Delighted To Love You: A Dram...

By HP4lyfe2020

This is the sequel to Fated to Love You and picks up right after the birth of Draco and Hermione's first chil... More

Part 1: Chapter 1
Part 1: Chapter 2
Part 1: Chapter 3
Part 1: Chapter 4
Part 1: Chapter 5
Part 1: Chapter 6
Part 1: Chapter 7
Part 1: Chapter 8
Part 1: Chapter 9
Part 1: Chapter 10
Part 1: Chapter 11
Part 1: Chapter 12
Part 1: Chapter 13
Part 2: Chapter 1
Part 2: Chapter 2
Part 2: Chapter 3
Part 2: Chapter 4
Part 2: Chapter 5
Part 3: Intro
Part 3: Chapter 1
Part 3: Chapter 2
Part 3: Chapter 3
Part 3: Chapter 4
Part 3: Chapter 5
Part 3: Chapter 6
Part 3: Chapter 7
Part 3: Chapter 8
Part 3: Chapter 10
Part 3 Chapter 11
Part 3: Chapter 12
Part 3: Chapter 13
Part 3: Chapter 14
Part 3: Chapter 15
Part 3: Chapter 16
Part 3: Chapter 17
Part 3: Chapter 18
Part 3: Chapter 19
Part 3: Chapter 20
Part 3: Chapter 21
Part 3: Chapter 22
Epilogue
Part 4: Bonus Chapters
Part 4: Chapter 1
Part 4: Chapter 2
Part 4: Chapter 3
Part 4: Chapter 4
EXCITING NEWS!!
Part 4: Chapter 5
Part 4: Chapter 6
Part 4: Chapter 7
Part 4: Chapter 8
Part 4: Chapter 9
Part 4: Chapter 10
Part 4: Chapter 11
Part 4: Chapter 12
Part 4: Chapter 13
Part 4: Chapter 14

Part 3: Chapter 9

5.9K 167 120
By HP4lyfe2020

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

The Malfoys - Aries - 24, Scorpius - 16, Athena - 16, Narcissa Jo - 14, Lyra - 12

The Potters: Teddy - 24, James - 17, Albus - 16, Lily - 14

The Notts: Thomas and Taylor - 15

The Zabinis: Marco - 16, Antonio - 14

The Weasleys (Ron and Padma): Ravi - 23, Rose - 16, Hugo - 14

December 25, 2022

"Scorpius can you get the door please?!"

"Sure Aunt Ginny." Scorpius walked out of the Potter's kitchen, glad to be free of the pandemonium as his mother, Ginny and Blaise finished up Christmas dinner. It wasn't unlike Ginny to be stressed over the yearly gathering but this year she seemed even more strained, much to everyone else's chagrin.

Scorpius walked into the entryway and was almost knocked over by Albus and Athena, who were running to the drawing room laughing.

"Oy! Watch where you're going!" He called after them. "You're too old to be running in the house."

He shook his head and opened the door. Ron walked past him into the house. "Where the bloody hell is my sister?"

"Hello to you too Uncle Ron," Scorpius said with a laugh, taking Padma's coat.

"Sorry champ," Ron replied, clapping him on the back. "Padma's given me some disturbing news and I need to confirm if it's true or not."

Ron and Padma walked off to find the other adults with Hugo on their heels. Scorpius' breath caught in his chest as his gaze fell to Rose who was still standing on the porch trying to shake the snow from her boots.

"Hey Rosie," he said softly.

She looked up and smiled at him. "Hi Scorpius."

They stood their smiling at each other for a long moment. "Invite her in before she freezes to death," someone whispered in Scorpius' ear, causing him to jump.

"James what the hell!"

James laughed and pulled his cousin inside, closing the door behind her. "Sorry mate but any longer and her toes would have fallen off."

"I was quite alright but thank you James," Rose said indignantly. "Is Jennifer here? I wanted to talk to her."

James nodded and gestured toward the drawing room. Rose smiled and headed off in the direction James had indicated, leaving Scorpius and James alone in the entryway.

"Man you've got it bad!" James said, watching Scorpius stare after Rose.

"I do not!" Scorpius protested.

James gave him a pointed look and he conceded. "Okay maybe I do. But it's not like she feels the same way."

James frowned. "She's said this to you?"

"No, but why would she have to? A girl like that would never have feelings for someone like me."

James rolled his eyes. "Come on Scorp. Let's discuss this further in my room." He opened the hall closet, revealing Lily and Narcissa Jo. "Away from curious ears."

Scorpius glared at his giggling sister and her friend as he followed James up the stairs.

"Have you discussed this at all with Al?" James asked, taking a seat on his bed.

