Hyperdimension Neptunia GB

By Arucana

This is a fanfic for the Hyperdimension games, please note that any particular event is not CANON and is subj... More

Prologue (A crack in the Sky)
Chapter 1 (Birth and Rebirth)
CHAPTER 2 (Protect Her)
Chapter 3 (Blade and Bullets)
Chapter 4 (SOUL IMPORT)
Chapter 5 (Weißes Licht)
Chapter 6 (A Moon Lit Night of Haunting Memories)
Chapter 7 (The Wrath of the Ice)
Chapter 8 (Fearless Breeze)
Chapter 9 (A Wind Calls)
Chapter 10 (Day and Night)
Chapter 11 (Love and Silence )
Chapter 12 (Opening Doors: Infiltration)
Chapter 13 (Opening Doors: Hidden Thoughts)
Chapter 14 (Opening Doors: A moment of Respite)
Chapter 15 (Opening Doors: Knowing)
Chapter 16 (Corruption: Purged Soul)
Chapter 17 (Corruption: Ceaseless Pain)
Chapter 18 (Corruption: Freude und Rage)
Chapter 19 (Corruption: Sweet Like a Morning's Tea)
Chapter 20 (Into the Dawn of Time)
Chapter 21 (Vindictive Soul)
Chapter 22 ("She" Who Creates "They" Who Watch over)
Chapter 23 (A Glimpse of Hell)
Chapter 24 (Envy: A shadow of an Ancient)
Chapter 25 (Envy: What means More to You)
Chapter 26 (Envy: Powerless)
Chapter 27 (Envy: A Tale of Memories)
Chapter 28 (Envy: The Truth)
Chapter 29 (UNSEALING: The Envious Lich)
Chapter 30 (Greed: The Demon on a Sheet of Snow)
Chapter 31 (Greed: Erretter des Erlösers)
Chapter 32 (Greed: Die Wünsche für Macht)
Chapter 33 (Greed: Verloren und bedauern)
Chapter 34 (Greed: Trauriger Schnee)
Chapter 35 (UNSEALING: Habgierig )
Chapter 36 (Lust: A Peculiar Nation)
Chapter 37 (Lust: Pleasure and Pain)
Chapter 39 (Lust: A Promise)
Chapter 40 (UNSEALING: The Scent of Morning Tea)
Chapter 41 (Wrath: Scars of the Past)
Chapter 42 (Wrath: A call for help)
Chapter 43 (Wrath: Surpass)
Chapter 44 (Wrath: Defiant Rage)
Chapter 45 (Wrath: The hate in his Heart)
Chapter 46: (Acceptance: Troubled Heart)
Chapter 47 (Gluttony: Insatiable Hunger)
Chapter 48 (Gluttony: The Voices of Light and Dark)
Chapter 49 (Gluttony: Desire)
Chapter 50 (Gluttony: Roar)
Chapter 51 (Gluttony: The Search for more)
Chapter 51.5 (I wanted to Have Fun so... Filler)
Chapter 52 (Acceptance: Stubbornnes and Fortitude)
Chapter 53 (Pride: The Conviction of Ones heart)
Chapter 54 (Pride: Who you Are)
Chapter 55 (Pride: Indomitable Will)
Chapter 56 (Pride: Crumbling Fortitude)
Chapter 57 (Pride: Your Vanity)
Chapter 58 (Acceptance: "Reconcile")
Chapter 59 (Sloth: Deprave)
Chapter 60: (Sloth: Warped Colors)
Chapter 61 (Sloth: Polluted Dream)
Chapter 62 (Sloth: Corroded Morals)
Chapter 63 (Sloth: The Voice of Despair)
Chapter 64 (Acceptance: Ending of Solitude)
Chapter 65 (A new Goal)
Chapter 66 (Reconnecting Bonds)
Chapter 67 (Lies and Scars)
Chapter 68 (Confounded Emotions)
Short Skit 1 (I just thought of this so here ya go!)
Chapter 69 (Forged in Sin)
Chapter 70 (Warmth of Snow)
Chapter 71 (Prelude to a New Horizon)
Side Story (A Dark Console? A Dimension Tripper?)
Chapter 72 (The wait for Sunrise)
Side Story (An Omen from Tomorrow)
Chapter 73 (Crimson Glow)
Side Story (The Troublemaker)
Chapter 74 (Dreams And Delusions)
Side Story (The Agent)
Chapter 75 (The Calm)
Side Story (Winds and Flames)
Chapter 76 (My World, Our World)
Final Chapter (Dawn of a New Beginning)
Epilogue (Peaceful Days)

