Captive [Eustass Kid x Reader]

By AbyssCronica

Eustass 'Captain' Kid. The wildest, cruellest pirate of the Worst Generation. You should have known better th... More

Day 0 [prologue]
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5 - part one
Day 5 - part two
Day 5 - part three
Night 5
Day 6
PLAGIARISM WARNING
Night 6 - part two
Night 6 [bonus]
Day 7 - part one
Day 7 - part two
Day 8
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 13 [bonus]
Day 14
Night 14
Day 15
Day 16
Night 16
Day 17
Day 18 and 19
Day 20
Day 21
Night 21 and Day 22 - part one
Day 22 - part two
Night 22 [bonus]
Day 23 - part one
Day 23 - part two
Day 24 and 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28 [ENDING]
Epilogue
[related series]

Night 6 - part one

19.7K 664 507
By AbyssCronica

How many seconds had passed since you heard the lookout? Minutes? Hours?

You didn't move from your position, hand on the doorknob, gaze fixed in the void.

What was the best course of action?

A sudden thought flashed through your mind.

They will lock me in if I don't get out now.

Honestly, that was the first thing the pirates should have done, having a marine prisoner on the ship.

You gritted your teeth.

Get out, [Y/n], get out now!

Swallowing, you forced yourself to open the door and step into the stormy night.

The rain was pouring, and the wind was bowling against the sails. Angry waves were violently rocking the ship back and forth.

The men were shouting to communicate, most of them running around to fetch the weapons for the battle, others taking care of the ship.

You allowed yourself to glance around for a second, hoping to spot someone from the top ranks. You needed to know where Eustass, Killer, Heat and Wire were, at least.

But you also had no time to lose.

In the roaring darkness, you couldn't distinguish the warship on the horizon.

They had to see you. To know you were alive.

You had to hide and wait for the right chance to go past the pirates' line.

Two men near you turned to your direction.

Time's up, [Y/n].

Taking advantage of a particularly powerful wave, you jerked starboard, trying to vanish in the rain.

And you managed to make more or less three steps.

A strong arm appeared out of nowhere, wrapping around your waist, while a big hand harshly pressed against your mouth.

The grip was sudden and tight, you didn't even have time to realize it.

You were moved with impressive speed, air and rain running through your locks as the deck flashed in front of your eyes. Then you rose.

Never in your life you had climbed the main mast so quickly. Seeing the deck getting far, you instinctively grasped on the arm secured around your torso.

Once inside the crow's nest, your captor dropped you on the floor.

You slid away, immediately to your feet, a fierce expression contracting your features.

Killer closed the hatch behind him.

«Massacre Soldier. Let me go.» you hissed.

He didn't even listen to you, pointing towards the sea with a tilt of his head. The rain was pounding against the glasses.

You followed the direction. It was visible now.

It was a common warship, but still pretty imposing on the stormy sea.

Your mouth suddenly dried at the sight of the Marines sail.

You closed the distance to the window, pressing your forehead on the glass.

Killer stood beside you.

His presence was usually discreet but in that moment you could feel all his threatening combat power. Even if he had a neutral attitude towards you, the appearance of your original party suddenly made you his enemy again.

Without a word, he handed you a telescope.

You snatched it from his grip and focused on the deck of the warship.

At first, all you could see was a bunch of unknown marines running on the deck. You frantically scanned the whole ship.

You throat clenched when you caught a glimpse of bright pink hair.

Killer noticed your gasp.

«A friend of yours?»

You slowly lowered the telescope.

«A good marine.» you answered, eyes fixed to the dark ship.

«Tell me about him.»

You turned to Killer, a resolute expression on your face, and pressed the telescope against his muscular chest. He took it back.

«No.»

A dense silence fell in the nest.

«He's coming at us maximum speed. He wants to engage.»

Your eyebrows had a twitch.

«Tell me about his strengths, and I promise his death will be quick. If Kid catches him, he's going to slaughter him and force you to watch.»

You put all you had in keeping a neutral expression.

