Pure Happiness

By lovely_me74

In which, The Original Hybrid falls for a banshee with a big heart. Credit for the plot goes to @sadtears- More

Trailer
Extended Summary
Epigraph
00 • Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
New Years Contest
New Years Contest Winner!
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63

41

11.1K 342 47
By lovely_me74

Previously on Pure Happiness

"I don't feel like myself. I'm the one who always takes care of others, but I'm tired. I'm exhausted of being the one who keeps it together. The one who always does the right thing for everyone but herself."

"Doing something for yourself once in a while is not selfish, Beth."

~~~

Later that night, Beth's phone rang, once again waking her. She quickly grabbed it and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Beth, did I wake you? I'm sorry, I didn't expect for you to be asleep so early."

"It's fine, Dad. What's wrong?"

"I have a business trip to just here in Georgia. But I really don't want to leave you alone."

"Dad, I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me."

"The flight leaves in 3 hours but I was hoping you would come with me. I know it's last minute. But I'll call the school first thing tomorrow and we'll only be gone a week at the most."

"You know what? Yes, I'll go."

"Really? Great! I'll pick you up. What friend are you staying with?

"No, Dad. It's fine. I'll go home myself."

~~~

A few days later, Beth was back in town. She felt guilty for her sudden escape but she had kept up with what had occurred the past few days. And it had been a busy week.

So much had happened to everyone, but as soon as she could, she headed to see the person that needed her the most. While she had been gone, Caroline had lost her father.

Caroline opened the door as soon as Beth rang the doorbell and before the strawberry blonde said anything, she brought her friend into a tight embrace.

Tears began to slip out of Caroline's eyes but Beth said nothing and just continued hugging her.

Caroline cried her eyes and parted herself from Beth. "Thank you," she said with a small smile.

Beth just slightly shook her head and looked at the blonde sadly, "I'm so sorry."

"Its okay. It's not your fault," she said with a shrug of her shoulder but her eyes watered as she talked.

"I should have been here for you."

"You had no idea this was going to happen and you're here now. You needed a break just like the rest of us and you were lucky enough to get one. I don't blame you."

"I know you don't. So how about I stay in with you tonight and we figure out something to do?" Beth suggested.

"Beth that sounds great but maybe another night. I just want to have some time to myself right now. So you go home and do what you need to do. You probably haven't even unpacked yet. So just go do that and don't worry about me. I'm okay. At least I will be soon," said Caroline.

"Okay. But hey, if you need anything or you decide you don't want to be alone, call me. At any time," Beth said. Caroline nodded in agreement before she was hugged by the strawberry blonde one last time.

~~~

Caroline had been right, Beth hadn't unpacked but as soon as she got home, she got right to it. It wasn't much that she had to do but if she didn't start then it wouldn't get done.

After putting everything away, she heard her doorbell echo throughout the house. She quickly made her way downstairs and opened her front door.

The strawberry blonde was met by no one at the door but when she looked down on the front steps she saw a black gift box with a white bow tied at the top. She looked around, checking for any sign of the person who had left it and found none before she grabbed the box and brought up to her room.

Beth stared at the box on her bed before she pulled the top off and revealed a red dress with a card on top that read Beth Midnight in calligraphy.

The strawberry blonde unlatched the sides of the card which revealed an invitation.

"Please join the Mikaelson Family this evening for dancing, cocktails, and celebration," she read aloud. She turned the card over and saw an additional message.

It read, "Save me a dance. Fondly, Klaus."

The strawberry blonde couldn't help but smile at the note. It was true that she was confused about a lot when it came to Klaus Mikaelson but she wanted to see him. That much she did know.

She put the invitation down and grabbed the dress from the box. It was made of the most beautiful material she had ever seen or touched. It was an off the shoulder princess dress. The dress had a torso with all red lace that continued onto the sleeves and its skirt was satin that had some extra volume but was nowhere near as big as a full ball gown. It was absolutely gorgeous.

The dress was no like no other.

~~~

While Beth had planned to wait until the ball to see Klaus, she had gotten impatient as the time seemed to just move by slower every second. So she got in her car and headed for the Mikaelson Mansion. She wasn't sure what she would say to him or his family that would probably all be there but she did it anyway.

Soon, she had arrived and was just outside the door that had actually already been open. So she simply made her way inside the large house and as soon as she entered a vampire sped to greet her.

He was tall and lean with dark hair. She had never seen before but it was obvious that he was a Mikaelson.

"Now, who are you?" The vampire asked with a smirk on his face.

"I'm Beth. Where's Klaus?"

"You know my brother?" Asked a second man who entered the room.

"Yeah, I do."

"What does my brother want with a human? Does he feed off you?"

"What? No, he doesn't feed off me," Beth said were eyebrows furrowed.

"You're compelled. I don't know why I bothered asking."

"Leave the poor girl alone," a familiar voice said. Beth sighed in relief and smiled as she turned to see Rebekah.

"I know you didn't have anything to do with it," the blonde said before anything else.

"I actually just found out about what happened to you. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Well, not really but it has nothing to do with you. I tried getting revenge but it didn't sit well with Nik."

"Of course you did," Beth chuckled. "But you shouldn't."

"Beth, this is Kol and this is Finn."

"Now that we got the introductions in order. Can I eat her or better yet take her to my room?" Kol smirked at the green-eyed girl who simply chuckled.

"As if. Klaus would put that dagger back into your heart until he found a way to actually kill you. Then he would somehow bring you back and do it all over again," Rebekah announced.

"So do you fancy my brother as well?"

"So Klaus isn't here?" Beth asked.

"I'm afraid not. Niklaus stepped out a while ago. Who might you be?" A blonde woman asked as she entered the room. Beth was quick to figure out that the woman was Ester, the mother of the Mikaelson siblings.

"Oh, hello," the strawberry blonde smiled. "I'm Beth Midnight. A friend of your son and your daughter," she said as she shook hands with the woman.

"I've never felt so much light yet such strong pain in one place. You're a banshee, aren't you?" She asked.

"Uh, yeah, I am."

"You are one rare creature."

"Yeah. A witch told me only one is born 100 years after the last one dies."

"I don't mean just that. There is no hate in your heart. It's so pure."

~~~

Next Time on Pure Happiness

"You look absolutely ravishing."

~~~

Author's Note

It's been a while. Actually way longer than a while and way longer than it should have but I get really busy because of school. But to those who have asked if I am still writing, I thought I should address the question here. I am not planning to abandon my stories and will see them through till the end. However, because of responsibilities in the real world, the updates will be slow. Now that I've addressed that. Thank you for being so patient and I hope you enjoyed the update. I had to skip a few episodes because I was just not sure how to fit Beth in and after breaking down, I thought she needed an actual break.

Much love,

Natalie ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

490K 9.2K 29
Klaus mikaelson the fearless hybrid met a girl. She fought against him in every way and yet he would do anything to keep her #787 in fan fiction
12.8K 207 23
You read the title right?? I'll leave the rest to your imagination:) This is an avengers fanfiction but I might mention the originals or something i...
7.4K 216 15
Where the Salvatore sister becomes hooked on the fascination of the big bad hybrid. Where she can't stand how her brothers are obsessed over elena Gi...
566K 7K 39
>ℝ𝔼ℚ𝕌𝔼𝕊𝕋𝕊 ℂ𝕃𝕆𝕊𝔼𝔻 < 𝕕𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕟 𝕤𝕒𝕝𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕖 ♡︎ 𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕗𝕒𝕟 𝕤𝕒𝕝𝕧𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕖 ♡︎ 𝕜𝕠𝕝 𝕞𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕤𝕠...