Sabr: The Sword Of a True Bel...

By sehr_gngvlii

Just when you're drowning and cant call out for help...because your throat is clamped down, out of nowhere, w... More

Author's note:
Prologue:
Chapter 1: Flashback
Chapter 2: The Handwriting
Chapter 3: The Past
Chapter 4: The loss
Chapter 5: The Bond
Chapter 6: Life goes on!
Chapter 8: Shopping!
Chapter 9: Hide and Seek
Chapter 10: A new character.
Chapter 11: A glance at the past.
Chapter 12: The Present
Chapter 13: Dammam
Chapter 14: The Right Owner?
Chapter 15: A day off.
Chapter 16: The Sunrise
Chapter 17: The Ansaars
Chapter 18: Chicago

Chapter 7: From pulling my hair to pulling my legs.

139 23 12
By sehr_gngvlii

It was around 11:00 p.m. I stood by the railings of the balcony attached to the main hall watching the sky. There were more stars in the sky that night. They looked like tiny sparkling drops sprinkled  here and there on the dark sky. They smiled at me, I smiled back. The cool breeze kissed my face and refreshed my mood. I hugged myself enjoying the cool climate.

The ringing of cellphone disturbed my moment with the breeze. I grabbed my phone to see who on earth was calling me at this hour of night. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the name of the person who was calling me. It was Suhaib. Its been nearly two months since I moved to Uncle Yahya's place (in better words:my in-laws place), and Suhaib used to call me about twice a week. But every time he called me, I felt cold and excited like a tiny school girl who just saw a dinosaur. He used to ask about my well being and some other casual stuffs. I swiped my finger to the right of the screen and answered his call.
I could feel my heartbeats getting louder and faster.

Suhaib: As salam alaikum.

Me: Wa alaikum as salam.

Suhaib: How are you doing?

Me: I am good, Alhumdulillah! How are you?

Suhaib: Alhumdulillah! All good with me! I just thought of checking what my wife is doing!

Me: WIFE!! Ummm...yae! Done with dinner! I was just watching the sky!

Suhaib: Oh! Did I disturb you...I mean your moment with the sky?

Me: Actually yes (Grins)! Well I am still enjoying the moment with the sky!

Suhaib: Ugh! The sky is stealing my moment then! You ought to pay attention to me...I am more handsome than the sky!(Smirks)

Me: You seem to be all cheesy today! What exactly did you have for lunch?(laughs)

Suhaib: Nothing special for lunch. But yeah...right now I am having something very special and sweet!

Me: And what's that? Pizza?

Suhaib: When did Pizza start tasting sweet?

Me: Ohk! I give up! Tell me what you're having?

Suhaib: A cup of Coffee with two spoons of love! And yeah! A very pretty voice as well!

Me: Too much sweetness can cause diabetes Suh! (blushes)

Suhaib: Suh? Oww! You have decided to call me that! I lyk it though!

Me: Ugh! I give up again...!
Umm...can I tell you something?

Suhaib: Will you not tell me if I ask you not to?

Me: Might be No!

Suhaib: Ohk then...spill the bean!

Me: I might sound too direct...But I like talking to you! I feel out of the world when you call me! I forget all the chaos going on in my mind! Its just that...I like you!

Suhaib: Does it mean you're already falling for me?

Me: Ugh! I dunno! Its just that I like you!

Suhaib: Mm! But I guess I am already in love with you!

Me: Hmm?

Suhaib: Yes. Whenever I see the flowers I wonder how would you look when you pin it on your hair! Whenever I go fishing with Ammar, I wonder if you would enjoy fishing with me! And I wonder when we go out for dinner,whether I'll have a romantic time with you or a funny time watching you stuff your mouth with food!

Me: Its the other way round! You are foodie! Not me!

Suhaib: By the way...Do you think I am in love with you?

Silence.

Me: I..dunno yet!

Suhaib: Hey! I'll hang up now! I have to go grocery shopping with Ammy baby you see!

Me: Ok! Take care! c ya! As salam alaikum!

Suhaib: You too! Take care! Wa alaikum salam!

I hung up the call and turned around to get in. I saw something strange right in front of me appearing out of nowhere. I panicked and screamed.

'Woah there! Calm down! Its me!' I heard Zuheb.

'Why do you always have this scary kind of entry Zu?' I scoffed.

'Forget all that! What were you talking with Suhaib from such a long time...Bhabhi?' He teasingly asked.