Chapter 38 (Lust: Voiceless Night)

208 2 10
By Arucana

Grun's POV

It's been a month ever since I saw that happened... It was a night of silence not a single peep could be heard, I was patrolling the streets looking out for the beast that has been causing chaos in my nation...

Grun: "...Who would have thought really...Emerald... she's different..."

...While I was observing the area with my ability overseeing air, I noticed that some invisible traps were laid down right outside of the outer gates, the bombs were placed in such a way that if one blows up, the others will too...

I thought about lifting the bombs with my magic but then...

I realized the bombs were being pressed down by some sort of force... a barrier if you may, the barrier was also another form of trigger, if the bombs were to touch the barrier for a period of time they would then explode...

While I was contemplating what to do, a child was approaching the gate, I intervened immediately and told him to stay away, apparently the boy was going to venture out to get some Crystalline grass... An herb that heals any form of sickness... So I told him to stay put while I go get the materials he needed and commanded the guards to never let him out...

The Crystalline Grass were located in a dense forest south of Leanbox, it only took me 5 minutes to get the materials, when I got back I saw the boy approaching the outer gate with his size he nimbly avoided the guards who were desperately trying to stop him, he was about to step on a bomb!

...I rushed to him as fast as I could, but I was too far away... his foot touched the barrier, it descended and touched the bomb... 2 seconds... the boy realized his mistake and jumped back... unfortunately the explosion radius would still get him...

4 seconds...

I'm not gonna make it!

5 seconds... and...

...It was a devastating moment... the smoke from the explosion covered the area, and the fiery hell from the bombs turned night into day...

I was so heart wrenched... I couldn't stand... I fell to my knees and lamented... was I wrong to leave the child?

Questions of regret and sorrow circled my head... until...

When the smoke cleared... I saw something I never imagined...

...A glowing shield surrounding the child... and in the center of it all... it was her... Her golden locks flowed effortlessly in the heated atmosphere caused by the explosion... her spears were responsible for the barrier as she held the child closely... it was as if, though I thought to be impossible, she who was a beast, was protecting a human child...

...Was it just a ploy?

Something to trick me with?

Was this another trick or prank?

...I was still on my guard... Beasts have been our dreaded enemies for years... And while I don't want to remember it anymore... Emerald and I had battled a lot in the past as well... sometimes she won... sometimes I won... but never once did it include a full scale invasion...

...Is it possible...?

Can humans and monsters... live in peace?

...That's when I decided to change my outlook and tried a different perspective... I started accepting monsters into my nation, all the while trying to convince people that we can live in harmony...

From then on, I also stopped fighting Emerald, sometimes I would just hang her upside down, deflect her sticky grenades far far away, or sometimes I would even hang out in crowds and she just wouldn't do anything... She just looks at me with an irritated face... and once I was away from the crowd only then would she try to jump on me... and when she did... she would fail...

Finally I decided to face her head on... we fought for hours, I could have just ended the fight but I wanted to exhaust her to the point where she is unable to fight back anymore... And then I talk to her make her understand that I am trying to unite us all...

It was great at first, the integration was a success and people started to accept monsters... but, it was inevitable that some people don't take too lightly to these acts... especially the ones who were victims of monster attacks...

But I had to try... Soon problems started popping out, insufficient food supply, not enough land mass for the growing population, lumber for housing...

That's when I decided to do something that I was not supposed to do... Alter the atmosphere and reshaping the land....

I called forth rains, I created artificial land masses, I made trees grow faster and had my researchers alter the grains so that they can be harvested faster...

They all seemed well but there were side effects... The rains would sometimes be poisonous, sometimes the landmasses could not remain solid for more than a week and the grains had little to no nutrients...

