The Game Of Survivors✔️

By shakthi

Highest ranking: #1 [Blurb] "I... I will kill you," She raised the gun at me. "Sanjana-" "I am Trishana," she... More

Prologue
#1 The Surya Group.
#2 The survivors
#3 The hearing
#4 Doctor vs Reporter
#5 The gunshot
#6 The Enemy's Enemy
#7 The missing patients
#8 The file house
#9 The Estate house
#10 Between the devil & The deep sea
#11 The gang
#12 The betrayal
#13 The confession
#14 Project "Surya Narayan"
#15 Kidnapped!
#16 Trisha's Secret
#17 The plan
#18 Truth magazine
#19 Merging of Latest
#20 Safe house
#21 Shweta Surya Narayan
#22 Abraham
#23 The Obsession
#24 The silent witness
#25 Varsha missing
#26 The torture
#27 Arrested
#28 Arjun's True colors
#29 The press conference
#30 Rest in peace
#31 Family
Book II #32 Face-to-Face
#33 Sanjana saxena
#34 Truth & lies
#35 The first date
#36 Jasmine
#37 Izzy
#38 Yes!
#39 The person inside
#40 Knight in shining armour
#41 The promise
#42 The secret vault
#43 Against the rule
#44 A whole new world
#45 The truth
#46 The escape
#47 The rescue
#48 The uninvited guests
Book III #49 waking up
#50 Dreamland
#51 The Past
#53 The mission backfired
#54 The interrogation
#55 Answers
#56 The double life
#57 Mrs.Arjun Rajnath
#58 The spy
#59 Reporter Trishana
#60 I love you
#61 The picnic
#62 The Jailbreak
#63 Operation sweep
#64 The Trap
#65 The surrender
#66 The surprise gift
#67 Surviving the worst
#68 Game over
#69 Back to the rightful places
#70 Together Forever [Epilogue]

#52 The misplaced trust

12.4K 857 161
By shakthi

Trisha.

I waited for him to come back, My mind wandering back to the things I came to know this last few hours.

Arjun brought me a the tablet.

"Here take this" He said while sitting beside me on the bed.

"I will have it later-" I stopped as he brought it up, In level with my lips.

"I..I will-"

"Take it now" He insisted and I opened my mouth, He placed the tablet and took the water and held it for me.

"I can do it-" I stopped when the water touched my lips, I took a sip, Allowing him to hold the glass for me.

"Take care of your health first, Uncle said you were not taking your dinner"

"He made me eat his porridge" I said and moved back, leaning to my pillows again "I will recover quickly" I said.

"If it's not getting better, I will bring a doctor here" He said and I nodded.

"Then lay down, Get res-"

"I need to talk to you, Arjun" I said slowly.

It was difficult to talk directly when he was sitting just in front of me.

My perfectly rehearsed words were all scattered and I said the first thing that came to mind.

"I am sorry.." I said and his eyebrows shot up. "I..I tried to..trick you.." I admitted slowly. "I started the whole thing, You were right, I approached you first, I shouldn't have blamed you like that" I said.

"Don't worry about it" Arjun said. "I am glad that you came to me-"

"No, I haven't finished, Arjun" I interrupted him. "I understand that what I did was a huge mistake on my part, But I don't want to continue, Let's stop this game" I said.

"If you understand what you did, Then take responsibility" He said, His voice firm. "Besides, I never saw it as a game, I was truthful-"

"Arjun" I said. "Let's not complicate things" I said. "We-"

"Sanju, I accepted you with my heart, You are my wife, Nothing is going to change that" he said. "we will have this conversation later, You need to rest-"

"I don't even remember marrying you, Arjun, Then how can it be valid! Besides, I don't have a mangalsutra and we never followed the ceremonial steps!"

"If you are worried about the mangalsutra-"

"That's not the point, Arjun" I cut across him. "I can't do this" I said firmly. "Don't forget the fact that You are the only heir of palace group, It's a huge thing"

"I can explain everything for you-"

"No!" I said. "You Don't have to explain for me, Our relationship is not -"

I stopped as Arjun took my hand and touched the ring.

