New York Isn't Big Enough For...

By sadieddie11

COMPLETED WE DEFEND Tony Stark is our for a walk when he runs into a mysterious girl doing mysterious things... More

Author's Note
Chapter One~I'm Not Tired!
Chapter Two~I Like Cheeseburgers Too
Chapter Four~Where'd you go?
Chapter Five~You guys are weird.
Chapter Six~Who Are You?
Chapter Seven~What have you done?
Chapter Eight~Divide and Conquer
Chapter Nine~Rock Solid
Chapter Ten~Will We Ever Get a Break?
Chapter Eleven~Overcrowded War Council
Chapter Twelve~Guard Duty
Chapter Thirteen~The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter Fourteen~A Friendly Game
Chapter Fifteen~War is Coming
Chapter Sixteen~Love and War Go Hand in Hand
Chapter Seventeen~Disaster Strikes. Again. And Again.
Chapter Eigteen~War Sucks, I'm Tired.
Chapter Nineteen~Beware His Silver Tongue
Chapter Twenty~Code Green
SEQUEL!!!!!!
OMG!!!!
First Chapter
I Got Tagged!
Chapter One

Chapter Three~We just cleaned this place!

13K 324 706
By sadieddie11

Annabeth's POV

Somethings wrong. I know it is. I can feel it in my bones. Somethings wrong with Percy. My fear is rolling off me in waves and I know the others felt it too.

"He'll be okay, Annabeth." Leo called from three cells down.

I was shaking and I couldn't stop. Something felt horribly wrong. My attention snapped to the Black Widow, who hadn't spoken a word since she's been down here, so about half an hour.

She brought her hand up to an invisible communication device in her ear. "Come again?" She asked.

A shrill voice sounded from the other end. I could just make out the words. "He's still unconscious but now he's thrashing. And all the pipes in the damm building chose this time to explode so...."

"Do you need help up there?" Natasha asked. "Fine."she answered and sat back down.

As if I wasn't scared enough already, water started to drip from the ceiling. A pipe in the corner exploded, dousing the two agents in water. That's it.

"Please!" I screamed, "I need to get up there. I need to help him!"

"No kiddo, you're staying right here." Said the Hawkeye(I don't know why, but Leo found the name hilarious).

I shook the bars as I screamed for them to listen to me. If they didn't let me up soon, Percy could unintentionally destroy the whole building and possibly kill some people in his unconscious state.

I know what he was seeing. I was the only one who truly understands. I was there. He can't wake himself up from the horrible flashbacks, so that's where I come in. I need to get up there and soon my friends joined in my pleas; they understood the seriousness of the situation.

Percy could go insane if he's in them for too long. It's like the torture all over again. I know because I was as well, though not as bad. I was hardly tortured in Tartarus. Physically that is. I had to watch the love of my life endure unthinkable pain day in and day out and I couldn't do anything to help.

Maybe we were out now, but that doesn't mean the pain stopped. I need to get up there. We haven't told the Seven what really happened down there. We haven't told anybody. I couldn't bear to place that burden on any one else's shoulders. It was ours and ours alone.

And we shoulder it together. I need to help relieve Percy of his burden for a little while, the one that he never shows, never complains about. If you weren't paying attention, you wouldn't see the stress and the worry and the fear. But I do.

This burden we share, in some ways, is as heavy as the sky. But that's not where the similarities end. It's an impossible, agonizing burden, and it doesn't take long to look beat up and broken.

That's one of the many reasons I admire Percy. He always puts his friends ahead of himself. If he's suffering and his friends need help, he'll suffer a little longer. It's incredibly selfless and courageous, but he's also humble.

My mother once told me that 'The one's that don't want the throne are the best fit to lead' and that is exactly Percy. He never gets a big head and I know he'll never turn into someone like Hercules.

But you're the most vulnerable when you're sleeping. Percy can't hide his pain and his fear that torture him relentlessly. All of his self-control goes away when he's unconscious. I've got to get up there.

I have horrible night terrors, but his are worse. He screams and he yells and he tosses and he turns. He thrashes and explodes all the plumbing without meaning to.

One time at came, the campers were awoken in the middle of the night by a tsunami. No one had died or been injured, thank the gods, but the campers were shaken.

But when they got back to the cabin area, they could here Percy's screams. They wanted to be angry, but they couldn't. They couldn't stay mad at their hero. Nothing to that scale has happened since, but I wouldn't count it out.