But I kept my head high, I know that if we can break through this phase then I won't have to alter the atmosphere anymore, and the world will soon return to it's original state.

For now I decided to visit a village in the south, the greenery there should be fine now and they are able to harvest grains with great nutrients, the weather was also normal now and the landmass was stable.

Grun: "Greetings everyone."

Citizen 1: "It's Lord Grun! Welcome Milord."

Citizen 2: "Hey there lord Grun, what brings you here?"

Grun: "Just wanted to check the place, how goes the harvest."

Monster 1: "Plentiful! Milord!"

Monster 2: "The livestock are also quite healthy and are a good source for meat!"

...So much smiles so much endearment... this was the kind of world I wish to accomplish... and it's all because of her... she made me realize something that I could not have seen if not for her...

Teen 1: "Lord Grun! Lord Grun!"

Grun: "What is it young man?"

Teen 2: "It's Emerald! she's hurt!"

Grun: "WHAT!?"

Teen 1: "The scout spotted her being taken by 2 ladies one had purple hair with dark clothes while the other one had strange armaments and looked really strong."

Grun: "Why would they take her though..."

...At that moment I had nothing to rule out who these strangers are, but the color purple worries me for some reason... Neptunio? or at the very least does a Planeptunian know what I'm up to here?

...It's too early for them to know...but, I heard Lastation is opening it's gates for the shifters again... I have to hear what my brothers feel about this idea of mine, if this goes through, then we can end the conflict in a peaceful way.

Grun: "I'll go see it for myself, for the mean time you guys stay here and be safe."

Teens: "Okay!"

...Gliding with the wind, I head to where the scout saw Emerald was being carried and sure enough, there she was, she's fast asleep on a tall lady's back who was walking with the purple haired girl.

...Huh... They don't seem to be hostile at all, they talk and smile like sisters. From this vantage point I could tell they were good people... I decided to approach them...

Grun: "Excuse me?"

Adult Nep: "Hm?"

Yellow Heart: "Eh?"

Grun: "Might I ask, what happened to the girl on your back?"

Adult Nep: "Hm? Have we met somewhere? I don't remember making acquaintances with guys wearing masks."

Yellow Heart: "Hrm... Creepo..."

Grun: "urk..."

...I guess not everyone knows me huh... but wait, how can they not know one of the 4 great lords?

Grun: "Before I introduce myself, might I know your names first?"

Adult Nep: "hah! You talk properly, it's that term "ladies first" isn't it? Oh well, why not? My name's Neptune, and this little one- err... big girl... is Peashy, P-ko for short."

Yellow Heart: "Hello! I'm Pea!"

Grun: "Neptune and Peashy, My name is Grun, I rule over this land of Leanbox."

Adult Nep: "What!? No way! You're Grun!"

Yellow Heart: "Fue?"

Grun: "Y-yes I am, why do you ask?"

Adult Nep: "Well, for one you're a whole lot taller than when I first saw you and you didn't wear a full mask."

...What is this girl talking about? I don't think I've met her before...

Grun: "Anyway, would you mind telling me what happened to that girl?"

Adult Nep: "Oh, you mean Emerald?"

Grun: "Agh! You know that name?"

Adult Nep: "Uhh... Yeah... That's what you call her right?"

Grun: "You even know that much!? Who are you really?"

Adult Nep: "We kinda went over this already buddy."

Yellow Heart: "Neptuna, the smoke over there is getting thicker!"

Adult Nep: "You're right! I wonder what's going on over there!"

Grun: "Hmm? Oh that smoke? That's from the Industrial plants that the city is using for making materials."

Yellow Heart: "Fue?"

Adult Nep: "But why the sudden explosions? We could hear it from a mile away."

Grun: "We're currently making tests on a new type of weapon, the explosions are due to failed experiments..."

Adult Nep: "Why are you making weapons though?"

Grun: "Though I've made progress in uniting the humans and monsters, there are still others that do not abide to this cause."

...I try to explain my reasoning for the matter, I know it contradicts my motives, but I can't just let my guard down. It's an insurance if you may.

Adult Nep: "Hmm..."

Grun: "Anyway, would you like me to take you to the Basilicom? I can also carry Emerald for you."

