The Merge (A One Direction/Zi...

By ChimChimMalik

Zayn and Liam are ready to take things to the next level and move in together. You know,with their kids. Can... More

Meet the Family
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28 Pt.2
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Guess What???

Chapter 17

1K 25 1
By ChimChimMalik

"Why'd you leave us?! You left daddy to take care of us by himself, you never called, and daddy and I cried for days. I waited for the day to see you walk back in the door. It was painful to see all the other kids on the block hugging and playing with both of their parents and I was back in the position feeling my mother didn't love me. Was it my fault that you left? You were so happy with daddy so it wasnt his fault and-and-"

"Lizzy!! Quiet. I am so serious oreo bit! I wanted nothing more than to come back and hold each and every one of you in my arms and it was in no way ever any of your faults. Everything was just to hard to process and by the time I was ready to come back I realized it was too late. I prayed that when I came back I would never have to see you in this position again."

"Daddy is sending Iggy to Adam and Juliana's for a week. I wouldn't be surprised if she's destroyed her room yet." Izzy shook her head.

"Liam was never good with situations like these. Iggy is a strong girl but she can't keep everything to herself and Daddy can't really handle this all by himself. Oreo there was a reason we wanted to adopt you." Lizzy heart twitched at the memory of the nickname she gotten the day she was adopted .

"When we had in mind of getting you it was because we really wanted a girl and so did your Aunty Nicola. She was originally the one who was suppose to adopt you." Izzy had felt Lizzy was old enough to find out how their family ended up the way they did.

"Your Aunt Nicola loved kids but only had boys and she so desperately wanted a girl so instead of taking the chance of having another boy she adopted. When her and your Uncle found out about you they were ecstatic because you had just recently got to the orphanage. After months of process they finally got approval to adopt you and luckily you had just gotten back from the other family that tried to adopt you. It was literally only days before they were coming to pick you up that it all happened. It all just happened so fast. That morning your Aunt Nicola, her husband, and three of her five boys were in the car and everything was normal. All that I know is I was on the phone with her while her husband was driving and the boys were in the back of the car. Nicola told your dad she would call us later because we were going to set up your room and get you everything you needed that day. That whole day was to prep for you but no one knew what was going to hapoen no more than 15 minutes later." Izzy paused and that told Lizzy to expect the worst.

"Next thing we know me and Li get the call and we're speeding to the hospital with their 5 and 13 year olds, Nick and Josh. When we got in all we heard was their names being tossed around. It was Nicola's name coming from the right, your uncle's from the left, and your three cousins from every direction but we didn't gey a chance to see one. They all died in a killer crash and we didn't know what happened until they had pronounced each and everyone of them dead. I've never seen your father cry before that day but I have never seen anyone cry tgat much in my life and it absolutely shattered my heart. We literally had to drag Josh out of the hospital and we wanted nothing more than to silence the heart  wrenching cries of Nick calling for his parents. When we got home that night your fathers thoughts went straight to you. I can't lie and say I wasn't shocked of course if your Aunt Chrissy or Uncle Alex would've died before thinking about their adooted kid but I didnt know what a bundle of joy you were. That night we called your Grandparents and nothing is sadder than hearing a mothers mourn over her lost child but it did come to shock when her mind went to you as well. From that night on I knew there was something special about you because even when mourning the death of a lost one you were always on our minds. That following day Li woke me up and said

"Come on we have to go shopping for our littke girl today".

