A Dragon's Mermaid

Autorstwa GreenEyedKoneko

Book 1 in The Beasts Mate Series. This book contains 18+ content, so readers must be 18 years of age or older... Więcej

A Dragon's Mermaid
Chapter Two 🐉
Chapter Three 🌊
Chapter Four 🌊
Chapter Five 🐉
Chapter Six 🌊
Chapter Seven 🐉
Chapter Eight 🐉
Chapter Nine 🌊
Chapter Ten 🐉
Chapter Eleven 🌊
Chapter Twelve 🐉
Chapter Thirteen 🌊
Chapter Fourteen 🌊
Chapter Fifteen 🐉
Chapter Sixteen 🌊
Chapter Seventeen 🐉
Chapter Eughteen 🌊
❤️Chapter Nineteen 🌊
❤️Chapter Twenty 🐉
Chapter Twenty-One 🌊
Chapter Twenty-two 🌊
Chapter Twenty-three 🐉
Chapter Twenty-four 🌊
Chapter Twenty-five 🐉
❤️Chapter Twenty-six 🌊
Chapter Twenty-seven 🌊
Chapter Twenty-eight 🐉
❤️Chapter Twenty-nine 🌊
Chapter Thirty 🐉
Chapter Thirty-one 🌊
Chapter Thirty-two🐉
Chapter Thirty-three🌊
Chapter Thirty-four 🐉
Chapter Thirty-five 🌊
Chapter Thirty-six 🌊
❤️Chapter Thirty-seven 🐉

Chapter One 🌊

14.7K 410 37
Autorstwa GreenEyedKoneko

I hum a familiar tune as I turn on the blow dryer that is at my station. The tune is one that my mother sang to my siblings and I since we were children. My tone is soft since the song is soft and soothing. I often find myself humming this song during a long day or as I dry a clients hair. Lara, a regular client, hums along with me as I dry her hair. I carefully comb the ends of her hair with a circular brush to add slight waves to her hair. After drying her hair I turn off the hair dryer and place it back. Then I grab another brush and a can of hair spray.

"I still cannot get over that your hair is really blue after all of these years! I wish my hair was naturally red or rose gold," said Lara.

I laugh when I remember how shocked Lara was when she learned that my hair is naturally an ombre blue. It is quite common for mermaid to have unnatural hair colors, and it typically compliments our tails.

"Thank you Lara and I do think that your natural blonde hair is lovely. This shade of cherry red looks good on you too" I said.

Lara comes into the salon regularly to cut and color her hair. She says that she gets bored of her natural hair, since her mother did not let her color it when she was a teenager.

"Thank you but you know that I love coloring my hair too much for it to be its natural color. I am just happy that my mate is ok with me coloring my hair. I think the only color I surprised him with is when we went for that fire red-orange color," said Lara.

"I was surprised when you requested that color, but it turned out very good," I said.

Lara nods in agreement as I give her hair a good amount of hair spray so that the waves do not lose their shape from the humidity in the air. We say goodbye as I ring her up at the register. I wait about an hour until my next client arrives, and then I get to work. The rest of my day goes by in a blur as I cut, color and blow-dry numerous clients. It is around six when my day slows down, and I can finally get a late lunch. Well I suppose it would be considered dinner at this point. I inform Mia, the receptionist, that I am taking my lunch now. Mia sticks her head, that is full of curvy black hair, out of the supply room. Her blue-gray eyes seem to pop against her mocha colored skin. She has on a white salon coat, blue sundress and white converse.

"Have a good lunch Avalon. I will make sure to hold down the fort until you get back," said Mia.

"Thank you Mia, I will bring you back a slice of coffee and hazelnut cheesecake," I said.

"You are the best Avalon!" shouts Mia as I walk out of the front door of the salon.

