The Resistance

By -ShellyF

Jahmir Phillips and Kaelynn Smith met once Jahmir moved to Atlanta with his grandparents. Her weight always s... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 (reupload)

Chapter 42

2.6K 133 18
By -ShellyF

(Kaelynn)

Waking up next to Jahmir felt amazing. He was going to go home last night, but I didn't want to be alone. One thing ended up leading to another and ended up making love to each other for a majority of the night.

I didn't realize just how tired I was until I checked my phone. It was already after noon. Not only that, but I had a lengthy text message from my dad. He sent it to me yesterday morning, but I'm just now seeing it. I left my phone by accident yesterday morning. I would have checked it when I got home, but I got busy. Literally.

As much as I would have loved to lay in bed with Jahmir all day, I knew I had something important to do today. I replied to dad quickly before getting out of bed.

After finding underclothes in my dresser, I made my way to the bathroom. My hair appeared to be a mess. I didn't feel like doing much to it, so I finger combed it up into a decent bun. I found some elasticts to tie around it then I tied one of my scarves around my head.

By the time I was done with my morning routine, Jahmir was just waking up. I couldn't help but laugh at him. He was attempting to tame his hair, but he just gave up.

"Good morning handsome." I smiled as I walked over to him.

He hugged me and pulled me down onto his lap. Any other time I'd be worried that I was too heavy for him. I was twenty five pounds heavier then. I'm still not at my ideal weight, but there's no denying that I've made amazing progress. I'm proud of myself.

He kissed me then rested his head on my shoulder and shut his eyes.

"Jahmir I know I did not wear you out that bad."

My laughing caused him to open his eyes again.

"It's not that. It's just... last night... well this morning was probably the most sleep I've got in the last week."

I've noticed how tired he has been lately. He has been acting kind of strange too. Last night was the first time we've spent time together this week. I can't help but think about the conversation the ladies were having last night. I'd like to think that maybe he has just been busy though.

"Really? You only slept for like five hours. What... Or who has been keeping you up?"

He narrowed his eyes at me before lifting his head up. Instead of answering me, he just stared at me.

"Well? I'm waiting for an answer. There has to be some reason you barely have been sleeping."

"Well I can clearly tell you're insinuating that I'm cheating. Not true. Only thang I done cheated on was a test."

I gave him an odd look then he sighed. "Fine. Tests. Multiple. Shit I had to get to senior year some way."

Even though I tried to keep a straight face, that made me laugh. I know he's lying. He's a very intelligent guy. He doesn't need to copy off anyone.

"But anyway... If I'm being truthful, I've been working more. I've been doing stuff for pops at the dealership. There's something that I'm saving up for."

He already has plenty of money though. It's bad, but I accidentally went snooping through his stuff one day. Okay, it wasn't an accident. But anyway, I seen a few atm receipts. I already knew he was well off anyway though. That just really confirmed it.

"Do you ever see any cute girls there? Ever talk to them?" Those questions shouldn't have came out my mouth, but they did.

"Yes and yes." He chuckled while pulling at the hair on his chin.

"Jahmir y-"

"People bring little kids there all the time. Of course I talk to them. Jahmir love the kids."

All I could do was smile at his response. It's the best thing ever how he doesn't get mad about my slick remarks and questions. He's always been the one that knows how to deal with me the best.

"What time is it?"

I grabbed my phone then pressed the home button. 8:58AM.

"Shit. I'm about to be late for work. I plan on being at the dealership the whole day. Do you have any plans?"

That question made me remember that I actually did have something to do. Something important. Jahmir is always side tracking me.

"Yes. Mikayla and I have something to do. Are you going to get ready here?"

"May as well go home." He told me as I stood up. He stood up as well, putting on his shirt. "I have to get my uniform."

We left out my room and went down the stairs. He found his shoes near the door and put them on. While I locked up the house, he took me by surprise with a question.

"Kaelynn, do you love me?"

When I looked at him, he twirled a piece of his hair around his finger. "Sorry, I don't know why I asked that. I'll see you later."

He was about to walk away, but I grabbed his arm. "I do Jahmir."

His smile almost melted my heart. At times I still don't understand how I got so lucky to have him in my life. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I could have such an amazing boyfriend.

"I love you more." He chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Drive safe Kae... Faye."

Later

As I sat on the sofa waiting for Mikayla to come down, I heard the front door being unlocked. I glanced back to see dad coming in with bags in one hand and a carseat in the other.