All these thoughts swarmed through my mind as I kicked and screamed. I knew I was acting like a child, but I didn't care. I need to get up there.

"Please," I whispered, "I'm the only one who can calm him down. He could go insane, or-or die."

Clint looked over in sympathy, "Look kid, we're under strict orders right now. You're not allowed to leave this cell for the time being. Besides, Wanda is going to try enter his mind and try calm him down."

"No!" I shrieked, "don't do that! She couldn't handle the horrors."

Jason spoke up from the cell to my left. "She's right. She's the only one who can wake him up. I suggest you let her, now, or you're going to have a lot of people really mad at you." He spoke in a calm voice with an undertone, but the message was clear enough.

Clint sighed and walked over to my cell. He unlocked it and grabbed my arm and led me upstairs, away from the others, but closer to Percy.

Natasha kept her post and I could feel the tensions decrease slightly now that my friends knew I could help.

I realized they were also hoping I would return with a brilliant plan to save everyone. Like always. I'll work in that later, I thought. First, Percy. Free him from his own mind.

$&@$&@$&@$&@

Bruce's POV

Tony is seriously getting on my nerves. Something is definitely wrong with him, but we'll worry about that later. We've got a dying teenager to worry about right now.

As soon as Tony gave me the word I sprinted to the elevator and frantically pushed the button for the right floor.

It took about two minutes, and that's two minutes too long. I dashed to the hospital wing and when I got there, Wanda and Steve were trying to keep him awake(he must've woken up when I was in the brig), but he was slipping into unconsciousness.

I quickly went into action removing the bullet and putting in stitches. I worked for another twenty minutes and figured he'd be good to go in another couple hours.

Tony came up and sat in the corner watching. He never said a word. That's when things started to go wrong.

The teen made a face in his sleep and whimpered. He let out a gasp and his face twisted into an expression of pain and terror. He started thrashing around (which wasn't good for the stitches) and soon enough he was screaming horrible, blood curdling screams.

Just then, the entire water system in the Avengers tower chose this exact time to completely explode. Steve and Wanda ran around trying to help, but kept getting doused repeatedly.

Tony put his hand to his ear and started yelling at Natasha. I didn't here what he said. I was too busy trying to wake him up. It must be some kind of night terror.

"Wanda! Come here. Try to get inside his head and wake him up." I yelled.

"No! Don't do that. Natasha says that one of the prisoners said it's too dangerous. I don't want you to get hurt."

"He is just a teenage boy. How could I get hurt?" She answered curiously.

"We don't know that. We don't know what he's been through." Steve cut in.

I was struggling to hold down the raven haired teen. Man, he is strong. "Guys help me, he could hurt himself thrashing like this."

The TV blared reports on rising water levels in the river and crazy waves. "What is it with this guy and water!" Tony yelled

Steve and Tony came to the rescue, but he didn't let up at all. Finally Clint appeared, dragging the blonde behind him.

"Percy!" She screamed as she ran forward, breaking free of Clint's grasp. As she ran forward, we all took a step back.

She sat on the table we had been using and wrapped him in a tight hug from behind. Or was it a tight hold. She rocked him back and forth and whispered in his ear, occasionally pecking him lightly on the cheek.

I only caught a few words. "Shh...it's okay...we're okay...we're out now...no one's gonna hurt you...I'm right here."

This went in for awhile longer until his eyes finally snapped open. He gasped and collapsed into the girl, crying.

She hugged him again and kissed his forehead until he calmed down.

"Who the hell are you guys?" Tony yelled.

The boy seemed to realize there were other people in the room for the first time and he visibly tensed. He tried to scoot backwards, but seemed to remember the girl was behind him.

I could almost see the mask he put on. He wiped his face clean of emotion and I almost couldn't tell there had been anything wrong in the first place.

He sat up and said in a steely calm voice that sent hills up my spine, "Where are my friends."

The girl glared at us with sharp grey eyes while answering the boy, "They're all currently getting comfortable in some cells in the basement."

Another pipe burst. "Take them back down. It's getting late. Well interrogate then in the morning." Tony said. The boy smirked at that. "Alrighty then," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm as he held his hands out. "Take us away."

Tony started grumbling and handcuffed the boy, but Clint just grabbed the girl's arm and they headed back down.

$&@$&@$&@$&@

Tony's POV

These kids are weird. We might've been a tiny but over our heads. We were just about to get in the elevator when the boy stopped. I nudged him to get him moving again, but he didn't budge.

