Delighted To Love You: A Dram...

By HP4lyfe2020

This is the sequel to Fated to Love You and picks up right after the birth of Draco and Hermione's first chil... More

Part 1: Chapter 1
Part 1: Chapter 2
Part 1: Chapter 3
Part 1: Chapter 4
Part 1: Chapter 5
Part 1: Chapter 6
Part 1: Chapter 7
Part 1: Chapter 8
Part 1: Chapter 9
Part 1: Chapter 10
Part 1: Chapter 11
Part 1: Chapter 12
Part 1: Chapter 13
Part 2: Chapter 1
Part 2: Chapter 2
Part 2: Chapter 3
Part 2: Chapter 4
Part 2: Chapter 5
Part 3: Intro
Part 3: Chapter 1
Part 3: Chapter 2
Part 3: Chapter 3
Part 3: Chapter 4
Part 3: Chapter 5
Part 3: Chapter 6
Part 3: Chapter 7
Part 3: Chapter 9
Part 3: Chapter 10
Part 3 Chapter 11
Part 3: Chapter 12
Part 3: Chapter 13
Part 3: Chapter 14
Part 3: Chapter 15
Part 3: Chapter 16
Part 3: Chapter 17
Part 3: Chapter 18
Part 3: Chapter 19
Part 3: Chapter 20
Part 3: Chapter 21
Part 3: Chapter 22
Epilogue
Part 4: Bonus Chapters
Part 4: Chapter 1
Part 4: Chapter 2
Part 4: Chapter 3
Part 4: Chapter 4
EXCITING NEWS!!
Part 4: Chapter 5
Part 4: Chapter 6
Part 4: Chapter 7
Part 4: Chapter 8
Part 4: Chapter 9
Part 4: Chapter 10
Part 4: Chapter 11
Part 4: Chapter 12
Part 4: Chapter 13
Part 4: Chapter 14

Part 3: Chapter 8

5.7K 159 78
By HP4lyfe2020

International Young Wizards Competition: Hogwarts Preliminary Round

James Potter - 7th Year

Scorpius Malfoy - 7th Year

Albus Potter - 6th Year

Rose Weasley - 6th Year

Athena Malfoy - 5th Year

Taylor Nott - 5th Year

Thomas Nott - 5th Year

Narcissa Jo Malfoy - 4th Year

Lily Potter - 4th Year

Lyra Malfoy - 2nd Year

October 31, 2022

"Harry what are you doing?" Hermione asked from her seat without looking up from the parchment she was studying.

"Huh? Oh nothing."

"Well then can you sit down and stop pacing? You're making me nervous."

"You're not already nervous?" he asked with a sigh and sat down next to her.

Hermione looked out the window of the Hogwarts Express before looking back over at her best friend.

"No. Why should I be?"

"'Mione you remember all of the criticism I received when I was in the triwizard tournament and now all of my children and Dudley's son are participating in this competition. You saw what the prophet said when the contestants were announced."

"They did have some rather nasty things to say about our children as well," she replied thoughtfully. "But you know that's just what they do! They try to stir up controversy to keep their papers selling. Their views don't necessarily reflect the views of the entire wizarding community."

He sighed. "I guess you're right. I just don't want any of them to deal with what I went through."

Hermione leaned her head on his shoulder. "Those were different times. Besides, the kids have us. They'll be fine."

The door to their compartment slid open and Draco and Ron walked in arguing about who would get to introduce Hermione.

"She's been my best friend for thirty years!" Ron said sitting down next to Ginny who was fast asleep.

"And she's my wife!" Draco refuted, taking the empty seat on Hermione's other side.

"How about I just introduce myself?" Hermione said, instantly shutting the both of them up.

"But 'Mione--" Ron started.

"No. You two have had a week to settle this and you're still bickering like children. The smart, rational, mature thing to do would have been for both of you to introduce me but since you can't stop arguing, I'll do it myself."

Ron and Draco glared at each other but didn't say anything further. They both knew it was pointless to argue with Hermione once she had made up her mind.

They were met at the station by Hagrid and rode up to the castle in the carriages. Hermione smiled sadly as she watched the thestrals trot along the pathway, reminiscing of a time when she could not see them.

Professor McGonagall walked them into the great hall where the other professors were setting up for the competition as well as the Halloween feast. Ginny was walking around taking notes and pictures, as her editor had asked her to help cover the competition.

They were briefly introduced to the judges; a group of five witches and wizards from various foreign magical governing bodies. A short while after they arrived, students began to file in and take their seats at their house tables. The contestants filed into a classroom near the great hall to receive their instructions from Hermione and the rest of the committee.

"Happy Halloween," Hermione greeted them with a smile. "In a few moments you will all enter the great hall and take your assigned seat--"

Lily Potter raised her hand and Hermione swore she could see Ginny rolling her eyes in the corner.

"Yes Miss Potter?"

"When will we be assigned seats?"

"If you'll allow me to continue, I will assign you your seats in a few moments. As I was saying, you will be seated randomly by year and given numbers to identify yourselves--"

Lily's hand was in the air again.

