Dare to Fall

By DreamingToBe17

Hailey Jones has been moving from town to town to escape her past and the reality that she thought she can ne... More

Author's Note & Playlist
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
DTF short stories
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
DTF short stories
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII
Chapter XLIII
to my readers
Where It Leads Us
Epilogue

Chapter XLII

7.9K 208 40
By DreamingToBe17

Thank you, Marie, for sending me your cover on Twitter. Follow her on twitter @xxbroken13xx and also, make sure to send your covers to me on my twitter, @dreamingtobe_17

I grabbed a hair tie and started gathering all of my hair up, twisting it and put it into a messy bun. I wore my pizza socks and went downstairs to grab some brewed coffee. After pouring myself some brewed black coffee, I went back upstairs to my bedroom and placed the mug on my working table.

I opened my laptop and started typing my password. Once I successfully opened my laptop, I clicked the Word document and started typing my essay for the college I am applying at which is Columbia State University New York which is located in New York, New York City—of course.

After typing for like hours, I decided to take a 5-minute break. I opened Safari and searched youtube to watch some Youtubers like MyLifeAsEva, Zoella, Casper Lee, PointlessBlog, ThatcherJoe and of course, Liza Koshy.

I took a sip of my brewed black coffee when I heard someone ringing the doorbell downstairs, I looked at my digital alarm clock and it shows that it's already 12:06 PM. I placed my mug on my table and went downstairs to open the door.

I unlocked the door, twisting the knob to open it, "Let's go somewhere," Cayden said as he grabs my arm. I gave him a questioning look and he just blinks his eyes at me. "Adventure?" He says.

"It's 12 in the afternoon," I said.

"And?" He asks and I roll my eyes as I remove his hand from my arm, crossing my both of my arms to my chest.

"I'm busy," I added and it's his turn to roll his eyes at me. "Busy on what exactly?" He asks and I took a deep sigh. This guy is never taking no for an answer. I shake my head and was ready to close the door.

"I'm doing an essay," I said and he gives me a strange look that I can't even explain, but his eyebrows are quirking at me. "Essay on what?" He asks again.

I took another deep sigh, "You know what, how about you come back at around 3 or 4. Will that make you leave my house now?" I said as I raise my right eyebrow at him and he smiles at me.

"Alright, I'll see you later then," He said as he steps down the front porch and starts walking towards his car, "Don't forget to wear something warm!" He shouted and I roll my eyes sarcastically and chuckled as I closed the door.

I went back upstairs to continue typing my essay that is due 2:30 PM Eastern Time. I'm about to finish typing my essay when my phone suddenly lights up and vibrates on my desk, I grabbed my phone to check who it was.

Cayden <12:12 PM, Saturday> I'll pick you up at 3 PM sharp ;)

And I decided to seen-zone his text.

***

We were walking for 20 minutes straight, no break and my legs are killing me. It's so cold today, I should've worn something underneath my turtleneck sweater and I should've worn my converse sneakers instead of my beige ankle heel boots.

I wasn't even informed that we'll be walking for god knows how long. I kept slowing down in my path because of the pain my foot has to endure. The sciatic area of my back foot is hurting, "Are you okay?" 

Cayden asks and I look up, putting on a fake smile and nodded. I stood up properly and continue walking, I suddenly felt another pain on my other foot on the same spot. My legs squat because of the pain.

Cayden jogged towards me, bending down next to me, "How about we take a break?" He says and I released a deep sigh. I removed my boots and take a look at the back of my foot which is a bit swollen and red because of the high heel boots.

I'm also quite dumb because I forgot to wear socks. "What happened to that?" He asks as he bents down on the solid ground cement, "It's because of the boots and I forgot to wear socks," I said as I plaster a sheepish smile.

"Very stupid of you," He said and I can't help but roll my eyes at his response. "Wait here," he said and he starts running in the opposite direction that we are supposed to head at, probably he's going to the store nearby the parking lot.

I put back my feet inside the boots to keep it warm, but I didn't bother zipping them up because of the pain I am feeling. I brought out my phone and started scrolling down on Twitter, seeing memes and makeup videos.

After scrolling down, I saw a message pop out on my notifications. I clicked on it and saw a message from Caleb? It has been 4 to 5 months since I haven't heard from him. Caleb as in Amelia's older brother.

Caleb <3:42 PM, Saturday> Hi, it's been awhile. 

Caleb <3:42 PM, Saturday> I just want to know if you are busy today?

I looked at my left side and still, there was no sign of Cayden. I think he abandoned me and tricked me into waiting here like a lonely trash bag out in the winter. I started typing and sent him the message.

"Hey, I'm back," Cayden said as he starts breathing in and out fast, trying to catch his breath. It's obvious that he ran all the way here. "Here," he said as he gives me a paper bag. I grabbed the paper bag from him and remove the item that was stored inside.

I looked at him, giving him a questioning look and all he does is smile at me. I looked at the Converse Rectangular Box and back at him, "Just open it," he said and I rolled my eyes, opening the box to reveal the item that is inside.

