The Twist Of Fate

By Glass_Reaper

Cason was weak, he was always getting over-shadowed by his sibling. No one would bat an eye when he was bulli... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Another World
Chapter 2: The Useless One
Chapter 3: Dodge
Chapter 4: The Church
Chapter 5: Forest Of Esgua
Chapter 6: Cheater
Chapter 7: Floor 12- Scarf Of Pride
Chapter 8: Floor 21 - Weapon Of A Reaper
Chapter 9: Floor 30 - Rank Up
Chapter 10: Floor 52 - Dragon
Chapter 11: A Plan
Chapter 12: Floor 78 - God Fragment?
Chapter 13: Floor 99 - Unlucky
Chapter 14: Floor 100 - Harulo's Final Floor
Chapter 15: Fresh Air
Chapter 16: Meanwhile
Chapter 17: Adventurer's Guild
Chapter 19: The First Request
Chapter 20: An Encounter With A Party
Chapter 21: The Start Of The Journey Ahead
Chapter 22: Atop A Mountain
Chapter 23: The Dragon King
Chapter 24: Enchanted To Meet You
Chapter 25: A Fluffy Ally
Chapter 25.5: Remembrance
Chapter 26: Explanations
Chapter 27: A New Base
Chapter 28: Restoration

Chapter 18: A Sister Yet A Thief

9.3K 279 169
By Glass_Reaper

2k reads already!
————————————————

"Uhh" I groaned as I rose up slowly from the bed. I looked over to see my wife sound asleep, covered in the wrinkled sheets. I was still very tired, but I got up anyway.

I stretched a bit and picked up my clothes oddly scattered around the room's floor. After casting a cleaning spell on them, I put them on.

I opened the door slowly and walked out. I bumped into the lady from yesterday outside my room.

"I was coming to tell both of you, breakfast is ready. But I have to say, you have great nightly endurance." she winked. I felt my face grow red as I looked into her chestnut brown eyes.

"Don't wake up my wife, I have business to attend to. When she wakes up, tell her I've gone out." I told the lady. She nodded, "Do you want breakfast before you head out?".

"Umm, well, why not?".

.........

I had no idea this world had chicken eggs, well checken eggs. Scrambled on top of on special Orc meat, served with slighty hard bread and a cup of early morning ale. Very filling.

I thanked the lady and the cook, who's apparently her husband, and walked outside. The bright sun hurt my eyes a bit.

I decided to roam around the town and see if I could get rid of some monster materials. At least from the first couple of floors.

Stalls yell out for customers to come see their wares, "Checken sticks here!- Come get your freshly grilled checken sticks here!" or "Jewels, gemstones, and jewelry, come buy them for your lucky partner.". I ignored them all.

I stood there, taking it all in. I had a tiny, but powerful urge to blow everything up and walk away. I kept myself in control, I didn't want to be the next subjugation mission.

"Excuse me sir!" a lady said as she accidently bumped into me. I thought nothing of it until a shopkeeper from a nearby shop yelled out, "Stop that thief!". He had pointed at the lady who had just bumped into me.

She appeared to be slightly older than me and Luna. She had long blond hair reaching to her waist. She had light garb and if you looked closely enough, you could see a sheathed dagger.

She tried to dash off but I felt her fingers in my cloak pocket. "Nothing?" she said, a mistake on her part. "To show thieves like you, not everyone can be stolen from." I smiled.

I grabbed her by the arm before she ran away from me, not that it mattered, I was faster. She struggled to get out of my grasp but failed. "I don't want to become a slave. I have a family to feed. Please let me go." she pleaded, with the puppy eyes.

The shopkeeper had caught up to us. "Hand over the criminal, I will turn her in. A criminal slave with her looks will sell for a lot of gold. Maybe I will play with her before that." the shopkeep smiled creepily.

"I shall decline the offer, she tried stealing from me too." I smiled back. The shopkeeper huffed, "That was a demand, not an offer.". "So what, it doesn't matter to me anyway." I said.

The shopkeeper pulled out a knife, "Hand her over, and you will not get hurt." he said. I simply smiled at him, "Ya wanna fight mate?" I said with my best Australian accent.

He thrusted at me with the knife. I grabbed the blade and broke it. He was left speechless, allowing me to flee with the thief.

I stopped at an empty alley, the thief was breathing hard. "Let. Me. Go!" she struggled, I only laughed. "No." I said.

"I need to go!" she yelled out. "Fine, if you show me a good enough reason for that.". "I guess that is fair..." she quietly said, but it still wasn't a whisper.

"Fine, let me show you, but promise you won't turn them in. They have had a hard life already." she said as she stared into my eyes. "I promise on my soul. On Pulara." I vowed. '

'Oohhohoh, let's see, I want to hold control of your body for a day if you fail.' Pulara's voice rang in my mind. 'I'm not a bad guy, you're making me seem evil. I have a bit of a grasp on what's she's possibly eluding to.' I retorted. 'Quick question, what is "evluting", it seemed to not transfer to this language. Your language is very different than 'Humanic Solifer', not everything translates.'

'I'll take note of that.'

"Show me the way." I said to the thief as I let her go. "Follow me ..." she said as she walked out the alley.

Each town has a dedicated part of it to be slums. The poor live there, leaching off of everyone else. Brothels are only found on this side of town since they really need the money. Crime rate is substantially higher than on the normal side, so the rich stay away.