"If I have a girl in my life, That's you, Sanjana, Nothing you say or do will make it disappear" He said.

"Relationships cannot be forced-"

"If the situation is different, I would have tried to give you some time and space" He said. "But the moment I let you free, I know that you will get yourself in trouble, You will endanger your life again" He said.

"Do you know" He continued. "The only options for me was to lock you up or to protect you silently, I have tried my best to protect you silently, Sanjana, Trust me, I even destroyed your secret room to stop your plan with DIB, But you have a ability to put yourself in danger, So I have no way But do it like this" he said.

I got angry instantly.

"I will never forgive you for destroying it, It was a result of my painstaking efforts, But you just ruined everything"

"Dont worry" he said. "when the time is right, I will make it up to you" he said.

"You...Arjun..I can't accept you" I said. "I know you have had it bad, I was following surya group for a long time, So I know how difficult it is, It would be a 100 times worse for you since you started it while you were still a child" I said. "And I feel sorry that you have to go through something like that, My heart hurt when I think about the double life you have to do all this time, Keeping your hatred and frustration inside, I really feel sad that you have to go through all of it, Arjun" I said.

"But you should know that I have been following surya group for a long time too, I know a lot about surya law firm, I hated lawyer varun with every fibre in me, I thought he was the one who helped Mahesh and Abiram get away with all the crimes" I looked at him in the eye. "But it was actually you, Arjun" I said.

"Let me talk to you-"

"No, I don't think I will ever change my mind about this" I said.

"I will wait until you are relaxed" Arjun said. "Then I will fill you everything"

"But-" I started.

"Shhh..." he put his finger on my lips, silencing me. "Go to sleep now" He ordered.

"But I haven't finished-"

I stopped again as he took my hands and slipped me to bed gently, He lifted the blanket over me and wrapped me in the covers.

"Good night" He said. "This is a guest room, Sanjana"He said. "You can use my room from now on, It's our room now" He added.

I wanted to retort badly, But I just decided to keep silence.

He's crazy..yea..that's it.

Arjun.

She slept within 5 minutes and I switched off the light and walked out of there, I closed the door carefully.

"Arjun, I made a snack for you" Uncle said.

"It's past midnight, Uncle" I said. "You didn't leave?" I asked. His house is nearby and he usually leaves after his chores.

"You rarely come home Arjun, I should take care of you"

"I am old enough to look after myself" I told him. "You don't have to worry-"

"I will worry about you Arjun!" He said. "Your dad and mom entrusted me to take care of you, It's bad enough that you went missing after the accident and you had to act like one of them-"

"Okay uncle, I understand" I said quickly.

"What are you planning to do now, Arjun, It's not like you are alone anymore, You need to keep her safe" He started nagging.

"I will keep her safe" I said firmly. "I will never let anything happen to her" I said.

This was my promise that I made myself when I found her inside the Ice factory.

"Keeping her safe is not the only thing You should do, Don't leave her alone, How can she survive alone?" He asked me.

"A little more time, Uncle" I said as I picked up his special snack made for me. "I will definitely come back here and stay with her" I said.

"A lot of people came to see her today, She was worried all day" he said.

I nodded, remembering her words.

You are the only heir to palace group...

This is something she need to get used to, I can't change my identity ,Nor do I wish to leave her..

With time, She will get used to it..

"Uncle, Don't worry about anything, You can go now" I told him. "it's already very late" I said.

"What about sanjana-"

"I will stay with her today, You may go" I said. "And don't rush back, I will leave only around noon tomorrow" I said.

"Breakfast?" He looked at me doubtfully.

I smiled reassuringly. "The best part about living alone all this time is this" I said. "I learnt to cook" I said.

"Don't make her instant noodles or -"

"Uh..leave it to me uncle" I said. "I will take care of her well" I assured him.

When he left, My thoughts wandered back to what sanju had told me.

My guess was right, Sanju will try her best to keep away from me, She will not accept me easily..