The humid air hits my bare arms since I am wearing a black sundress with baby blue dots. I would love to wear sandals, but I can't really wear them at work, so I have on my pastel blue sneakers. It feels great to be outside after being indoors all way. I am walking down the pier, so that I can meet my friend Zarya at a café that we frequent. We often have lunch there since it is at the midpoint between both of our shops. Zarya owns a small shop that sells jewelry, accessories, and some clothing. There are also beach supplies and little knickknacks for the tourists and beach goers.

The sky is a beautiful pink-orange as I approach the small red brick café that is towards the end of the pier. Several people are sitting on the outdoor patio that is lit up with small fairy lights. I walk inside the café and smile when Zara, the owner's daughter, greets me. Her black hair is pulled up into a bun, while her smiles reaches her brown eyes. She has on a white button up shirt with the café's logo, a black skirt and white flats.

"Hi Avalon, Zarya got here and managed to grab your usual table," said Zara, who is standing at the hostess podium.

"Thank you Zara. I will see you next week for your appointment," I said.

"Great! I can't wait because I want to dye my hair a lighter color," said Zara.

I smile at her and then walk toward the back of the café to the corner booth that Zarya and I have deemed our spot. I smile when I see her sitting at our booth with ice tea and spinach dip on the table. Her auburn and bright red hair is flowing, and her bangs are flat against her forehead. She has lovely blue eyes and a porcelain completion. She is wearing a pink mermaid scale shirt, which is funny since we are mermaid, a white jean skirt, and black sandals.

"I am so glad that you are finally here! The spinach dip just got here and I was holding back on eating it," said Zarya.

"Oh then it should still be warm! I would have gotten here on time, but my last client was a little late," I said as I sit down on the bench in front of her.

"Oh no need to worry since it is good that you are busy. I was busy too, but it started to get slow around four. I let Lina in charge while I am gone," said Zarya.

"That is great since I know that this is your busy season. I am glad that we can hang out a little because I am going home tomorrow," I said.

I am happy to be going home and get away from the surface for a few days to visit my family. I have not seen them for about seven months, which is hard even though we talk on the phone every day. Zarya, and Marina usually try to come with me so they can visit their families, but they were not able to get time off from work.

"I am going to miss you while you are gone! Oh can you get us some snacks? Also, my mom said that she wants to give you some care package," said Zarya.

I laugh at her excitement about snacks, but I understand since snacks from the mere-world are difficult to come across on the surface. They are not too popular with the humans and other supernatural species, so not too many stores sell them. Our food and deserts are popular for some reason, but not our snacks. Whenever one of us visits our moms make care packages for us.

"I am planning to stop by Marina's house and yours on my last day to get our care packages. I hope that I can carry all of the packages from our moms. I remember their last one was so heavy!" I said.

"Oh my goodness it was! Although, they did send us a lot of skin and tail care products, as well as snacks," said Zarya.

I smile when I remember the last package since our moms really went all out. Our moms our childhood friends and we grew up together. I am very close with Zarya and Marina, and I was relieved when I learned that the three of us would be attending high school on the surface. I believe that I was able to adjust to life on the surface because they were with me, and we shared the same dorm room. When we started college we moved out of the dorms and into a house with a pool! Yes a pool is necessary since I love to swim. It makes me feel connected to the water and to be able to swim in my mere form if I want to.

"Knowing our moms they will probably send us a lot of goodies, but I will make sure to stock up on our favorite snacks," I said.

"Great! Oh when you get back we should go out and have a girls day with Marina," said Zarya.

I nod as I take a bite of the yummy cheesy spinach dip, which is one of my favorite items on the menu. "That sounds like fun! We have not had too much time to go out because of work," I said.

We usually like to go out on the weekends, but we have not been able to o that for the past few weeks because of work. We have managed to have a girls night at home after a busy week at work. We make dinner, and then watching TV or have a movie marathon. Our TV and movie nights are actually the reason that we ran out of snacks. The waiter comes to take our order, and we both get our usual; Zarya gets the spicy shrimp pasta and I get the shrimp and chicken Alf redo. While we wait for our food we talk about our day and the customers that we had. Zarya was telling me about her most demanding customer that day when our waiter came back with our food.

