Rainbow Reflection

By Mygypsy

Harley woke from an accident that should have ended her life. When Drew found she had no memory of who she w... More

Rainbow Reflection
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Him
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 - Him
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 Betrayal
Chapter 37 Yesteryear
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42.
Untitled Part 45
Chapter 44. A mother's love
Chapter 45. Hell hath no fury ...
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Next in the Werecat Stories
Epilogue

Chapter 40 - Homesick

729 60 35
By Mygypsy

Hi everyone.

Sorry it has taken so long to update but the cats don't always co-operate.

Here's a peak into Steven's mind since he was the one talking loudest.

Don't forget to comment and vote.

Gypsy

Steven:

I watch as the vehicle containing the Dorringtons drives away leaving a small trail of dust in its wake. It had been a short visit, tension had hung thick in the air as all who had arrived in the car had kept giving Rosy nervous but silent glances. Rosy had sat on the small bench, her gaze constantly flicking between Micah and Kali. A soft smile had hovered on her lips whenever her gaze had touched on Kali as she played on the ground with one of Cameron's toy trucks.

"Are you okay Rosy?" Micah asks softly. "You look tired."

Hearing the concern in his voice I look at Rosy, evidence of her restless sleep last night is etched in bruise like shadows on her face.

"She doesn't sleep well of a night because you aren't with her," I can't help the censorious tone of my voice as I speak before she can answer. Micah sends me a swift dark glance, our friendship has become very strained in the past few months. I don't hesitate to voice my disapproval of the physical distance that is often between them. I glance towards Rosy where she sits and as if she can feel my eyes on her she glances my way and gives the slightest shake of her head. I watch as Micah walks over to her and reaches down, takes both of her hands and draws her up into his arms.

"Still can't sleep properly?" Micah asks softly as he folds his arms around her holding her close. He rests his cheek against the side of her head only to lift his head and look me full in the face with a dark angry glare, I know my scent is all over her.

"My Daddad!" The angry exclamation startles everyone and I look down to see Kali trying to push between Micah and Rosy's legs. Kali gives a shriek of outrage and before anyone can react Kali opens her mouth and bites Rosy just above the right knee.

"Hey!" Rosy growls as she steps back to pull Kali free and lift her up to face level to glare at her. "Naughty girl Kali!"

Rosy's tone is sharp and forceful as she gives her daughter a hard look, Kali looks into Rosy's face a moment before giving a loud wail and trying to twist towards Micah.

"Daddaddaddaddad!" Kali shrieks in an ear-splitting wail and cries noisily as she reaches her chubby little arms towards Micah.

"Dadda bubba!" Kali wails with loud hiccupping sobs as Micah snatches her from Rosy's arms and cuddles her close as he rubs her back soothingly.

"It's okay Kali, Daddy has you," Micah soothes gently as he rubs his cheek against her small dark head before lifting his gaze to look at Rosy with a frown.

"You scared her!" Micah spits tightly. "Kali doesn't know you!"

"Do you honestly think I don't know that?" Rosy asks evenly in a totally emotionless voice. Micah stares at Rosy tight-lipped for a few moments before turning away, he bounces Kali slightly in his arms and slips one hand under her chin to lift her face so he can look her in the eyes.

"You don't go biting anyone Kalika Rose," Micah says gently but firmly. Kali glances at Rosy with teary eyes, pursed lips and wobbly chin, hitches in a shaky breath then buries her face in the crook of Micah's neck with loud hiccuping sobs.

"Dadda Bubba, Dadda Bubba!" Kali wails loudly.

"I'll be over at the Quarters," Rosy evenly before turning and walking away in the direction of the Quarters.

I take in Micah's worried glace after Rosy, hesitate for a moment and then turn to follow her. I know he will settle Kali down for a nap or for a play with Cameron before he comes to see Rosy. The time between our arrival and that of the Dorringtons

had been too short for any real discussion between Rosy and Micah and I know he will want to talk to her about why she had decided to come here today.