Yellow Heart: "I don't know...Big Neptuna?"

Adult Nep: "It's okay P-ko, we can trust him."

...After that small exchange, the yellow haired girl passed Emerald to me.

Grun: "Thank you, the way to the Basilicom is here, please follow me."

...These two were no threat, I could sense the aura around them, they were filled with pure light and I could tell that they were looking out for Emerald... but... why?

Eventually we reached the Basilicom...

Guard: "Welcome back Lord Grun."

Grun: "At ease men, these girls are my guests be sure to provide them with what they need."

Guard: "Yes Sir!"

Adult Nep: "Ooo~ Fancy joint here bucko I could get used to this~ Oh! Do you have pudding!?"

Yellow Heart: "Neptuna... That's Greedy."

Adult Nep: "Oh! P-ko! You're still in that form!? Hurry and change back already, your puffy's are making the player's eyes go Ga-Ga."

Yellow Heart: "Ahh!! I forgot!"

Grun: "Hmm?"

SHIIIINGGGG!!!! After a brief shine of light, the Yellow haired girl turned into a-

Grun: "Wha!? She's a child!?"

Peashy: "Buu! Buu! Pea is not a child! Pea is a big girl now!"

Grun: "N-no, you're clearly just a child."

Adult Nep: "Ahahaha, she may not look like it but she is actually older than me you know."

Grun: "Whoa! Really!?"

Adult Nep: "Ahahaha!... I'm not really sure myself..."

Grun: "Ehh~~~?"

...We went to the clinic to have Emerald looked after, but just as we enter, the door opens up and there laid before me was a fine woman with hair as golden as the sun, skin soft as silk and lips as red as rose...

Vert: "Oh my! There you are! finally you're back and Emerald!? What happened to her!?"

Grun: "Who are you? What are you doing here in my clinic?"

...The tall woman introduced herself and explained the situation...

Vert's POV

Adult Nep: "And well, yeah that's what happened."

Grun: "No way... This little girl knocked out Emerald while she was in her beast mode?"

Vert: "Aha! That's my little Peashy for you!"

Peashy: "Urgh! Bert! Let me go I can't breathe!"

...As it tuns out Peashy and Adult Neptune were thrown out of some sort of gate and are now stuck here in Leanbox...

Croire: "Khe! It's all because of that light you know."

Vert: "Oh my! You certainly popped out of nowhere."

Grun: "What are you? A fairy perhaps?"

Adult Nep: "Ahaha, Grun this is Crosty. She helps me in my adventures through Dimensions!"

Croire: "Yeah right, you basically use me for convenient purposes."

Grun: "If she can do just that, why didn't you use that power earlier?"

Adult Nep: "Yahaha... Well..."

Croire: "I couldn't."

Vert: "What?"

Croire: "Like I said... I couldn't... During the events that unfolded in that void, This Neptune used my power to protect everyone else, the interaction of the rendering light and my power caused countless gates and ripples of space to open up in the void. The event exhausted my power and now I can only do so little with what power I have left."

Adult Nep: "Long story short, Crosty is too drained right now, she needs to recover her powers before we can go dimension hopping again."

Grun: "I see... but that still begs the question... Why have you traveled here?"

Vert and Adult Nep: "GULP!"

...Oh dear... how should I explain this? Should we just admit that we're from the future? but that would just cause him to ask more questions and I don't think we should mention anything about the future right now...

Grun: (Suspicious... though I am a bit curious, these ladies seem to know things that I do not...)

Vert: "Oh please, you're the great sage, there is nothing you do not know."

Grun: "Excuse me?"

Vert: "Huh? I mean, you are the great sage right? You must know more that us right?"

Grun: "...I didn't say anything though... It's as if you... Read my mind..."

Vert: "Eh!? Surely you jest, I heard you loud and clear, right Neptune? Croire?"

Adult Nep: "No, you just suddenly talked like you were addressing Grun about something."

Croire: "Yup."

Vert: "No way!?"

...I can read his mind!? but how!? This doesn't make any sense!

Grun: "You can read my mind, can't you?"

Vert: "Yes... as it seems I can..."