"Apparently none of the blue items that I have are considered blue! How on earth is that possible! I have midnight blue, pastel blue, bright blue and royal blue shirts and dresses! Yet none of these were considered to be blue," said Zarya with annoyance in her voice. She rolls her eyes as she brings a forkful of pasta to her lips.

"Ok that is a really weird customer. She reminds me of Jayson's client that studies her hair and then demands that he fix it if one side is slightly shorter or longer," I said.

That woman is an annoying client and drains Jayson, but she is one of the salons best paying customers. The entire salon is on edge when she has an appointment. I feel for Jayson since he is very skilled despite earning his license three months ago, which is why that customer requests him. In our line of business we all have a few customers that annoy us, but we suck it up and do our best to make them happy. We spend the rest of dinner talking about random topics before we pay for the bill. I make sure to grab the slice of cheesecake that I promised Mia before we make our way out of the café.

When we are outside of the café I hug Zarya and tell her to text me when she gets back to her shop. She agrees and asks me to do the same when I get home. I make a quick stop at the salon to deliver Mia's treat, and to help clean up the salon. Thankfully there is not much to do since Mia cleaned up the break room, and already took inventory of the supply room. Once the floors are swept, the counters and mirrors are wiped down and the trash is taken out I lock the salon doors. I walk Mia to the bus stop, and stay with her until she gets on her bus. Mia is one of my human employees and I feel responsible for her safety if she is out late because of work. She lives in a safe neighborhood in an apartment building that is in front of her bus stop. However, you never know who is lurking in the shadows on a late night.

As I walk down the street I watch the couples and groups of friends walk by. I do not feel scared to walk so late at night since it is busy, and I can take care of myself. Even without my magic I can inflict some damage if someone decides to mess with me. I suppose that I owe it to a sparring elective I took instead of gym my junior year of high school. I walk through the busy streets, and then down two side streets that lead to my house. I walk up of the stone pathway and take my keys out. I unlock the door, step inside and make sure to lock it behind me. I text Zarya that I made it home and she texts me back a smiley face.  I laugh at her silly response as I walk up the stairs to my bedroom.

Soft instrumental music is playing In the background as I pack my things in the small bag that I am taking home. I really only pack presents that I am bringing back home, since I still have clothes and personal items in my parents house. Knowing mom she most likely cleaned my room, and has the kitchen filled with my favorite food. My family loves receiving presents and snacks from the surface since they are hard to come across back home. When I am done packing Marina rushes into my bedroom. Huh it is weir that I did not feel her presence when she entered the house. Maybe I was so focused on packing that I did not notice her.

"Welcome home Marina," I said as she sits down on my bed.

Her blonde hair with pink ends is pulled up in a messy bun. A baggy t-shirt hides her curvy figure while her cotton sleep shorts shows off her sun-kissed skin and long legs. Her brown eyes show excitement and worry while she bites her nail, a nervous habit she has had since we were guppies.

"Marina are you alright? You seem nervous about something," I said as I walk up to her. When I reach the bed I move around so that I can sit next to her. The mattress bounces down and up with my added weight.

"Um...so I found my mate today. It turns out that he is my new boss, who happens to be the big bosses son. He was working at another location until now," said Marina.

I smile at Marina since I know that despite her nerves she is happy to meet her mate. She was hoping to find him a few years ago, but fate had other plans.

"Well tell me more about your mate. What were your first impressions of him?" I ask.

She turns her head to face me, and I can see the smile on her face. "Well he is tall and very handsome. Apparently, his family is from Neptin. Um we got to talk a little but made plans to see each other in the morning. He is going to pick me up and take me out for breakfast before we go to work," she said.

"That is great! I hope that you two have a good time tomorrow. Are you worried about moving in with him?" I ask.