We stopped in front of a run down church. "Here we are." she said as she opened the rotting door and stepped inside.

"Sister Deliva, is back!" a little child cried out. Rather quickly, 7 children surrounded us. They had a flurry of questions about me.

The oldest one, a boy named Thom of about 9, wielded a wooden sword and pointed it at me with terrible form. "Step away Sister Deliva, or I will kill you!" he yelled at me. "Fine, master swordsman." I stepped back, hands in the air. He sheathed the sword in a decent matter, he had potential.

"Now you see, I took them in because their parents died in the war. If you turn them in now ... I can not just let them become cannon fodder!" Deliva said with passion. This country disgusted me even more, using children as bait and distractions in the war.

The smallest one, a girl named Gira of about 6, tugged on my cloak. "Hello big sir, will you help us?" she said, pulling my heart strings. "Uhh sure." I smiled awkwardly. "Yay!" she exclaimed and ran around the room.

"Will you really?" Deliva eyes shined. "I mean, you're doing a great thing here. Why not, you're the sanest person I've seen so far.". "Thank you!" she hugged me.

"So, what do you all want to eat?" I asked as I turned to look at the children. """Anything good!""" they said in rhythm. It was time to use the cooking skills from the dungeon, but what to cook...

I pulled out a large pan and a pot from my inventory that I made. I got some firewood from my inventory, set it ablaze with [Lighter Spark] inside the church. I cast [Oxygen Scrubber] and [Wind Current] to the fire. I finally cast [Forever Fuel] on the fire to not worry about wood. With [No-Chant], creating spells is extremely easy, allowing me to make even the simplest of actions automated. I made up some random chants to not attract suspicion.

"So you are a mage?" Deliva asked me. "No, I'm a [Magic Swordsman]." I responded, busy in my work. "I have never heard a [Magic Swordsman] do this much. And where is your sword?" she asked me. At that moment I realized, I fucked up. I left Aaron in the chest in the inn room. I shrugged it off and continued cooking.

I decided on simmered Minotaur Steak in freshly crushed Ice Berry, Glass Mint, grinded Isnaru Petals (A rare flower), detoxified and sliced Shoomster, Mana Grass, a dash of table salt, all in Angel Blood. Leaving it to simmer, I worked on the second dish.

On the side I prepared some grilled Karros (Carrots), Korm (Corn), Green Peas, and sliced Petota (Potato). I sprinkled some Mana Grass and small traces of Dragon Blood.

The children were patently waiting for me to finish. I grabbed some wooden plates made by a woodworking spell I had just made and set up. I placed portions on the plates depending on the person.

Before any of them took a bite of the alluring food, they bowed their heads. 'They are thankful you have fed them, and their praying for your and Deliva's safety, and more food to me.' Pulara stated.

After a good 30 seconds, they all dove into their food. All table manners were forgotten as they only wolfed down their food. Thom was the fastest and held out his plate to me. "Seconds!" he said as he saw I had more left. Everyone handed me their plates for seconds, I didn't get any for me but that was okay.

Everyone ate until they were full, they were very hungry. They were malnourished but I could fix that.

I sat down next to Deliva as she stared at a statue of Pulara.

"Why were they malnourished?" I asked Deliva, but she looked at me with a puzzled look. "Mabnarushed? What's that?" she asked. "I mean why were they very hungry?" I corrected myself.

"Ohh that ... I have to depend on stealing to feed them. I rarely bring enough to give them all, so the ones that have not eaten have priorities..." she mumbled. "No need to steal anymore. Here, as a donation to help you." I handed her 5 gold coins. "You're doing a great thing here, out of your own heart." I said.

"... Thank you ..." she looked a bit red. "Were you sent by the goddess?" she asked me. 'It's not a lie if you say yes.' Pulara pointed out. "I can't tell you if I am..." I said. "That is understandable." she said.

"Uhh anyway I have to get going guys, I have things to attend to." I got up and told everyone. "So soon?" Deliva said.

"I'll be back tomorrow!" I said as I walked out the door and ran back to the inn.

I reached the inn in a few seconds, careful not to break the sound barrier. There at the doorway, Luna stood.

"Where were you, and to not tell me." Luna sounded slightly enraged. "Uhh you see, I had some business to attend to" I nervously laughed. "At least you're here." she said as she gave me a sudden hug.

"You smell like another woman ....." she sounded very angry.

"I can explain!"

*SMACK*

That night I slept on the floor.

————————————————

How long have I been here? 1 day, two, three? It's cold and dark .... Please help me, anyone. Please .... I beg of you.....

No don't go .... Don't leave me here!-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96 19 17
When most Gods suddenly disappeared and gone missing, with no intimidating threats to thwart all evil, many rose to take advantage of the one-off sit...
3.4K 364 47
A Steampunk/ Gaslamp Fantasy Romance set in the industrial revolution era of a fictional world. Magic, mad science, multicultural ambiance, and polit...
47.3K 2.6K 55
Getting Isekai'd to another world is indeed awesome, especially embarking on an adventure as a hero to defeat the Demon King, who turns out to be a w...
818 51 57
Wordcount: 88.33K A bully in school, a parasite as a grown-up. The shadow of a man. A shunned member of society. Such are the descriptions given if o...