Grun: "Then there must have been a time when our minds connected... Soul Import... I have no recollection of this event though."

Vert: "I see, well for now, I humbly ask you that you not pry any further, for your sake and Emerald's..."

Grun: (What could this mean...? Hrm... But I sense no fault in the air around her, for now... I'll see what happens...) "Very well, I shall follow your advice, but be warned..."

Vert: "Yes?"

Grun: "Should any harm be brought to my people because of you, then I will not hesitate to show you no mercy. Do you understand?"

Vert: "Yes, I understand."

Adult Nep: "Sheesh, talk about peer pressure."

Peashy: "Mumumu~! I don't like peepressure..."

Croire: "It's PEER PRESSURE you dunce."

Nurse: "Lord Grun, Miss Emerald's treatment is done, but we found some rather peculiar stones in her pockets."

Vert: "Mm?"

...The Nurse showed us 2 familiar stones... wait those are!

Vert: "Would you mind showing that to me?"

Grun: "Hm? Not at all. Here."

...I knew it! These are Sharicites! and not just any Sharicites... One of it is mine and the other one is from Lowee... But what is it doing here? How did Emerald get them?

I touched the green sharicite and almost instantly I felt the surge of power fill my veins.

This feeling... Shares!? It's coming from the sharicite and I can tell that my believers were slowly but surely being reconnected to me.

The Sharicite shined as all of this happened which caught Grun by surprise...

Grun: "W-well now, that was interesting..."

Vert: "Uhuhu~ I'm sure it was, now then, I believe this one will help Little Rom."

I made the sleeping Rom touch the white Sharicite and just like before, there was a bright shine and Rom slowly opened her eyes...

Rom: "Fuweh~? I feel... Warm...It feels good."

Grun: "She woke up and her sickness is gone... These stones are remarkable, can they heal others as well."

Vert: "I'm sorry, I don't think that's possible, sharicites are used by us CPUs it serves as our source of power that connects us to our shares."

Grun: "I don't think I fully understand...but nonetheless I'm glad you both are feeling better."

Vert: "Yes, now we can finally solve this world's problem with our full strength."

Rom: "Uh-huh~!"

!!!--EXPLOSION--!!!

Vert: "Oh dear!"

Rom: "Fuwii~!!!"

Grun: "Another failed experiment...? Wait... something's not right..."

thud thud thud!

...From the hallway came a guard rushing and clearly out of breath...

Guard: "Milord! Feral Monsters! in the city square!"

Grun: "I'm on it!"

Vert: "Grun, we'd like to assist."

Grun: "What?"

Rom: "Yeah~! We can help!"

Grun: "I don't think so, you two just stay here keep an eye on Emerald for me."

Vert: "But-!"

Grun: "My word be done! Stay here!"

...With those words he opens a window and with haste jumps through it and used the power of wind to glide down to the city square.

Vert: "haah..."

Rom: "Uhh... Miss Vert? Does he not need us?"

Adult Neptune: "Seems like it, the dude just went and left you after all."

Croire: "He maybe a lord but this kind of move will lead to some sort of tragedy or something."

Adult Neptune: "How do you know?"

Croire: "Heh! Don't you know who I am!? I am Croire I record every single tragedy and every single historic event in the world!"

Adult Neptune: "You do!? You never told me that!"

Croire: "Uh, Yes I did you bimbo! You just don't listen!"

Vert: "Then, what happened in this tragedy that you speak of?"

Croire: "Sorry sister, can't be revealing historic events like that now."

Rom: "Please~! We might be able to help Mr. Grun with it!"

Peashy: "Mumu~! Crowaru! Tell them!"

Croire: "I told you, no can do. And besides no matter what you do, you can't change what is about to happen anyway... Hm?"

Adult Neptune: "What's wrong?"

Croire: "W-whoah... this is freaky..."

Vert: "What is it?"

Croire: "History... My Chronicles...They're disappearing?"

...Croire opens her book only to find that the words inscribed in it were slowly disappearing...

Croire: "Whoah! This is nuts! all the events that I've seen their all going away! No...No no no no no no!!!"

Vert: "Why!? What's happening, please explain yourself!"