Marina should have a few weeks to get settled before she has to move in with her mate. Mated couples typically have to live together before a females heat begins. Although, a more dominant mate may want to speed up the move in, since Marina's mate is a mere-man she may have a little time. Well if he is not nobility or a male magi, which is what mere-people refer to our people who are powerful magic wielders.

"Yes I am a little nervous about moving in with him, but I am a little excited. I am just going to really miss living with you and Zarya," said Marina.

I wrap my arms around her shoulder, and pull her close to me. Marina sighs softly and rests her head on my shoulder. We stay silent as we enjoy the comfort that we can bring one another. Like the fae, mermaids enjoy being close to their own people, and being in the presence of their element. Marina in particular loves to cuddle whenever we have our TV and movie nights. The three of us are very close and we have always been together. Now that Marina has found her mate it will be a little weird to not have her here. We will just have to make time to hang out with each other.

"Well no matter what we will remain friends. We will find time to spend together. Zarya suggested that we have a girls day when I get back home," I said.

She smiles while nodding her head in agreement, "Yes you are right. A girls day would be fun".

I yawn as I make my bed, and then place the blue and white decorative pillows back against the headboard. I hold onto the strap of my duffle bag, and then walk into the bathroom. I look into the mirror as I quickly brush my hair and teeth. My wavy blue ombre hair, royal blue on top and aqua on the bottom. My colorful hair and sea green eyes seem to make my skin resemble a china doll: pale with a pink hue.

Once I am ready I walk down the stairs and notice that Zarya and Marina have left for the day.  I make myself some toast with butter and pour a small bowl of cereal. I eat in silence as I realize how happy I am to be going home today. I have missed seeing my parents, and siblings, a well as my brothers mates. All three of my older brothers are mated to good women, and were easily welcomed into our family.

When I finish eating breakfast I make sure to clean up after myself, and then leave the house. The sun is shinny and it feels even hotter than it actually is outside. As I walk down the quiet streets I wipe the small amount of sweat that is on my forehead. I cannot wait to be in the cool air-conditioned salon, since my sundress is sticking to my skin. After a few minutes of walking I reach the salon, and sign in relief as the cool air hits my skin.

Mia laughs when she notices me, and hands me a cold water bottle from the fridge. I thank Mia, and then start the staff meeting before the doors open for the day. I make sure that everyone knows my expectations while I am ok, and that I can be reached at any time if they need me. My staff does great when I go home, but I like to hold these meetings just in case, especially since Jayson is new. When the meeting is over I say my goodbyes and head over to the beach.

My feet make contact with the cold water, and I sigh in relief as I am reunited with my element. I make sure the duffle bag is securely around my neck, as I start to walk into the water. When I am waist deep, I fling my body forward and start to swim. I close my eyes and will my legs to transform into my tail. When I no longer feel my legs my speed increases, and allows me to swim through the powerful current of the sea.

The water is various shades of blue that is laminated by soft white lights that are able to work underwater. I swim past vibrant colored plants and coral reefs that are part of my homeland. The tall buildings, homes and shops are made out of store and colorful reefs and stones make up the roofs and doors.

I stare at the front door of my family's home, made of a  lovely blue and red coral. I wonder why I am standing here as I readjust my bag. I move my hand forward, and then place it on the cool textured door. I feel a tingling sensation as the security system uses my handprint to open the door. After a few moments the door swings open, and I swim into the house. I am surprised at how quiet it is as I swim to the living room in hopes of finding someone. Usually, when I come home to visit Mama comes to hug me, and my sisters; Waverly and Coralia want to hear about life on the surface and grab their favorite treats.

"WELCOME HOME AVALON!" Shout several voices once I reach the living room. I laugh while placing my bag down by the coach as I see mama, Waverly and Coralia swim up to me, and tackle me into a group hug. I wrap my arms around them and enjoy their warmth. I feel at home, and happy to be with my family. Mama's red hair is pulled up into a ponytail, and her smile reaches her chocolate colored eyes. A white shell top covers her chest and her tail is a beautiful ruby red.

