The Armored Warrior

By ArkenSenpai

Your father has gone missing for almost a year now. You were cleaning out your attic until you found somethin... More

Chapter 1- Remnant
Chapter 2- The Armor
Chapter 3- Beacon
Chapter 4- The previous visitor
Chapter 5- Friends
Chapter 6- Initiation
Chapter 7- Myths and Legends
Chapter 8- Official
Update
Happy New Year
Chapter 9- Lead
Chapter 10- Missions
Grimm Eclipse Request
Chapter 11- Maze
Chapter 12- Nightmares, Or visions?
Chapter 13- Belonging
Chapter 14- Messages
Message to the readers
Chapter 15- Neo
Chapter 16- Bounty
Chapter 17- Perspective
Chapter 18- Former Glory
Chapter 20 Prologue- A cup of Tea
Chapter 20- Regiment
Chapter 21- Cella
Chapter 22- Reunion
Chapter 23- Mirror Mirror

Chapter 19- Lies from a dead man

1.5K 20 4
By ArkenSenpai

"Alright, Captain Regulas ensure that your squad lures it here. We don't want the Whitefang to interfere with it nor do we want Grimm. Understood?" (F/N) said, while inspecting the entire squad. He walked back and forth. I stood straight and replied with a yes sir, before (F/N) or should I say; before the commander left, I faced my squad. I barked an order and they all turned to the left and marched out of the main hall. We usually use the main hall for instructions and orders for each individual squad, or we host our parades for the commander to inspect each squad. The main hall is quite large; large enough to fit in a few armoured vehicles and a few airships as well.

Once out of ear reach, I led them to the armoury to get them back in their suits, stocked with ammo and any other essentials they will need. Thankfully Dan had disabled the security cameras so that the commander couldn't see us walking out fully covered with armour. Once outside, I radioed Dan and told him he could start the cameras back up, and off we went. I led the march, had them form a V shape. Dia had estimated about a day's walk South and we should be able to meet up with the Mist Walker.

Time passed by like a blur; nothing happened during the march. Once we were where we wanted to be, we set up camp and waited for the Mist Walker to be right on top of us.

"So, once we get him back to the base, what's the commanders' plan? Use his semblance to convert it over to our side and just have (Y/N) be all 'SURPRISE! ITS ACTUALLY ME!' sort of situation, or should we bring down the mist and tell him everything now?" Alex asked, taking a set on a log.

"That's generally what I was aiming for actually, this entire march I was thinking of what to do. We'll bring down the Mist once he reaches us and explain the entire plan, if he doesn't side with us then we're SOL, if he does, he put the Mist back until we arrive at HQ or we keep it down and stage the attack once we get there and take down the commander." I replied before asking if they had any questions, they shook their heads and we waited. Time seemed to drag on, until finally the Mist walker was in view. I ordered Dia to halt it and prepare to release (Y/N) from the mindlock. Once she was ready, we all were getting ready. I had he team set up around (Y/N) in a defensive position, hidden in the trees while I stood in-front of him with my helmet off.
"Now" I ordered and the Mist started I disperse.

I awoken, tired and my mind foggy, I felt weak like I was about to collapse. I stumbled to the side a bit and looked forward to see a familiar face, but also unfamiliar at the same time. As if I had seen him before but couldn't place where.
"Who-who are you?" I asked. Has I started to regain my senses, my mind went into emergency mode, I'm in an unfamiliar position with an unknown armoured man before me.

"(Y/N) my name is Captain Regulas, Ryan Regulas; now don't be alarmed, I am a friend." The man says, he seems so familiar but I cant remember. It took me a moment to notice I am in my armour, I enabled Snow and told her to scan the area to ensure I am still on remnant and if there's any possible enemies nearby.
"How do you know my name?" I ask, standing up straight and collecting my bearings, I notice I don't have any of my weapons on me.
"I know a lot about you; as odd as it sounds. I also know your father, and I know you know what group I am from"
"Lights Oath" I reply "And my father? Where is he? Is he alright?" I ask. Snow opens up a mini map and marks 5 other armoured individuals all around me in various positions. This maybe bad.

"There's a lot of explaining I need to do, if you can follow me back to my camp." He says, stepping to the side.

"And what about your friends?" I reply, looking around.

"They will not harm you, tell me, why did you know?"

"I have my ways..."

"An AI? I see..." Ryan says, he waves his hand the the other individuals appear out of the trees, he orders them to holster their weapons. Snow advises that she connects Ozpin and reports back in. I decided to wait before reporting back in.  My drive to find my father pushes me forward, and I follow Ryan towards his camp.

It feels as if all my questions have been answered, as I find out that I had been put into a mindlock and a projected reality. All of these individuals were my team members in the reality and that's why I recognized them, but something else tells my I knew them way before. They also tell my about their plan and that my father is not who he use to be. That something may of corrupted him or made him switch sides.

"This is not Lights Oath, he has changed us and turned us into the bad guys, Lights Oath was originally created as a secret group to ward of the Abyss Realm." Ryan explains. "Lights Oath has been around for centuries, we were created when the first Walker arrived, he also brought the Abyss. The Abyss is just what it sounds like, an endless dark realm where creatures of myth and legends live, but also the darkness. When the Walker uses his powers, the rift to the Abyss grows. The first Walker never intended for that to happen, so he kept it a secret and form Lights Oath, only those strong enough and brave enough to fight back this evil can join."

