The Game Of Survivors✔️

By shakthi

Highest ranking: #1 [Blurb] "I... I will kill you," She raised the gun at me. "Sanjana-" "I am Trishana," she... More

Prologue
#1 The Surya Group.
#2 The survivors
#3 The hearing
#4 Doctor vs Reporter
#5 The gunshot
#6 The Enemy's Enemy
#7 The missing patients
#8 The file house
#9 The Estate house
#10 Between the devil & The deep sea
#11 The gang
#12 The betrayal
#13 The confession
#14 Project "Surya Narayan"
#15 Kidnapped!
#16 Trisha's Secret
#17 The plan
#18 Truth magazine
#19 Merging of Latest
#20 Safe house
#21 Shweta Surya Narayan
#22 Abraham
#23 The Obsession
#24 The silent witness
#25 Varsha missing
#26 The torture
#27 Arrested
#28 Arjun's True colors
#29 The press conference
#30 Rest in peace
#31 Family
Book II #32 Face-to-Face
#33 Sanjana saxena
#34 Truth & lies
#35 The first date
#36 Jasmine
#37 Izzy
#38 Yes!
#39 The person inside
#40 Knight in shining armour
#41 The promise
#42 The secret vault
#43 Against the rule
#44 A whole new world
#45 The truth
#46 The escape
#47 The rescue
#48 The uninvited guests
Book III #49 waking up
#50 Dreamland
#51 The Past
#52 The misplaced trust
#54 The interrogation
#55 Answers
#56 The double life
#57 Mrs.Arjun Rajnath
#58 The spy
#59 Reporter Trishana
#60 I love you
#61 The picnic
#62 The Jailbreak
#63 Operation sweep
#64 The Trap
#65 The surrender
#66 The surprise gift
#67 Surviving the worst
#68 Game over
#69 Back to the rightful places
#70 Together Forever [Epilogue]

#53 The mission backfired

11.7K 960 135
By shakthi

Arjun.  

I waited in the conference room along with Father, Raghav sir, Pramod and Abiram.  

I don't understand why father want all of us to be assembled here when the plan was already in motion.  

I looked at him.  

Unless..he suspect someone here.

He already doubt that there's a spy inside?

"Thomas mathew agreed to take care of Suresh kumar?" Raghav sir asked Abiram.  

He laughed proudly.

"I offered him a position in my group if he take care of ACP suresh and bring us the files" He said. "He doesn't even know that it's a trap for him too" he laughed aloud.  

Whoa! Thomas mathew is more stupid than I thought then, He had been working with surya group for a long time, it looks like he still hasn't realised that he's useless to the corporation now-And Abiram is taking advantage of exactly that.  

He is using SI thomas mathew for one last time to do his dirty work.  

"What do you mean?" Pramod looked confused.  

"It means, we are taking care of suresh kumar and Thomas mathew in one shot" I said slowly.  

I hope Karthik will reach there in time.  

"What about Reporter Trishana?" Pramod asked again.  

"Trishana is not attending the meeting and suresh is doing this to trap us, We got news from commissioner's office that suresh already know that it's a trap"

"What! He was ready to walk straight into his death?" Pramod asked incredulously.  

Abiram laughed again.  

"Suresh kumar thinks that he's not alone, He thinks that the commissioner will provide him with reinforcement just in time" He said arrogantly.  

I fisted my hand under the table and controlled myself.  

Things are proceeding just like what happened few months ago.  

Officer Ajith roy was also waiting for reinforcement just before his accident.  

"The story goes like this, The Corrupt officer Thomas mathew had a grudge against ACP Suresh kumar, Everyone in the department know that, Officer suresh kumar even filed a complaint against Thomas mathew before for "Misusing his power" So it will not be a wonder if SI Thomas kill suresh kumar" Abiram said. "The brave ACP suresh kumar take down Thomas with him and shot him in self defense"

"How can they kill each other like you said? One of them will get away"

"We are taking out the trump card again" Father said. "To finish both of them"

My heart trempled at that.  

