without you
Ch 35 : Father and son
Ch 36 : Couldn't even say bye
Ch 37 : Accepting my humanity
Ch 38: Being cheesy
Ch 39: ASR, one look is enough
Epilogue

Ch 1: Found you

9.4K 226 10
By ashley_devlin

Few years later, January 2018

Kiran tiredly sat down on a bench but within seconds another child ran toward her with balloons in hand.

Child: Teacher, I want to tie these to that chair.

Kiran got up and helped the child tie the balloons. She had not eaten anything for breakfast and it was already 4 in noon. She wanted to go to her room and lie down but that wasn't possible. This charity function was organised by the same welfare organisation which provided her Shelter and work, and function won't end until 5 in the evening.

She saw one of the balloon wasn't tied properly and bent to open the thread and re-tie it. This lifted her sleeves and a big scar on right arm was visible. The child looked at it curiously. Kiran ignored it. She was now used to the scar.

After an hour the function finally finished, leaving it to one of her colleague Mahesh to sort up the wrapping she went to the room She rented two blocks away. The alleyways were narrow, the houses old and in much need of repair.

She went into the building in which her room was and climbed up the stairs. She opened the door lock with keys knowing deep down that one hard push by a man would knock this door down. But still She locked the door when she went in. Tired She laid down on the bed and thought what to cook. Having no energy she just grabbed a slice of bread and ate it.

She looked at the tiny room with small washroom where 2 people cannot even stand. There was a small fridge in corner with a stove on top. It wasn't safe but that was the only place she could put it. Her small bed occupied most of the room. She looked around in misery but deep down she knew she could never go back to her father.

If she had not met him, if she had not fallen for that laugh, would her life be easier, different than now? She did not know. She sighed and closed her eyes.

.

... ...

In the morning, She got up ready to go to school run by the organisation. Her foot steps were quick as she focused on things she needed to do today. She was totally unaware of the man taking her pictures.

... ... ...

After teaching her third class She went back to faculty room. The faculty in this school was a mismatch of people, some here were people from good social background who volunteered to teach children, some wanted teaching experience and some, like her, needed it to survive.

After running away from home with no Identification, only this organisation had been willing to help her secure a job and place to live. She was pretending to have a memory loss. She had been provided a temporary id with name anushka. She did not mind it, She never wanted to be found.

She was pouring water from dispenser when Mahesh came over to her.

Mahesh: Anu how did your class went?

Kiran had given up on trying to stop him from calling her anu.

Kiran: It was okay. That boy rohail is big trouble. He bully other kids even in front of me. Don't know what is his problem.

Mahesh: Other teachers are reporting same thing. We may need to expel him but that means he will have no where to go.

Kiran: He need to realize that himself.

Mahesh shook his head and said: let's wait for committee to make a decision. Are you free after this? We are all going to local cafe for coffee. My treat!

Kiran agreed. She had no money of her own and her colleagues knew it.

... ... ...

There were ten of her colleagues with her, everyone settled down in little groups. She sat down with Mahesh on one of the table with her coffee. She loved the aroma of fresh coffee. She took a sip and felt happy.

Mahesh smiled at her contented look and said: you know you are different.

Kiran: why?

Mahesh: I haven't met another adult who gets happy at little things. I have never seen you looking longingly at clothes or jewelry but a cup of coffee, the scent of cookies, fresh popcorn. ... these little things make you smile.

Kiran said nothing. Just sipped her coffee.

The door to cafe opened and a man walked in, anyone who looked at him got mesmerised by him for a moment.

His eyes slowly scanned the room and landed on couple sitting in corner. He smiled. Those who were watching him wanted to get up and meet this man. To get to know him. His smile was filled with charm, and friendliness.

Kiran unaware of the pairs of eyes trained on her took another sip of coffee.

He walked over to the couple and lightly knocked on table. Both Mahesh and Kiran looked up at same time. Kiran turned pale. Mahesh was awed by a moment from the man's looks and his personality.

He smiled friendly at him and said: Hi, I am Adiraj, one of the new board member of humanwelfare organisation. I was told I could find the staff here.''

Mahesh stood up and smiled back. He raised his hand for handshake.

Adiraj politely shook his hand. Mahesh offered him coffee and after ordering it for him introduced her to Anushka.

Adiraj stared at Anushka who just sat there silent. He didn't say anything either to break the silence and just sat down on chair next to her. Mahesh took the coffee from waitress and put it on table. He looked at both of them and for a moment he thought they look so beautiful together. Anushka was beautiful. Her long black hairs, white porcelain skin along with her big brown eyes and pink lips made people stare at her. The only thing marring her beauty was a light scar on her temple but it somehow enhanced her while Adiraj could give any top model hard competition but what made him special was that there was an innocence on his face. He smiled and you could not resist smiling back. He had a charming personality.

Adiraj saw Mahesh lost in thoughts staring at him and barely held his irritation in check. He hated it when people behaved stupidly. If not for woman sitting next to him, he would never have stepped into this place and talked with this man.