I know I can't blame her for that.

She's very confused and depressed too..

I know a way to raise her spirit again;

Her friends.

I'm still reluctant to share her with them yet, But I cannot be selfish too..

When I finished my dinner, I tiptoed to her room, Careful not to wake her up.

I touched her forehead and was relieved to find that her fever has come down.

I walked to the settee in the corner and slumped down.

I know she won't appreciate it much if she wakes up inside my hands again.

I thought of all that happened in the morning.

I will give you some space until you accept me, Sanjana..

Trisha.

When I opened my eyes the next morning, Arjun was sleeping in the chair facing me.

I slowly looked around the big bowl of water and the cloth.

He had been taking care of me the whole night?

I turned back to look at him, He looked tired and worn out.

It would've been nice if we met under different circumstances, Even though I tried to deny it, I know that I am attracted to him.

No one had ever dared to approach me as easily as Arjun does, No one had ever taken care of me too, I always wanted to be strong and self sufficient.

It's too bad that I don't have time for more drama in my life, When my dad and mom died, I had promised myself that I will never live for myself until I bring surya group down.

Even though Arjun and I am planning for the same thing, Our paths are way too different.

I owe him my life, He rescued me from Thomas mathew yesterday.

I raised up from my bed and removed the blanket.

I stretched and slowly stepped down, Careful not to wake him up.

I took the blanket and covered him before walking out of there.

Few minutes later, I freshened up and Walked out of the room, Arjun was still sleeping and I realised how tired he was.

It's more than a hour and half's drive from the company to Dreamland and he had been going to and fro from yesterday.

I reached the kitchen, But uncle was nowhere to be seen.

Well...looks like I have to cook today.

I pulled my hair up and tied it in a bun, Washed my hands clean and I took the apron and tied it around me.

Arjun.

I tried to move and jerked awake.

Arg...I was supposed to check her temperature and fell asleep instead!

I opened my eyes and leaned to the bed, Only to find it empty.

The room was in complete darkness, the light was off and the curtains not drawn open.

Sanju! Where did she go!?

I jumped up and realised that I am covered in her blanket.

I walked out of there and looked around.

"Sanju..?"

I called, Starting to panic.

"Sanju-"

"Here" I heard her shout. "I'm here in the kitchen" She said and I walked there.

I stilled at the doorway as I watched her preparing the breakfast.

She smiled up at me as she noticed me.

"Um..since you take care of me last night, I think I should repay your kindness" She said. "I am..I'm..not as good as uncle, But I can make us something edible" She smiled.

She doesn't have any anger or resentment in her voice.

The sight of her in the kitchen was also something I had never imagined before.

Sanjana is willingly, Without hatred or pretense, Making breakfast for me?

I walked to her.

"Go and freshen up, I will call you once I-"

She stopped when I touched her forehead.

"You were burning up yesterday" I said and looked down to her eyes. "Leave it to me, I will make breakfast toda-"

"No" She shook her head. "I am alright" she said. "My parents taught me to repay the kindness, I want to make breakfast today" She said.

I understood that she's not going to back down, So I nodded.

She was still in the home dress and her hair in a messy bun, She didn't have makeup, But she looked fresh and vibrant.

"I can get used to this sight" I said. "sanjana-"

"Shh..go and freshen up" She said quickly. "go on, I can't have you here now" She added.

Trisha.

I released a breath when he walked back.

This kitchen thing is more dangerous than I thought.

It felt too intimate when he suddenly appeared in front of me.

I turned back to my pancakes.

Well...I think I can do this now.

I will not get angry or frustrated, I will keep my cool and talk to him.

I will make him see things and convince him that our marriage-if I could call it so-Is not valid.

I am totally different from him and I will somehow make him see that.

So when he came back, Both of us sat in the big, long dining table.

"Mm..not bad" Arjun said while taking a bite. "I didn't know that you could cook" He added.

"I have been living alone for a long time now" I said and instantly wished I didn't say that, Arjun was looking at me as if He's pained at the thought of me living alone.