The trump card- The most dangerous killer of surya group, The person who killed so many people including my family- He's coming out again.

"There's more" Abiram announced.  

What have you done, Abiram?

"I arranged priyanka to be taken care of too" He said. "All of those who were obstructing our path will be gone today" He said.  

I looked at him coldly.  

Now, You  just fell into my trap, Abiram, Enjoy now.  

"Why did you go after her without discussing with me first?" Father turned to him angrily.   

"It was a reckless move, Abiram" I said. "Things can go wrong if you are impatient like this" I stated.  

"Nothing will go wrong, If suresh kumar is dead, No one can do anything about it, If he can't even save himself, How can he save priyanka!?" Abiram laughed.  

"There's still reporter Trishana" Raghav sir reminded him. "She will not let go of this easily"

"My next target is her" Abiram said. "She's been missing from the Truth magazine for some time now, This is a chance for me to find out her whereabouts" He said.  

I gritted my teeth.  

You will never touch her, I will kill you before you hurt her.  

"If Suresh kumar is dead, We can control Trishana too" Pramod said. "She won't have his protection then" He added.  

"Don't worry about suresh kumar anymore" Father said. "We are sending the most deadliest weapon today, He had never failed before, He will take care of suresh too" Father said confidently.  

No..I have informed Karthik, He will stop it, He's a STO...

Karthik, I really hope that you will save him.  

Suresh kumar.  

I was surprised to see SI Thomas mathew at my door.  

"You! why are you here?" I asked and he pointed the gun at me.  

"Move back" He ordered.  

"You are the one who came for them!?" I asked, Now surprised that they had sent such a low life to take care of me.  

"I said -Move back" He pushed me back to the room while he entered the house.  

"I heard that you and Trishana was planning to meet the police superintendent" He said. "Where's that datas!?" He asked me.  

I chuckled.  

"Do you think I will have it here with me? Do you think I am stupid!?" I snickered.  

He stepped forward and touched the gun to me.  

"Don't you get it Mr.self righteous officer!?" He whispered deadly. "There is no one in the house, I know, The reinforcement you are waiting for is not coming" He stopped and I looked at him in shock.  

For the first time, I started to understand what had gone wrong.  

The commissioner of police!

Karthik.  

I parked the car a block away from my house.

I stepped out of the car and turned to Aditi.  

"Don't move a muscle, Stay right there" I said and before she could understand, I locked her inside.  

"Hey-" She started, But I was already walking towards my house.  

I reached the front door and realised that it was locked from inside.  

My dad is supposed to be here!

I can't take any chances with his life.  

I pulled out a gun- An unlicensed gun that I thought I won't ever touch and shot the lock.  

The gun shot echoed around as the door swung open. 

I opened it widely and entered my house.  

"DAD!" I bellowed. "Where are-" I stopped midway.

My blood ran cold at the sight.  

My dad and Thomas was already struggling.  

Thomas was trying to stab him when my dad was trying to block him.  

"Dad!" I shouted as I raised up my gun and pointed it straight at Thomas.  

"let go of him!" I said, I couldn't shoot as I was afraid of hurting my dad.  

"Karthik!" My dad looked shocked as he saw me. "Get out of here!"

I aimed my gun at Thomas, But Thomas has already his gun pointed straight at my dad.  

"I was not planning to use my personal gun to finish you off, But I guess, I have no choice" He said.

"I will kill you if you shoot my dad" I told him firmly. "You can't get away with killing him"

"I will be killed even if I don't kill him!" Thomas said. "I really have no way out" He said, Still pointing his gun at my dad.  

"Abiram surya narayan put you to this" My dad stated. "You even started to kill for him? Do you think you can get away with this?" Dad asked slowly.

"I can get away with it if I kill you today" He said. "I don't have a way out-Stop right there or I will kill you!" He shouted and I stopped trying to move near.  