Killer gave you a few more seconds, then shrugged.

«Very well then.»

With his super human speed, he grabbed your wrist and, before you could blink, you were handcuffed to a hook on the mast.

«WHA...!»

The blond then extracted a gagball from his pocket.

You desperately tugged at your restrain.

«Killer, please!» you choked «Just let me go! No one has to die tonight!»

«I'm sorry, girl.»

You trashed around, trying to kick him and avoid being silenced, but it was no use. He easily held you in place and shoved the gagball in your mouth.

All your squirming and muffled screams were useless.

The pirate secured the tool behind your head and observed you for a moment before heading to the door.

«It will be over soon.»

«Captain! Do we have to prepare the cannons?»

«No.» Koby crossed his arms, gaze on the pirate ship «[Y/n]'s safety is our top priority. We need to get as close as possible.»

Helmeppo grimaced, leaning beside him as the soldier saluted and left.

«This was an awful idea, Koby.»

«We've already been through this.»

«It's the Kid Pirates we're talking about!» the blond uttered.

The captain gritted his teeth.

«Exactly! How can you sleep at night, knowing that our friend is held captive by those monsters?»

«I really try my best not to think about it.» Helmeppo groaned «It's been a week! I know you don't wanna hear it, but at this point she's probably--»

«Enough!» Koby snapped, hitting the railing with his fist «No one forced you to come. This is a volunteer mission, after all.»

The other pouted, hurt.

«She was also my friend, ya know? I can't allow Eustass Kid to take you down too.»

The pinkette's face softened.

«Don't talk about her like she's already gone. I know she's not.»

«Can you sense her with your haki?»

Koby nodded.

«Now that we're close, I'm sure. She's still on that ship.»

«Alongside Eustass "Captain" Kid, the Massacre Soldier and all those sadist pirates.»

The captain nodded again.

«So she's still alive.» Helmeppo muttered «That makes it even worse.»

Killer sided with Kid in front of the dark waves. The redhead's eyes flicked to him just to earn a quick nod from his second in command.

«They are sending signals.» Wire communicated «Their commander wants to speak with the captain.»

Heat leaned to the railing.

«So they're here for the girl.»

«Should we open fire?»

Kid shot a glance to the crow's nest.

«No.» he said «Let him come.»

As the two ships slid side by side, it was clear the Victoria Punk was smaller.

Still, the marines knew quite well not to underestimate the Kid Pirates.

«Remember Eustass' fruit.» Koby ordered to his men «do not extract any weapon if not absolutely necessary.»

He stepped to the edge of the balustrade, with Helmeppo and some other officers by his side.

Kid did the same on his ship, a few feet away.

«Hello, marines. What brings you here?» he sneered with his devilish grin.

Koby's expression remained firm.

«Eustass "Captain" Kid. We know you're holding captive a fellow marine on your ship. We demand the prisoner to be released immediately.»

Most of the Kid Pirates burst in laughter behind their captain, who just shrugged.

«You must be misinformed, officer. There is no marine on this ship.»

The pinkette's gaze sharpened.

«Liar. I know she's there.»

Killer stepped to Kid's side.

«This one has a strong Observation haki. Maybe even better than mine.» he whispered for only the redhead to hear.

«I see.»

The captain stretched his arms.

«Well, that really makes no difference, does it? Unless you wanna get on board and search the ship.»

The pirates started to sneer and yell vulgar invitations to the marines.

Helmeppo turned to Koby.

«Cannons ready.»

«What's the point of a rescuing mission if we sink the ship with the prisoner inside?» the other protested.

«Koby, your haki is the sharpest here, so you know. They're stronger than us.» Helmeppo hissed «We can fight and die, or we can avenge our friend and free the world from these monsters.»

The captain closed his fists.

«Hey, officer!» Kid taunted from his position «What's the matter?»

All the weapons on the warship started to vibrate and tingle, slowly sliding towards the pirates.

«Shit!» a marine cursed «Seal the doors! Don't let Eustass use our stuff!»