I couldnt find a trace of sadness or depression. His face was all serious and his mind was set on you. It was like you instantly filled the spot of mourning for Nicola and he hasnt even lain eyes on you. So that day we dropped Nick and Josh off at your  grandparents place and were off shopping for you and buying stuff to decorate your room. He was ready to give you the world. He wanted you to feel like you could have anything you wanted as long as you wouldn't leave him. Believe me when I tell you Liam needed you more than you needed him. You had become your father's life from the moment that doctor announced Nicola's death to this very moment. His worst fear is losing you. When we went get you something ignited in him but when you had began to act hostile I saw that flame blow out. I have a feeling if I never would have came in and asked Iggy to come with us as well that Liam would've gone mad. I had never been so grateful to a person since Iggy agreed to come as well to me she had saved Li and that's all I could've wished for. When we got to take you home that night Liam couldn't fall asleep he was planning in his mind all the great adventures and trips he could take you on and that's when I truly knew he was a happy. I also felt something. I knew it was from then in always going to be about you and there wasn't enough love for him to give to Iggy. For a small amount of time I almost thought there wasn't enough love for me but I pushed that far away because I knew that wasn't true. He had shown several times that he would put you above Iggy and I knew she had noticed it and it amazed me how she paid it no mind. I know that my leaving must have been a blow for you all. Liam lost his wife, Niall was a newborn without a mother, you had lost an important figure in your life, and Iggy lost her rock. What I lost was the best thing that ever happened to me and that was my family. I tried to get myself to go back because I knew that every single one of you were losing your minds wondering where I might be but I couldn't. After I had finally worked up the nerve it was way too late. I had missed so much of your lives and I didnt think you'd guys would want me back. So I eventually tried to move on and when I did I found Justin."

"Bieber! Ew mom!" Izzy slapped Lizzy's shoulder for interrupting in. the middle of her story.

"No, Timberlake Liz. Then and we have two little girls. One from his previous marriage and the younger one is ours. It hurt because it was like looking at you two everyday and they were my coping method. It was wrong for me to use them like them but later I soon got use to calling them my family but I never stopped thinking about you guys. Goodness this speech lasted long for such a short point. What I was trying to get across was you have always been your father's main priority and Iggy is sick of fighting for attention all the time. I alsi was trying to get across that I never stopped thinking of you guys and I can't fully regret my decision because I love Justin, Bridget, and Mia, but I do regret every minute I missed out on your lives."

"You should've just said that. Jesus ma! You really knew how to give out speeches no wonder I hated when I got in trouble by you. You'd just drone on and on and on-" Izzy cut Lizzy off by tackling her into a hug.

"Your still the little booger I left you as, huh Oreo?"

"I missed hearing you call me that." Lizzy admitted adjusting more to the hug.

"I missed being able to call you that. I want you to remember every word I told you because we might not see for a while." Izzy said smiling at her once small fragile little girl trying not to damage her mood. "Don't tell anyone I was here except Iggy which I hope you understand why. I want to talk to you're father separately because he deserves to know what happens. I know I left the heavy burden of three kids on him to handle alone but by the looks of it he handled it better than I expected."

"I love you mommy." Izzy's heart jumped at the words.

"I love you Lizzy Bear." Izzy put on her disguise giving Lizzy one last hug before exiting the room. Lizzy picked up her phone but placed it back down. She had to think of everything that had happened to her that night and process it all once and for all. She then picked up her phone and dialed her one sensible friend.

"Mad, you won't believe what the hell just happened dude."

-The House-Next Day

Zayn and Mari had been up early that morning and bubbling. Today was Mari's first day of school. Harry had just walked by without a shirt on.

"Is it backwards day for you babe?" Zayn said chuckling. Harry looked down and noticed what his father was talking about.

"Thought I'd at least try this ' pants on first' thing." They both chuckled as he went over to Mari's side and kissed her forehead, wishing her luck.

"Can we check of Daddy is awake now?" Zayn thought against it. Liam did seem a little out of it last night and Zayn didn't want to worsen things on Mari's behalf with Liam's sour mood.

"Let's go see how he's feeling, alright?" Zayn grabbed her hand and knocked on the door and when they entered Liam was just toweling off his hair. Zayn swears of that child wasn't in that room that bed surely wouldn't look the same.

"Hey babe, Come here." Liam said smiling wider than Zayn expected.