"you!" He said and take a double look at me. "You are that guy! You are his son!"

Apparently SI Thomas has just recognised me, He was there in the surya headquarters while We were taken as prisoners last time.  

"what nonsense are you talking about,  You have never met my son before-"

"you have no idea what your son is upto?" Thomas started and my heart skipped a beat. "He is working with-"

"Stop talking and let go of my dad" I said. "If you let go of him, I will help you, I will make sure that you are not harmed by-"

"surya group?" He laughed, humourless. "You can't do anything against them, Now that I know your identity, I will be rewarded once I get rid of both of you-"

"SI Thomas,They are using you to get rid of my dad! Surya Group already know that this was a trap set by my dad and they asked you to get the files!? Everyone knows that the original plan is cancelled, Everyone already knows that there will not be any files here!" I said, Trying to knock some sense to him.  

"I am told to get the files from him, I already know that his reinforcement are not going to reach here!" Thomas look indignant as he answered me.  

"They also conveniently forgot to mention to you that the whole meeting was actually a trap arranged by my dad,  That he doesn't have the files with him"

"That's not true!"

"That's true" Dad told calmly now. "I already discussed with the commissioner of police that this is a fake arrangement, So he knew that I don't have Reporter Trishana's files with me, So he must've already passed the information to surya group that I don't have any files"

Confusion registered on Thomas's face.  

"They will not do it to me! They won't gain anything by lying to me"

"Ask yourself why they decided to do it!" I said. "They are simply using you to do their dirty work!" I exclaimed again.

"You still have a chance, Thomas, to turn yourself back, To-"

"No! I don't care about it, As long as I take care of you, I will be rewarded-"

"If you shoot my dad, I will shoot you" I said angrily. Now I understand how dumb he is.

He is still making excuses and still not ready to give up.

I raised up my gun steadily and supported my right hand with my left, Aiming straight at his head.

I am stressed and tensed that the person in front of SI Thomas's gunpoint is my dad, But I tried to keep myself steady and cool headed.

"This is the last chance I am giving you" I said, Now calculating in my head.

One bullet and he won't even have time to pull the trigger, I know that I can kill him with just one shot.  

"Karthik" Dad said, I know what he's trying to tell me.  

"No dad" I said. "I can't talk him out of it" I said. "He's determined to kill you" I said without flinching and Thomas looked worried.  

He knew that I will kill him if he kill my dad, On the other hand, He also knew that He can't get away from this situation.  

Three..

Two-

I was shocked as Thomas suddenly clutched his heart and fell down, Blood splashed out from his heart as he looked shocked.

A silencer!

I whirled around to see the killer shooting again, But I was too late-

"Karthik!" Dad pushed me out of the way and my heart stopped when he fell down next.  

"DAD!" I Shouted as I aimed my gun straight at the guy in mask, Both of us were pointing the gun at each other now.  

"I...I am ok, Take..Take care of yourself.." He was struggling to get the words out.  

Dad..

Dad's hurt!

No...I can't get distracted...

I didn't move and pointed my gun straight at him while he was doing the same to me.

The way the killer was holding his gun and his stance was really different and I felt the dangerous aura around him.  

There's only one way to get out of this.  

I knew that I had to take the risk.  

I ducked and tried to kick the gun out of his hands and was surprised to see that he has mirrored my action.  

Both of us were kicked out to opposite directions while the guns were thrown out of our hands.  

I need to take him down!

I lunged at him and He was already on top of me.  

He's very fast!

I am supposed to be very good at combat skills, But I realised that He's very good too.

I could even feel his thirst to kill.  

I tried to take his mask off, But he grabbed my hand, Stopping me.  

"You hurt the wrong person today" I growled. "I am going to kill you" I rolled and slammed him to the wall with my strength.  

He took out the knife and raised it to stab me-

"Stop!" I was shocked to hear the shaking voice.  

Aditi!

