Finding My Lost Self [to be e...

By Dark_Starlet

She's sarcastic. She was the girl who never cared what people said. She was far from a romantic; She was Oreo... More

Chapter 1 - Worst best day
Chapter 2 - Change
Chapter 3 - Who am I?
Chapter 4 - Surprises
Chapter 5 - The Bet And The Shock
Chapter 6 - "well don't worry i'm not a murderer"
Chapter 7 - How Could this Day Get Any Better?!
Chapter 8 - Peace And Fears
Chapter 9 - Desperation
Chapter 10 - Enemies, Frienemies, Or Friends?
Chapter 11 - Weekend Jerkface Style
Chapter 12 - Everybody's Running from the past
Chapter 13 - Four Words That Ruined Me
Chapter 14 - The Announcement
Chapter 16 - The Masquerade
Chapter 17 - What the...?
Chapter 18 - Now I'm officially a pervert. I'm going to hell.
Chapter 19 - "Well, I am a rude guy."
Chapter 20 - The 'Freak Your Friends' Award is Mine
Chapter 21 - Besides our screwed up love lives.
Chapter 22 - Great, now I would need an ear surgery.
Chapter 23 - I couldn't hurt an ant!
Chapter 24 - Grief could last too much longer.
Chapter 25 - "I really like the way you smell,"
Chapter 26 - What if he was eating our pizza queen?!
Chapter 27 - Personally, I'd rather end up as bacon.
Chapter 28 - He was an onion.
Chapter 29 - I was more stupid than a potato.
Chapter 30 - Wow, dude. You're whipped.
Chapter 31 - That felt like a freaking nuclear bomb!
Chapter 32 - Pfft, as if I would cheat.
A/N: Happy New Year!! (Update Info)
Chapter 33 - "More freaky than a child of Miley Cyrus and Kim Kardashian,"
Chapter 34 - Ain't nobody got time for that!
Chapter 35 - My Banana Ass Luck Decided To Slap Me
Chapter 36 - Here comes my knight with a shining shovel.

Chapter 15 - Mysteries, Dresses...Feelings?

4.9K 163 122
By Dark_Starlet

Dedicated to my sweet bestie @NoorJihad AND her 'diamond collection' and other fashion designs for being the awesome fashion designer she is. :D you could check them out at her instagram @Noor_Jihad.. :) She is and will always be my favorite designer.. ♥

Sorry I couldn't find pictures that matched the masks or shoes I had decribed there, so if any of you could help me with this, please PM me.. :D

Sam's dress (just imagine in purple and shorter), and Martina's dress are at the side>>

Hope you enjoy the long chapter! :)

_________________________________________________________

Chap. 15

Unknown's P.O.V.

I walked carefully through the hallway. getting closer to the dark room where my master had always waited for me when he called. I had never really known anything about him, not even his name. all I knew was he paid to do the job. sometimes he would be so angry. I prayed to god that he wouldn't be angry this time. I really hated doing this but I had to do it for the sake of my little sister and my loved ones.

My master was heartless. I never really wanted to do this but I was forced to. which was the worst part. And no, I wasn't a servant or a slave. I was something much, much worse. something that was too damn bad for an eighteen year old. something nobody would ever agree on being. but I had to do it.

I opened the big wooden door carefully when I had reached it. the smell of expensive cigarettes and leather filled my nostrils as I approached closer towards his mahogany wooden office. he looked at me from above his glasses, which looked scary if you asked me. his cold deep voice had filled the room as he spoke,

"why is your task getting later?" he asked quirking an eyebrow at me. I gulped nervously.

"s-sir," I stuttered, looking down then back up at him. "I couldn't reach to the target sooner. my appologies." I tried my best to make my voice sound steady and calm. if there was one thing that I was always scared of., it was my master.

"You know I chose you for this task because you were made for it. don't you?" he asked still in that cold tone. I nodded silently.

"then why did you have to disappoint me? I'm afraid to say that if this task wasn't done by the end of three months from now, you'd be done with." he continued, his voice getting colder and deeper each minute.

I gulped nervously. knowing what he meant. 'you'd be done with' meant, in brief, 'you would get killed at the moment' and I wasn't kidding myself. he knew that I knew pretty well what he meant.

"I'll try my best, master. the target shall be finished soon." I replied. I had nothing else to say. the thought of doing this again made me sick.

but I had to. for my family.

"I'm expecting some good work from you, ray. don't let me down." he said. I winced at the use of that name. I hated it.