"So that explains those creatures I see." I reply back.

"Yes, and you have been marked by the Abyss, when a Walker arrives, he is able to be marked to cast the marking onto someone else. This mark establishes one with the Abyss and is able to use its powers to either summon it or repel it and keep the Abyss from growing stronger whenever the Walker uses their power."

"Wait, so if I'm not the Walker, then is my father?"

"We don't actually know, we lost contact with the fifth one when she delved into the Abyss in search of someone, she never came back. 10 years passed and we know that there has been 2 other walkers, and they all have not contacted us. So we lost hope and decided to create a new way of repelling the Abyss. Then your father showed up and took command, claiming to be the heir to LO and promised new technology and a way to restore former glory. He did for a year, but then something happened and he's turned into a tyrant, someone who ruled with an iron fist who goes against all that we stand for."

"That doesn't sound like him at all, are you sure it's my father?"

Ryan simply nods. This is all so much information to take in, I place my face in my hands, and think. Lights Oath, Walkers, my father and the Abyss are all connected? And all I wanted to do was find my father, but now I've been dragged into this mess? It all sounds like a cliche anime plot, I chuckle a little.

"So, if what you are saying is true, then how do we stop it?" I reply

"The plan is a full frontal assault, your father is a strong man. But no man is invincible and able to defend against army. So the plan is to return with you and bind him."

"What's the catch?"

"No catch, when we are near the base, Dan will start the coup and we will enter and take over with someone new in charge."

"So no catch? Usually there's a catch"

"Let's be realistic here, no catch"

"This just seems so wrong though....so wrong" I shake my head a bit more. But I agree to go along with it, if this is truly my father then I have some major questions. But if it is, do I have the right to fight against him? I'll just follow along for now...

We arrived at the base, two huge metal doors carved into a mountain, almost hidden. The opened slowly and you could hear them screech and creak. They opened up to a huge court yard with armoured vehicles and airships all around, mechanics and others all around as well; as if it was a secret army headquarters; well it was. I followed Dan and his team to the head quarters where my father was supposedly chained down and his semblance disables by Dan, they are going to interrogate him.

This all seems to be happening so quickly, but I feels so wrong. Once we arrived, I saw my father, chains around his neck, around his hands keeping him the ground and a collar that disabled his semblance. He looked at me, and smiled.

"Hello.....son" He said. "It's been awhile, don't you agree? My you've grown, and now you stand before me, as a not my son but a traitor. You know I knew this would happen, but going to that filthy world was a bad idea. But your mother insisted..."
"What do you mean?" I yelled.

"You mean that bitch of a wife didn't say? I'm not surprised, that world made us soft, corrupted our minds, no real challenge, no real fight for survival. Crossing realms was a toll on us. It corrupted not our minds but also our souls. It wasn't till the Abyss arrived with the gammas that I remembered. Oh yes, i remembered it quite clearly. You were born here, a son of the Abyss. But your wife didn't want the Queen to corrupt you, so she used here semblance on me to have me open up a portal to that so called Earth, to live a happy life and keep you away. But with every portal follows the Abyss. It drove me mad when it arrived and I knew I had to escape her semblance and regain my true self here. So I came back, and took control of Lights Oath to allow the Abyss to grow stronger. YOU ARE A PART OF IT!" He yelled, lunging forward but the chains holding him back. "With your presence here, the Abyss grows stronger, Lights Oath has grown weaker and nothing can stop I -" A gun fired; from my hand. His lifeless corpse fell to the ground, black blood oozing from his head. I killed what I believed to be my father, but I knew it wasn't. All lies falling from a already dead mans mouth.

"WHY'D YOU DO THAT FOR?" Ryan yelled.
"All lies, no point in listening to it. Snow had ran a scan through your computer system and with some time she revived an old AI we found. My father was dead long ago, and all that this was was a corrupted corpse of the Abyss that apparently according to it, my mother had suppressed within him when I was born. No need in keeping it alive anymore." I explained to them that during my initiation to Beacon, I stumbled upon an armoured corpse with a fading AI, Snow had kept it and revived it here, but it didn't live long.

"This....has been one eventful day." A man named Ashton said. The others of his team nodded.

-Authors notes-
Well this story has taken a hhhuggeee turn from how I wanted it to go. But hey yenno it's seems alright. This chapter was more so a plot hole fixer ish kinda one, but I also wanted to get a chapter out since it's been forever.
But yeah, thank you all for still reading and hopefully I can get this back on track. As well I may do some chapters to fill in plot holes that I notice
Also don't mind the cliches.....ccclliiccchhheeessss

Thank you all for the support!!

-ArkenSenpai

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 103 9
Escaping from Gallifrey, the renegade Time Lord known only as Y/N regenerates in his crashing TARDIS, plummeting down to Remnant. What lies in store...
821K 12.3K 52
Y/N is paralyzed due to a mission. What happens when the girls of Beacon Academy show him love when there is none shown to him? Will they be able to...
25K 551 13
Rewritten as I got a better idea. A child left at a doorstep of a reliable person. Left by his mother thinking that she didn't want him but later the...
46.9K 708 65
You are Y/N L/N, a Huntsman who has a 2 semblances. One of them is Immortality, which he unlocked at the age of 18. Since that day, he has never aged...