She was holding the gun and pointing straight at us, Or rather..the guy.  

The killer stilled for a moment and I stiffened.  

"ADITI MOVE!!" I Shouted as the knife flew at her.  

I let go of the murderer as I rolled around, kicked Aditi, Who lost her balance and flew to the ground, Missing the knife by inches.  

I took the gun in her hand, Rotated back, Shot twice just in time as he flashed out of sight.  

"Dad!" I turned to him as soon as the killer was out.

Aditi was already beside my dad.

Aditya.  

By the time I reached there, Everything seems to be over.  

I had had started from the estate house the moment Aditi messaged me something about commissioner and I didn't want Karthik and Aditi to face danger.  

People were starting to gather and I hurried inside.  

"Stop" One rude guy stopped me on my way. "Who are you-"

"Aditya! You are here" Aditi sounded relieved and on verge of tears to see me and the guys at the door let me inside.  

The sight made me frozen on the doorway.  

Blood was everywhere.  

One police officer was already lying motionless on one end of the room while Karthik was supporting his dad on his lap, Who was barely moving.  

"listen...to me..."His dad was struggling to get his last words out. "Take.. care.. of your...mom-"

"Don't talk anything dad.. please don't talk-" Karthik was pleading with him.  

I rushed forward to him.  

"Aditya!" Karthik looked up at me. "You are here! You are a doctor, Save him! Save my dad!"

I started to check his vitals and It looked bad.  

"Karthik-"

"save him, Aditya....please.." He pleaded.  

I had never even imagined that Karthik will look this helpless and distressed.  

"move back first" I told him as Aditi was already back with my medical kit from the car.  

"He is going to hypovolemic shock, He lost a lot of blood" I said.  

"The bullet is too close to his heart" Karthik looked desperate.  

"we should maintain his airway" I said as I intubated him while Karthik looked tensed beside me.  

Once I was sure that his breathing is okay, I turned to him.  

"Calm down and listen to me" I took the strictest voice I could muster.  

"Karthik, Your dad's condition is very bad, One of his major vessel is ruptured, If we transfer him without suturing it back, He will...bleed profusely" I said. "one the other hand, If I try to suture it back now, We don't have a good surgical setting or Light source, Not to mention the chance of infection afterwards, All I can give you is a 50 chance of his survival" I said.  

I want him to know the situation well before taking a decision.  

Karthik stared at me for a moment.  

"Stop his bleeding first" He said and I nodded, understanding.  

I was ready with the gloves and mask in seconds, I disinfected the wound before starting my work.  

I turned back to the ruptured Major artery as Aditi helped me to arrange the surgical setting and Karthik brought the emergency light.

So I started my work.

"Police is here" Someone told from the doorway.  

Karthik looked up, His anger evident in his eyes.  

"Don't let anyone inside" He said. "I need to keep the crime site untouched" He ordered.  

"Sir, An ambulance is here" Another one said. "from city hospital" He added and I sighed in relief.  

Uncle prakash sent me the back up, We can move the patient safely now.

Arjun.  

I opened the first message from the officers I placed at city hospital.

"Sanjay Arrested" I read and relief coursed through me.  

Abiram's going to have a hard time getting out of this, His personal Assistant and private goon; Sanjay is arrested during the mission.

I opened the second message from Shyam.  

"Assisted the gang and secured the crime scene, But the killer disappeared by the time we reached" I read.  

My heart jumped at that.  

The killer...the same killer who killed my family, He was out again!

Nakulan opened the room and came inside the meeting room.  

"He killed the two police officers" Nakulan announced and everyone relaxed while my heart went overdrive.  

"Sir!"

Vijay, Father's bodyguard came inside "We just got news that....the palace group bodyguards are at the scene" He said. "They are not allowing our officers inside" He announced.  

"Palace group!?" Abiram shouted. "How come they get involved in something like this!?"