Scorpius shook his head. "He always seems a bit preoccupied as of late. At first I thought it had to do with the competition but we've been eliminated so I'm not sure what's on his mind."

James chuckled. "I have some theories about that but we'll save that for another time. Tell me everything."

Scorpius sighed. "There isn't much to tell. I really, really like her and she sees me as a friend."

"Maybe not," James replied with a shrug.

"What do you mean?"

"If she hasn't said that to you, maybe she doesn't see you as just a friend. You'll never know what she feels until you put yourself out there."

"But what if I put myself out there and she rejects me?"

"Then you move on. You get closure and don't continue to hold a candle for her. Happened to me in third year. Bruised my ego but ultimately paved the way for me to find Jennifer."

Scorpius pondered this for a moment.

"Don't overthink it. Just do it. And do it today before you lose the nerve."

"You're right. Thanks James; I appreciate it."

James gave him a mock salute. "Anytime!"

Just then, there was a small dinging sound coming from beside James' bed. "Uh oh," James said.

"What is it?" Scorpius asked, intrigued.

"It's Lily's mayhem meter. She installed one in all of our rooms so we can alert each other when there's trouble afoot. Or mum's searching for one of us. Come on!" He climbed off of his bed and they thundered down the stairs, almost running into Lily and Jennifer, who were standing at the foot of the stairs behind Ginny and Hermione.

It seemed everyone had come into the entryway to witness whatever was going on. James craned his neck for a better view of whoever was standing on the porch but his view was blocked by Harry.

Harry was standing in the doorway trying to keep his calm. Ginny always got what she wanted. "Dudley and Marsha, Aunt Petunia, please come in," he said through gritted teeth.

Dudley's wife Marsha smiled as she walked in and Albus took her coat. Jason and Janette followed their mother's cue and greeted the Potters with smiles. Dudley and Petunia entered the house silently with no emotion on their faces.

"Uh, thank you for having us over Harry," Dudley said, extending his hand for Harry to shake.

Harry stared at it for a moment before Ginny nudged him and he shook his cousin's hand.

They all stood in awkward silence until Ginny snapped back into hostess mode and ushered them all into the dining room to eat. Jason sat next to James and Jennifer and they quickly began discussing the latest broom technology. Marco stiffened when he saw Janette. They had dated the year prior and things had not ended well. Harry made sure to seat Dudley and Petunia as far away from him as possible.

Dinner was painfully awkward at the adult table with only the occasional chatter from Aries and Melissa when Hermione asked about their travels. As soon as he finished eating, Harry stood up abruptly and stalked out of the dining room to his study.

"Thank you so much for having us over for Christmas dinner Ginny," Marsha said kindly.

Ginny smiled. "Of course! You're family. It's about time we had you over."

Dudley cleared his throat next to his wife. "Ginny," he started quietly. "If it's not to much trouble, I'd like to have a word with cousin Harry."

Ginny blinked at him for a moment before she recovered. "Uh, sure! Well, let me go ask him." She stood up quickly and rushed out of the room.

She came back a moment later and beckoned Dudley to follow her.

Albus and Athena saw all of this and shared a look with one another. They slipped away from their table discreetly and headed up the stairs to Albus' room.

Some years prior, Albus had discovered that his room was directly above his father's study and a loose floor board allowed him to see and hear the goings on inside. He and Athena sat on the floor to eavesdrop of the conversation between Harry and Dudley.

Harry sat behind his desk with his hands crossed under his chin, studying his cousin who sat on the other side with a nervous expression.

"You've done well for yourself cousin," Dudley started.

"Thank you."

"Um, well. Marsha and I are so grateful you invited us over for Christmas--"

"I didn't invite you. My wife did," Harry interjected harshly.

"Right. Well, um--"

"Is there anything in particular you would like to discuss? Or would you like to continue rambling?"

Dudley sighed. "You must know how sorry I am for how I treated you when we were younger. And I realize that I can't go back and undo the pain I caused you but I really would like to have a relationship with your family."

Harry's eyebrows rose. "And how does your mother feel about this?"

"She's older now and lonely. And I think she has deep regret about how she and my father treated not just you but your parents as well. Of course she's too proud to say this, but she's here. And I didn't have to convince her to come. She asked to come."

"Really?" Harry asked skeptically.

Dudley nodded.

"Why now? After all these years," Harry asked.

"I've wanted to for awhile but never plucked up the courage to contact you unless it had to do with the children and their magic. When your wife got in touch with us, it seemed the perfect opportunity.

"There are things that Marsha and I can't provide the children, with me being a muggle and her a squib. And with her parents gone, there's no one we can go to. We're family; Shouldn't that count for something?"