"I mean, It was no big deal, I was always busy" I added quickly. "Living alone is not so bad as people make it seems" I added.

He nodded.

"I understand " He said. "I have been alone too" he said. "But Now that I think about it, I think it was too..empty?" He looked at me. "It was nice to see you in the morning, I never realised before that having a person I love can change a lot of things" He said.

I smiled sweetly.

Trisha.. Don't get angry..be polite, Be calm..

"It was quite and peaceful for me and I preferred it before, But I would rather have you here with me than living a peaceful life now" He said. "I never know that someone could change my whole outlook on life too"

"Arjun" I smiled. "I understand what I did was wrong" I told him. "I don't wish to continue-"

"You are not going to win this argument, Sanjana" He said easily.

"I will tell you one more thing" He said. "you are guilty of impersonation, Do you know that?" He asked me, His eyes twinkling as he watched me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked dryly.

"According to section 416 in Indian penal code-A person is said to "cheat by personation" If he cheats by pretending to be some other person, Or by knowingly substituting one person for another, or representing that he or any other person is a person other than he or such other person he really is" He stated word-by-word.

I stared at him.

"Do you know that you have just committed a crime, Sanju?" He looked at me matter of factly. "Whoever cheats will be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both"

Uh..I forgot that he's a lawyer.

"Then what about you Arjun? What you are doing in surya group is more dangerous and reckless" I said.

"Narayan adopted me, I am his son in the eyes of law" He explained. "Besides, I never told him that I am his illegitimate son, I never did anything illegal"

"You always do everything legally" I nodded and he smiled at my tone of voice.

"So" I looked at him. "You are going to sue me?" I asked him.

"It depends" He smiled reassuringly. "On how you behave" He said.

He's blackmailing me!

He turned back to the breakfast, I was still staring at him.

For the life of me, I couldn't understand if he was joking or not.

Karan.

I looked around, The debate was going on.

"He really is dangerous"

"But he didn't hurt us before"

"We can't deny the evidences he sent us"

"I don't care if he's dangerous or not, Trisha is with him, I am worried about her"

"You can trust my boss" I spoke up and they all turned to me, Realising that I'm still there with them.

I am handcuffed to the window frame while they all were sitting around the sofa.

I was only allowed outside when Shahid's daughter is not in sight or at night when she's sleeping, All other time, I was locked up inside some sort of storage room.

"Nobody asked you for your opinion"

"Look, It was because of my boss she was able to survive until now" I said. "You don't know how difficult it was for him to deal with her on one side and Abiram and Mahesh on the other side" I said again.

"You are very talkative today" Shahid said.

"It was my boss who helped her out a lot of time, He even rescued her from that officer Thomas" I said. "So trust him and Go and see him" I said.

This is all I could tell you.

The gang looked frozen now.

"So..um..Arjun loves her?" Varsha asked slowly.

"I think he was crazy" I muttered.

"What?"

"Um..I can't answer it for him, But yes, My boss solved a lot of problems for the lady bos-..um... Madam Trisha and I think he like her a lot" I said.

"Arjun is the strategic manager, He is more dangerous than Abiram and mahesh, Arjun destroyed a lot of people"

"Abiram and Mahesh wanted to kill everyone who blocked their way, But It was because of Arjun sir that people were able to live, My boss only worked through law and never took any life" I said proudly. "You can see that the murder cases reduced after he came to position in surya law firm"

"He can't make excuses like that, He's responsible for everything that's going on"

"He never made any excuses, It's my opinion I am talking about, Besides, Arjun sir thinks he's as bad as them, He often said that He left his conscious the moment he decided to work there" I said.

"If it's that difficult for him, Why does he have to work there then?" Dr Aditya scoffed. "He decided to work there"

"He has his reasons and I cannot tell you that" I said. "But let me ask you then, you too know that you are an illegal group, You are against law, You are keeping me here against my will, you know it's a serious crime, Then why do you choose to continue like this?" I asked back.

They looked surprised at the question.

"We have no other way now" Aditi whispered.