"May be officer suresh was already recruited by the palace group?" Raghav sir asked. "I Am sure that they are waiting for their officers to reach the site"

"They are indeed preventing us from destroying the crime scene" I said. "But the question is, How did they know about the incident, or the most important point is, How come they reached the crime site even before our men who were anticipating it?" I asked.  

Of course it was me who messaged shyam to take care of the situation when I heard about the plan.  

I knew that the gang will rush there and try to save him, So I had no way but sent my team there to block everyone else until Sanju's friends are safely moved away.

"It's like they have been waiting for it" Father said slowly. "So the trap suresh kumar set was not actually his idea, it was what palace group set for us!" He exclaimed.  

So typical of him to jump into that conclusion, But it's good as long as his attention is diverted from the gang.  

He should never suspected the gang.  

But my mind was still stuck on the question.  

How's suresh kumar?

Before anyone else answered me, Someone else came inside.  

"Sir!" He said. "we got news....Sanjay has been arrested and charged for attempted murder"

"What!?" Abiram shouted and got up.  

"Apparently it was a trap, they had moved Priyanka long before, The police officers were stationed there to mislead everyone!"

"We already know the officer's details! they are nothing! Sanjay and his team couldn't even take care of them?" He screamed.  

"There were other officers stationed around in civilian clothes" He said slowly "Apparently they were waiting for someone to attack"

"I told you it was a reckless move, Abiram" I said. "We sent Vijay there to kill Shahid when he was in ICU, They will be extra careful now" I added.  

"You brought it on yourself, Abiram, Your plan backfired" Father looked angry. "Now you know why I can't hand you the power, You understimated your enemies, And this is not even your first time" he added while taking out his phone.  

"But since suresh kumar is already dead, Let's just hope for the best, Maybe we can get sanjay out" Raghav sir said.  

"I will contact the commissioner-" Father stopped as his phone started to ring.  

He answered it and his face looked angry.  

"Okay, I understand" Father disconnected the call and looked at Abiram.  

"Palace group is involved in this" He said deadly. "So officer suresh was indeed working with them" He said. "Even the commissioner cannot do anything about this, Abiram, He want you to hide for the time being" Father said. "Just incase something goes wrong"

"Sanjay will never betray me!" Abiram exclaimed. "Why should I hide when I'm not involved directly!"

"There's no one in this world you can trust, Abiram, Understand it first"

"But they have no evidence against me!"

"Abiram" I turned to him. "If sanjay is with palace group's officers, Do you really think they will leave him without a confession?"I asked deadly. "They will torture him to get a statement against you, Even if it was not ordered by you, They will get something like that out of him-"

"You-"

"If you can't even clean up after yourself, Abiram, At Least do nothing that will drag others to your mess!"

"You bloody rascal-"

"What he said is right" Father said sternly. "I had had enough of these, Hide yourself for the time being" He ordered.  

Aditi.  

SI Thomas mathew was declared dead on spot and Karthik's Dad was taken to the operation theatre directly.

The reporters were having a field day at the news and were trying to get inside the hospital while the security was blocking them off.

But I know that it's only a matter of time before they force their way inside.

I turned to Karthik.

He refused to move out of there, He just sat in front of the OT.

"listen to me Karthik, You can't stay-" Uncle prakash started again.

"No" he said angrily. "My dad is still inside, How can I abandon him?" He asked.

"I will take care of him" Uncle said. "Aditya has already done a good job, I will take care of the rest" He said.  

He had already sent Aditya back to estate house, Aditya didn't want to show his face in city hospital as he had worked there for a short time.

So it was my duty to stay back and put some sense to Karthik.  

"Karthik, Narayan and his people will be watching the hospital, Staying here is stupid and reckless, They know your face already, Do you want them to know your identity too?" Uncle prakash asked.

"I don't care" he said. "I just need my dad back" He said. "Do you not remember what happened to shahid when he was in the ICU, They will sent their men-"

"trust me Karthik, I will take care of your dad" uncle said.  