"Miss Potter, I'm sure all of your questions will be answered if you wait for me to finish speaking," she said, trying not to laugh as Lily quickly put her hand down after glancing over at her mother who was glaring at her.

"The competition will consist of randomized questions appropriate for students of each year. All students will be asked an equal amount of questions per subject matter. With the exception of first year students, all contestants will be required to transfigure one item. You will hear all of this explained again once we've gone inside but we want to make sure you have a clear understanding before we begin. The four students from each year with the lowest scores will be eliminated today. Any questions?"

When no one spoke, she continued. "If you'll line up over here please you'll receive your number."

"Alright Al?" Scorpius asked as he pinned his number to his robes.

"He hasn't spoken since we got in here," Athena said, concern laced in her voice. "He didn't even respond when Aunt Ginny said hello to him. I'm worried."

Albus shook his head and wiped his sweaty palms on his robes. "I'll be fine 'Thena; Don't worry about me," he said with a shaky smile. "I'm going to go talk with my dad really quick. I'll be right back."

"Don't be long Al, we have to line up in a few minutes," Scorpius said as Albus walked quickly over to Harry.

"Hey dad. Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Sure son, just a second. Teddy, I want you and Smith covering the doors and relay my instructions about the spectators to Johnson."

Alright dad. Good luck Albus!" Teddy said, ruffling his hair before exiting the room.

"What's wrong son?" Harry asked, observing the panicked expression on Albus' face.

"I'm nervous! This kind of thing is James and Lily's forte. I'd much rather be in the audience."

"I know how you feel. I hate being in the spotlight too. This whole thing is taking me back to the triwizard tournament in my mind and I don't like it one bit. But, I'll tell you what Hermione always told me. Just do your best and that's good enough. As long as you try. If you don't make it past this round, then so what. Your mum and I are proud of you either way."

Albus gave him a weak smile. "You're right dad. Thanks."

"Anytime son. Now go on; I think Athena's arm might fall off from waving you over," Harry said with a laugh.

Albus looked over and laughed before running over to take his place in line behind her.

********************

"Contestant number fourteen," Hermione called.

Albus inhaled sharply and walked up to the front on shaky legs.

"What plant lives on a diet of chizpurfles and its seeds are class C non-tradable?"

Albus hesitated before answering. "V,v,venomous tentacula?"

"Correct."

Albus let out a breath as he returned to his seat and the crowd applauded politely.

It was halfway through the competition and Albus was fairly certain he was going to be eliminated as he had missed a fair number of questions already and his attempt at the bird conjuring charm had gone horribly wrong.

Athena, Lyra and James were doing extremely well. Lyra hadn't missed a single question and she had done an excellent job turning her beetle into a button for the transfiguration challenge. Scorpius was right around the middle of the pack in his year but Jennifer and James were battling it out for the top spot in their year.

"Contestant number twenty-two," Hermione called after a first year Hufflepuff student incorrectly answered a question about the Gargoyle Strike of 1911.

Athena stepped up and easily vanished the mouse presented to her. She flashed Albus a smile as she headed back to her seat.

This went on for another thirty minutes before Hermione announced the end of the preliminary competition. The contestants returned to their house tables as the final scores were tallied by the judges.

Professor Longbottom stepped up to announce the students who were to continue on to the Hogwarts semifinals. "Let's give a round of applause to all of the students who participated in today's competition." He paused as the great hall erupted in loud cheers.

"I will now announce the students who will advance to the next round of competition which will take place right after the Christmas Holiday."

Albus could hardly breathe as Professor Longbottom announced the first years. On the one hand, being eliminated would rid him of the crushing anxiety he was currently feeling. On the other hand, it would be embarrassing to be eliminated in the preliminaries.

Athena nudged him and he looked up.

"...Second years: Lyra Malfoy, Bobby Johnson, Sue Stevens and Josephine Matthews...fourth years: Jacob Lee, Lily Potter, Karen O'Malley and Mohammed Seif...fifth years: Jason Dursley, Taylor Nott, Thomas Nott and Athena Malfoy.

"Sixth years: Rose Weasley, Jackson Smith, Brittany Joseph and Malachi Martin. Seventh years: James Potter, Jennifer Boseman, Mark Rowell and Nina Jackson. Congratulations to our semi finalists."

Albus let out a breath he didn't know he was holding as the students applauded and Professor McGonagall stepped up to open the Halloween feast.

"Congratulations 'Thena," Albus said as food appeared on the table in front of them.

She smiled softly at him. "Thank you Al. I'm sorry you didn't make it. You too Scorpius."

They both shrugged. "It's whatever," Scorpius said with a grin. "I'm sure my little sisters will represent the family well."

Athena beamed at her big brother and dug into her meal. Albus glanced over at Scorpius. He knew that Scorpius was putting on a brave face and was likely upset with the outcome; He hated losing to James.

Albus himself, however, felt relieved. He truly had done the best he could and it just so happened that it wasn't enough. He was proud that he had seen it through and he knew his dad would be proud of him too.

