[Turning You] On!

By Thischickisbomb

Terry was your young typical player. He moved from state to state with his Dad in the military, in each state... More

[Turning You] On! Chapter 1
[Turning You] On! Chapter 2
[Turning You] On! Chapter 3
[Turning You] On! Chapter 4
[Turning You] On! Chapter 6
[Turning You] On! Chapter 7
[Turning You] On! Chapter 8
[Turning You] On! Chapter 9
[Turning You] On! Chapter 10
[Turning You] On! Chapter 11
[Turning You] On! Chapter 12
[Turning You] On! Chapter 13
[Turning You] On! Chapter 14
[Turning You] On! Chapter 15
[Turning You] On! Chapter 16
[Turning You] On! Chapter 17
[Turning You] On! Chapter 18
[Turning You] On Chapter 19
[Turning You] On! Chapter 20
[Turning You] On! Chapter 21
[Turning You] On! Chapter 22
[Turning you] On! Chapter 23
[Turning You] On! Chapter 24
[Turning You] On! Chapter 25
[Turning You] On! Chapter 26
[Turning You] On! Chapter 27
[Turning You] On! Chapter 29
[Turning You] On! Chapter 30
[Turning You] On! Chapter 31
[Turning You] On! Chapter 32
[Turning You] On! Chapter 33
[Turning You] On! Chapter 34
[Turning You] On! Chapter 35
[Turning You] On! Chapter 36
[Turning You] On! Chapter 37
[Turning You] On! Chapter 38
[Turning You] On! Chapter 39
[Turning You] On! Chapter 40

[Turning You] On! Chapter 5

31.7K 383 21
By Thischickisbomb

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET.TELLAFRIEND

ENJOY!!!!!!!

Trust Me - The Fray

Chapter 5

Terry

 I stood in the kitchen preparing everything we would need for the project. Brielle and I were making Lebkuchen which were basically German honey cakes. When we searched for recipes we were looking for something easy and quick, so this is what we came to. I had all the ingredients laid out on the counter and Brielle was supposed to be getting here any moment now.

I heard the doorbell ring and I went to go answer it. “What’s up B?” I said after opening the door and letting her in.

“Hey Ters.” She replied. I laughed. She knew that calling me that got on my nerves.  I walked into the kitchen and she followed.

“Let’s do this.” She stated.

“Alright beat two eggs.” I told her. She nodded. I measured out two and a half cups of flour and poured it into a bowl.

“Okay what next?” she asked.

“Look at the sheet.” I told her.

“It would be easier if you would just tell me.”

“Life isn’t easy baby doll.”

“Ewww don’t ever call me that again.” She demanded. I laughed.

“Whatever,” She said before looking at the recipe on her own. I added all the other dry ingredients in the bowl and sifted them together. Once Brielle was finished, I added my mixture to hers and she began beating the mixture.

I poured in the nuts as she continued to knead the mixture, which had now turned into a thick dough. We rolled the dough and cut out different shapes. We then placed them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven on 400 degrees.

“How long do they have to stay inside?” I asked her.

“Read the recipe.” She replied mocking me. I laughed. “Twenty to thirty minutes or until brown.” I nodded.

“You want me to beat you in a game of pool?” I asked her.

“Nah, I’ll beat you.” She said as she raced out of the kitchen and ran upstairs. I chuckled following her. When I got up there she had already gotten her pool stick and racked the balls. Damn she was fast.

“So same bet?” She asked.

“Sure, ladies first.” I told her. She busted the balls and ended up getting stripes by knocking in two of them.

“I got this one in the bag.” She said.

“I doubt it” I replied hitting in four of my balls before it was her turn to go again. I stood behind her as she bent over the table aiming for a good shot. I stared at her body. She had me mesmerized. She was beautiful and her body was incredible, not to mention that I liked the way she talked to me. She always had a smart come back or rude remark. She knew how to handle her own. I had to get her to turn her attention to guys.

“Terry?” She called out. I broke my gaze away from her body and realized that she had turned around and was looking at me. She had a smile placed on her face telling me that she had caught me.

“Yea?”

“What were you looking at?” She asked with a chuckle. She already knew that I was looking at her; she just wanted to hear me say it.

“Nothing.” I replied as I walked over to the table.

“It didn’t look like nothing.” She said with a smile.

“Well what do you want me to say?” I asked as I neared her.

“The truth.” She replied.

“You love the fact that I think you’re sexy don’t you?” I told her as I closed the distance between us. “You want me to chase after you. You love the fact that I want you.” I said as I stood right in front of her.  I placed my hand on the small of her back and pulled her closer to me.

“Terry,” She said as I moved my face closer to hers. I pressed my lips against hers lightly. Her lips were smooth and soft and moved against mine perfectly. I bit down lightly on her lower lip and she gasped opening her mouth giving me entrance.  I inserted my tongue into her mouth reaching for hers and she pulled away.

