Mending Eachother ✔

By mash_kookie

~☆ a story that revolves around an anonymous gangster and an abandoned innocent soul. the broken souls needs... More

Welcome 🎈
1|Shut the fu** up.
2|My first loss.
3|Oh No, Not again!
4|Familiar pair of eyes.
5|Totally despondent
6|Why again?
7|In shock
8|Endorsing silently
9|Laila! listen to me.
10|WTH!
11|Blew off
12|In shock?
13|That I didn't expect.
14|Malignant Bastard.
15|Totally confused.
16|Entering the hell.
17|How come it's possible?
18|Her bad luck.
19|Startled by the scenario.
20|What's going on?
21|What I'm gonna do now?
22| Time for some fun.
23|How could he?
24|Ohh shoot! Feelings, they're coming back.
25|What's more to come now?
26|What's gonna happen next?
A Message
27|I hate you!
28|Crossing the boundaries.
29|Silence before the storm.
Sorry|Not an update.
Wait is over.
30|Was Harris changing?
31|Not without any purpose.
32|That's life.
33|Bad luck
Sorry|Not an update.
34|A bigger thriller
Back.
What's your favourite word?
35|It's coming.
Happy New year.
37|The Past.
Author's Note.
38| The Past (2)
Author's note: Army spotted.
39|Open to truths of life.
Author's note: so it's all out.
40|She is back!
41|And the tables turned.
42|I found my happiness
BONUS: Don't miss

36|Disclosing the secrets.