He smiled politely at Mahesh: did anyone tell you about me? You did not seemed surprised when I introduced myself.

Mahesh snapped out of his daze and nodded. He friendly replied: yes, I received a message in the morning but I thought you would be coming to school.

Adiraj nodded.

Mahesh: I am the most senior member in this faculty in terms of the  time that I have been with this organisation. I started teaching when I was twenty years old and after 15 years, I head most of the school fund raising projects. So, you can ask me any question you have in mind.

Adiraj nodded and asked: I heard you and Miss Anushka organised a function yesterday for orphan kids.

Mahesh smiled happily: yes, although anushka has lost her memory but her organisation skills are really good. She helped me make this function a success.

Kiran did not say anything. She just sat there like a statue. Adiraj waited for her to say anything but when She didn't, he got the answer he was seeking. She had not lost her memory. But then why was She hiding here in this miserable place? Time to get a reaction from her. He lifted the coffee cup and inhaled the scent and then replaced it with Kiran empty cup.

He gave her a boyish grin and said: coffee for a pretty lady.

Kiran tensed further remembering a time in past when She had put coffee in front of him and said the words,'' coffee for a pretty boy.''

Her hands trembled. Adiraj did not stop there, he added,'' So, can I ask you out for dinner tonight. Anywhere you want, and anything you want.''

Tears stung her eyes, She had been so stupid. No wonder She was in this mess.

Mahesh felt shocked at Adiraj's  words. He considered Kiran a friend and the way this guy was speaking to he was not right. He did not want to offend this man but he was too much straightforward.

Kiran shook her head in negative: I am not interested.

Adiraj felt a bit of anger. She had never refused him anything. But at least he got all the reactions he needed. He moved his hand and grasped her right hand into his and said: I know you want to say yes.

One of her colleagues, Mrs shukla was watching this from nearby table. Being a strong advocate for woman rights. She hated any man who behaved in this manner to a woman.

She got up from table. Adiraj had turned Kiran's face toward him and he was looking at her trembling lashes. Suddenly someone grabbed the hand which was holding Kiran's hand and tried to separate them. He looked up at the woman and let go of Kiran's hand. He smiled at woman who blinked and said to her: I am sorry if my behavior seems rude to any of you. I am just blinded by miss Ki...anushka here. I have good intentions.''

He did not wanted to create a scene so he got up and said to mahesh: My secretary will ring you regarding a new function I want to organise for charity.

He got his sunglasses out and looked at Kiran: I will not take no for an answer. I am sure you know how a heart in love cannot accept no.

He put the glasses on and left the cafe. Kiran smiled bitterly. He seemed to have memorized every word She said and now was throwing them back her.

... ... ...

Days passed with each day bringing some sort of gift from Adiraj to anushka. The whole staff watched everyday as bouquet of flower was delivered to her along with different gifts.

Anushka remained silent and just silently accepted everything. She gave the flowers to kid who performed best in her class, same with chocolates. Jewelry and bags she gave into charity

A month has passed and finally one day Adiraj dropped down for a visit to their school. He was asking anushka again for the dinner. Anushka ignored him and just focused on home work copy she was checking.

Mrs shukla unable to bear it any longer swooped down and interrupted them.

Mr shukla: why are you so arrogant. It is clear she is not interested in you. Don't you have any self respect? What kind family you belong to?Haressing a poor girl who has lost her memory. You are putting her under pressure.

Adiraj just silently stared at her. Kiran got up from her chair knowing how his personality was and tried to stop Mrs shukla.

Mrs shukla: why are you glaring at me like that? You might be a board member but I am not scared of you. I work here for peace of my mind. Not for money. I...

Adiraj smiled. It scared Kiran like nothing else.

Kiran: Mrs shukla please stop. It's alright. I...it's no big deal.

Adiraj just turned and left.

Everyone in room started whispering

'' I think Mrs shukla is jealous. He is such a good looking man.''

'' true, his smile is so nice and Mrs shukla said so much but he didn't said anything nasty back.''

''Anushka is lucky'!

'' his smile...''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 38.9K 28
โ—‰๐–๐ž ๐‚๐š๐ง ๐Ž๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐‹๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ง ๐“๐จ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐๐ฒ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐ โ—‰ ๐™’๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ช๐™™๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ข๐™–๐™ง๐™ง๐™ž๐™–๐™œ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™– ๐™ก๏ฟฝ...
678K 50.4K 128
[ Part 1 of Admiring Love.] [ He fell first but she fell harder.] [ If you like to read love stories based on love, trust, care, respect and loyalty...
45.6K 2.3K 43
Pihu Sharma is a loving, kind, and sweet person. She belongs to a middle-class family who wants to marry their daughter to someone higher than their...
4.8K 285 10
Two individuals have lost the hope of ever getting back their first love, but life has other plans for them. Read on to know their story.