The girl whispered something to him and he took a deep breath and stepped in. Him and the girl slowly gravitated towards each other and the tensions were high in the little elevator.

One look in the guy's eyes and I knew he was terrified. He did well to hide it though. He kept a straight face the entire time, occasionally smiling at the girl, whom I assume is his girlfriend.

All was mostly fine until the door opened again. His breath hitched but he kept walking.

The Latino boy had been ranting in Spanish, and the African American girl the Cherokee girl were conversing in French. The blond boy was adding phrases in Latin that the Asian boy would answer in the same tongue. Weird bunch.

All talking died down as we led the prisoners to their cells. Five pairs of eyes followed us as we stopped in front of the girl's cell. The boy's cell was four down to the right.

Clint gave her a gentle shove and we were just about to shut the door when she asked a ridiculous question. "Can we share?"

I scoffed. "No of course not." I turned to keep moving but the black haired teen wouldn't budge. "Pwetty pwease?" He begged with a pout. My god those eyes. They're like a baby seal begging. How could I resist?

"No." I answered again.

"Do you want another incident?" The girl asked with a quiet fury. I shook my head, defeated.

"Well then I suggest you let us share."

"Okay, but no funny business."

"Oh my gods." She fake barfed. "Wh-why? Why would we do that? We're in a cell for crying out loud! And we have two master assassins watching us. You guys are disgusting. We're seventeen!"

I chucked and pushed the boy inside. He stumbled and fell, but seeing as his hands were cuffed in front of him, he couldn't quite catch himself. The girl caught him and stood him back up.

I figured I should get some rest. "Interrogations tomorrow. Be ready."

I headed upstairs and crashed in my bed only to be met with nightmares.

The Chitauri were attacking again. Just like they do every night. They were demolishing New York and we were trying our best to stop them, but they just keep coming.

We need to close that portal. I'm warned by Fury that there is a bomb coming in. I grab it and fly into the portal.

The scene changes.

It's the same dream I had two nights ago. There was a man with crimson red eyes that made me want to pee my pants. I couldn't see the rest of his face, but when he spoke, it sent chills up my spine.

"You will come into contact with a force that can rival your own. They must be stopped. They are a danger to the world. Beware the leader, for he is stronger than even you. Stop them."

I got an image of the Cherokee girl in the park and I suddenly remembered why she had stood out to me. This strange man had given me orders to bring them in. And I had done so. What have I done?

The scene changed yet again.

This time there was a young boy with beautiful sea green eyes and raven black hair. He looked to be about six years old and he was running from a man chasing him with a beer bottle.

A couple years older and he's hugging his mom in his trashed room. They're talking and the same man opens the door demanding something.

The woman just smiles and says something and he leaves. She turns back to her son and I can't breathe. I know her. That's Sally Jackson. My sister. She took my mom's name while I took my dad's. I haven't seen her since our parent's funeral. I was eighteen, she was six.

And that boy looks around twelve in the dream. The scene shifts and now he looks fourteen. He's wondering in some kind of tunnel with the blonde girl from the cell downstairs.

I realize with start that the boy we are holding hostage downstairs is my sister's son.

I jolt awake and sit up in bed. I just shot my nephew.

$&@$&@$&@$&@

Wow that was also a very long chapter. Over 2,400 words. I hope you liked it. I really enjoy writing this story. I know there are so many Percy Jackson/Avengers crossovers so I'm trying to make mine as unique as possible. Make sure to tell me in the comments if you have any suggestions as to what I should add, or if I missed anything. Also BTW the picture on the cover is a real picture of New York that I took. Remember to vote and comment and have a great day! Love ya demigods:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 529 22
I am not Rick Riordan or Marvel, so I don't own any of the characters in this story (Unfortunately) After defeating Gaia, Nico and Will decide to go...
69.7K 1.1K 25
(I know a lot of Percy Jackson and Avengers crossovers have been made, but what if the roles are switched. Instead of Annabeth dying, it's Percy) Ann...
26.3K 593 15
COMPLETED WE PROTECT After the war with Tartarus, things start winding down. Camp Jupiter heads for California, Magnus and his friends go back to Bos...
182K 3.5K 31
WARNING! I wrote this more than a year ago, this This story is not purely texting, there is a slight cliche plot. Actually, its a VERY CLICHE plot. L...