A little too wife for Zayn's liking though.

"Are you excited start school today?" Mari shook her head and bouncing in her father's lap and chuckled at the reaction.

"I want you to have a great time and when you get back you can tell me all about your day. How does that sound darling."

"It's sounds like a plan." She said giving him thumbs up as Zayn and Liam laughed at the goofiness of the little one. "Daddy?"

"Yes sweetheart." Liam said calming down a little to hear what she had to say.

"Why aren't you coming with me and Papa this morning?" Liam looked at Zayn before looking back down at Mari to answer the question.

"I have alot of stuff planned this morning and that's why I'm giving you my whole afternoon but knowing your Papa he'll come back with over a hundred pictures and I know some of them are going to be unnecessarily taken selfies." Zayn threw a pillow at him that had made it's way to the floor last night, which he had no excuse for so Mari better not get curious about anything else.

"After I leave Mari I got some errands to run so are you going to spend the day with Niall or do you want me to take him?"

"What's Louis doing today?" Liam asked remembering the oldest yet youngest in mind son.

"Even Louis doesn't know what he's going to do. You should keep Niall and do something with him. I know he misses having you around." Liam nodded before agreeing to do so and kissed his daughter and lover's cheek before wishing them well on their adventurous day.

-The Hospital

"Your really telling me that your parents are letting you off from school to visit me?" Lizzy questioned as her and Madison sat on her bed eating two separate packs of oreos since Mad was afraid Lizzy would try to finish hers as well.

"My parents would let me go to America if I didn't want to go to school." They both had a little laugh over the matter.

"With all joked aside, I feel that you were your father's life saver but I can't tell you how you feel." Lizzy let out a deep sigh.

"Well I am beyond ecstatic that my mother came back. I missed her voice and the way she would scold us, I hated it but there was always something about the way she did things that made me love her more. For my dad, I dont know. I guess I'm grateful I was here for him when my aunt was gone but I feel like a replacement. It's as if when he does things for me it's for his sister. I feel he doesn't seem me for me that to him I'm the new Nicola. I'm no longer Elizebeth when I'm around him all he will forever see in me is Nicola."

"Honestly, I would feel the same way but the relationship you have with your dad is way deeper than what you see." Madison eyes drifted off as she went into thought. "He sees you for Lizzy and that's obvious. His emotion towards you probably mimic the ones he had for Nicola but they aren't a hundred percent the same. Your dad can separate you from her and that's where you know he sees you as your own person and not his second chance with his sister."

"Thanks Mad. I really wonder how you got stuck with us weirdos." They giggled.

"I enjoy the weirdness. It makes me seem more normal and approachable."

"It also makes you more giving amd makes uou want to share-" Madison slapped Lizzy's approaching hand from her Oreos.

"Uh, Uh, Uh. Not my Oreos" Lizzy pouted as Madison was full out laughing by her side.

"We have arrived!" Announced Baikey as she and Luke walked in with more bags.

"Oreo party!" They all yelled at once.

"Best school day ever." Madison inquired with Lizzy nudging her, giggling by her side.

-Marianna's School

"I'm going to miss you today, princess." Zayn had a sad smile on his face. For the past couple weeks he had spent a majority of his day with her by his side.

"Don't be sad papa I'll see you after school and then you won't miss me anymore." Zayn smiled a genuine smile as he brought her on for a hug and quick kiss.

"Bye Papa!" Mari called as she ran into the small elementary building. He waved until she was out of sight.

"Funny" Zayn turned around to see a familiar face. "Liam didn't tell me the girls were coming to the same school."

"Hey Perrie. It was a last minute thing really. You and Asia should come over tomorrow or anytime really." She agreed and would call them to set a date and the two parted ways. Now Zayn has a date with two of his exes. Leigh Anne and Jade Thirwall.

-The House

Liam knocked on Iggy's door. He hadn't seen her since he put her to bed tge night before.