Harry sighed. "It should. But it also should have counted when your parents locked me away under the staircase when I was a child, or put bars on my window!"

Dudley lowered his head. "You're right. It should have. When I was younger I didn't know any better, but I could have said something when I got older. I'm sorry that I didn't."

"You speaking up wouldn't have changed anything, although I appreciate the sentiment."

They sat silently for a few minutes, the only sound coming from the fire crackling in the fireplace.

Harry stood and extended his hand to Dudley. "All is not forgotten, but I forgave you lot a long time ago."

"Really?"

Harry shrugged. "Would have been miserable all these years if I hadn't. I don't promise things will be perfect but I'm willing to try."

Dudley shook Harry's hand with a smile and up in Albus' room Athena groaned as Albus replaced the loose floor board.

"What?" Albus asked with a laugh.

"Bloody Gryffindors and their readiness to forgive those who've wronged them! If I were Uncle Harry I'd have tossed the bloody menace out on his fat arse."

Albus snorted. "Did you expect any less from my father?"

"Of course not! He's Saint Harry Potter for heaven's sake! But I had hoped for a bit more excitement."

"The only time dad really gets excited is when James does something idiotic. But he's been rather tame since he's been with Jennifer. It's been quite boring."

"Doesn't Lily get in trouble for pranking?" Athena asked as they headed back downstairs.

"From mum yeah. But she's dad's little angel; Perfect in his eyes. Wait, 'Thena do you see that?"

They had just reached the bottom of the stairs and Athena turned to where Albus was pointing.

Scorpius and Rose were sitting alone in the drawing room and Scorpius was nervously handing Rose a wrapped gift.

"Come on let's get closer!" Athena whispered, pulling Albus by the arm.

"You didn't have to get me anything," Rose said softly with a smile.

"I, I, I wanted to," Scorpius stammered. He scooted closer to her so their knees were almost touching. "Well, are you going to open it?"

She looked up at him and smiled, tucking a long lock of hair behind her ear. She ripped the paper off of the large, flat package and gasped.

"Oh, Scorpius!"

"Do you like it?" he asked sheepishly.

"Like it? I love it!" she replied before leaping into his arms and kissing him firmly on the lips.

Albus and Athena's jaws dropped as they watched from their hiding place. "Al what is it!? What's the gift?!" Athena asked, hitting him on the arm.

"Ow! 'Thena stop hitting me! I can't see any better than you can!"

After a long kiss, Rose pulled back and blushed. "I'm sorry, I--"

Scorpius interrupted her apology with a quick kiss. "Don't apologize. I've wanted to kiss you for a long time."

"Oh God gag me," Athena whispered to Albus with a roll of her eyes. He promptly shushed her as Rose started to speak.

"I just can't believe you did this! How long did it take you?" she said excitedly.

"I started sketching it a couple of years ago but have been working seriously on it for about six months."

"It's beautiful!" She turned the gift around and Albus and Athena finally got a glimpse of it. It was a painting of Rose. She was sitting on a bed, reading. Scorpius had captured her perfectly; Her nail biting, the deep crease in her forehead as she concentrated. Every detail was executed impeccably, down to the freckles on her face and the placement of the part in her hair.

Rose kissed Scorpius again, causing him to flush even deeper. "I got you something also."

His eyebrows shot up. "Really?"

She reached into her pocket and pulled out a small box.

"Open it," she said, pushing it into his hands.

Scorpius carefully unwrapped the box and opened it. He pulled out a thin silver chain with a rectangular pendant at the bottom.

"It's a locket," Rose said, taking it from him and putting it around his neck. "I was going to suggest you put a picture of your mum in it, but now I'm hoping you might put someone else," she said shyly.

Scorpius stared at the locket for a moment. "Willyoubemygirlfriend?" he blurted out suddenly.

"What?" Rose asked.

Scorpius took a deep breath and started again. "Rose Weasley, will you please be my girlfriend?"

She smiled widely and nodded, going in for another kiss.

"Ugh, I've seen enough," Athena said, moving away from their hiding place. "That was so gross."

Albus followed her, frowning. "You don't believe in love?"

Athena snorted. "Of course I believe in love. Look at my parents. They're walking examples that it exists. But that was just way to sappy and gross for my taste. I believe in a more practical love." 

Albus shook his head. "Always the cynic 'Thena."

********************

January 2023

"Athena stop pacing. You're acting like mum," Lyra said, studying her fingernails from her seat near her eldest sister in the great hall.

"I can't help it! The semifinals start in less than ten minutes. Aren't you nervous?"

Lyra looked up at Athena and shook her head. "Not really. I'm relying on my intelligence to carry me through. It's never failed me before, why should it fail me now?"