3K 209 101
By mash_kookie

She smiled.
His heart missed a beat.
But saddened in next second.
Why?
Because he wasn't the reason for her enticing smile this time.

~~~~~~~~~

Happy reading. 🎈

Writer POV:

She yawned and stretched her limbs when a wince followed due to the pain erupted in her some fresh left wounds. She with efforts made her eyelids apart and roamed her eyes sideways but Harris was nowhere in her sight. The shower running sound reached her ears and after few seconds she noticed herself tugged in Harris bed. She blushed but her heart thumped loudly against her chest. She slept with him and the thoughts made her shiver.

She stared at the above ceiling without blinking when she felt some water droplets dripping on her face. She closed her eyes and rubbed the water off before sitting straight. That's when she noticed him half naked with towel secured around his lower abdomen. The water droplets were trailing down his cleaned torso and hair drenched in water spread on his forehead. Her breaths got deepened by such hotness and she barely averted her gaze that were actually enjoying the view. She bit her lower lips and dumped her head down. A smirk spread on his lips and he sat near her on the bed. His after bath fragrance made her insane but she controlled. He leaned to her and his hotness amplified her shivers when his lips touched the wound on her neck. She closed her eyes tightly and took the bed sheet in the fist letting her body respond to his touch.

"Morning", his deep voice striked her eardrums and a small smile captured her lips.

"Shall I take you to the washroom or you can walk?" He kept his lips near her ear teasing her more with his warmth.

"I c.. can go", her voice stuttered and she slapped herself mentally.

"Atleast I can drop you to the door", he was smirking and she could conclude that without even looking at his face. He made his voice deeper and she got more insane.

He slipped his hands under her thighs and with other he support her back until he scooped her in his arms. She was shaking literally by the intense eyes he sat on her face. She buried it in his neck when a laughter erupted from him and her cheeks were crimson by now.

"Here you go", he gently placed her on the floor and handed her a dress.

"Thanks", she mumbled in small voice and walked inside.

******

"No Laila. I'll not let you go", that's the fifth time she whined but he gave cold shoulder to her request.

"They'll only hurt you in return why don't you understand", he tried to console her but with a tough tone.

"I'm used to it", she shot back a reply. His bossy attitude was irritating her.

"Not anymore", he dropped his hoodie on his shoulders.

"Stop ordering me. Don't you remember the contract we signed for this so called wedding", this time her anger reached peak and she hit his nerve with her words.

"Fuck that contract", he almost gritted his teeth and passed a hard look to her.

"Just stop your bossy attitude", this time she pointed index finger to him. She didn't know why she was overreacting like a stubborn brat. May be beacuse she wanted to meet her family. Although they were assholes but still they were her family. She was used to their presence around and now things without them seemed empty. Weird but it's human nature.

"Fine. Go. I don't give damn. But remember don't come back to me with tears in your eyes. You hear me. Loser", he sounded angry but he hold back his anger and mumbled the LOSER part before making his way out of the house slamming the door behind harshly.

She just sighed when few tears were already pooling her orbs. She was convulsed both on herself and him at the moment and she was badly perplexed what to do but she wanted to go on one hand and on other she was scared of what bad might be waiting for her.

*********

She let her shoulder cut hair open and adjusted her dress with one hand. That soft floral maxie that reached her ankles was simple yet elegant. She pushed her feet in white pumps and gave herself one last glance in the mirror before stepping out of the room. The lounge was deserted and Harris wasn't home yet. She felt bad for coming up with that contract thing in front of him so bluntly and she knew he would be the same old monster Harris once again. She heaved a silent sigh and left the house with heavy heart but a little part of it was joyous to see her family.

The big hotel made her mouth agape. A sudden dagger hit her heart. Her parents never treated her like a princess but Sanah was luckiest in this case. She felt jealous but she knew that feeling would be of no use. She shrugged her shoulders and went along the huge flood of people making way inside the ravishing piece of art standing on the earth.

Her head was down when she bumped into someone's back and barely took hold of herself before kissing the ground below.

"I'm sorry", whoever that person was turned around. A smile captured his lips.

"Laila", he beamed like a little kid and pulled the already shocked Laila in his embrace. Her eyes widened more when he hugged her. She wanted to protest but she felt her body going numb.

"Where were you for so long?" Sajid acted weird and Laila's mind froze.

"Uhh", she wanted to speak but her tongue got paralyzed.

"Leave that. Come the party has already started", he took her hand in his but she pulled away it. His face fell.

"I don't want Sanah to kill me this time", she tried to explain letting out a small uncomfortable laugh. Sajid nodded before leading the way and Laila followed him inside.

"Look the guest of honour is here", Sanah's tone was fucking sarcastic when she walked to Laila in her long graceful gown. They piece of fabric on her body was legit expensive.

She extended her hand and Laila shook it back taking hold of her shivering self.

"Happy birthday", even her voice was small and inaudible.

"Thanks alot sister", Sanah acted sweet. That fakeness was irking Laila but she was quiet.

"Mom dad look who's here", Sanah called their parents when Laila's heart thumped more loudly.
It weird but she was scared of meeting her parents.

"Assalam o Alikum", Laila spoke and passed a small smile to them but none smiled back however Laila saw a hint of softness in her father's eyes but that may be a mirage for her she felt.

"Walikum Assalam", only her father replied. Even his voice was soft. A little. Very little. That was enough for Laila's heart to melt but her mother only gave a poker look to that poor girl.

"Come inside", her dad said when they turned around and went inside.

"Let's go", Sajid was still excited. Laila passed a small smile to him before making way inside.

Alot must be spent on her birthday and Laila only died in heart but she brushed off those thoughts, there's no use of that. She wondered why couldn't she witness any birthday decor around. Maybe it's an adult birthday party so yeah. Laila consoled her confused mind. 

She could witness many high society people around but she was given no worth however only Sajid was treating her special and that was making her feel weird yet different.

It was all noisy and busy yet she was feeling alone. Her eyes were searching for a man with whom she had a fight before coming here and she knew she couldn't find him in this crowd.

A sigh escaped her lips when the lights got off suddenly and the music got dull. Some murmers erupted in the crowd and a hand tightly gripped around her hand. She was about to scream but a strong hand covered her face. The touch seemed familiar. She felt she was doomed. Tears brimmed her eyes and some wounds that were fresh got spice. She wanted to let the pain leave her mouth as a wince but it wasn't helping her out. She was dragged back a little with a huge chandelier hanging on the ceiling lost support and fell hard on the ground followed by the lights that flickered open within some seconds. It all seemed like a plan, a failed one though.