"Come in Dad." Liam was confused. How did she know it was him? He walked inside the room to see Iggy on the her bed with her suitcase next to her, the room still a mess.

"I was thinking of spending the day with you and Nialler today. I wanted to know if you wanted to join us?"

"Sure give me a couple minutes I'll be out." Now Iggy wasn't losing her mind but Liam thought so. She wasnt smiling like Joker but there was a vast emotional change in her. By the way she reacted yesterday Liam could've swore she was going to bite his head off.

"Okay we'll wait for you " He walked away and Iggy sat and stared her phone.

"You were one to crack easy mom." Izzy had sent Iggy a mass message explaining the same thing she did to Lizzy.

-Bradford Mall

"Always late for everything but handsome doing it. Things never do change, huh handsome." Zayn smiled at the girls.

"I missed you too Leigh Anne. Jade I see your still as happy as I last saw you."

"Yeah, when I kicked the sh*t out of your family maker or what I thought was your family maker." Jade smirked as Zayn's smile was removed.

"Yeah but look who gets more buns in the oven" Jade was ready to go off but Leigh Anne cut in.

"Hey, how about we get a table at the food court and talk about why we're here, our little girl."

"Sure." Jade and Zayn agreed as they both walked off giving each other dirty looks.

"You two really havent changed over the years." Leigh Anne said taking the seat next to Jade.

"Where's our daughter?" Jade asked getting to the point. She didn't want to be here anymore than Zayn did and Zayn surely didn't want to be around Jade when she loses it but that doesn't me he still wasn't going to try and piss her off.

"Where were you when my boyfriend and daughter found her in the rain?" Jade pulled a small smirk.

"You're already having his kids and you aren't married. I can see you kicking him in his money maker next." This put a scowl on Zayn's face. Yes, he and Liam weren't married and this was something he thoughr about but it didn't give Jade the right to bring it up.

"And I can see Mari as a new member as our family like she begged to be. First, do you really think you have the right to talk about my relationship! What the hell were you doing when that little girl was out in the rain clutching on to my man. So what if we aren't married, at least I know he's a good parent. From what i've seen from you over the years you aren't no where near one. Next time i'll meet with Leigh Anne alone. Tell Raylin I said hi too." Zayn stood up leaving Jade stunned but she chased him nonetheless.

"Zayn! Dont walk away from me! You aren't leaving here without giving me my kid!"

"She doesn't want to go home Jade! Even if she did I sure as hell wouldn't send her home with you!" Zayn snapped around. He usually stayed calm in situations like these but he was cranky, tired, and hungry so he most definitely not in the mood. "She started school today and I heard her speak to Liam's youngest son about how lonely it is at home without anyone else to play with. I'm not taking your kid away from you like you did me. I'm not that damn selfish but I sure as hell should be given the circumstance. I'll call you guys in a couple days to come see her. My family had enough things to deal with and I don't feel like adding you to the list." And with that Zayn was out the for and to his car.

"Well that went better than expected."

The irony in it all as Zayn was ready to start his car he witnessed the rest of his family walk straight in.

"Are you seious?!" Shouted slamming his hand down on the steering wheel, unwantingly drawing their attention to him. He got out the car to go join them.

"Hey guys! What did you all have planned to do today?" Zayn asked keeping his family's eyes away from the couple who were exiting but of course Jade wasn't going to let him have the last dramatic scene that's always her thing.

"Zayn! Is that you?" Leigh Anne chuckled to herself. How did she ever find herself in a long term relationship with these two?

"Leigh Anne! I missed you so much and Jade." He finished her name off with a small hint of disgust behind it. Suddenly Jade's attitude to the situation changed. She wasn't going to let Zayn see her as some colossal b*tch because sje knows she isn't.

