By Heart - A BTS Jhope Fanfic...

By MoonyAlice

slip into the role of Mina, a foreign girl living in Korea, and fall in love with our wonderful sunshine. Min... More

before you read
prologue
blinded by his light
(don't) get your hopes up
oh my gatchi
about being nervous
just - what are you up to?
i'm a patient person
how to not embarrass yourself
rising comfort
emotions
do you like her?
lights in the dark
you know him?!
made with love
as they freak out
uhm...hi guys
before i knew what i was doing
my heart faster than my head
your sunshine
awake
welp
you think I'm handsome?
wait and see
most beautiful place in this building
light stick
encounters
don't tell anyone I cried
set my head on fire
the redhead owning my heart
"happy"
fanmeet, japanese and muffins
fatigue
backstage
backstage II

untitled relations

2.4K 97 26
By MoonyAlice

Thursday

2:04pm

Mina's POV

Me: "Over here!"

I waved at Joo who I found curiously searching for my presence at the café I told him to meet up. Not only could I tell from his bright hair that it was him, he also wore this awfully colourful jacket that was a result of one of our DIY-projects this summer. I slipped with a can of paint back then and we had to get creative with it.

Joo: "Hey Mina."

His eyes met mine. I was happy to see him again after all the confusion, but his smile was not as bright as usual.

We ordered coffee and each one of us got a slice of cake. I told him about Sunday and how Hani and her boyfriend helped me to move my boxes to her place. Also, how late I get to sleep the past few days because she keeps talking to me until morning and that the hotel still did not call to confirm my booking. I wanted to keep up complaining, but Joo cuts me off-

Joo: "What I wanted to ask you... you and Hoseok. Are you two a couple now?"

I almost choke on my apple pie.

Me: ­"Wha-?!" I cough a few more times before quickly waving off every thought, even though I know I actually wanted it to be like it. "I-, I don't think we are."

Joo: "But I mean, you went on a date. Did he do something to you?" He took my hand and gave me a serious look. Awkward.

Me: "What?" A little confused, I slowly move my hand back. "Why is everybody assuming the worst?"

I chuckle a little at the thought that Hobi is such a ball of fluffiness that never would think of hurting anyone.

Me: "We just spent some fun time together. I don't think he sees more in me than a friend."

At my last words, I look down on my lap and recall the memory of Saturday when I left their apartment. I helped them clean up everything, thanked Jungkook for letting me sleep in his bed. We hugged as we said our goodbyes, but Hoseok and I did not kiss. He texted me quite often since then, even though we were not able to meet because of their tightly scheduled rehearsals and events. Since then I try to keep a clear head and not to expect too much.

I wonder who he spends the holidays with.

Joo: "I work with them as a choreography assistant." Joo brought me back into the café. "For quite some time already, to be honest. I'm sorry, again, that I did not tell you. I was advised to keep it a secret as long as possible."

Me: "Don't worry. I'm sorry I yelled at you, too. I understand why." I gave him a reassuring look. "Maybe, on the other hand, I am a little jealous of you working with the guys. It must be so much fun since they are all so talented." I probably would have done the same in his position.

Joo: "That's what I can confirm, but working with you together in the restaurant was even more fun. For me, it did not even feel like working most of the time."

We chatted the afternoon away and talked about this and that, how my life would continue here and my need to find a new place to live – and to work.

7:03pm

Mina's POV

I sigh as I cook dinner. I still have not thought about how I'd continue to live here. Staying at Hani's place is nice, she has a great kitchen, but it's not the best solution. What else bugs me is, that even though my emotions and growing feelings for Hoseok convinced me to stay here, but I might still be unhappy after all. Nothing has changed the original situation.

Hani and her boyfriend are still out for a date, so I'm home alone at her place for the next few hours at least. I hate eating alone, I always have. I truly wish, Hoseok would be here...I decide to text him.