"I am so happy that you are home sweetheart. It feels so long since you have visited," said mama.

Waverly has wavy sea foam green hair, gray colored eyes, a sea foam green corset that matches her tail. Coralia giggles, which make her pale coral hair sway from side to side, and her chocolate colored eyes shine. Her shell top is white and orange, and compliments her shiny coral tail. We separate from the group hug and mama gestures us to sit down, which we do.

"I am happy to be home, and I am sorry that I did not come for Laken's birthday. Work was a little hectic then because I hired a new employee," I said.

Waverly smiles, "Well Larken did not mind too much because we barely saw him".

Coralia nods in agreement, "Clarissa went into her first heat, and they did not leave their house for days".

My eyes widen in surprise because no one bothered to tell me this! I mean I could be an aunt now, and not even know it! "That is great and I wish I knew about it until now," I said.

"Oh I am sorry Av, it slipped my mind the last time we talked. Your papa was so annoying that day and I was trying my best to ignore him," said mama.

I laugh as I remember the last time mama and I talked via video. She was annoyed that papa did not complete his assigned chores for the week. That should not matter too much, but he was in charge of cleaning Great Grandma's room, since she was coming to visit the following week. Papa should have known better than to ignore that task because it bothered her like no tomorrow.

I have a good time catching up with mama, Wavily and Coralia when papa walks through the door with my brohers; Laken, Cryil, and Deveraux. Mama ushers us all into the dinning room where a variety of food is on the table. As we eat, I catch up with my brothers, and I am glad to hear they are doing well. Their mates are not here since two are at work and the other is visiting her own family. I will get to meet Deveraux's mate before I leave because she is supposed to come home tomorrow.

"Avalon I noticed that you still have not meet your mate. Perhaps you should return home for the winter gathering," said papa.

I sigh as I listen to papa ramble on that I have to get our more and visit home so that I can meet my mate. Apparently, I am getting too old to have not found my mate, which is ridiculous since I am not that old! I am only one hundred twenty-six!

"Now Avalon has plenty of time to find her mate. There is no need for us to rush her," said mama.

She  is always on my side when it comes to the whole mate conversation. Papa rants about this at least once when I come to visit. I know that mama what's me to find my mate, but she will not push it with me.

"I believe that she should since she is not getting any younger. There are plenty of men your age here that are looking for a mate. If your mate is not here then you should visit your grandmother," said papa.

My tail moves to the side as I look at papa. I try to hold back the annoyance that I feel, because he would call me out on it. Now, don't get me wrong I love to visit my grandmother. However, I have not met my mate there or when I am home. I just have an odd feeling that I will not find him under the sea.

"Papa. Mama, do you think I can go visit Avalon? I want to see what the surface will be like before I start college," said Waverly.

I blink in surprise since this is the first time that I am hearing about this. "I would love to have you, but I thought that you were attending college here," I said.

"That was originally the plan, but things changed," she said.

Mama smiles, " I think that is a wonderful idea. The surface will not be too much of a shock for you that way".

We look over at papa, who has remained silent. He looks at me and then at Waverly before speaking. "I suppose that would be acceptable".

I turn around to face my sister and smile at her, giving her a silent "thank you" from saving my from papa's rants. She returns my smile and then starts to giggle.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.7K 61 35
***Note: It's all fiction.*** A beast. A human. Both are destined to be soulmates. One thinks that it's unfair for a human to have to live with a bea...
10.4K 412 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...
6.7K 224 24
[Complete] "It's nice to know the name of my mate, but it's disappointing to see you letting another man touch you, mate." I shivered in delight at...
340 22 38
"What's it like to find your mate?" Keyvon thought about it for a moment. "It's like finding a really rare treasure that's just been there, waiting f...