"Is this your family? Oh my goodness you guys look so perfect together but it feels like your missing a few. Big families are the best to have around. We had a daughter but she got separated from her a whike back. We haven't given up hope that we'll get her back. Your wedding pictures would be the best I mean who wouldn't marry Zayn." Zayn smirked at the girl. Typical Jade, changes the topic before anyone gets a word in but Leigh Anne wanted to add to the fun.

"Zaynie was quite the catch back in school and any person who can hold him down is quite the miracle worker. We have to go now but it was nice meeting you all. I'm sorry that we're in such a rush but we'd love to meet again properly."

"Sure, it was nice meeting you girls. See you." Liam said offering that million dollar smile that had almost every person in sight melt.

"Wow." Jade said voicing her opinion but quickly containing herself. "Bye." And off she was with Leigh Anne waving them off.

"Anyone else thinking how bad off a boyfriend he must have been to turn not one but two girls out." Zayn punched Lou's arm.

"If anything, those two turned me out." And Zayn walked off with Niall on his hip.

"How does he walk away like that? Even I can't move my hips like that." Iggy said completely and just utterly bewildered by the wonders of her stepfathers hips.

"And you shouldn't be able too." Liam said walking off as well.

"I'm just now noticing what a nice firm arse your dad-"

"Louis!" Iggy hollered before walking away.

"If you think that's bad wait until I get started on his abs! Dude he's flawless!" Louis said chasing Iggy down in attempt to further torment her but bumping into someone along the way.

"I'm so sorry"

"No problem handsome. I'm Calum, Calum Hood. I also wouldn't mind getting your number as well." The stunning casanova asked. This guy was handsome and fast to act. Lou liked this kid. They exchanged numbers, hugged, and Calum walked away.

"And that is how you do ot my fair blonde. Take notes." Louis said walking past Iggy. She stood gobsmacked.

"He has the walk too! Dammit!"

-The Hospital

"How is that possible?!" Luke asked the girls completely confused as to what small sensibility these females have.

"Because Jai is just handsomer than you." Madison stated as if it were common knowledge

"We're twins!" He shouted still failing to seeing how his brother is the more attractive one.

"Let's just call it a tie." Lizzy said putting an end to the rather amusing argument.

"Damn straight." Lizzy slapped his mouth.

"Watch your language you twat!" Lizzy shouted rather hypocritically.

"Lizzy!" Bailey scolded. "You two some soap to clean out those potty mouths of yours. In fact you need the whole Dove factory."

"Here she goes on another rant. Do they keep duct tape on these useless drawers." Luke asked looking around.

"Stay out of there before they kick you guys out." Speaking of the devil in walked Dr. Taylor.

"Okay guys you've been here longer than I'm permitted to give but now Liz has to get her medication and off to bed." They all nodded and thanked her. Lizzy was attacked in hugs and kisses by her friends who each as well hugged Taylor on their way out.

"Lovely kids but a bit loud mouths like you." Lizzy looked offended.

"Yet, you love me so." They both giggled.

"Your father called and he finally got his head on straight or at least I hope."

"He just needed a reality check but he was never highly screwed up in the mind." Lizzy stated.

"You also got this beautiful bouquet that Ed's should be bringing in anytime soon. From a lad name Edward he wanted to stop in badly but said he and his family were going abroad and didn't have time. But I think he already explained that part to you." Lizzy nodded even though she had no idea about this but out was no one elses business if she did or not.

"Here you go." Ed announced finally arriving.

"Goodness Ed work out some why don't you. The front desk is less then 3 yards away." Lizzy laughed at how these two act like some sort of married couple. They were just that close of friends.

"Why don't you! I could pick my teeth with the bone in you leg!" Lizzy was full out laughing. These two are nuts. They further continued the fight aftet giving Liz her medicine and walking out still having their screaming match.

"This hospital has seen some of the strangest people ever." She looked at the bedside table as her phone rang and it was Edward. She let it ring. If wasn't going to tell her before he shouldn't have told her now.