Croire: "The wheels of creation and history are resetting... events are being rewritten... I don't believe it!"

Adult Nep: "I'm sorry, is this a serious topic? or is it just one your crazy moments."

Croire: "Like hell it is! Listen you broads! History being rewritten means that something is changing from the past, and it is currently affecting the present and the future, so you better get your gear set and do something about it, because if not then..."

Vert: "What? What will happen!?"

Croire: "Like I said before, history will reset itself and start over from zero, no one will remember anything that had happened."

Adult Neptune: "So it's basically a true reset for the entire world... Geez can this fanfic be anymore like a certain annoying dog's indie game?"

Croire: "Ha ha ha really funny, you dunce do you even know what happens when multiple resets are done? No, yeah that's what I thought."

Peashy: "Ah! Look people are fighting!"

Vert: "Oh no, things have escalated we need to do something."

Croire: "No! You should not, I think you're presence here is what's changing the past. I suggest you stay out of it."

Adult Neptune: "Well that's a first, usually you'd be like "Yeah! Go Chaos! Destruction! War!" but now you actually want us to stay out of trouble?"

Croire: "Shut up, you know why I'm doing this, right Vert?"

Vert: "Yes I do, but..."

Rom: "Mr. Grun needs our help..."

Vert: "And that's what we are going to do."

Croire: "You're not going to listen to me, are you?"

Vert: "Nope."

Adult Nep: "Give it up Crosty, if she's anything like the Vert from ultradimension, you know how stubborn she is when she's made up her mind."

Croire: "Yeah I know..."

...We decided to go down to the square and there we saw just how things escalated...

Grun: "Enough is Enough! My nation is for Everyone and I mean EVERYONE!!! No one breaks that law!"

Human: "It's impossible to live with these monsters! They eat too much, they sleep wherever they want, and some of them have even attacked humans!"

Monster: "Like you're ones to talk! Ever since the first time we started living here, you have scorned us, treated us like trash! And you never showed us that we we're welcome!"

Grun: "I said... ENOUGH!"

...With a single smash of his staff he summoned a large breeze that blew through the arguing factions...

Grun: "If you still intend to fight, then I will have no choice but to do this..."

...Everyone was silent, made a single peep after that sudden outburst of rage...

Grun: "Anyone who upsets the peace in my nation will be... EXILED!"

...The citizens we're shocked, for the first time ever, they have seen the wrath of their lord.

Grun: "I have taken so many risks and have lost so many already, if its for the greater good of the many... Then I will gladly let go of a few stubborn heads... If you still want to cause trouble after you've been evicted though... Then be prepared to lose your life..."

The people we're afraid, they knew that if they disobey then they will face the lord's wrath, Grun was true to his words and everyone knew this, he keeps his statements and never breaks them...

While this does make everyone realize his authority... this action also...

Human: "tch... just because you're powerful..."

Monster: "We shouldn't have accepted this treaty before..."

...Bad blood started to show its form within the factions... Fear, hate, and sorrow are now present in the populaces hearts... If it were us CPU's we would feel the sudden decline in power and we would do our best to rekindle the love of our people... but...

Grun: "So...You won't listen to me?"

Human / Monster: "hiiii---!!!!"

...Lord's don't take power from faith... It's their willpower that makes them strong, far stronger than us CPUs... but they will never truly understand what's inside their people's hearts...

Grun: "Then I hereby declare that both of you be EXILED!"

Human: "N-no way..."

Monster: "You can't do this!"

...he asserts his power and authority with an iron hand... soon the others dispersed and guards came to pick up the exiled individuals...

Grun: "Go and face the world without my protection."

The two begged for forgiveness, tears streamed their eyes and they were falling into despair...

Grun: "So I forgive you and then you'll just cause trouble again... it's better off if I just send you off right now, than let anger win over me... now LEAVE! before I do something more horrible to you both!"

...With no other option left the two went on their separate ways...

Vert: "This isn't right..."

Rom: "Those poor people..."

Adult Nep: "Wow... Even I don't take lightly to these kind of events."

Vert: "Neptune, keep them both from interfering."

...I had to make a stand right now, this can't continue...