"May be my boss has no other way too" I said. "He's very similar to you people than you think, This is all I can tell you now" I said. "So if he wants to talk to you, Meet him, He's not like Mahesh or Abiram, He won't use underhand methods to trap you"

ACP suresh kumar.

After our plan was cancelled, I didn't hear from Reporter Trishana anymore.

I thought my station is free of narayan's men, But it seems that I still have spies inside.

Ever since I heard from Trishana that our plan was a trap, I had had this thought.

Well..It's time for me to check the theory, If there are indeed spies inside, I can use it to my advantage too.

So I called Dr.prakash from city hospital.

"officer suresh kumar" He attended my call. "Is there any new cases for me?"

"No, I just wanted to ask about priyanka, How's She doing?" I asked. "Is the new place safe?"

We had moved her to a new place and I had helped him during the transfer, It was done secretly.

"she's recovering fine" Dr.prakash said. "Thank you for your help" He said. "But I'm afraid that you still can't get a statement about her accident"

"I too don't want to put her in danger" I said. "I just want to know about her condition, If you want more people to guard her, Don't hesitate to ask me" I added.

"I know" He said. "Trisha has already told me to depend on you, But she's safe now, No one knows that she's already been transferred, So it's fine" He said.

So that's one thing less to worry.

After talking about it, I disconnected the call, I pressed the buzzer and my assistant officer came inside.

"Arrange everything for the meeting with Reporter Trishana today" I said.

"But I thought..sir, You told me that the meeting is cancelled?" He asked me.

"It's not cancelled" I said. "The time has been changed, Now prepare everything I ask for, Don't let anyone know about this!" I said and he nodded.

He walked out of my room.

Well...let's see if I can trap the rats now.

Arjun.

I was already on my way to the head quarters when my phone buzzed.

"Hello?" I said.

"Arjun! Where are you, You need to come here, Now" Raghav sir sounded serious and I was alert instantly.

"What's it!?" I asked.

"We have new information, They are going to conduct the secret meeting at Officer suresh's place!" He said. "The time is changed to evening 7 o'clock" He said and I slammed down the break.

"What do you mean!?" I asked.

That's impossible!

"Yea, We need to act fast now, Everything is already planned" He said. "Your father want everyone in the conference room now" He added.

"Ok, I understand" I disconnected the call.

What's happening?

Suresh kumar is aware that this is a trap, Then why is he doing it!?

I took out sanju's phone and dialled karthik even as I accelerated the car.

Karthik.

I stared at Trisha's number and sighed.

I know that I don't have to raise my hope, It will be Arjun.

"hello?" I attended the call. "I tried to call you" I said.

We have finally decided to visit him.

"Karthik!" Arjun's voice was different, Urgent and ordering..

Angry and helpless.

"what-"

"I told you to take care of your dad! He is walking to a trap, Stop him now if you want him to be alive!" He said.

My heart skipped a beat.

"My dad? What about him?"

"Your dad is planning to continue with the meeting!" He said.

"He knew it's a trap! He won't do that" Karthik exclaimed.

"Listen to me Karthik suresh kumar, I will be in an emergency meeting and there is no way I can get out of it, Save your dad"

"what the hell Arjun!" I jumped up now "I swear, If this is a-"

"I am not joking! It's up to you if you trust me or not, But I Am in the surya headquarters and I can't do anything to help your dad" He said. "You are the only person who could save him now" He added and disconnected the call.

I stood in the middle of the room, Frozen.

"what's it karthik?" Shahid asked and everyone gathered around me.

"Arjun said that my dad is in trouble" I said robotically.

No..that's impossible!

Yea, That's Right, I will call him.

I dialled him with shaking hands, The call was not going through.

I dialled his assistant next.

"Hello Karthik?"

"where's dad?" I asked as soon as he answered.

"We are at commissioner's office, I will call you later" He said and I sighed in relief.

"Thank you" I said and disconnected the call. "It was a false alarm" I said.