"can... can you bring him back?" I looked at him. "Uncle...please...bring my dad back"

Uncle stilled a moment.  

I know it too, Karthik's dad is in a critical stage.  

"I will do my best, Karthik" He said. "They have already prepared everything, I need to reach the OT now, You need to go back now" He added before walking back.  

I watched him as he sat there, Still covered in blood.  

My phone started to ring again.  

Shahid, Aditya and Varsha is calling me nonstop to make him come back, But I dunno what I'm going to do about convincing him.  

He looked stubborn and adamant to stay there.  

"Karthik?"

I heard a voice and turned around.  

"Amma" He raised up from his chair.  

Amma!?

I was shocked to see the lady coming towards him, I recognised her instantly, She was the lady whom we have met before from the shopping mall.  

It was Karthik's mom!?

He never told me that she's his mom!

I watched as Karthik hugged his amma and She patted him on his back, Looking strong.  

"your dad is strong, He will pull through this" She said.

"I know" Karthik said.  

His Amma turned to me.  

"Aditi,Thank you for staying with him" She nodded.  

I was at loss of words, I didn't know what to do.  

Karthik was back in his place and his amma took the chair next to him.  

"The reporters are all around the hospital, It's a matter of time before they find their way inside, You need to move" She said.  

Karthik ignored it.  

"Karthik, You are a STO , An undercover officer, I don't want your face to be public, It will ruin your career and your father won't-"

"Amma please!" He said. "Dad is still inside, Whatever you say, I am not going to leave him, I am not going to leave you alone here" He said firmly and walked away, to an empty room nearby.  

His amma wiped her eyes and turned to me.  

"Aditi" She said and I slowly walked to her. "Convince him, Take him out of here" she said.

"He... He won't change his mind" I said slowly. "I have been trying-"

"He will listen to you, I know you are important to him, I really have no strength now, please do this favour for me" She said.  

"I..I will try" I said slowly.

She nodded "Take him away, Stay with him"

I nodded.

His Amma don't even know the danger he really is in, If surya narayan come to know that he's the son of suresh kumar, It will be more dangerous.

So I walked to the room slowly.  

I stilled at the doorway at the sight of him, Still covered in blood, His shirt torn and his body bruised.

He was sitting on the bed, His face covered in his hands.  

I had never seen Karthik like this, I couldn't even imagine him like this.  

If I don't get him out of here, He will be in danger.  

I walked inside.  

"let's go, Karthik" I said.  

He lifted his face and turned to me.  

"you can go back Aditi"

"let's wait at uncle prakash's place, It's Nearby-"

"I told you..NO!" He was not ready for anything else.  

"staying back will not help your dad, You-"

"Stop it"

"Karthik, Can you help him by staying back? NO! you are making things complicated and putting yourself in dange-"

"I told you to STOP!"

"you have to-"

"will you go back if it was your dad?" He shouted and I trembled.  

No..I can't give up.  

"Your life will be affected-"

"I don't care!"

"you don't care?" I said. "Then what about us? You are putting all of us in trouble, If your identity get exposed-"

"you can go back, I told you"

"it will not make any difference if you are staying back here! Narayan will know your identity and it won't be difficult for him to trace us too-"

"ADITI!" He shouted. "JUST LEAVE ME!"

"How can you be so selfish like this, Karthik, All you are worried about is your dad!?" Then do you not consider us? Are we a joke to you-"

I stopped as he jumped up and turn to me.  

"What did you say? What the hell did you-" He kicked the table in anger.  

"I am speaking the truth!" I said, my voice shook slightly, But I refused to back down. "if you really value us, You should come back with me" I stopped.  

"Are you coming?" I asked him after a moment.

He was staring at me, I waited, tensed.  

He closed his eyes for a moment and walked out angrily.  

He is willing to come!

I realised.  

I waited as he talked to his mom, hugged her and without even glancing at me, walked down the corridor.  

"Thank you" his amma nodded at me and I nodded back, Following Him.  