It was a Lemon Chuck Taylor All Star Lo Sneakers. "You did not just buy me my favorite brand of shoes," I said and he starts swinging back and forth like a kid and flashes me a cute smile. 

"I just did," He says slowly and he continues to smile at me. I smiled at him, I looked at the shoes. I can't believe he knows my favorite brand of shoes. But, who doesn't like converse? 

"Thank you," I said and he helps me put it on. He insisted on tying my shoes and I just looked at him from my view and can't help but smile at how kind he is even though he doesn't show that side of him that much.

After wearing the shoes, he placed my ankle heel boots inside the converse box and placed it back in the paper bag. "Let's go," he said as he grabs the paper bag and we start walking again. The color of the shoes matches with my outfit and I'm so glad he bought me this kind of color.

I'm wearing a turtleneck, mustard sweater, black high waisted jeans, a white duster coat and a yellow beanie to top it all off. We stopped walking when we reached an aesthetic coffee shop and I looked at Cayden.

"They sell the best Peppermint Hot Chocolate," he says and I can't wait to try it. We both entered the coffee shop, smelling the freshly brewed coffee makes my mouth salivate. Cayden starts walking and I just followed him.

He sat down on the chair and I sat down opposite to him, seeing a wonderful view of the park. Even though it stopped snowing, the temperature still drops from -4 like in New York when it's winter night.

A waitress starts walking towards us and smiles at me, "Hello. Welcome to Petite's Cafe. I'm Maia, what would you guys like to order?" She asks and I looked at Cayden. "Two Peppermint Hot Chocolate and 2 Blueberry Cheesecake."

Cayden said and Maia, the waitress, starts writing the orders down. "I'll be right back with those," She said and she starts walking off, entering the booth where they make coffee and where they stock pastries.

"My mom and I used to go here along with my sister when it's winter. This is my favorite coffee shop ever since my mom let us try the Peppermint Hot Chocolate they have," He said as he looks at the fountain outside.

I smile at him and looked at the fountain outside as well, "I didn't know you are the type of person who would fall in love to Hot Chocolates," I said and we both chuckle. 

"Why, is it bad? Hot Chocolates are best when its winter," He said and I agreed with his statement. The waitress that took our order earlier, Maia, serves us two large mugs of Peppermint Hot Chocolate and 2 Blueberry Cheesecakes that Cayden ordered.

Maia walks off and I start slicing a piece from the Blueberry Cheesecake but Cayden stops me, "No. Try the Peppermint Hot Chocolate first," He said as he stirs the mug and gives it to me and I start blowing the steam off.

I took a sip and it does taste good, my mouth feels like it just tasted Heaven. "I think I'm in love," I said as I continue taking a sip from the mug and Cayden looks at me, smiling.

After having a snack at Petite's Cafe, we start heading back to the parking lot which takes about 30 minutes to walk but it's worth it. Cayden and I walked side by side, not uttering a word. He looks at me and I look at him as he embarrassedly looks away.

I look at him and he looks at me as I embarrassedly look away as well. I hear him chuckle beside me and I look at him as I give him a questioning look, "I can't wait to graduate. But, I'll surely miss everyone in our school," He said and I nodded my head quietly.

"Have you decided on which college you are going to apply?" I asked and he shakes his head. I looked at him, almost startled. Applying for college isn't easy.

"You need to decide. It's hard getting into colleges that you want," I said, even though I, myself haven't decided at what type of seasonal semester I'm going to start attending college. Its either Fall or Summer.

"Have you decide on which college you are going to apply?" He asks and I nodded my head. We start walking again and I suddenly slipped because of the ice, I was about to fall when Cayden wraps his arm around my back to prevent me from falling and bumping my head on the cold cemented floor.

He stares into my eyes and I stare at his brown eyes, staying still in that kind of position. He is staring at me as if he was staring into my soul, "This is where..." He says and I just looked into his eyes. 

"And when..." He continues and he looks at my eyes, "We should kiss," He said and then he smashed his soft, warm lips into mine. Closing my eyes and wishing this moment will be cherished in our memories.

***

Hello! Chapter 42 is up for you guys to read!

I hope you liked or loved today's chapter. Don't forget to Vote, Comment your thoughts and Share this story to your friends. Also, don't forget to send me your cover edits. Send them to me on my twitter!

As always, Carry on and Happy Reading!~

-The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 125 66
Seventeen-year-old Rylee Evans just moved back to her hometown of Charlottesville, VA, with her dad and sister after being gone for three years. She'...
26.1K 2K 35
"We need to talk".... "I've got nun to say to you Carru. So leave me alone".... "I said, we need to talk!".... "Who do you think you are ordering me...
480K 12.2K 48
"This thing between us." He said, gesturing to the space between our bodies. "It's bound to happen. You know it. I know it." He tipped his head to t...
190K 3.6K 29
When Bree moves to a new school, the last thing she expects is to bump into an old friend. But her friend has changed, into a cold, badass player who...