"what's Arjun doing!?" I said angrily "Now we will have to think twice about meeting him" I added when everyone looked relieved.

"If Arjun sir said that your father is in danger, He must be in danger" Karan spoke up. "You better help him"

"I just talked to him, He is in a meeting" I said.

"You better go and meet your dad, Karthik" Aditi said and I was surprised for a moment.

She never interfered in any of my personal matters, But when I saw her expression, I knew that She's Thinking about her family.

The family she lost all those years ago.

"I already talked to him-"

"you talked to his assistant, Not him" She insisted. "Even if he's alright, You can go and visit him, Or stay with them today" She said.

"Trisha is still not here and how can I go home now?"

"she's right" Aditya spoke up quickly. "All of us are here, Go and meet your parents today" He said.

I looked at him in surprise and understand what he meant.

After her family's death, It must be the first time Aditi is talking something related to her family.

"I too think that Arjun don't have to lie to you about this matter while karan is still here with us" Varsha said.

"what if he's trying to lure him to a trap?" Shahid looked doubtful.

"I am not someone whom they could trap easily" I said arrogantly. "I will leave and come back by tonight then" I said.

"Don't go alone, Karthik, I feel uneasy, Trisha is already away from us, I don't want you to get trapped too" Varsha said.

"I will be alright" I said. "Don't worry, we still need to get Trisha back"

"Aditya and I will be here for that" Shahid said. "Take Aditi or Varsha with you"

Take Aditi with me?

I turned to her.

"what? Why are you looking at me?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Accompany me" I said simply.

"what..No!" She said.

"It is a long drive and We need to get some things too, Help me with that" I told her again.

"What about Varsha?"

"His dad knows me" Varsha said. "How will he explain if he see me with him?" She added.

Aditi considered it for a second.

"Alright" She said and I smiled. "Because I need to stop by a place too" She added.

Aditi.

I ignored him all the way to the town, But he didn't look bothered by my lack of response and I started to rethink my decision to follow him.

Karthik's phone beeped and l jumped.

"It's Trisha!"

"That's Arjun, See what he want" Karthik said and I took his phone from the dashboard.

Karthik.

"Commissioner"

She read. "what does it mean?" She looked at me. "why is it a single word?"

"He's in the emergency meeting, He can't message me" I said.

But commissioner?

What about him?

"Your dad is talking to the commissioner"

I remembered his assistant's voice and suddenly I felt like something is really wrong.

"Karthik?"Aditi turned to me, confused. "what's it?"

"I was going to arrest Shahid and Varsha myself, Karthik, But the commissioner summoned me to the office, He wanted to discuss about a major case"

Oh my God!

That's how SI Thomas Mathew was sent there to arrest Shahid and Varsha who were enlisted in the wanted list then!

Why didn't I think of it Earlier!?

Dread filled me.

"Karthik?"

Aditi asked me now, looking worried.

"My dad already knows that the meeting is a trap, So he must be using it to find out the spies in his department! But he..is trusting the wrong officer" I said slowly. "The commissioner" I whispered.

Aditi look confused and I turned to her.

"When I asked my dad to arrest shahid and varsha from skylines, He was summoned to the commissioner's office then" I said and Aditi looked shocked, understanding what I mean.

"Then narayan's men reached there to arrest them" she said. "oh my God!" She whispered.

My dad is trusting the wrong person,
The commissioner is one of them!

I pressed the accelerator.

I need to save him!

———————————————-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 11.4K 53
"Hey, baby?" I smile cheekily, grabbing Shreyan's attention and the girl beside him. He facepalms and looks at me, "Avyuktha?" "You look handsome, b...
224K 8K 26
__COMPLETED__ Cover credit :- @_starflies_ and @IndianLegion **Warning:- THIS BOOK IS IN HINDI AND ENGLISH AND TILL NOW I HAVEN'T EDITED IT, SO IF YO...
57.7K 2.8K 33
The greenish-blue orbs stared at the group gathering below as she hide behind the curtain watching the crowd. Maharishi, gurus, yogis from all over w...
231K 10.7K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...