Roommates || Calum Hood

By sugarplumluke

"Hopefully being roommates will settle your arguments." More

Roommates
Chapter 1 // Premiere
Chapter 2 // The Deal
Chapter 3 // Moving In
Chapter 4 // Toothpaste
Chapter 6 // Hook-ups
Chapter 7 // Date
Chapter 8 // Press Conference
Chapter 9 // Tummy
Chapter 10 // Explanation
Chapter 11 // Apologies
Chapter 12 // New
Chapter 13 // Jacket
Chapter 14 // Party
Chapter 15 // Dare
Chapter 16 // Night
Chapter 17 // Babysitting
Chapter 18 // Tired
Chapter 19 // Max
Chapter 20 // Realize
Chapter 21 // Birthday
Chapter 22 // Awkward
Chapter 23 // Travel
Chapter 24 // Australia
Chapter 25 // Bump
Chapter 26 // Sneak
Chapter 27 // Scare
Chapter 28 // Wanna Be Yours
Chapter 29 // Caught
Chapter 30 // Oops
Chapter 31 // Spider
Chapter 32 // Skating
Chapter 33 // Reagan
Chapter 34 // Knees
Chapter 35 // Wisdom Teeth
Chapter 36 // Love
Chapter 37 // Bowling
Chapter 38 // VMAs
Chapter 39 // Puke
Chapter 40 // Zoo
Chapter 41 // Hotel
Chapter 42 // Rehearsals
Chapter 43 // Water
Chapter 44 // Goodbye
Chapter 45 // Phone Call
Chapter 46 // Step
Chapter 47 // Texts
Chapter 48 // Snapchat
Chapter 49 // Troy
Chapter 50 // Bar
Chapter 51 // Over
Chapter 52 // Post
Chapter 53 // Plans
Chapter 54 // Home
Chapter 55 // Reunion
Chapter 56 // There
Chapter 57 // Broke
Chapter 58 // Plan B
Chapter 59 // Dinner
Chapter 60 // Talks
Chapter 61 // Doc
Chapter 62 // New Year's
Character Answers
Chapter 63 // Shower
Chapter 64 // Last
Epilogue

Chapter 5 // Drunk

460K 10.9K 11.3K
By sugarplumluke

*Cassidy

"Hi Mum," I greeted into the laptop that was resting on the top of the cold granite counter top in my new kitchen. I could see my mother clutching onto my dog, Max, from the other side and she was peering into the webcam with her eyes squinted.

"Are you at a friends house or something? Why does your apartment look so different?" She asked me, her expression revealing that she was utterly puzzled.

I shook my head. "No, um, I had to move into a house in Malibu for the summer. It's part of a management deal. Do you remember Calum Hood?"

A giant smile grew upon my mother's slightly wrinkled cheeks. "Of course I remember our neighbor, Calum! We actually just had dinner with the Hood's last night. Apparently he's in Los Angeles at the moment too. You two should go catch up! It's still such a shame you're not friends anymore."

I groaned underneath my breath as the dodgy computer screen pixelated my face for a few seconds when it attempted to maintain the connection. Of course my parents adored Calum, they had absolutely no idea what he did to me. If they had any clue there was no way I would ever be allowed to be within a ten mile radius of him. "Well, Calum and I are kind of forced to live together. We're roommates now."

"Roommates?" Mum repeated, a sense of shock evident in her tone. She screamed something to my father who was probably lounging on the couch viewing some reruns of his favorite television programs. "Honey, that's wonderful. It's good to be surrounded with people you knew before you became an actress. It keeps you grounded."

Speaking of the devil, Calum sauntered out of the bedroom with only his loose fitting sweatpants on and exposing his toned stomach. His large hands ruffled his dark hair as he yawned. When he noticed that he was on camera, he waved excitedly and plopped down on the bar stool next to me. "Oh hi Mrs. Gold! It's so nice to see you. Wow, Max has gotten so big. I remember when he was just a little puppy."

"He's still just as cute," My mother cooed, scratching beneath my dog's fluffy ears. I missed my dog more than anything and I desperately wanted to cuddle with him again. "I just saw your parents last night, Calum. Your mum is quite proud of you."

His cheeks altered into a shade of bright pink. It pissed me off. He had no reason to be blushing, or to be talking to my mother like nothing has changed in our lives. "Aw. That's really humbling. I hope everything is going well back in Australia."

"It is!" She exclaimed, just when my dad entered the room, a pair of too-small magnifying glasses perched on the bridge of his nose.

"Hey Cal. Make sure you take care of my daughter, okay? And no funny business. Keep your hands to yourself." My father's attempt to intimidate Calum failed miserably considering they have always been fond of messing with each other. It annoyed me how easily the two of them could talk to each other.