"Denied." Of course she regretted it later because she really missed the lads voice but you know he has to learn someway and that was it.

-The House

Everyone had been at the house except Harry who no one has seen all day strangely. As soon as Mari got home she went straight to Liam and explained the whole rundown of her day. She didn't skip a single detail and Liam loved it. He was happy that Mari didn't have to face anything that would upset her, she already had a friend there with her and made plenty more.

The thing that had turned down the moment was the limo horn outside. Then there was a knock on the door and when Louis opened it he almost fainted on spot.

"Oh my God!" Adam caught the boy in his arms.

"Well that was expected." Liam then took the Lou out of Adam's hands and laid him in his room. Right behind Adam was Juliana both looking stunning as usual.

"Holy blonde! Dad what happened to your hair! Mom what did you cut yours off for! What is wrong with your hair dresser?" Iggy said immediately rushing to mess with their heads. She was quickly swatted away by her father which turned into a small slap fight. Julianna slapped both sets of hands.

"Well if you'd watch the voice you'd know why and she cut hers for dancing purposes. Hey, where's my chocalate chip at?" If you haven't figured it out, that is the nickname he had made for Lizzy since she continuously use call him vanilla cone. It was weird but there's what a get together with two are like.

"That little girl has a perfect little body. I wany to train her."

"Mom stay away from the little child you'll scare her." Juliana rolled her eyes.

"I will be back for her but we have to head out. You came in perfect timing I needed a couple dancers for a show I'm having so it'll be me and you all throughout the morning and you and your father all afternoon and night."

"Yeah, that's nice. Where's chocolate chip?" Adam asked a little more whiny than the first time.

"In the hospital." Adam's face dropped a little. Lizzy was like his best friend which was strange because it seems as of the make figures always bond closest with Lizzy while the females bond more with Iggy.

"I really wanted both girls to preform with us during this event it was practically made for them. Maybe another time. Ig get your stuff we have to head out but it was nice seeing you all and i'll most definitely be back for that little girl." Julianna sooke before making an exit out the door. Adam grabbed the bag out Iggy's hand, letting her give everyone a huv but made sure to slap Louis awake and bolt out the door.

"See you in a week." Adam waved shutting the door behind him. A silence feel upon the room until Louis dashed the front door hollering,

"That's why I have the walk and a date!" Slamming it earning a certain look from his father.

"A date with who?"

"This dude named Calum. Dad he is a babe and I can see me and him getting serious. Oh yeah, can't babysit with you tomorrow. Good luck maybe Hazza can help you." And with that Louis was off to fall back asleeo with a sleepy Niall following behind.

"Where is Harry, Papa?" Mari said turning to face Zayn.

"I don't know. You go get ready for bed and i'll call him okay?" She nodded then kissed her fathers cheeks and skipped off. Zayn dialed Harry.

"Weird he usually calls by now." Zayn waited a while but the phone was never answered. He tried and tried again but no answer.

"He still hasn't answered." Zayn stated in a slight panic. Where was his baby?

~~~~~

Holy frickin crao where is my Hazza Bear?!?!?

Trouble in paradise for Team Ledward/Elizzy???

Songs:

Salute-Little Mix

She Looks So Perfect- 5sos

Goodness these boys are goinf to be the death of me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

We're Okay By J!

Fanfiction

2K 52 13
It's funny, really, that their lives hadn't intercepted before that point. That all it took was one little thing that set off a chain reaction of cir...
710K 20K 22
Alexis is an orphan. She doesnt trust anyone, especiall men which is undersandable due to the things her father and others would do to her. When the...
325K 7.6K 31
Ziam family AU, in which Zayn and Liam decide to start their own little family. Louis: 6 Harry: 4 Niall: 2
37.5K 914 28
Harry and Louis, newlyweds, are experiencing a lot of firsts, including raising a family. Joing them as they rasie Liam, Zayn, and Niall to be their...