'the ray' was my murderer name. yes. I was a murderer. something you pobably wouldn't find an eighteen year old doing on the whole earth. actually, I worked in something like a 'murdering agency' if you might call it so. people came to us to tell us whom they wanted dead, we killed them, and nobody knew anything after.

I never was a murderer until this summer. when someone had kidnapped my little sister and I went in search for her to get kidnapped myself, then to find her with this man's people. they took me to this castle. I was pretty frightened, to be honest. he offered me some money and the life of my sister and my loved ones in return. I was forced to agree. they had my little sister and one word to the police and they would have just killed my little sister, any family I had left and then, of course, me.

fortunately, they gave my sister some kind of drink that made her forget all of this. I wouldn't want her remembering me as a murderer. I wouldn't want her remembering me agreeing to be a murderer. she was young, yes. but she knew everything very well. she would probably hate herself for this. but it wasn't her fault. I just wanted to keep her safe.

I had murdered four people for now. four people whom I would never forget their faces. whom I would never forget the look of horror on their face when I shot them. I was getting nightmares every night because of this.

I let out a long sigh as I left that office. a major headache was starting to form inside my head. I've been thinking about this too much since I've been informed of this.

I don't even know if I was capable of this.

but I had no choice.

I had to do this mission. my master had said that this was the mission which I was set for. the reason of bringing me into that filthy trade in the first place. after this mission, I would have my freedom. I would live in some far place with my sister and all my loved ones and I would just have a peaceful life away from all this.

but if I didn't, I die.

but the problem was, this task was the most difficult.

I used to kill to protect my loved ones... 

but now, the target was one of my loved ones.

I had to murder Samantha Walters... the girl whom I had grown to Love.

Sam's P.O.V.

after the school day had ended. Martina and I were heading off to the mall to get our stuff for the dance. I was the one to drive as a part of my 'payement'.

the street was so crowded and the traffic was so bad today. of course, my black luck. I sighed as I went on driving slowly. the sounds of cars' horns were everywhere. I was getting more and more pissed off by the minute. hoping that this would end soon.

Finally, when we had reached the mall, I got out of my car and so did Martina. I passed by my mom and took her credit card on our way and Martina had her own with her already, so we could buy all we wanted without distraction.

"what are we getting first?" I asked her cheerfully as we entered the mall. she looked up at me with a grin.

"I don't know, I'm so excited oh my god!" She squealed, still grinning broadely. I smiled down at her. I knew pretty well that she was even more excited than she would ever be because of the earlier encounter with that Harold boy. I was happy for her. but I just wished that he would be good enough to take her out.

"What color are you wearing?" I asked.

"Black!" she exclaimed. I frowned at her. she blushed then spoke again. "hey! what did you expect, huh?" she defended then smiled sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes at her. "at least you know what color you're going to get." I muttered. she quirked an eyebrow at me.

"well, I know an awesome place where they sell dresses. the designer is running it herself. it's her own fashion line. she's got a series of stores but she stays at this branch most of the time. if she was there, she could get you something that is somehow unique and would fit you perfectly. she's really a talented and sweet person. I dealt with her twice before." she said with a smile.

I grinned at her. "really? that's just like... awesome!" I exclaimed. thanks to my stars that nobody had looked at me or I'd be redder than a bonfire by now.

Martina grinned back at me. "I know. her clothes are just like an illusion or something. she's one of the most famous fashion designers in paris. I'm pretty sure you'd love the stuff she makes." she said.

"I'm pretty sure I will, too." I said then smiled back at her.

One of the most famous designers in paris? wow. this must be... mind blowing. 

I've never really got designer clothes before this... or maybe I've never even actually cared about 'dress shopping' before...

we decided to buy the dresses later after we got the shoes later. Martina told me that we would get the masks with the dresses, 'cause apparently you have to match them. well, I've never gone to a masquerade before, and I barely went to any dances. so I didn't know much about these stuff. I'd just let Martina do the stuff and I decided to go with the flow.

when we entered a shoe shop, Martina went quickly towards those heels that felt comfy, for she wanted to look taller but she absolutely hated heels. I chuckled at her behavior as I followed her. I thought I really might find something there.

I went through the shoes as I looked carefully. the smell of leather filled my nose making me feel sick. I hated it to be honest. but I managed to stay alive through all this. I came across a pair of shoes that looked absolutely beautiful. they had a bow on the middle of the tips. it had also felt so comfortable. I asked one of the salesgirls for my size. she frowned at me a little then said she would look through the stocks.

wow, was my shoe size that bizzare, really?