Calum just chuckled, sneaking a quick peek at me through the corner of his eyes and noticing my unamused expression that seemed similar to someone suffering from the chronic brat face. "I'll talk to you guys later," I mumbled through gritted teeth, and quickly shut the laptop before my parents could whine about how they barely had an opportunity to talk to Calum.

"Don't talk to my parents like that. They'll fall for your innocent façade," I hissed, letting the ball of my feet press into the tile floors as I eagerly squirmed away from my spot in the chair next to him.

He shook his head at me in amusement. "Cass, you would act all nice if one of my parents called you. You wouldn't act like the little stuck-up bitch that you've become."

"Excuse me?" I spat, a gasp escaping my mouth at how easily the words rolled off his tongue. "I am not stuck-up."

He smiled smugly at me, which only irked me further. "You didn't deny that you are a bitch."

"I'm only a bitch to you," I protested, crossing my cardigan covered arms across my chest. "And you deserve it."

"You need to learn how to let things go," Calum stated nonchalantly, whipping his phone out from his pocket and casually scrolling through the touch screen without a care in the world. He seemed so comfortable in our current situation, whereas I was dying for a loophole that would let me move out.

The front door swung open without a single knock, revealing a very peppy Bree who had managed to slither into the kitchen with two smoothies in her hands. She squealed as her starry-eyes glimpsed over my new home and Calum seemed genuinely confused on her presence. "Oh my God! It's so gorgeous. That view is just to die for. I would have no problem living here, Cass. Besides, Calum is pretty cute."

I scoffed, extending my freshly painted nails out to grip onto the condensation ridden plastic cup that held my typical strawberry-banana smoothie. My mouth instantly took a sip and the cool beverage sliding town the back of my throat lubricated the hoarseness that occurred from my screaming at Calum. "Do not call that devil cute. Ashton is cute though, have you heard from him since the premiere?"

"Yes, I was kind of hoping he would be here though. I'll have to outfit repeat so he can see my butt in these shorts," Bree giggled through her various sips of her own chunky smoothie from our favorite frozen yogurt place.

"Girls are so weird," Calum noted, as he groaned underneath his breath. "You two didn't even greet each other. And why didn't you get me a smoothie?"

Bree's cheeks flushed with red as she made eye contact with the shirtless pain in the neck that was sitting behind the counter. "Oh, I'm sorry. I mean, I can go out and get you one-"

"No," I interrupted swiftly, placing my hand on her shoulder to prevent my best friend from rambling on to some unnecessary apology. "He can go get off his lazy butt and get one himself."

Calum rose from his chair while throwing a loose-fitting t-shirt over his neck and snatching his car keys off the hook by the door. "Maybe I will get one for myself. I'm going to the studio for a bit and then the guys and I are going out. I don't know when I'll be home."

"Okay?" I retorted bitterly, unaware of why he decided to share his schedule with me. Calum just shrugged before heading out the front door and speeding down the driveway, leaving Bree and I completely alone.

My best friend let out a loud chuckle. "You're so mean to the poor kid. I'm sure he couldn't do anything that bad."

I bit my lip to prevent myself from opening my big fat mouth and spilling out what exactly happened between Calum and I. But the memories were both embarrassing and infuriating and I didn't want to disclose the information to anyone other than Calum.

"You have no idea, Bree," I muttered, finishing the last bit of the smoothie by sucking up the lingering fruit pieces at the bottom of the cup and making that horrid vacuum-like sound. "Can we go watch a movie and talk about my upcoming date with Luke?"

•*•*•*

Bree's brunette locks were sprawled out over the entire surface area of my lap. Her eyes were smothered by her lids and faint snores would occasionally wiggle out of her nostrils. She always has had a habit of falling asleep early and then having to re-watch the ending of the films later.

On the other hand, midnight was rapidly approaching and I was wide awake. I wasn't even the least bit tired. Luke had texted me to confirm our plans for tomorrow a few hours ago, but apart from that, my night has been pretty relaxed. I feel so much more at ease when Calum isn't home. He hasn't been home since this morning when he departed for the studio, and I was silently praying that he wouldn't be coming home so I could have the bedroom all to myself.

As if one cue, my phone began vibrating against my denim shorts and I quickly shifted out from underneath Bree's head in an effort not to wake up the sleeping beauty. "Hello?" I whispered into it, without even bothering to check who was calling me at this hour.

"Cassieeeeeee," A familiar Australian accent slurred. "It's Callie-Pallie, your best friend like ever."