"Good morning dad." I got up and grabbed the carseat for him so he could lock the door back.

"Good morning baby girl." A big smile came on his face as I allowed him to hug me and kiss my cheek.

I followed him into the kitchen and sat Kiya's carseat on one of the island stools. I pulled her blanket off then I unbuckled her.

"I just made a quick run to The Waffle House for some breakfast. If I knew you were coming by, I would have got you something too. Want to share mine?"

That's really sweet and considerate of him. The Waffle House has the greasiest food ever though. It's been almost two months since I've eaten greasy food.

"No thanks dad. I'll probably just get something while I'm out."

He simply nodded. Since Mikayla was taking forever to get ready, I watched Kiya to give him time to eat. The last time I got any experience with a baby was when Mikayla was a baby. And to think, she was about to have a baby. Things would have been so different had she had the baby. Then again, they're different even though she didn't.

By the time Mikayla came down stairs, I'd gotten Kiya to fall asleep. Dad just told me to lay her in her carseat because he would take her up to her nursery soon.

"Good morning princess." Dad stood up and attempted to hug Mikayla when she came in the kitchen. She barely hugged him back, which clearly hurt his feelings.

"Morning Mike."

One of my eyebrows hiked up. In all my years I have never heard her call him by his name. We're not even close and I still respect him enough to call him dad.

"Umm." He tried to hide his disappointment as he pulled out his wallet. "I'm sure you girls will be gone the rest of the day. How much will you need for gas and food?"

Okay, now I officially feel horrible. I've been so rude to him, all my life pretty much, and now Mikayla is doing the same thing. Everything that's been going on has affected him a lot too. His marriage is on the verge of ending. He's had to step up and take care of a newborn so suddenly. He brought this on himself, sneaking around with mom, but I still feel bad for him. No one knew this would be the way things would turn out.

"It's okay dad. I got it. I got paid the other day."

"Are you sure?"

I got up and gave him a hug. "Yes, I'm sure."

I let him go then I turned towards Mikayla. This was the first day in a while that she's put some effort in her outfit. Maybe she's feeling better.

"Ready?"

"Not really. I have no idea where we're going." She sounded so aggravated. "And plus you woke me up."

Let dad tell it, all she's been doing is sleeping. She's letting the depression set in and take over her life. Sadly, I have no idea how to help her. The place we're going may help her or it may make things worse.

"Umm." Dad put his wallet away. "I'll see you later princess. Use your key to lock the door."

He grabbed Kiya from her carseat then he left the kitchen. Poor guy.

"So you're just not going to tell me where we're going?"

If I did that, I know she would never agree to go with me.

"No I'm not." I grabbed her hands. "I haven't always had your back in the past, but just know that I have your back from here on out."

Her eyes started tearing up. "You've told me that before." She snatched her hands away from mine. "Don't try to fill my head with all this nice stuff because you feel sorry for me."

I followed her to the door. "No Mikayla, this time is different."

"Every time has been different, Kaelynn. You've hurt me worse and worse each time."

She has to at least some what trust me. Otherwise she wouldn't be going anywhere with me right now.

She locked the front door then we went and got in my car. I was about to leave, but words just started flowing out my mouth.

"This time is different because I'm a different person. I'm no longer the insecure, evil, hateful person that I used to be. Mikayla I truly do have your back. I'm not surprised you don't believe me. I'm just going to have to prove to you each and every day that you can depend on me. One day you won't question my loyalty to you, because I'm going to do everything I can to build your trust in me. You'll see."

She simply rolled her eyes and put her seatbelt on. I didn't expect her to warm up to me so easily. She may hate me or love me for where I'm about to take her. This is something she needs though.

Here goes nothing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.5K 1.6K 62
"How ...cc...cca....ccan you !! I..I don't believe these bullshits. Parth ...Parth!!!,I know this this is....this is just a joke, but it's not funny...
737 5 17
Everyone's had a crush. It's a secret, painful, embarrassing, all consuming and more often than not, it's unrequited. What would happen if you took a...
396K 27.5K 33
What happens when you grow up wearing clothes that are too small or way too big, or wear hand me down clothes passed on from family, get teased by yo...
33 0 18
Life hadn't always been easy for Joey, but she managed. Taking life into her own hands, she did what she wanted when she wanted and how. Not worrying...