I waited patiently as I stood awkwardly at the middle of the story. where did Martina go? I thought. she probably was somewhere in the large place. when the girl came back, she had a disappointed look on her face.

"I'm so sorry, miss. we don't have your size of that shoe." she said politely and I smiled at her helplessly.

"umm... could you help me choose another one, then?" I asked, hoping that she would be able to find my size of some good looking stuff.

this was one of the many times when I hated my feet for being too damn small. people always made fun of them, ugh.

the girl smiled at me politely. "of course, miss." she said with a smile then continued. "actually, I think we have a style that you would like. would you please follow me?" she asked with a smile and I nodded.

I followed her silently until we reached the very back of the store. "we have all sizes of these ones." she said. 

I looked before me and my jaw dropped at the sight. there were too many styles and they were all so elegant and beautiful. I mentally squealed as I scanned through the racks for something that might suit the way I was. and then I saw it.

there was a pair ofbeautiful high heeled sandals that had a little ribbon at the middle of each tip. I looked at the salesgirl, hoping that she could get my size from it.

"I like this one. I want a white one, please." I said with a smile as I pointed at where it sat on the racks.

"I think we have your size from this, miss. just hold on." she said with a polite smile then went to check the stocks for my size. I stood there and waited patiently for her to come back.

about five minutes later, she came back with a pink box that was striped with black horizontal lines along with the store's logo on it's top.

"here you are, miss. could you just try it on?" she asked with a smile. 

I smiled back at her and took the box "Okay, thank you." I said as I nodded.

I tried them on and they were my size. to say that I was satisfied was an understatement. "I'll take these." I told the girl with a grin. she nodded and we headed to the cashier.

as I was paying, I saw Martina approaching with a grin on her face. she had a pair of black stilettos in her hand. I quirked an eyebrow at her as she got nearer.

"Stilettos? I thought you hated heels?!" I said questioningly. she chuckled nervously at me.

"Oh, I'm okay with them." she said as if it was the easiest thing in the world. I knew that she would regret it later but I just brushed it off.

after we were done paying, we walked through the mall looking around for accessories and all that stuff. I bought a silver nail polish and she bought a red one. I didn't know what exactly we needed to get besides the dresses and the masks, which would be bought from that designer's store. I really was excited for this. we went on walking until I saw her.

Elena...

she was with Carmen Miller, Charlotte Perez, Sandy Walker and a bunch of other cheerleaders. she looked so happy with them, and to say it hurt was an understatement. lately, I've been too busy with what went on in my life that I almost forgot how much it hurt to see her dumping me like this. I tried to look away and just carry on walking but I couldn't. I just stood there.

I felt Martina tugging on my arm. this snapped me out of my zoning and I suddenly remembered where we were. I looked down at her and smiled weakely. She smiled back at me and we carried on walking.

we were about to pass right beside them when I heared someone calling out my name.

"Samantha," someone called. I looked behind me and I was totally shocked to see it was Ellie.

'And just now you remembered I exist?' I thought acidly then I just stood there as she approached me.

she finally stopped in fron of me and spoke "Samantha, what are you doing?" I rolled my eyes.

"isn't it obvious? shopping." I said in a 'duh' tone.

"no, I mean, what are you doing with that slut? don't you know her history?" she said in confusion. Martina flinched beside me. now I wanted to rip Elena's head off.

"slut? slut? what the fuck, Elena! She's my best friend." I said dryly. she looked shocked somehow.

"Oh, then what am I?" she said in confusion.

"You..." I trailed off. holding myself from responding in any emotional way for I knew I would just break down on the spot. I looked up at her and continued "You are the girl who dumped me for popularity, the girl who left me alone in my hardest times to just hang out with the cheerleaders, the girl who-" she cut me off.

"hey! don't expect me to be with you all the time!" she said defensively. "I have other friends, too. don't expect me to just leave them and spend my whole time without you." she said as if it was the most thing tht made sense.

now I was pissed off. "Oh, you mean you can't leave them and spend any time with me at all." I said acidly. 

"you're my best friend, I didn't-" she started but I cut her off.

"yes you did,Elena." I said then smiled up at her sadly.

"I'm so sorry, Sam. but you're the one who dumped me for that slut!" she bellowed.

"Shut up!" I said icily. "you know what you did to me, don't you?" I continued. she raised a questioning eyebrow at me.