I find Rosy in the kitchen of the quarters helping herself to a bottle of cold water from the fridge, she gives me a half smile before moving to the lounge room where Timny, Chris, Justin and Donny are seated on the floor with Dacey and Wynn while Terry is propped up on the lounge.

"What are you guys up to?" I ask as I walk back into the lounge room with my own bottle of cold water. Truthfully I had forgotten that the boys had came with us this morning and force a smile as my gaze flicks from boy to boy.

"We're having oranges," Dacey says with a bright grin as he holds orange segments up in both hands.

" Timny showed me how to peel mine!" Terry exclaims in excitement. "I didn't need no help!"

"Good for you!" I praise Terry with a broad grin.

"I'm going to go have a shower and then a bit of a nap," Rosy says. I glance her way and receive a slight frown from her. She had tried to avoid touching me since she had a shower this morning before we left the Homestead but something inside me just keeps pushing me to leave my scent on her skin. I know Micah and Rosy are trying to rebuild their relationship but I need to keep reminding her I am still around.

"Steven look!" Dacey claims my attention. I grin as I turn back towards the boys and move to where they are eating their fruit. Wynn frowns as he leans to the side to look past me where his mother has no doubt disappeared from sight

"S'eep," Wynn lisps and a rueful grin pulled at the corners of my mouth.

"There wasn't any trouble?" Justin asks. A discussion starts between me and the other toms, they bring me up to date on what has been happening on these dreaded visits from the Dorringtons.

I can no longer hear the shower when I get to my feet and go to check on Rosy, my footsteps are almost silent as I walk along the sleep out glancing into rooms as I go. I find her in the room Micah and I used to use. She is stretched out on his bed, her head on one corner of a pillow, the rest of it angled in front of her face. She stirs slightly and lifts her head, her damp fringe falls forward and she lifts the arm that had been holding to pillow to her to run her fingers through her hair and push it back off her face as she looks my way.

I can't help the hungry way my eyes trace over the large t-shirt that cling to the swell of her full breasts, the indent of her waist and the curve up over her hips. The neck of the shirt that has slipped off her upper shoulder leaving bare her silky smooth skin exposed to my view and I glance at that skin before looking to where her long toned legs show beneath the hem of the t-shirt. Those delicate looking toes curl and I glance at her face as a low growl rumbles from her.

"Is there anything you need?" I hate the words as they leave my lips. I don't need to hear her denial, that intense guarded look deep in her eyes reminds me it isn't me she is waiting for. I catch myself rubbing at the centre of my chest as if to ease a physical pain, her gaze flicks to the movement and she lowers her head back to the pillow silently before closing her eyes. I turn away and head outside, I can feel the restless stirring of my inner cat. He demands that I go back in there and leave my scent all over Rosy if Micah's scent isn't on her. The rich, ripe smell of her heavily pregnant body calls demanding it is made clear to anyone who may come across her that she is guarded and protected in her vulnerable state.

Outside the air is clear, the heavy atmosphere from earlier has dissipated. As I look around the sights and sounds that greet me are achingly familiar. There is a faint

sound of music from the main house, the soft muted murmur of voices from the quarters behind me. I turn and head for the shed that is used as a gym aiming to work up a sweat with a workout. Inside the gym the air is circulated by a large fan, I strip my shirt off and move to a treadmill, stepping up onto it I set a program into it and turn it on.

It feels good to jog as my warm up starts, gradually the speed and incline will increase getting my heart rate up before I move to other equipment to work on muscle strength. I turn my head and watch as Micah walks into the gym, he rips his shirt as he pulls it off and tosses it aside before stepping onto the treadmill closest me to. He is breathing heavily and faint guttural growls come from him as he eyes me. I can't help myself and growl back, I knew it would eventually come to some kind of a show down between us. Micah trembles visibly for several moments before he hits a few buttons and the treadmill starts, a few adjustments and he is moving faster then me. I suck my breath in through my teeth as my heart starts to beat faster, my muscles swell, a few taps and my treadmill speeds up.

