Sacrifices

By hana_hopeful

A story of arrange marriage between Ansh and Avni. This is a story which depicts the sacrifices everyone mak... More

characters
PROLOGUE
Chapter -1
CHAPTER 2
Chapter-3
SORRY
CHAPTER 4
Thank You Everyone
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER-6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER-8
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER-12
Not An Update
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER-14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER-16
Chapter 17
CHAPTER-18
CHAPTER-19
Chapter 20- The End
Not An Update
EPILOGUE
Happy New Year
BONUS 2
Enough of bad comments

CHAPTER-9

34.7K 1.3K 87
By hana_hopeful

That night after Ansh left the room, he didn't come back. He couldn't see her crying and at the same, he didn't want to go and console her. He was disappointed and hence decided to spend the night in the guest room. Avni waited for him till late night but when he didn't come back she went to search for him. Later she found a guest room was opened and realized that he must be here. She went back to her room. She laid on the bed and cried her heart out. That night all three slept empty stomach. After the incident, no one was interested in eating.

The next day, Avni woke when she felt light on her face. She looks around to see from where light was entering the room and found that the windows were open. She must have forgotten to close them and realized that because of that she was feeling cold yesterday. Her head was feeling heavy. 'Might be from crying so much.' Soon yesterday's event came back to her and she felt tears in her eyes. She controlled herself and checked the phone to see the time. "Ohh god it's already 8. I have so many works to do." She quickly got up and went to the bathroom. She had to take a cold bath as she had forgotten to switch on the Water heater also. She knew bathing in cold water in such cold weather would make her sick but she ignored it. She quickly got ready and once again before going out of the room, she looked at the empty bed. She promised herself that she is going to solve it today.

After doing the morning prayer, Avni headed towards the kitchen to make breakfast. Since it was already late, she decided to make simple breakfast. She made sandwiches and juice for the breakfast. She had just finished placing everything on the table when Ganga and Sakshi entered the dining room. Ganga and Sakshi took their seat and started having their breakfast. Soon Ansh also joined them. The three were sensible enough to not let Ganga know about their fight. Seeing Ansh tears filled Avni's eyes. She knew he was avoiding her. And that was killing her. The breakfast table was weirdly too silent today. Ganga saw that Avni was not having her breakfast. Instead, she was standing near a chair and continuously looking at Ansh who was not even giving her a single chance. She was now having a doubt that something must have happened but decided to not interfere it. She wanted them to solve it on their own as it is a husband-wife matter.

"Bahu why are not eating your breakfast?" Avni shifted her gaze from Ansh and looked at grandma. "Grandma I will eat later. I have some wo..." Avni couldn't complete her sentence as she started sneezing. She went on continuously sneezing for nearly 7 times. Both Ansh and Sakshi looked at her with a worried look. Ansh wanted to get up from his seat and go to her but controlled himself. "Bahu are you alright? Why are you sneezing so much?" "I am fine grandma. It's just because of cold weather." "Wear proper winter clothes. This time the weather is really very cold. You are wearing just a shawl. It won't protect you from winter. Wear at least a sweater under it." It was when his dadi said that Ansh realized that Avni was not wearing proper winter clothes. He was now getting more angry at her carelessness. She was not taking care of her properly and he didn't like it. He decided to go to his office and he will talk to her when he is calm.

"I am going to the office," Ansh said and got up from his seat. Everyone looked at him. Before going he turned towards both of them. "I will be late today so you two better stay at home." Avni knew he was still angry at yesterday's incident and that's why he was indirectly warning them. He took his laptop bag and went from there but before giving his grandmom a slight kiss on the cheek. Avni, as usual, followed him to the door. But unlike every day he didn't acknowledge her presence. Just as he was going out through the door, Avni once again began sneezing. He stops in his tracks and turned back. He didn't want her to follow him till outside as she will get affected by the cold outside. "Don't you have work. Don't follow me. Go, do your work." He said rudely and went from there. Avni got frozen on the spot listening to his cold words. She couldn't understand the meaning of his words. She felt hurt by his words and this time tears rolled down her cheeks. She stood there and silently cried.