"the minute you found 'better pretty people' you threw me away like and old toy, Elena. what do you call that? you broke me and brought out all my insecurities and you just expect me to forgive you with a 'sorry'? or it's just you realized how important I am when I found another friend? I hate to say this but YOU were the one who dumped me first. and I don't stay for those who dump me." I said with a weak smile

"you will regret this, Sam. I am the only one who's your best friend here. and when you're back. I won't be there for you." she said then just turned away. I could feel myself shaking.

here was the truth. bare and clear...

she didn't need me anymore.

I could feel Martina squeezing my hand lightly. I looked down at her and smiled. I realized that although I've known her for a very short time, she was ten times more worth it than Elena. and I was happy to have her. 'cause at least she didn't judge people by what she heard.

"thank you for standing up for me, Sam." Martina said with a warm smile. 

"What the hell, idiot? it was nothing!" I said as I grinned at her. "Now, let's go get those dresses!" I said cheerfully then she leaded me to that designer store she had told me about earlier.

when I had entered the store, my jaw was literally dropped at the sight. it was a very wide place and there were dresses and clothes of every type everywhere. the walls were a royal off white color and the floor was of black marble. there were many aisles and tons of styles everywhere. a beautiful girl in a red and white uniform smiled a us politely,

"May I help you?" she asked with a smile.

it was Martina who spoke "umm, yes. is Noor in here?" she asked with a smile. the girl nodded.

"Yes, she's in her office. please follow me." the girl said and we started following her until we had reached a huge white door. She pressed on a button and informed of our presence and a lady's voice said "come in".

the girl opened the door slowly and we stepped in. the office was so beautiful and neat. the walls were a classy shade of grey and there were many pictures of beautiful dresses designs which I assumed were some of the designer's works. there was a huge white carpet on the floor. there were two white couches on the right side of a huge mahogany office where a very elegant, beautiful young lady sat. she seemed to be writing or something.

we approached silently and then the girl spoke "they're here, sir." she said and the lady looked up at us. she seemed to be no older than twenty-two. she had her brownish-black hair pulled up in  ahigh pony tail and her clothes seemed so stylish when she stood up to greet us. a smile spread across her face and there was a glint in her hazel eyes as she seemed to recognize Martina's face.

"Martina, it's been a very long time!" she said in a very steady soft voice and hugged my best friend. I wondered in my head how come they were so close? they seemed to be friends or something.

"come on, sit down." she said and told the girl to get us something to drink. "what brings you and your beautiful friend here?" she asked with a smile.

Martina smiled back, "we have a masquerade in our school, you know. and we just needed something great to wear." Martina grinned at her.

"Oh if it wasn't for my beautiful cousin, then who would I give the great stuff." she said with a grin.

Wait, wait! cousins? Martina's cousin was a famous designer? wow that was like... pretty cool! I don't even know what my dad used to be and I don't think I'd ever have something as awesome as this.

"follow me," she said as she gestured for us to follow her. I was silent the whole time.

we went through an aisle then we went upstairs- yes, there were stairs, too- until we reached a place where there were tons of dresses everywhere. all of them looked so beautiful. I was so excited to try some of these on.

"these are the masquerade dresses I made. you shall find a matching mask with every dress. if you needed anything, just tell me okay." Said Noor with a smile and then she left us to ourselves.

"Hmm, what color are you wearing, Sam?" she asked and looked at me as she was rummaging through the racks.

I shrugged. "I don't know. my shoes are white so they would go with anything so, I don't know." I said uncertainly.

"I'm wearing black!" she exclaimed excitedly with a grin on her face.

"well, I guess I'll have to try a lot of stuff then." I said. she nodded "you definitely should." she replied.

Martina took no time in choosing her dress. after trying like three dresses, she landed on a on strapped black dress that was knee-length, at the waist it was made of white lace with a ribbon at the side and it had a puffy skirt. it looked really good on her for the contadiction between her white skin and the balck material. she was glowing. the mask was black with silver streaks here and there and it had feathers on the outilne.

Me, on the other hand, took what felt like two hours to choose a dress. after trying on over twenty dresses with no use. I was starting to give up.

"Hey, Martina. I got bored. what about 'I'm not going to that party'?" I complained for the tenth time. wishing that she would just listen to me this time.

"Hell no! we are not getting out of here before getting you a dress!" she said seriously. I sighed as she handed me a purple dress that was made mostly of lace.