My attention is divided between pushing myself faster on my treadmill and keeping track of Micah. I am fit and hard from daily hunting as well as runs around the Homestead property. I can feel the sweat start to run down my chest and spine as I glance across at Micah. I don't think I have ever seen him look more pumped up or fitter, I guess it is true what they say about the husband bulking up when his wife has a daughter. Our joggers are pounding on the treadmill belts, the machines going as fast as they can. In a startling move Micah grabs the front of his machine and executes a running somersault to dismount from the still racing treadmill and land on the mats in the open area. Not to be outdone I try my own running somersault over the front of my treadmill. I am annoyingly aware my dismount isn't as smooth as Micah's as he sends me a feral grin but I cover my stumble as I swing my arms and slap my chest.

"You're gonna learn not to leave your stink all over my wife boy," Micah snarls insultingly. Refusing to be provoked I lift my top lip into a sneering snarl.

"I will leave my scent all over her every time you are not there with her," I taunt. In the back of my mind I remember all the times I had seen my father spar with his own head warrior seemingly in earnest. Was this what it was?

We begin to circle each other on the mats, I fake an attempt to come to grips and am slightly surprised when Micah steps forward eagerly. I find myself forced to shake off his hold as Micah stops circling and lifts his chin slightly, I know he is looking at others who have come in the doorway.

"Time for me to school you boy," Micah says smoothly. This time he doesn't resume circling, instead he comes straight at me and I step forward eagerly. The slam of his body forces me back a step and I don't have time to react before he scoops me up over his head and slams me down onto the mat on my back. My breath leaves my body with a harsh grunt and I loose a vital second trying to suck air back into my lungs. I drive low against his legs trying to knock him down, I succeed but instantly regret it as I find myself battling not only his greater strength but also his greater weight. I grunt and slam an elbow back hard, I feel it connect solidly and hear the hiss of breath from Micah.

"You won't always be there ..." I taunt. A voice in the back of my mind warns me I am playing with fire but I can't help myself as I laugh and lift my chin as we face each other.

"She tastes real good don't she?" I say and chuckle as I grin. "And the way she smells ... all hot and spicy ... all wet and slick in the shower ..."

This time Micah tackles me taking us both down onto the mat, we grunt and hiss as we trade some serious holds and blows. A hard forearm splits the inside of my mouth as my cheek is ground against my teeth, I taste and smell the coppery tang of my own blood. I am forced to keep moving, rolling, turning to avoid being pinned for more than a few seconds. I manage to break away and get to my feet for a few quick breaths but Micah launches himself at me before he is even on his feet and we go down in a tangle of arms and legs. A hard elbow connects with my nose, bone crunches and I feel blood flow freely. I loose control of my temper and suddenly we are rolling around trading full strength blows.

I manage to get my knees up against my body and use my legs to lift and kick Micah bodily off me. I hurry to get to my feet and step away from him, he has landed quite a few good blows and I know I am out matched. I reach up to straighten my broken nose and when Micah comes at me again I hold up both my hands palms facing him. Before I can say 'Enough," Micah is on me hammering me with hard blows and I am forced to duck and weave trying to escape some of the punishment. I back away warily when the barrage of blows stops and wipe the back of my right hand across my lips where I feel blood flowing from my nose. I glance at the thick smear of blood on my hand before rolling saliva around in my mouth then spitting off to one side.

"Hell man!" I curse and spit again to rid myself of more blood from my mouth. "She chose you, always bloody you! I got the message the third time I struck out with her!"

"Third time?" Micah snarls at me. "What third time? First when she picked me over you and married me, and again when she came into heat after having Kali ... you still sniffing after my wife?"

Micah comes after me again and this time I back away from him but stop when I realise he isn't chasing me. I swallow hard as I see the way he is watching me, the way he takes a step towards me. Micah is stalking me slowly and methodically.

"It's always you," I say defeated. "She can't sleep properly. Keeps waking up and is as restless as hell. I'll get in bed with her to simply hold her so she can get some sleep ..."

I look away as I swallow hard.

"It's always your name on her lips when she disturbs," I say tightly and look back at him to find Micah is within striking distance if he chooses. "I am just the warm body and heartbeat so she can fool herself into getting some sleep. But it's always your name she murmurs in her sleep, calls as she wakes..."