Vert: "Grun!"

Grun: "Hm? You... I told you to stay in the basilicom."

Vert: "No... You need to listen to me."

Grun: "What?"

Vert: "What happened back there..? Why did you do that?"

Grun: "Leave the few and save the most... It's as simple as that. My goal is for the betterment of many so if they don't want my world, then they don't deserve to fly under my wing."

Vert: "That is plain Tyranny! The way you are doing things are causing a very bad reputation to your name and the Nation as a whole to come into the surface."

Grun: "hrm...So what...?"

Vert: "Huh!?"

Grun: "It was never about me anyway, if they wanted to, they could overthrow me for all I care, but that is if they are able to. While I hold the power... While I hold the ability to shape the nation, I will do all I can to achieve the Utopia in my dreams."

Vert: "...Ah!... now I see... this is what you wanted to hide..."

Grun: "Excuse me?"

Vert: "This is your sin... This is your regret..."

Grun: "I have no Idea what you are saying..."

Vert: "It's clear as day... This repugnant scent of lust for your ideals that you want to fulfill... The stubborn thorn that's pierced you blind from the truth... If you won't see for yourself then I will show you through brute force!"

...In a blinding light I transform into my HDD form... It's time to pry open the Wise Sage's eyes.

Grun: "Such power... But it matters not... So you'd dare to challenge me?"

Green Heart: "I am challenging you with my own convictions... We shall see if your willpower can hold out..."

...I ready my lance and point towards him...

Green Heart: "I shall show you the power of a CPU!"

Grun: "Fall prey to a Lord's might!"

...With those words we charged forth I swung my land downward which he nimbly dodged and then used his staff to cast a familiar spell...

Grun: "Invisible air!"

...His silhouette disappeared from sight, but there was distinct sound that echoed in the air, the loud whirling of the wind that refracted light... I follow the sound carefully and with my lance I thrust it in the direction where the sound was coming from.

Green Heart: "HAAAHHH!!!"

...Clang! my lance hits something, it was like that strong vibration that i felt during my first battle with Grun, his winds made contact with my lance but this time my hold was stronger, my power was greater and I break through his disguise easily, I then proceed to swing my lance to his side...

Grun: "Hrmph!"

...he grunts and launched my lance away from my grip with air manipulation... he then creates multiple clones of himself and unleashed another spell...

Grun: "Take this... Strike Air!"

...Multiple air blasts came my way, luckily I've already learned some of his tricks, like him I create multiple clones of myself which confused him for a bit, I then rush to grab my spear and performed a multi hitting attack...

Green Heart: "Kinestra Dance!"

...I take a firm step and launched myself towards my enemy, while holding my spear forward, in an instant I dashed in mach speed all the while skewering my enemy multiple times. a few of my attacks break through.

Grun: "Kha!"

...But his protective layer of air prevents me from dealing a final blow.

Grun: "Not bad... now how about this!"

...He dashed forward and just before he clashed with me, he aimed his staff to the ground and casted a spell...

Grun: "Huster!"

...A sudden burst of air revolved around him and it expanded, the deadly revolution hits me and I was sent flying high into the air...

Green Heart: "Agh!!!"

While in the air, we collided with our weapons and proceeded to go for more physical blows, I swing with my lance, he thrusts with his staff, it was a long cycle of blows that showed the measurement of our power and convictions, I was not about to let him experience the sad future that he was heading, I needed to make him see his errors his mistakes, he needs to face them! Accept them and finally make amends with his faults!

Green Heart: "AHHHH!!! SPIRAL BREAK!!!"

I parry his last attack and deliver a downward blow...

Grun: "Guha!"

Green heart: "Not Over yet!"

In a lasting shine I go beyond my transformation...

Next Green: "My lance will pierce through!"

...I deliver a series blows to him while he was falling down...

Grun: "Khh....! Aghhh!!!! Wind! Come to me!"

...While I was attacking him, he summoned a gigantic sphere of whirling winds, he first used it as a sort mace that connected to his staff, he faced my attacks with it lessening the damage of my blows...

Next Green: "Take this!"

...I threw my lance at him and he launched the sphere of wind at me, the two projectiles collided and a massive burst of energy exploded in the air...