19:23 Minapple

hey :3

I was wondering when you are free the next time? I'd like to see you again and I already miss you. Saturday already feels like centuries ago <3

Right after sending out the text, my phone started vibrating heavily and the picture of a certain someone popped up.

Hoseok?

Hoseok: "Hey Mina! We're on a quick break, so I must keep it short. I want to see you again, too, but this week is so full of things I need­­ to take care of! I'm so sorry... I don't think we'll be able to meet properly for a while. The year is coming to an end and even though all I want to do is be with you right now, I have my responsibilities to –"

Someone was calling out for him in the back.

My heart drops. I hate this feeling.

Me: "Uh, right – responsibilities. It's me who should apologize." I try to smile. "It's okay, really! I hope everything goes well for you."

I hang up. Why did I lie to him? Nothing is okay... Tears roll down my face while staring on the wall and I feel cold. Deep down I knew that something like this will to come clear to me sooner or later. I should have known that he is a very busy person. He is so passionate with practicing and his career, there won't be any place for me to fit in, would there? It's almost a miracle he had time for meeting me twice now...okay, three times.

I almost flip the table while being angry at myself. I'm not even hungry anymore.

My phone was vibrating again, but I threw it on the sofa...where it bounces off and on the carpet. Stupid thing. I hate it. Never should have bought one. It's better to be by myself than keeping someone from making others happy and working hard.

I mean...I knew that it would be no good. What the hell did I expect? We're from two different worlds. I'm glad I cancelled my flight though...the time I spent with him is precious to me. Dammit. Why is all of this so complicated. I just want the best for him. Now, I would only be a distraction to him.

I don't know what to think anymore. Was I being selfish by hanging up? Or would it be even more selfish to try to build up a serious relationship with someone that barely has time for something like...friendship or even love.

He has so much to do at the moment... and he doesn't need someone like me. I should ultimately draw a line beneath this chapter.

I decide to take a walk to clear my head...but I don't think this will change things as they are. It's a fact it won't work out in either way.

9:39pm

JHope's POV

Jimin: "Alright... tell us what happened. You made so many mistakes this rehearsal..."

Me: "Uhm- how do you...?"

Jimin: "Your face says it all, Hobi. Come on." Was I making it that obvious?!

Me: "I-...I only wanted to apologize for being so busy." I look down at the phone in my hands "She quickly hung up and by now still did not answer. "And then she said it's okay and hung up."

Tae: "That definitely does not sound like 'okay'..." Tae was clearly busy searching for solutions. "Hmmm...what if you go to her place to see if she's alright?"

Me: "I already would be there, but I don't know the address... she is staying at her friend's house, because, uhm..." Right, I did not tell them because I thought it would just be too complex to explain. "She actually wanted to move away, away from Korea."

Jungkook: "She- what?" He's shook.
Suga got up and left.

Namjoon: "Why would she want to leave? To me, she seemed quite happy. Her Korean is flawless as well."

Tae: "What on earth must happen to scare a girl like Mina away?! I'm so sad, I want to see her...and hug her!"

Jin: "She probably had her reasons to leave, but she decided to stay for Hobi! Sooo romantic!" Instead of cupping his own face, he cupped Namjoon's. Aish, these guys though.

Me: "I'm just so afraid of losing her... she's precious to me. I hope she picks up soon, I'm worried I said something wrong."

But as soon as I wanted to lift up my phone to dial her number, it started vibrating. Finally. Please be safe!

However, it was not Mina's number that was shown on the screen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293 23 25
A story about how our BTS fearless leader falls in love. Love story with struggle, passion, brains and moments of truth. This fanfiction is dedicated...
911 58 24
𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐨𝐤 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫, 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐲. 𝐒𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐧�...
12.2K 300 39
American girl travels to Seoul for a BTS concert and ends up living with the members. (Yoongi Romance) Started- February 2019 End - July 2019 (First...
7.4K 377 82
Y/N is a 34 year old woman who is a kpop fan and gets transferred to South Korea. Unexpected things happen when she meets Min Yoongi purely by chance...