When I reached the parking lot, He had already started the car, I hurried to him and opened the door.  

He neither talked to me nor glanced at me all the way and It was affecting me more than it should.  

The words I told him was swirling inside me.  

I have just called him selfish, I know that he will put his life on line to help us, But I called him selfish and told him he doesn't care about us.  

You were just trying to force him to come back.

I tried to console myself, The truth was, I am very affected by the whole incident, For me, It was the repetition of what happened to my family years before, So I could imagine his shock of seeing his father getting shot in front of him.  

"I am sorry" I said slowly as he stopped in front of uncle's house, But Karthik just ignored me completely.

I waited as he opened the door, Uncle was still at hospital, So nobody was home.  

Karthik walked to the guest room and slammed the door shut after him.  

I slowly followed him and opened the door. He was lying on the bed, His right hand placed on his forehead.  

"Karthik.." I said. "I... I'm sorry, I didn't have any other way to bring you back" I said.  "I know...that...You are.. concerned about us, I know that you value our friendship" My voice trembled and I tried to control it.  

Karthik didn't move or say anything.  

I took a towel from the counter and brought it to him.

"You..are..covered in blood" I said. "wipe yourself with this" I walked to him.  

No response.  

"I know that...You are injured too" I said and sat beside him, I took his hand in mine and he slapped my hands away.  

"don't bother" he said

"Karthik...please" I said. "I am..I'm afraid of..blood" I took his hand again and he glared at me.  

He had already washed the blood off his face and I moved my eyes down, tensed.  

"Nothing...nothing will.. happen to your dad" I said.

Karthik.  

She looked scared and she was trembling as she wiped the blood off me.  

I was still in my own world, Seething with anger, So I couldn't think about her situation.  

I tried to cooperate while she dressed the wound on my hand and held in the tendency to shout at her to leave me alone.  

I didn't move away from the bed as I was sure that I will lose my control if I attempt to move.  

I was waiting for her to finish it and go back when she took a shirt and reached me.  

"change your dress" She said. "you.. are covered in blood"

I didn't move.  

"Please Karthik" She whispered.  "I'm scared...of.. blood-"

She stopped as I shouted.  

"DID I ASK YOU TO STAY HERE WITH ME? GET OUT OF HERE AND LEAVE ME ALONE!"

She flinched and took a step back, Looking scared at my anger.

Both of her eyes were filled and I was more angry at myself then.  

"hell!" I threw my phone at the wall and it shattered to pieces.  

"I hate this!"  muttered, then turned to her.  

"give me some time alone.. I really can't control myself now, Get out of here" I was trying my level best not to raise my voice at her again.  

Her tear filled eyes were the only thing preventing myself from exploding completely.  

I heard the small sob from her and turned around, Not wanting to see her tears.  

My anger and irritation was directed at myself.  

"I...I'm sorry...I.. I just..thought about..my family...The blood... They were bleeding...too" She stopped, Then turned around and left.  

I was frozen in my spot.  

How can I forget it?

She's a victim of surya group, She was stabbed with her family members, She was left to die...

She hates blood, She even changed her career because of what happened to her.

It must have been a repetition of what happened to her family, She is as shaken and as affected as me.

What the heck did I do to her!

Aditi.  

I splashed water to my face continuously, I'm shocked at myself.

Why did I tell that to Karthik? It's too private...too personal..

And my emotions, I cannot get hold of it anymore, My eyes were still filling and flowing down...all the suppressed feelings have resurfaced, Making me weak.  

The sight of Karthik's dad in blood just shook my world.   

I wiped my face in the towel and turned to the side, Only to see Karthik standing in front of me.  

I noticed that he had already changed his shirt and wiped all the blood off him.

"I am sorry" He said slowly.

"you are right... I was selfish...I..I didn't think about you-"

"hey, I didn't mean that... I knew how tensed you were" I said slowly and Karthik wrapped his hands around me, Hugging me tightly to him.  