We floated on the same level and had blazing fire burning within our eyes...

Next Green: "Time to end this... Infinite Spears!!!"

Grun: "I agree... Divine Air!"

...I summon countless warp gates that fired countless spears towards Grun, while he summons a magic circle behind him and unleashed a gigantic tornado that rushed towards me... The scale of his attack was overwhelming, it was 10 times larger than my own attack... but...

Grun: "What!?"

Next Green: "I've got you!"

...My spears simply pierced through the gigantic tornado and hits him, each spear shattered on contact each fragment damaged Grun in small but consistent amounts...

I then raised a barrier to shield myself from the incoming tornado... when the attack ended I launched one final spear to finish off my own attack...

Next Green: "Now just like before... FALL!!!!!!"

as the final spear pierced through him, the spear shattered and countless fragments attack the fallen lord...

With my energy exhausted I land to the ground looking down on Grun who was lying down on the ground...

Grun: "...Fair play..."

Vert: "You too... Now do you see, not even your unyielding will can stop true ideals."

Grun: "...No...I won't accept defeat just yet..."

Vert: "Still so stubborn..."

Grun: "I told you, I don't care what happens to me... as long as I can give my nation a bright future... I don't care if they hate my methods, if they disagree with my ideals... I know for a fact that if my plans go through, then this war... not just in Leanbox, but all of Gamitopia... will finally end..."

...I was dumbfounded... how can a man with so much knowledge... with so much wisdom... refuse to face the reality of his actions... There must have been a catalyst... something or someone must have caused him to go this blind...

Peashy: "Bert! Look!"

Rom: "Oh no!"

Adult Nep: "Grun! Vert! Watch out!"

...The party screamed at us as they point at someone... caught off guard we couldn't avoid what happened next... 4 spears were launched towards us... we were hit hard and due to our powers not being in their optimal state, we were helpless as the perpetrator showed herself...

EnCodex: "It's all because of this beast right...?"

Vert and Grun: "Huh!?"

...Out of nowhere a dark void appeared before us and it engulfed the world in pure darkness...

EnCodex: "Greetings Lord..."

Grun: "Who are you...?"

EnCodex: "I am the one who will make you disappear from the face of the world..."

...She snaps her finger and summoned that ominous dagger... it shines brightly and reveals someone before us...

Emerald: "Ugh..."

Grun: "Emerald!"

Vert: "No! What have you done to her!?"

...The girl in white aims her dagger to Emerald's neck and says the following...

EnCodex: "This beast is what's maintaining your will... That unbelievable drive for something unreachable... I wonder what will happen if I snuffed out the life of the one keeping your will afloat..."

We were looking at an angel of death, bathed in white light and clad in white cloth, but she carried an air of despair, and here she plans to end us all...

Histy Notes:

Grun's Conviction - "Save the many, Leave the few." Is a twisted thought process taken from Kiritsugu from Fate Zero, like the Kiritsugu, Grun prioritized the many over the few.

Author's Notes:

Happy New year everybody! A little late to the occasion but anyway... I know that someone in youtube just made a bad name for himself and... let's just say I got bummed by that...

On that topic, I just want to make it very clear... SUICIDE is never... NEVER the solution, to anyone suffering from these emotional struggles, all you gotta do is reach out. Now I know, that's easier said and done, but there will always be people out there to help you.

I myself tried to end my life one day, but I changed my mind and took the first step to change myself... And while it wasn't easy, it was very worth it... Life is a wonderful thing... spend it to the fullest.

Happy Neppy New year Everyone, and I'll see you guys in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 150 65
Introducing my first Original Fanfic of Hyperdimension Nepunia Gamindustri is a world filled with wonder and technology as the four ruling nations of...
100K 1.1K 29
(Y/N) (L/N) is 16 year old kid. He had close friends on his school, but something changed on him...Something more special...He had a power that could...
106K 1.3K 53
What would happen if the goddess's came across a demon, but the demon isn't what they thought he was.
369 5 7
After seeing plenty of Gamindustri's sights and meetings its locals, Bios went to Planeptune with her older sisters. Under the company of Neptune and...