Kid was smiling amiably. Killer's blades snatched out.

«Koby...!» Helmeppo cried «You have to decide now!»

Koby gritted his teeth, then suddenly stepped forward.

«Eustass Kid!» he yelled «Let's solve it like men! Captain against captain!»

Helmeppo's eyes widened.

«What?!»

«Interesting.» Kid's head tilted to the side «Are you willing to go this far for the marine girl?»

«I can feel her struggling right now! I can't leave her behind.»

«You all left her behind already.» Eustass smiled and pointed to his deck «But please, be my guest, young officer.»

Heat let the gangway down.

The blond marine frantically grasped Koby's uniform.

«Don't! Are you insane?! That's Eustass Kid! He will butcher you!»

Koby took a deep breath, eyes fixed in front of him.

«If something goes wrong, get the men away from here.»

«Something?! Everything is going wrong here!»

The other smiled, patting his shoulder.

«See you later, Helmeppo.»

He jumped on the enemy gangway.

The blond watched his back, leaning onto the railing.

«Are you really in love with her?» he whispered in the increasing wind.

You were tied close enough to the wide glasses to follow the whole scene, although you couldn't hear what they were saying.

When Koby jumped to your side, your heart missed a beat.

What are you doing, idiot?!

The sneering pirates made room for him, disposing in a circle. With Kid in the middle.

No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

You shut your eyes, focusing the as hard as you could. He had an amazing Observation haki, maybe he could sense your thoughts if you concentrated enough.

Koby! Please, get away. You're no match for him. Please.

But the marine faced the redhead in front of your horrified eyes.

He was really going to do that. He was going to fight Eustass Kid.

All because of you.

You, who didn't even spend a second imagining someone other than Aokiji would care for you.

As the duel started, you imposed yourself not to freak out anymore.

You had to fix that, no matter what.

Trying to steady your breath through the gagball, you looked at the handcuff.

You didn't need the joint of your thumbs so bad, after all.

The fight didn't last long.

Koby did try his best. He also managed to deliver two blows, but the opponent was just too strong for him.

Form his part, Kid was surprised that spurt was able to put up an actual resistance.

When his soru became a nuisance, he broke his legs, crushing them in the giant metal hand he created. He probably almost severed them, considering the quantity of blades that were inside.

Koby's scream sounded ripped when he hit the ground in a puddle of blood.

«KOBY!» Helmeppo shouted from the warship.

Kid laughed, walking around the broken marine as a predator who cornered his prey.

«So what now, officer? Should I gut you for the nasty accusations you made?»

Most of the pirates yelled in excitement but the captain raised his hand, silencing them.

«Yeah, it would be pleasant. But I want to recognize your courage by allowing you a quick death.»

Koby tried to lift himself on his hands, wheezing, coughing in pain.

«Just know this.»

The pirate kneeled in front of him, grabbing a handful of pink hair to lift his suffering gaze on his.

«To celebrate this victory, I will fuck her so hard tonight nothing of that girl will be left in the morning.»

Koby paled.

His body tried to fight, but Kid just dropped him onto the deck once again.

«I'll make sure to tell her whom to thank for that.»

He extracted the gun from his belt and pointed it to his forehead.

The other men on the warship screamed, Helmeppo leaped on the pirates' deck, but there was no way he could make it in time.

Eustass placed his finger on the trigger.

«Now die, marine.»

«KID, DON'T!»

Shouting at the top of your lungs, you jumped between him and Koby, pressing your forehead on the gun Kid was holding.

At the same time, you pointed a shotgun to his stomach and another towards Killer, who was already dashing on you.

«DON'T MOVE! No one moves, please!»

«[Y/n]!» Koby cried.

Helmeppo stopped as well.

The pirates fell silent.

Your fast breathing and your crazy heartbeat covered the roaring of the wind. The blood was ringing in your ears.

The smile disappeared from Kid's soaked features, leaving a cold blank expression behind.

«Birdie.»

Some of the pirates raised their weapons.