"Avni." On hearing Sakshi calling her, Avni wiped her tears. She went to the dining room and found Sakshi was there alone. "Sakshi you were calling me?" Sakshi looked at her with a sad and worried expression. She knew because of her Avni and Ansh were fighting and she felt guilty. She had decided today she is going to wait for Ansh and tell him everything.

"Sakshi... Sakshi.." Sakshi came out of her thoughts when she heard Avni calling her name. "Huh?" "Where were you lost?" "Ohh nothing." "Why did you call me?" "Ohh.. that.. dadi was calling you to give her medicines." "Ohh yeah. I forgot about it." Avni once again started sneezing. "Avni are you seriously okay?" "Yeah..*sneeze* ... I..*sneeze*..am *sneeze*..fine." "Avni are you kidding me? You are continuously sneezing from that time." "I am fine Sakshi. I will go and give medicines to dadi." Avni left from there while Sakshi sat down thinking what to do and how to talk to her brother. She knows it's not easy to approach him when he is angry. It was going to be tuff but she was going to to do it no matter what.

That night both waited for Ansh. Avni was waiting for him in their room while Sakshi was waiting for him in the living. Throughout the day, Avni was not feeling well but ignored it and waited for him. While waiting Avni soon slept while Sakshi waited for him till 1. She too felt sleepy and decided to call it a day. It was nearly 2 when Ansh came back. He didn't have much work but then he didn't want to go home early so decided to stay late at the office.

Two days went by and the same routine followed. Ansh coming home late and while those two stay up late waiting for him but give and sleep. During these two days, Avni had become weak and pale. She was skipping her meal or was eating very little. She was missing him. At the same time due to cold she was suffering from fever but paid no attention to her health. Sakshi and Grandma noticed her and every time they tried to stop her working, she never listened to them.

It was the third day and Sakshi and enough. It was nearly 7 at evening. Today Avni was having a high fever but still, she was working. Sakshi and Grandma tried their best to stop her but she didn't listen to them. To distract her mind she kept on working. Sakshi and Grandma were now sitting in the drawing room, deciding what to do. "Grandma, I had enough. These two are too stubborn. We need to do something." "What are you going to do Sakshi?" "I am going to the office to talk to bhaiya." "He won't like it Sakhsi." "I don't care, grandma. Its high time we need to do something. I am going. Just don't tell Avni." "Okay, go then."

As soon as the car stopped in front of the building, Sakshi quickly got out of the car and went straight towards the elevator. Ansh's cabin was on the top floor. And as everyone knew she is the daughter of Arjun Ahuja, no one dared to stop. Soon Sakshi reached the top floor and went towards his cabin. She didn't even bother to knock before entering his cabin.

Ansh looked up from his when he heard someone entering the room without his permission. He felt irritated at the one who entered the room without entering his cabin without permission. But when he saw it was his sister, he was shocked. He checked his watch and when he saw it was nearly 7:40 he got angry. "What are you doing here? Why did you leave the house at such time without my permission." Sakshi was now irritated at his brother's questions. "Do you even talk to me that I will inform you anything. Leave me, do you even talk to your wife?" Ansh realized that Sakshi must have come to talk about that incident. "It's a husband-wife matter, don't interfere." "The hell I will interfere," Sakshi shouted. Ansh was angry at both Sakhi's behavior and way of talking. He got up from his sit. "Don't you dare talk to like that." Sakshi realized that she was wrong. "I am sorry but I had enough bhaiya. We both wait for you every night just to talk to you. Clear the misunderstanding but you always come late. Always leave after you have breakfast." "What misunderstanding are you talking about? You both left grandmom alone when she was sick." "And it's my fault." "Not only you, its also Avni's fault. I know you are irresponsible and careless but she. She is the daughter-in-law of the house. Doesn't she have some responsibility towards the family? And she did what? She is so irresponsible and careless. I never expected that from her. She left grandma alone. How..." Before Ansh could complete her sentence, Sakshi stops him in between.