Her vision was blurred and she saw people standing like manequinns in their position eying the shattered chandelier laying recklessly on the floor. Sanah came in her view, she saw her rolling her eyes and her fist were tightened even. Laila really couldn't get the point of her gesture.

"Leave her", Laila heard her father screaming to the man holding her in position. Her body was numb but her father's worried eyes that still had some coldness melted her heart.

The grip around her mouth loosened and the hand dropped but the other was around her waist. She took deep breaths panting hard. Her body was heating up and she instantly turned around when a sensation of warmness passed over her body. More tears streamed down her cheeks on coming across his face. She wanted to rush in those arms right at the moment but she felt paralysed. His eyes were soft but he was trying to cover the softness with harshness however badly failing at the attempt. He came to save her again as always.

What really happened, things were going above the head of poor Laila.

"Come here", after few minutes of silence he pulled her into him and tightened the embrace around her. She broke in his arms and let the tears came out. She was heavily perplexed and scared.

"What the fuck?" A loud manly voice echoed in silence when Harris passed back a smirk to that Charles.

"Nice plan, but the failure followed you like always Charles", Harris still had Laila in his arms when he shot back a sarcastic reply. She lifted her head and looked at his face. He titled his face down and wiped off her tears before breaking the hug.

"I'll tell you everything", he mumbled to her like the one talks to a baby. She was still like a statue.

"What is going on?" Laila's father spoke once again and his voice was outrageous but little.

"Dad..", Sanah tried to speak but Harris interrupted.

"It was all for a bloody plan lol", Harris smirked.

Sanah couldn't find words to speak.

"All these was done especially for me and Laila", Harris continued and this time he laughed with a mock in his tone. Laila's brows scrunched in confusion and she again looked at his face. His one arm was still around her neck and other dumped in his pockets.

"Dad don't listen to him. I'll tell you", Sanah invaded the talk and spoke hurriedly.

"Nah nah. Ms. Sanah. Let me exaggerate your beautiful plan", Harris took two steps forward taking along Laila with him.

"You shut up", she showed eyes to him but he only laughed in return. Many eyes were still bewildered, waiting for the right story to come up.

"You shut up", he threw her lines back to her face gesturing her to keep her mouth shut.

"Uncle can you just tell me what's this party is for?" Harris asked Laila's father.

"My Sanah has top in a competition, that's why this party has been organized", uncle replied.

Laila's eyes plopped out of sockets.

"See Laila? And what she told you? Birthday right?" Harris couldn't stop his sarcastic laughter.

Uncle passed a look to Sanah who was gritting her teeth trying to suppress her anger.

"But you know what's the main reason of this party? To get Laila kidnapped", Harris disclosed everything like a pro leaving Sanah and Charles along with his men in utter shock. Laila was already dangling in many emotions.

"You all thought I won't come and so you could take the plan smoothly but sad part is that I'm more smarter than you all. Dang", the smirk was still plastered on his well crafted face.

"Let me tell you the story. Mr. Charles, he wants some diamonds form me and he has mentioned to take them from me on behalf of Laila's life so all these has been planned to get them by getting Laila under his fingers to threaten me but they involved a dumbhead like Sanah in this plan", another laughter erupted from his mouth. Laila was losing it as the story progressed.

"What is he saying Sanah?" Her father's sound was thick yet painful at the same time.

"Simple, that Charles wants diamonds and Sanah wants Laila dead, right Sanah?" Harris smirked and pulled Laila more into him. She tightly clutched his jacket feeling tears pricking her eyes.

"Why?" Her father asked more.

"Because I hate her", Sanah almost screamed.

"From the day she left how many times you didn't talk about her, every day you missed her like she was your life or whatever. You stopped giving me the love you used to give. Why? Only because your one daughter left?" Sanah was crying yet her screams were annoying.

This time Laila was frozen. Her father couldn't speak anything more. He was still.

"Why you missed her when you treated her miserably when she was with us?" She screamed louder in that perfect laconism that was howling instead of having such huge crowd around.

"She's a bad omen and I hate her because she always stole my happiness", Sanah yelled on the top of her lungs. Laila's mind was freezing. Her eyes were dropping tears while her grip around Harris tightened. Harris hold her tightly, he knew that trance for Laila was bad.

"Because she's my daughter", after good 5 mins of silence uncle spoke before turning around and leaving the hall in blinks of eyes, the people with utter shock plastered on their faces were standing quietly. What a drama they witnessed.

Sanah fell to the ground and let the cries came out of her mouth until she lifted her head with rage on her face and rushed to Laila but Harris blocked her way hiding Laila behind his back. Laila wasn't even aware of Sanah's attack. Her father's words were ringing in her head.

He missed me? He cared for me? He accepted me as his daughter? Then why he treated me so bad? Why he always put me after everyone? Why I was never his fav? Why was I always taken for granted? Why it all happened? And what's happening now? The questions were eating up her mind.

"Sanah you have wasted my time, and Harris you didn't do the right thing. I'm gonna come back to make you both beg me for death I'm telling you", Charles stepped forward and spoke before disappearing from the crowd. Murmers erupted again and Sanah's mom got embarrassed when she and Sanah's brothers dragged her out of the hall saying the party was over.

Harris turned and hold Laila's shoulder before Sajid stepped forward.

"What's your relation with her?" He enquired more after witnessing that drama quietly.

"She's my wife dude", Harris passed a toothy grin before scooping Laila in his arms and made way out. She was still frozen that she didn't react to his attemp. He sighed and took her to his bike leaving behind the shocked Sajid whose heart broke into million pieces.

Today many secrets were disclosed. Things didnt go as per plan but whatever happened made everyone surprised.

But it's not the end. The life was waiting for some more adventure. Things were coming up with more evil plans. Would they be able to endure the pain coming their way?

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there. Sorry sorry sorry for such a delay. Don't kill me.

Just accept the apology. I'm really sorry.

Okay so what the hell happened.
Wow. I mean I'm shook man. Oh gosh.

Sanah is indeed a bitch but the fail in plan helped to disclose many things.

I hope poor Laila be fine.
May she comes out of that trance soon.
Will she go back to meet her dad?
What will Charles do now?
Will Harris be able to save Laila again?
Will he be able to protect her one more time?

Many questions.
They'll be answered in upcoming chapters.

Stay tuned.

Keep voting.
Drop your comments.

Love you all.

The writer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 167 9
Four personalities Two souls One love story. Not the usual love, not the easy love, not the fake love but the unusual one, the difficult one, the t...
289K 12.7K 36
TODAY: NO, I can't stay here. I should go out from here at any cost. But how? I am sure they will keenly watching me, and i should think of any othe...
41.2K 3.6K 32
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ Almost all of us have fallen for s...
141K 8.2K 22
What if one has everything one want in life? Looks, money, influence, power, women and almost everything one want in life? Well, yea, then it will ma...