It was a long dress made of light purple lace with a sky blue layer underneath only at the chest area and covering my lower part from the bottom of the waist until mid thigh, means there was lace alone around my stomach and at the part that flaunted from my mid-thighs to my feet, also it was one strapped and the strap was made of lace. this made me feel a tad uncomfortable, but then again, nothing was really visible. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror. the dress looked so elegant and beautiful. so unlike me.

I stepped out of the changing room and Martina beamed at me. "So?" I asked uncertainly as I turned around.

"You look dashing!" she exclaimed. I smiled at her and she handed me the mask to try it on. 

it was a sky blue mask with purple outlines at the eye openings. it also had some small glittery silver stars on it's sides. but it didn't have feathers. I liked it so much, it looked absolutely beautiful.

when we finally were done picking- well, I was done picking, 'cause martina already did a while ago- we went to the check desk and payed for our dresses. they were a little bit too pricey but believe me, it was worth it.

After we had left the mall, I dropped Martina by her nana's house and then headed to mine. Smiling lightly as I thought of next Saturday.

when I had reached home, it was quiet. my face fell when I remembered that my mom wouldn't be checked out of the hospital until tomorrow. Alex also wasn't there. so, here I was. all by myself. I sighed as I took my shopping bags and went upstairs.

I had a quick shower then slumped onto my bed. I had opened a novel and started reading it. I was so immersed into it when suddenly, my phone buzzed. I grabbed my phone to check it out. but my eyebrows furrowed in confusion when I saw who it was.

From: Tyler :$
hey, little Oreo (:

well, now that felt weird. it was the fist time he had ever texted me. and this felt so unhealthy, my heart was beating so fast without a specific reason. and seriously? just because I complained once that McDonald's didn't sell Oreos, didn't mean that he could call me 'little Oreo'. right? 

And now I was thinking like a boring weirdo. any other girl would be hyperventilating to have him text her and yet... here I was, doing and thinking nosense.

Vey smooth, Sam.

I started typing my reply then pressed 'send'.

To: Tyler :$
hey, what's up?

I don't know why exactly but what I wrote made me felt stupid. this whole thing was awkward. and my stupid pulse wouldn't just slow down. and then my phone buzzed again.

From: Tyler :$
nothing. are you going to that stupid mask party?

mask party? what the... okay now my pulse was even faster. this wasn't any good. I didn't even know why he was asking. I replied anyway.

To: Tyler :$
yes, are you?

I waited patiently and then my phone buzzed again.

From: Tyler :$
I don't know.

and then quickly I received two other texts, I opened the first one.

From: Tyler :$
Would you like to go with me?

I gulped nervously then opened the other

From: Tyler :$
I mean, as friends. if you don't have someone else, of course. (:

well, now that wasn't even healthy at all. my heart felt as if it was about to explode and I didn't even know why.

the sexiest boy I knew.

was he asking me out?

he said as friends but... it still counts, right?

nah... I shook the thought off and typed my reply. then pressed send.

I didn't know if what I had typed there was the right thing but stil... anyone in my place would have done this. ans yes, I accepted. who the hell wouldn't! have you seen him?! I just wish I wouldn't regret it. 'cause right then, at that very second, I had come to a conclusion...

I really liked Tyler.

And I didn't even know him that much.

in general, that wasn't good. at all.

♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥

A secret murderer! who do you think it is? why do you think his/her boss wants to murder Sam? What do you think of what happened with Elena? How do you think the masquerade would be? Sam likes Tyler. what do you think? do you like him? and what do you think would happen next?

Next Chapter: The Masquerade!! :D How do you think it would go? I'm planning huge surprises there. and of course, more questions ;)

Sooo...

Vote,

Fan,

And Comment!! :D <3

Then I shall give you some Oreos & Nutella !! :D <3

Hope you liked it, wait for the Next update and have a nice day ;)

xo-Toka ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295 3 18
When we met as kids I got the impression that you were a cry baby. Why is it that I'm not allowed to cry? I hated that about you. Consistently follow...
97.2K 5.1K 31
"Will you just shut up" !!!!! I shouted loudly turning towards her ,she was literally getting on my nerves now "Don't you dare shout...
100 3 36
Madeline found the note in her locker. Neatly folded, it held a pair of razor blades and a set of instructions. "Just die, ugly girl. No one will mis...
4.2K 1K 50
*Sequel to 'Sort Of Dead'* *Kindly read the previous installment beforehand* ~ "You know the feeling when you see a glass jar filled with perfectly r...