“Terry,” She said stepping back. I looked at her. I was not expecting the kiss to be that good and it wasn’t even a long kiss. I mean I couldn’t explain what flowed through me when my lips met up with hers.

“We should go check on the food.” She finally got out.

“After you.” I said while gesturing with my hands. She walked out the room and down the stairs. We peeked into the oven and the cakes looked browned. I pulled them out and sat them on the stovetop.

“I want to try one.” She said getting excited. I laughed.

“Help yourself. This was our trial anyway.” I told her. She picked up one and bounced in her hand because it was hot. I laughed. She bit a piece.

“Terry these are so good. Try a piece.” She said shoving it in my mouth. It was really good, but it wasn’t mouth-shoving good. She laughed.

“Sorry,” She murmured mouth full of cake. I laughed. I heard the door open and my dad walked in.

“Mr. C try some of our cake we made.” I laughed. Brielle loved my Dad. I swear every time she was over here they bonded. She had even told my Dad that she wasn’t into guys. My Dad was a cool guy and my friends usually always did find it easy to talk to him. Some friends even liked my Dad more than they did me.

My Dad made his way into the kitchen. “You two made it?” He questioned.

“Yea,” She replied.

“I’ll pass.” He said laughing.

“Mr. C come on they’re good.” She said as she placed one on a napkin and gave it to him. My Dad sniffed it and then hesitantly brought his mouth to it.

“It’s good Dad. Hurry up and eat it.” He laughed and took a bite.

“This is good.” He said.

“See we told you Mr. C.” Brielle stated.

“What are you two up to?” he asked.

“Nothing just testing out this recipe for our project.”

“Yall have been hanging out a lot, especially for someone not to be into guys.” My Dad said. He always did talk too much and that was definitely not the thing to say at the moment.

“We’re doing a project.” I reminded him.

“Yea, of course.” He said looking from me to Brielle. She laughed. “Did you get your mail?” he asked.

“Yup,” I replied. I wish he would just throw the mail away instead of bringing it to my room, it always ended up in the trash anyway.

“You want to go watch a movie?” I asked her.

“Actually I should get going. I’ll see you at school tomorrow though.”

“You need a ride?” I asked her.

“No, I drove.” She told me.

“Bye Mr. C.” She said as I walked her out. I walked her down to her car.

“Are we even going to talk about what happened?” I asked her.

“Not if we don’t have to.” She replied.

“Why not?”

“Because it was nothing.” She said stinging me a little bit.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I told her.

“Bye Ters.”

“Bye B!” I said before she got in her car and drove off.

Brielle

I walked into my first class. I was tired and ready for this day to be over with. I saw Terry occupying his seat. I couldn’t believe that we had kissed last night. It was crazy!

“Hey,” I said as I went and sat next to him.

“What’s up B?” He replied. I actually liked the fact that he called me B. It was a nice nickname.

“Do we not have a teacher?” I asked him looking around.

“Not as of now.” He replied. I sat down in my desk next to him.

“So what do we do?”

“What do you want to do?” He questioned.

“Let’s ditch.” I said.

“Where are we going?” he asked.

“Anywhere.” I replied.

“What do you see me as B?” He asked.

“A good friend that I felt like I could trust right off the back.” I replied not getting where this was coming from.

“Let’s go,” He said rising from his desk accepting my answer. I walked out of the classroom next to him. We made our way to the parking lot and took his car.

“Where do you want to go?” He asked.

“Can we just go to your place?” I asked him.

“Sure,” He replied. We stayed silent the whole ride back to his place. Once we got there I got out the car and walked up to his front door. It was open so I walked inside and was heading to the stairs.

“Oh my gosh,” I said as I quickly turned around finding Terry. I buried my face into his chest.

“What’s up with you?” He asked.

“Tell your Dad I’m so sorry.” I told him.

“Why?”

“Uhm he kind of was in the middle of something.” I said still not removing my face from his chest.

“Terry what are you doing here?”His Dad asked.

“School got canceled.” He lied. His Dad sighed.

“Go upstairs.” He demanded. Terry laughed.

“It was a little early for that wasn’t it?” Terry said.

“Go!” He said once again.

“Okay, come on B.” He said to me

“Sorry Mr. C” I yelled. Terry laughed and guided me upstairs. I stepped away from him once we had made it up there. I went and flopped down on the couch in the big room.

“Move over,” He said pushing me over. I groaned. He spread out laying down causing me to sit up. I laid against his chest. We were silent for awhile so I decided to interrupt it.

“Terry I trust you a lot and I don’t know why. I wouldn’t hang out with any other guy as much as I hang out with you, because of how much they would be trying to get in my pants. You don’t. I mean you give me compliments a lot, but they make me smile.” I admitted out of nowhere. He chuckled.

“Even after last night?” He questioned.

“Yup,” I replied. “You know the most about me at this school and you haven’t even been here for two months.”