'Were you eavesdropping us?And yeh! We were planning to kidnap your kitty!' I replied. Zuhaib had a pet kitty. He called her Shofo! He treated Shofo like his wife! He took her along wherever he went by, cleaned her himself, and even took her to various places at the evenings!

'Dont you dare do that, you piece of a caterpillar!' He grumbled.

'Look at your face!' I laughed.

We spoke for a while about this and that and moved towards our respective rooms.

Suhaib was trying his best to improve our relationship, I wonder if I should do the same. Buy then I am not ready for anything. Time is the best healer, it will heal our relationship as well. In sha allah!

The next morning Zuhaib gave me variety of grins and smiles at the breakfast table and that was making me uncomfortable since Uncle and aunt were there too. They had probably noticed how Zuhaib was trying to tease me every now and then, but all of us were aware of his mischief and hence chose to ignore him.

'Suhaib might be coming next month' Uncle Yahya said.

'Ya Allah! The boy never says me a thing.' Aunt Maryam complained.

'Woah! I am sure Rumi knew this.' Zuhaib teased.

'He didnt tell me anything.' I politely replied.

'That means you kids are in touch. Good to hear that! You must try working this relationship as soon as possible.' Uncle Yahya said.

'Dad!! They are no more working on it! They are moving in full speed! Do you know Rumi is totally lost in her dreamland the whole day! She keeps looking at cellphone and smiles for no reason. Have you kept Suhaib's picture as your wallpaper Rumi?' He said all of this in a single breath.

'Hold there Zuhaib! I dont know what you're talking about!' I defended myself.

'Dont lie you rotten potato!' He teased.

'Ugh!! You're such a gorilla-like crazy animal! As a kid, you used to break my dolls and pull my hair and now you're making up stories and pulling my legs!' I exclaimed.

'Somewhere In between pulling your  hair to pulling your legs...I grew up!' Zuhaib smiled.

That evening when I returned home from college, I got a call from an unknown number.

'As Salam Alaikum' I said.

'Wa alaikum Salam Habibti!' said a voice similar to that of Suhaib.

'How are you doing?' I asked.

'I was doing good. But now that I've heard your sugary sweet voice, I am doing better, Alhumdulillah.' He said. I felt a change in his voice this time. There was something strange about the way he was putting out his words too. I suspected something fishy.

'Ohk! But your voice sounds different today. Are you sure you're fine!' I asked.

' Oh No!! I am not fine!! This cold have  ruined my melodious voice and turned my cherry like beautiful nose into a tomato!' He said.

He was about to say something, when I heard a cat screaming in the background.

'Sshhh Shofo! Why are you being crazy today! I promise I'll take you to the mall tonight if you behave well for a while.' He whispered, but luckily I got to hear that and I rushed to his bedroom. I opened the door with a loud thud. He was holding his cellphone near his ears and Shofo was kind off jumping at him.

'Zuhaibbb!!!! What is with this crazy prank?' I yelled at him.

'Oh you found out that it was me!' He threw a cushion at me and ran out for his life. Shofo ran behind him.

I threw the cushion on the floor and ran behind the two.
'Come here you tadpole! Let me break your legs.' I screamed.

By the time I descended the staircase, he was already out of home. He winked at me and drove off on his black Ford.

I smiled at his naughty prank and recalled our childhood. I wish I were a little girl again. I wished if I could go back and relieve my childhood, a time where we were never worried if our clothes were soiled, if our hair was all messy, if chocolate was spilled over our entire mouth. But now that we have all grown up, childhood seems less like a past and more like a fantasy!

I wish if I could go to Neverland and stop growing! Life would be much easier and happier if that happens!
But seeing Zuhaib all happy and cheerful everyday taught me something really meaningful. His way of living made me realize that, Neverland is not an imaginary world, But a state of mind!

***********

As salam alaikum everyone!

I would like to thank the little amount of readers for their votes and support!

I'll try my best to make this story better!

Happy Reading!

Do vote and support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 18.7K 31
[All Rights Reserved] "Sometimes shutting off the world is the best option" -Amara Lost, that's the perfect word to describe Amara. She felt like she...
192K 17.2K 53
(Featured by wattpad) She was lost in her own thoughts.She felt like there was no one who could heal her wound. Her tears were falling from her eyes...
341K 18.5K 58
(Book 1) Completed: February 13th 2016 Highest rank: #05 on the what's hot list 12/1/15 Tuesday Reached 100k: 3/2/16 Wednesday Reached 200k: 7/12/1...
604K 32.2K 54
💞Winner of Infinity Awards 2018👑💞 Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...