"What. Third. Time." Micah demands in a hard tight voice and I look away as I wipe my hand under my nose. But damn I had liked my looks!

"The second time ..." I say quietly and glance at him ready to get away if I can. "When you were in America and Rosy was so close to full heat I pushed it, I tried my best to get her to choose me. I hear her words every time she murmurs your name. She told me, 'I'd never be able to forgive myself for betraying him...' that's what she told me when I pressed for her to accept me for her heat, she was hurting real bad but all she thought of was you." I tell him bitterly.

Micah's slap to the side of my head knocks me off my feet. I take my time pushing myself into a sitting position and pinch the bridge of my nose between my thumb and forefinger. But dam it is starting to throb! I push the sick feeling from the blood running down the back of my throat aside and climb to my feet slowly. I chance a glance towards Micah but he is standing staring at the doorway. Even before I look I know Rosy is standing there, I can't smell her due to the state of my nose but I can

almost taste her as I breathe through my mouth because of my mashed nose. She doesn't look my way, her attention is only for him. I let my breath out on a shaky sigh and she spares me a quick once over before turning her attention back to Micah. I watch as Rosy walks up to him and places one hand in the centre of his chest as her eyes trace his face before drifting slowly down over his shoulders and chest, cataloguing every little smear of dirt, every forming bruise. When she turns towards me a frown forms as she looks at my face before she glances down at my blood splattered chest.

"Are you pair finished waving your dicks at each other?" Rosy asks dryly and turns away. "And Micah, don't forget he is our best friend,"

I watch as he hesitates with a glance my way before he turns and follows her with long strides seemingly unaffected by our fight. I am aware of every bruise that is starting to make their presence known, every ache, every twinge. My entire face throbs from my broken nose and I dread looking in a mirror to see the damage. I don't bother glancing at the others as I hear the faint scuffs that tell me they are moving away. I make my way over to a seat against a wooden panel of wall and sit down, close my eyes as I tip my head back and pinch the throbbing bridge of my nose to try to steady the flow of blood.

I open a wary eye when I hear someone approaching, I am not that surprised to see Chris carrying the first aide kit as he approaches to stand in front of me. He reaches out and moves my hand aside to study my face for a few moments before giving a nod and placing the first aide kit on the seat beside me.

"At least your nose is straight," Chris says as he opens the kit. "Any dizziness? Pain when you take a deep breath?"

"Mainly just the face," I say and realise my jaw hurts pretty badly as well. "Me jaw,"

"You're lucky," Timny says from beside Chris and I turn my head slightly to glance his way. I notice the pale faded bruising along one side of his jaw, I hadn't noticed earlier inside and make a note to take more notice in the future.

"The first few times either the others had to pull Mitchell off me or I had to high tail it away from the buildings for a few hours," Timny says, one corner of his mouth lifting sardonically. I watch as he turns around and pulls his t-shirt up to expose his back and several long scars that travel nearly the length of his back.

"He's worse when he's a cat," Timny says as he rights his shirt and turns to face me. A faint laugh escapes me and I give a slight shake of my head.

"When she's a cat Rosy is the one who sets the rules," I say and wince as Timny uses his thumbs to check my cheekbones for fractures. "Believe me Micah would have nothing on her if I was to over step the line,"

"And yet Rosy was the one who told Chris to get out here and make sure you're okay," Timny says as he hands me a bottle of water.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Voices By Kat

Fanfiction

9.4K 229 13
"Voices. That was all I heard at first..." When Astrus Quinn wakes up in an unfamiliar room with people she doesn't know, what will become of her? Wh...
572 27 14
Megan Rene Trinity wakes up remembering her name and nothing else. She doesn't know how she got in the hospital or where her parents are. Her aunt an...
146 33 30
She wakes up in a car injured with no memories of who she is. With the help of one person, Eli, she has to figure out the secrets of her past, before...
2.5K 82 15
Harley Quinn left everything she loved behind to be with The Joker forgetting who she was and becoming who he wanted her to become. A master at manip...