“Well I just have a charming personality that draws you in.” He stated.

“Yea you do.” I told him. “Where’s your mom?” I asked

“I don’t know,” he replied. I looked at him telling him to explain. “She left a long time ago and it’s just been me and my Dad.” He added.

“Do you miss her?” I asked him.

“No, after she left my Dad told me that he would never leave me and that he would take me everywhere he went. That was all I needed.” I told him.

“That’s why you don’t mind all the moving?”

“No, at least he thought to bring me along.”  He was still heartbroken over his mom leaving him.

“My mom..you met her. We obviously don’t get along great and my Dad is barely home. I’m pretty sure he’s having an affair.” I had no clue why I was telling him all of this, but It all just seemed to be rolling out.

“She blames me.” I blurted. “My brother, he died a few years back. He had come to get me because I had gotten drunk one night and called him. On our way back that night we were hit by a drunk driver. He lost his life. I didn’t.”

“They don’t blame you B, It wasn’t your fault.” He said sitting up and grabbing my face to make me look at him.

“They do, the night I stayed over here late was his death’s anniversary. I didn’t want to go home. I knew she was drinking. Last time she told me that she wished I was dead and that she wanted her son back instead of a worthless daughter that wasn’t worth anything. She hates the fact that I don’t date guys and that I’m not normal.” I got out. Terry wiped the tears that were trailing down my face.

“Listen to me B. You’re normal and you are lucky to be alive. It wasn’t your fault. There was no way to know that a drunk driver was going to hit you. It wasn’t your fault.” He repeated to me. He pulled me into a hug and I sobbed into his chest. This was the first time that I had told anybody about this. It was the first time that I had trusted somebody as much as I trusted Terry and I had no clue why I trusted him so much. I just did.  He rubbed my back and ran his hands through my hair. He was exactly what I needed because I didn’t know how much longer I would last in this judgmental hypocritical town.

After my crying ceased I pulled away from Terry wiping at my face. “Thanks Terry, for listening.” I said.

“No problem! I’ll always be here to listen, anytime. So just let me know.” He said.

“Okay,” I said.

“Now let me beat your ass in some pool.” He said trying to lighten the situation. I laughed.

“I’m so glad you came to this town.” I told him honestly.

“Me too.” He said with a smile. I smiled back and headed over to the pool table. I was going to beat his ass.

Terry and I walked out to his car. I got in on the passenger side as he did the same on the driver’s side. He cranked up the car.

“You should let me drive.” I told him.

“Do you even know how to drive a stick?” he asked.

“No,” I replied “But you can teach me. I’m sure.” I told him.

“I definitely can,” he replied.

“So teach me,” I told him.

“I will, but not tonight. I’m not ready to allow someone to drive my baby.” He said petting the dashboard.

“Oh puh-lease. You guys and your cars.” I said.

“We love our cars.” He stated.

“I can see,” I said. He laughed.

“I promise I will let you drive, one day. Only special girls get that privilege. You should be honored.” He stated.

“Oh really?” I questioned.

“Yup,” he replied.

“So I am special to you?” I questioned.

“What?” He questioned.

“You said only special girls get the privilege to drive your car and you said you would let me drive just not today.” I explained. He chuckled.

“I guess you are.” He replied. I could feel the blush rising on my face.

“What? You’re blushing on me again?” He asked. I laughed.

“Stop, don’t rub it in.” I said trying to hide my face. He chuckled.

“You’re cute when you blush though.” He said. “I’m a have to start making you do it on purpose.” He added.

“Please don’t” I pleaded. “It’s already embarrassing enough.”I said as he came to a halt in the parking lot.

“No it isn’t,”

“Yea it is Terry, you laugh every time I do it.” I told him.

“I won’t laugh anymore. I promise.” He told me.

“Thanks.”

“No problem” he said.

“Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulder today.” I said.

“Any time.” He replied.

“You’re great.”

“I know.”

“And you just ruined it.” He laughed.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said.

“Alright bye,” I said before getting out his car. I walked over to my car and got inside. I waved at him after I had cranked my car up. I didn’t want to leave from his presence. He was one of the only people that didn’t judge me or persistently try to get in my pants. He was a nice guy and he always made me feel good about myself. I liked spending time with him, probably way more than I should.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.4K 26
"You make me weak. You make me mad, you make me crazy." he breathes, staring me in my eyes. "What am I saying.." he chuckles and stares at my twiddli...
135K 4.3K 30
Olivia Brooks was a normal girl. She was in the middle of the social ladder and had a bunch of good friends. Her only problem was the huge crush she...
45.5K 543 8
Braine Jennings knew her senior year would be different. She is ready to finally figure out who she is and what it is that she wants, and is determin...
55.5K 1.1K 19
Paige was always one of the popular girls, but never had a boyfriend before in her life, or even talked to boys at all. So when Brandon Dowey- one of...