Athena rolled her eyes. "Sometimes luck is nice to have too."

Lyra looked back down at her nails. "Luck isn't real. It's all in your head. Hard work and intelligence are what get you through things."

"Whatever Lyra," Athena sat down next to her sister and closed her eyes. She didn't care what Lyra thought, she was nervous. She would be going up against her best friend Taylor and her twin brother Thomas as well as Albus' cousin Jason.

The subjects were harder this time too. Luckily, she had inherited her father's skill in potions and her mother's in charms but astronomy was her worst subject! If she could just make it past the semifinals, she would surely take down whoever her opponent was in defense against the dark arts.

Hermione and rest of the committee filed into the great hall to thunderous applause from the Hogwarts students as well as the spectators. She stepped up to the podium and smiled, waiting for the noise to calm down.

"Good afternoon! Thank you all for joining us on this cold January morning for the semifinal round of the Hogwarts competition. Today, there are four contestants from each year who will compete. Only two students from each year, will move on to the final round of competition before the International Young Wizards Competition this summer."

She gestured to a panel that concealed the judges. "The judges have been randomly selected once again from various wizarding governing bodies from around the world to minimize bias. Contestants, please take your places and we shall begin."

Athena rose from her seat next to Lyra and walked over to take her place next to Taylor who was fidgeting nervously with her hands. They didn't speak to one another but gave each other hesitant smiles.

Hermione called the first contestant, a fourth year boy, and the competition began.

"Contestant number twelve."

Athena walked up to the front to receive her fifth question. "Europa is a moon of what planet? Once you've answered that, describe one of its key characteristics."

Athena gulped nervously and looked out at the audience. Her gaze fell on Albus who was giving her an enthusiastic thumbs up. She exhaled deeply and answered the question. "Europa is a moon of the planet Jupiter and its surface is covered in ice."

"Correct."

Athena smiled with relief as she headed back to her seat. She was officially two questions ahead of both Thomas and Jason and three ahead of Taylor. She looked over at Lyra who was frowning. She was leading her year but only by one question and she didn't like that.

The competition continued on for what seemed like forever until Hermione finally announced that it was over. They all returned to their house tables to hear the results.

"A round of applause for all of our competitors," Professor Longbottom said as he approached the podium a few moments later.

"Now for our finalists. Please hold your applause until the end...second years Bobby Johnson and Lyra Malfoy...fourth years Lily Potter and Mohamed Seif.

"Fifth years Jason Dursley and Athena Malfoy. Sixth years Rose Weasley and Brittany Joseph and Seventh years Jennifer Boseman and James Potter. Finalists please see Hermione Malfoy after the feast for further instructions."

Food appeared on all of the tables as the applause died down and everyone began to eat.

"Whoa two Slytherin fifth years," Marco said excitedly. "Either way we'll be represented."

Scorpius snorted. "Either way? Athena will win of course."

"How can you be so sure Malfoy? And don't say because she's a Malfoy."

Albus laughed. "Have you ever dueled Athena? She's unbeatable. Not only is she a Malfoy, my mother, Ginevra Molly Potter, is her godmother. Athena could beat Jason blindfolded with her wand hand tied behind her back."

Athena blushed at his compliment. "Aw Albus! You really think I'm that lethal?"

"You burned my eyebrows off in your second year because I wouldn't share my pumpkin juice with you! Of course I think you're that lethal."

Marco stared back and forth between the two of them. "Is this flirting? Because if it is, it's the weirdest shit I've ever seen."

"Albus isn't flirting with my sister," Scorpius said, disgusted. "She's like a little sister to him. Right Al?"

"Uh, yeah. Right. Like a sister," Albus answered quickly.

Scorpius returned to his food but Marco didn't miss the look Albus and Athena shared.

"Interesting," he thought to himself. "Very interesting."

A/N I included the family tree I made in two formats. You'll have to excuse my awful handwriting but I hope it's helpful! I hope you enjoyed this nice long chapter! The finals are next! As always please follow, vote and comment and leave any suggestions you have! :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 23 19
A drarry love story. Draco is a girl in this named Dracy. Harry and her have been dating since 3rd year. Harry follows his father footsteps, James. A...
6.1K 97 14
ALL RIGHTS GO TO 'frombluetored' ON ARCHIVEOFOUROWN.ORG Sequel to 'Put Your Guns Away It's Tea Time' Albus and Scorpius enter 5th year and explore th...
7.7K 297 19
(Sequel) It has been a year since her adventure in the wizard world. One day, she was at her uncle's work place. She went to take a nap in the break...
832 5 25
Dive into the enchanting world of Hogwarts once more as fate entwines the lives of Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy in an unexpected way. Chosen as...