I could feel the pain and desperation from him and I responded automatically, I put my hands around his shoulder.  

"I'm sorry" He whispered.  

"it's okay" I whispered back. "your dad   will be alright, He won't.. leave you"

His hands tightened around me and I could literally feel how tensed he was.  

"Everyone in our group have already lost someone close to them...God will not be so cruel to do it to you too...He will spare your father, Let's Pray for him-" I was cut off when I felt him tightening his grip again-If it was even possible.  

I could feel his irregular heartbeat and the quickness of his breath, But what made me more shocked was the wetness from his eyes.  

His tears were wetting my neck and flowing down to my shoulder and I started to move back, trying to look into his face, But he was not ready to let go of me.  

"He will be alright Karthik" I touched him gently, Trying to console him.

After what it felt like forever, He let go of me slowly.

Our eyes met and I knew that something is different between us, I started to move back from him and stilled as he took my hand in his.

"Stay with me" He whispered and I nodded.

So five minutes later, Both of us were sitting in the settee, Side by side and covered in the blanket, We were Watching the news about the incident.

I turned to karthik who hadn't talked a single thing after our conversation and realised that his eyes are closed.

I corrected the blanket around him and pressed down the volume.

I collected the peices of his phone and somehow managed to attach it back together.

The screen still had a mark across it, But it was working.

I knew that he will need it to call his mom at the hospital.

I was planning to watch over him, But I too was tired and I dozed off.

It was not until I heard sounds from the house that I opened my eyes.

I was confused at the warmth around me, Then realised that I am tucked safely inside Karthik's hands, Both of us were still on the settee.

"It's very late.." Karthik muttered, Apparently waking up at the sound, Just like me.

We heard movements from the door again and Karthik slowly let go of me, Both of us turned to the doorway.  

"Shahid?"

He looked frozen in the doorway.  

"I'm here to take you" He said. "Since They already know this place, we can't stay here more" He said.

"Then we can try to find another place near the hospital-" I started.

"it's okay" Karthik said. "I am coming to the estate house" He removed the blanket and got up. "I want to look into this matter more, I want to know who that killer was"

"I Am really sorry about your dad, Karthik" Shahid said. "I can imagine how tensed you are, But he will definitely pull through" He added and Karthik nodded his head.  

"yea, I know my dad, He will never give up" He said.  

It looks like Karthik is finally back to his senses.  

Karthik.  

While we were on our way back, Amma called me.  

"Karthik, They removed the bullet and the operation is over" She said. "The Doctor said that your dad is stable now, The First aid that was given at the accident site saved him" she said. "Doctor said that he would have been killed otherwise"

Aditya, I will not forget this,Thank you!

I took a deep breath and turned to shahid.  

"Any news on Trisha?"

Shahid shook his head. "But since Arjun warned you about your dad and helped us to secure the crime scene with his bodyguards, Let's just trust him now" he said.  

"I owe him for this" Karthik said slowly.    "I think it's time we talk to him directly"

-------------------------------------

6000 words!

Whew...It's pretty long!! Hope you enjoyed it.

Do vote, Comment and share.

Follow me too, If you want to read my future works.

Ps: I will update within 2 weeks guys but I can't give you a correct date since I dunno when I can update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 91 14
It's a love story between a college girl and a handsome ceo 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜 Swetha Natrajan❤️ She is a 20 years college girls who is s...
166K 5.3K 23
"I love her. I know my Priya will come back to me. My Piya-" "She is married" Irfan's words felt like a stab in my heart. As he stated the fact, it f...
8.3K 350 38
Am I alive?? How is it possible?? I died , right?? I was betrayed and killed by my husband and best friend?? Why do I look 10 years younger?? This is...
72.9K 7.2K 74
"You mean nothing to me, Ms Vyas. Get this straight into your head, Ms Vyas, nothing related to you matters to me in any way." Sid said cruelly. "I h...