The rest of the fall semester passed without incidence and soon they were all on the Hogwart's Express headed home for Christmas. The Malfoy, Potter and Nott kids had all managed to squeeze into a single compartment along with Rose Weasley and James' girlfriend Jennifer.

James was in the middle of retelling the story of Teddy and Victoire bringing their baby home for Christmas two years prior when the door to their compartment opened revealing Marco Zabini.

Taylor greeted him enthusiastically but everyone else remained silent. They hadn't really talked to him since the beginning of the semester when he manipulated people into voting Athena and Albus into the International Young Wizard's Competition.

"Can I just say for the thousandth time, how sorry I am?" he started. "I know what I did was wrong but I can't stand us not being friends."

Athena huffed angrily and glared at him. "You should have thought about that before you did what you did. You can't just expect us to--"

"That's enough Athena," Albus said gently. "I think he's suffered enough."

"But Al--" Athena started but stopped when she saw the look he was giving her. She crossed her arms across her chest angrily. "Fine. But don't sit next to me."

"You can sit next to me Marco!" Taylor said, shoving her twin off the seat next to her to make room for him.

He grimaced but sat down next to her.

"Anyway," James started again, keen to fill the deafening silence. "I swear I thought Uncle Bill was going to choke Teddy on the spot!"

Everyone burst out laughing at the memory and they enjoyed the rest of the ride home.

********************

"Draco I'm headed to Ginny's so she and I can go pick up the kids from King's Cross. Do you need anything while I'm out?"

"No love but thank you for asking," he replied. "Thanks for having lunch with me."

She smiled. "Of course darling. I'm off then! I'll see you at dinner."

Hermione gave Draco a kiss and headed out of his office, nodding at Michelle as she walked by her desk. She headed downstairs and out into the brisk December wind before finding a secluded place to apparate.

When she arrived at Ginny and Harry's, she heard shouting on the other side of the door. She knocked hesitantly and a moment later, Ginny opened the door with a finger to her lips.

Hermione followed her friend into the drawing room, confused as she heard Harry roaring in the kitchen. Ginny left her in the drawing room and went quietly back into the kitchen.

"Are you even listening to me Gin?! How could you do this without discussing it with me first?"

"I just thought it would be nice to have the entire family over for Christmas dinner."

Hermione frowned in confusion, listening to the conversation between her friends. As far as she knew, the entire family, and then some, would be at the Potter residence for Christmas.

"But the Dursleys Ginny!? You know what my relationship with them is like."

Hermione's jaw dropped. No way Ginny would invite those horrible, wizard hating muggles over.

"Not all of them Harry! You've talked to Dudley for quite some time now!"

"About his kids being wizards! That's the extent of my tolerance for him."

"Jason and James are friends and James asked if he could come for Christmas so I extended the invitation to Dudley and his wife. When I spoke with Dudley, he asked if his mother could come as well, as its her first Christmas since your uncle died--"

"The old bastard lived far too long for my taste," Harry mumbled angrily.

"Harry! That's a horrible thing to say!" Ginny replied, shocked at his statement.

"What the hell do you expect me to say Gin? 'Oh goody! The aunt and cousin who tortured me for all of my childhood are coming for Christmas'?"

Ginny was angry now. "No. But I do expect you to be polite and set a good example for our children on forgiveness and the importance of family."

Harry snorted. "Fat chance. I'm going back to work; We'll discuss this later," he replied storming into the drawing room and over to the fireplace so quickly he didn't even see Hermione sitting on the sofa.

He disappeared into the green flames and Ginny came into the drawing room shaking her head. "He's being so unreasonable," Ginny said, flopping onto the sofa next to Hermione.

Hermione stared at her in disbelief. "He's being unreasonable?! Ginny you know how badly the Dursleys treated him. He was abused and traumatized for years! Almost as badly as he was by things that happened with Voldemort."

"I know that! But what was I supposed to say!? We've denied to the kids that they're related to Jason and Janette for years but they know anyway. And Jason is a good influence on James; I'm glad that their friends."

Hermione's face softed. "I understand what you're trying to do, but maybe you should have talked to him about it first."

Ginny sighed. "You're right. I can be a bit impulsive at times, often to my detriment."

"At times Gin?" Hermione replied, shaking her head. "Whatever, let's get going; We don't want to be late getting the kids."

A/N Sorry for taking so long on this chapter but I got married on Friday! :)  Anyway. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year! Please vote, comment and follow! 

PS the family tree will be up on the next chapter. I left it at my dad's house and have to redo it smh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 358 24
One night was all it took for Hermione's life to change. A pregnant Hermione becomes devastated after finding Ron cheating and runs to someone Unexpe...
174K 4.2K 19
Hermione never thought that she'd end up pregnant and alone, but it seems that she is now stuck in such a predicament. She also never thought that Dr...
824 36 10
Growing up Gemini Patricia Malfoy was raised as one of the Heirs to Great and Noble House of Malfoy. Part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight Families, she is...
30.6K 664 20
Hermione Granger is transferred over to Slytherin to unlock her full potential by Professor McGonagall and not only is she a new Slytherin but she is...