«If someone moves, I'll open a hole in your captain and in your second in command!» you yelled.

Your spasmodic grip was trembling with only four fingers, but the sheer force of desperation allowed you to maintain it firm enough.

Wire lifted a hand, signalling the men to stay still.

You were pushing your haki to its maximum limit, expanding it through the deck.

You had to be sure you were not missing any movement, especially from Killer, who was ready to attack any time now. Plus, they needed to feel it, in order to know you could act faster than the two pirates.

You locked your eyes with Kid's.

The beast was looking right back at you. There was no trace of his devilish smile on his face now.

«Get away, Koby.» you slowly murmured.

«[Y/n]!» he tried to crawl towards you «I knew you were alive! I knew!»

«Fuck, Koby, go!» you gritted your teeth, tightening the painful grip on the weapons «I cannot stall them forever!»

«I won't leave you behind!» he screamed.

«Yes, you will!» you barked back «Helmeppo!»

The call shook the blond, who run forward and grabbed his friend's arms.

«Let's go!»

The rain was angrily pouring on all of you.

«No! Helmeppo, let me go!» the captain yelled while the comrade threw him over his shoulder «We can't leave her! Stop!»

«Enough.»

Helmeppo quickly hit him on his nape, knocking him unconscious. On the warship, the marines had already begun the preparations to leave.

«I'm sorry, [Y/n].» Helmeppo murmured in the rain.

«No. Thank you for coming for me.»

The marine tightened his mouth, proceeding through the gangway.

«Helmeppo!» you called.

He stopped.

Kid never moved or spoke, yet your gazes were still glued together.

A bitter smile ghosted over your lips.

«Tell the Marines I'm dead.»

Helmeppo's heart sank, his throat dried and he was not able to reply. He just turned and jumped on his ship, taking Koby with him.

The silence on the deck lasted until the warship disappeared among the angry waves. The storm granted its safety against the cannons soon enough.

Still at your gunpoint, Killer relaxed his arms.

«What now, marine girl?»

The whole crew was surrounding you.

You took a deep breath and moved a step back.

They immediately prepared to attack when you lifted the weapons, but stopped when you just released your grip, making them thud on the deck.

«Now nothing.» you quietly said «They are unloaded anyway.»

Most of the jaws dropped. The Mohican, Heat and Wire widened their eyes, as Killer placed a hand over his mask.

«My god, woman.» he whispered.

By that moment, the rain had soaked you to your bones.

You moved your resigned eyes on Kid, who slowly lowered his gun.

«Heat, Wire.»

His voice was low and steady.

The two pirates stepped forward.

«Tie her to my bed. Make sure she cannot move, this time.»

You didn't even try to resist as the two big men placed a hand each on your shoulders, applying a painless but firm grip.

They guided you away from the crowd, in the familiar cabin.

The bed was still undone from earlier.

You laid down obediently as Heat secured your wrists on the headboard and Wire did the same with your ankles.

The bluette noticed your thumbs were messed up.

You felt his warm big hands enveloping your two fingers and you bit down your tongue. With a brusque tug, he pulled your joints back in place.

Wire raised his head at your sudden whimper.

Once the surge of pain passed, they stood beside the bed.

Both their faces looked motionless.

«I'm sorry guys.» you murmured «I had no choice.»

They didn't reply. They just turned, leaving the cabin and shutting the door.

You closed your eyes, mind blank, waiting for what was to come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74K 3.6K 14
It was hard, going back being a marine. Several clinical examinations, both physical and psychological. All the lies. When Sakazuki ordered you to es...
12.5K 404 37
You were pursuing your dreams and hopeful to see your brother in the future. While at work, you discovered some hidden things inside the Marines that...
5K 221 9
Only on the day you had decided you'd take your miserable life and everyone in the near proximity with you, does Eustass Captain Kid walk into the sa...
44.3K 2.1K 38
As a woman who joined the marines at age 10, you've seen almost everything from the good and the bad and have met a fair share of pirates. An encount...