"Are you even listening to yourself? You think Avni is irresponsible and careless. Do you even know what happened that day? I was the one who forced her to go shopping with me." "Then she could have said no." "She did... In fact it the last minute she was saying no but grandma made her go. And about informing you. After it was decided that we are going for shopping, the first thing she did was to take out her phone to call you. But I snatched it from her and said her that I will inform you. Both me and grandma decided not to inform you as we knew you won't allow us to go. After that, I by mistake left the phone on the table. She thought all this time her phone was with me but later we realized I had left it at home." Ansh was now shocked when she learned the truth. He had made a mistake by avoiding her, scolding her and ignoring her. "Why didn't you say it to me earlier? Why didn't she say me anything?" "Did you give us a chance to talk to you. Leave that, did you even give a glance to your wife. If you had, you would have seen her becoming pale and having a high fever." Now it was another shock for Ansh. He had noticed something was off about her but he didn't pay attention. "What?" "Yes. From two days she is having a fever but still, she is doing her duties. Even after telling her so many times she is not listening. Today she is having her fever. Her skin is burning but still from morning she is working. She..."

Even before Sakshi could finish what she was saying, Ansh quickly packed his things and went out of his room. Sakshi followed her brother, knowing very well that he is worried about Avni. Soon both sat inside his car and he tried to reach home as fast as he could.

On reaching home, Ansh found grandma sitting in the room. "Where is Avni?" "In her room. I scolded her and sent her to her room." Ansh quickly went upstairs. When he entered the room, he found Avni sleeping on the bed. He went to her and touch her forehead to check her fever. When Avni felt someone's touch she opened her eyes and found Ansh in front of her. "Ansh ji.." Avni tried to get up but Ansg stopped him. "Don't get up. Rest. I am sorry Avni." "Ansh ji..." "Shhh... Don't say anything. Just rest." Avni closed her eyes and tried to sleep while Ansh went to freshen up.

"Avni...Avni..." Avni felt someone shaking her lightly and tried to open her eyes. Her body was aching badly. She opened her eyes and found Ansh with food plate in his hand. "come on. Let's eat something, have your medicine and then you can sleep." "No Ansh ji. I don't want to eat anything." "No.. no.. it's not good for health." Ansh kept the plate on the side table and then helped Avni to sit. He feeds Avni with his own hands. Both had their dinner and Ansh went downstairs to keep the plate. He came back and gave medicines to Avni. Avni had them and then Ansh helped to lay down. Ansh soon entered the blanket and held Avni closed to him." After some time he felt his shirt getting wet and Avni slightly shaking. He got worried. "Avni are you alright? Why are you crying?" Avni shook her head and snuggled more closely at him to not let him see her tears. Avni pulled her bit away from and made her look at him. "Why are you crying Avni?" "I missed you Ansh ji. I missed you so much... I was hurt when you said I disappointed you. I felt bad when you ignored me. I am sorry Ansh Ji... I am really sorry." Avni cried even more and hugged him. "Shhh... it's not your fault, Sakshi told me everything... I am sorry... I should have listened to you. I should have believed that you are more responsible than others. I shouldn't have ignored you. I am sorry. But please because of me don't neglect your health. It hurts to see you like this." Ansh pulled her even closer. It felt heaven to have her in his arms after so many days.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as i had promised, here is an update. It a long one. I hope it can make up the delay... i am not edited it so there might be some mistakes... i request you all, please ignore them.

Have a nice reading :) 

Hope you all like it...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

793K 29.8K 77
Highest Rank #1 - Destiny #1 - Truth #1 - Marriage #2 - India #2 - Faith Book 1 of Raichand - Mehra - Malhotra Series * Editing In Process * What...
84.4K 3.7K 51
π•Ύπ–™π–—π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–— 𝖙𝖔 π–’π–ž 𝖒𝖆𝖓 is a heartwarming tale of two contrasting souls brought together in matrimony, where the clash of personalities evo...
1.3M 65.1K 85
Started: June 12, 2020 Ended: May 5, 2022 Status: Completed Editing: In process Description: When people around the world are getting divorce and s...
579K 26.9K 48
Arranged Marriages in India are common. Arranged Marriage between two powerpack business houses is common, as well. But what are the complications on...