I growled at him. Of course he was completely smashed and drunk on a Tuesday night. This was the kind of crap I did not want to deal with. "Calum, you're drunk. Hang up the phone and go find your bandmates," I ordered, practically scolding him.

"Cassie! I can't find anyone! I need your help, babe. Michael left with some chick and I don't know where Luke went and I think Reagan went home with another guy which I'm not too happy about but that is a different story," Calum rambled, a giddy laugh traveling through the speaker. "Can you come pick me up? Pretty please? My mama always said to never drive when I've been drinking and I can't make her cry, Cassie. Have you ever seen her cry? Oh my God, Cassie, it's not a nice thing to see-"

"Calum!" I screamed, cutting off his bewildered and incoherent talks.

I glanced over at Bree who was still completely knocked out on the couch. If I didn't go pick him up I knew he was going to hurt himself and I really couldn't have another scandal like that add another weight onto my shoulder. Management would kill me and they would claim their album sales would be ruined. I sighed heavily. "Calum, where are you? I'll be there really soon. Just tell me the address and don't do anything stupid."

He murmured the name of the bar to me, I was familiar with it since it was one of the few that was very lenient on serving alcohol to underage adolescents, and I hooked it up to my GPS. My fingers gripped tightly onto the leather wheel as I drove into the city, eager to get there as soon as possible before Calum started wander off and make a complete fool of himself.

The bar wasn't too far of a drive and I sneaked inside without a problem, despite being dressed in apparel that was far from the general clubbing-outfit. The music was blaring against my eardrums and swarms of sweaty bodies were swaying along to the beat of the music. I quickly spotted the infamous shaggy brown hair of Calum, who was perched on a sofa next to a girl clad in tight leather clothing who was peppering kisses down his jawline.

I scrunched my nose up in disgust as I sauntered over towards them and yanked his body away from the girl. "Wait, Cassie, no! I finally found Reagan, please let me stay," Calum whined as he struggled to maintain his balance as I tugged on his tan arm.

"No. I didn't drive all the way out here for nothing. You're coming home," I stated, pulling him even further away from the couch.

Reagan pressed her lips against his before waving goodbye and dashing out onto the dance floor, seeming to not care at all by the dismissal of her previous make-out partner. I kept a firm grip on Calum's wrist as I attempted to drag him out towards my car, but he was too wobbly to walk. I draped his arm across my shoulder to keep him stable and sprinted towards my car, buckling him into the passenger seat as if I was his babysitter.

"Thanks for taking care of me, Cassie. You're the best girl in the entire universe," Calum cooed, leaning his head over the seat to nuzzle his head against my cheek.

I couldn't help but crack up at the sight of him so disoriented and lovey-dovey. He was definitely an emotional drunk. "I can't wait to tell you what you're saying when you're sober," I mused, keeping my eyes on the road while sneaking glimpses at my roommate to make sure he wasn't trying to gnaw his way out of the car or anything.

"Remember when you accidentally drank your sister's vodka instead of your cup of water at your grandma's birthday party and I had to stop you from dancing around like a maniac?" He reminisced, chuckling to himself and clapping his hands together as if this was the funniest thing he had ever heard. "Man, those were the days, Cassie."

"Everything is different now," I tried to explain, which only made a shocked face take over his face and tears begin to form in the brim of his brown eyes. "You're literally a child."

"But I'm your child, Cassipoo," Calum countered, flashing me a bright grin. He pinched my nose with his coarse fingertips, making me jump by the sudden touch. "Wait, no. I want to be the sugar daddy."

Just when I thought Calum couldn't get anymore annoying, I met drunk Calum. But I easily preferred this bubbly side of his personality that reminded me of my old best friend more than the famous Calum Hood who had completely ruined our friendship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

author's note: drunk calum and sassy cassie all in one chapter i am so in love

thank you guys for all your support with this story im really hoping you guys are liking it bc i love writing it and i have big plans for this story so pls stick around ok babes

you'll find out what happened between them like very soon like sooner than you think ok its coming shortly just wait :-)

most of you voted for the ship name of callidy so its official now!!! idk you can pronounce it however you would like to alright lil sugarplums whatever makes you happy

dedicated to awgirwin bc she said i am her fav writer on wattpad and liKE WTF WHY IM SO LAME BUT  AW YOU ARE A CUTIE THANK YOU I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU LOTS STOP BEING SO SWEET BEFORE I BLUSH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 178 43
Read the title :)
362K 5.3K 45
endless preferences from tumblr
196K 2.2K 101
This where you imagine that you are dating,married,or sibling with 5SOS.
441K 6.6K 91
Brother/Sister Preferences with the boys from 5SOS Open for requests! Leave a comment or message me