Gentle Predator

By Jia-Belle

Who do you become when you've lost yourself? When the world you know is torn into pieces, is it not easy for... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 2

1.2K 34 5
By Jia-Belle

Chapter 2

The loud waterfall was the only thing I could have heard. It was if I wasn't screaming at all. The noise that left my throat was nothing compare to the one that was around me.

Death was the only thing that ran through my head as I kept on falling, and falling. Time seems as if it just stopped. I was falling but it did not feel as if I was. Gravity around me appeared to have stopped working and I was now just floating.

The black figure that ran into me was nowhere to be found. I barley even got time to see what the thing looked like. I did in fact felt its soft fur before it practically pushed me over the edge. I didn't know I was so close to the waterfall. If only I listened to Dawn maybe I wouldn't be in this situation. I admit I was wrong and should have took her advice.

Stupid me

Now I'm just waiting for my death. There is nothing else I can do but wait...

Something was choking me.

It's as if someone stuffed something into my mouth and blocked it from coming back up. I tried to take in some air, but nothing was coming in or out. I tried harder again and I sadly got the same result as the first try. I began to panic and I feel my chance of surviving to be a very low.

With a few more tries, I figured I should just stay here and die. Nothing was working and my body wasn't responding.

No...

I cannot die...

I will not die!

I have too much things to do before I die. I have things to see and people to know. It would be a waste to throw my life away.

Once again I tried my best to fight with life. I took in air in hopes that something will past. Nothing happened so I tried again. By the fifth time I tried, finally I felt some air passed through my lungs. My hope raised as I took in another deep breath and more air began to pass though.

I suddenly began gasping for air as water came rushing up my throat and through my mouth. My body jerked forward as I coughed the water out.

What happened to me?

Why am I here and why the hell am I choking?

I coughed some more until my throat was clear and All the water was home. Finally I dared myself to open my eyes. Slowly I lift my lids to welcome the sun that shined above me. The burning light made me feel like I have been staring at it for a whole hour now.

Where the hell am I?

I quickly turned from my back to my sides to look at the scenery around me. I looked around with wary eyes and noticed all the trees and bushes that were surrounding me. Sitting forward, I noticed right in front of me was a small lake. Did I come from the lake? I stared down at my wet clothes then back at the river. How did I get wet?

Am I a mermaid?

That's the only logical thing I could think of. Who in there right mind would randomly go into the lake for no reason? It seems like I was that crazy person.

But how did I get out?

I flinched rubbing my temple. Damn, my head hurts from all the thinking. The bright sun wasn't helping me either.

With a deep breath, I began to stand from my sitting position. My body began to hurt but I didn't let that stop me. I can't just sit here and do nothing.

When I got to my feet, I looked around and tried to make out where I could have came from. After a while, I got frustrated and just started walking. I didn't know where the hell I am going but I'm sure I will eventually get somewhere. I might even meet some campers that can help me get out of her.

I wrapped my arms around my waist as a chilling breeze came running through the forest. The lack of clothes I was wearing wasn't helping at all. Not only am I practically naked, but I'm wet. I'm going to freeze out here.

From the corner of my eyes I suddenly saw something moving from inside of the trees in front of me. It was more of a shadow than an actually figure. Well, I think it was a shadow.

"Hello?" I called looking at the spot I once saw it.

I received nothing but silence. The only thing that could be heard was the rushing of water and the creatures in the woods. A sudden chilling feeling ran down my spin as I kept on walking deeper into the forest. Once again I noticed a shadowy figure ran across the trees causing me to swiftly turn around to face it. Just like the last time I was nothing.

"Who is out there?" My shaky voice asked as my heart began to beat faster.

Still... nothing.

Panic ran through me as I began walking a little faster than I was going before. Everywhere I went, the shadows followed me. Everywhere I looked there was something hiding in the trees. What really had me was when I noticed golden eyes coming from a tree to my right.

That is when I began running.

My body was weak and my throat was burning but I ran for dear life. I am not going to die for a second time in about 20 minutes. Golden eyes doesn't pop out of the trees unless it's something dangerous.

I began running as fast as my feet can take me. My whole body protested as I did so. Underneath my feet was sore from all the rocks and sticks I stepped on. My heart was beating faster and faster as those golden eyes haunt my vision.

Just when things could not get stranger, out of nowhere a boy appeared in front of me. I was about to run straight into him, but he extended his arms and held my body, bringing me to a stop.

"Whoa, there girly." He said with a small chuckle.

H-he's laughing?!

Why is he laughing? There is something, some kind of demon chasing me and he is stopping me?!

Why?

I pushed away from him and placed my hand against my beating heart. I swear it's going to burst out in front of me.

"Who are you?" I questioned taking a few steps away from him.

"The question is who are you, and what are you doing in the woods by yourself?"

"There is something-" I tried to say between breaths. My fingers ran through my hair pushing the wet strands from my face. "There is the shadow..."

"A shadow..." He repeated with an amused tone. He stared behind of me for a moment then turned his gaze to my trembling body.

"Why are you wet?" He asked raising his brow at me.

"Why am I wet? Well, I don't know."

Why am I wet?

Why am I here actually?

I would like to know the answers to those questions as well. I'm sure I didn't just walk in the woods and decided to go for a swim. "

You don't know how you got wet?" The man asked me.

I shook my head and tried my best to remember what happened. My memory was a big blur and all I got was a headache.

The man opened his mouth to speak again, but there was a piercing howl in the air, and the boy in front of me tensed up and looked around. His jaw was clenched and I swear his eye color changed, but maybe I drank too much fresh water.

His gazed turned back to me and a small smile or what I guess suppose to be a smile came on his face. "I want you to run as fast as you can out of the forest." He instructed.

Wait, I don't even know where I am going, and he wants me to run? What if the shadow things come after me again? I would be too weak to do anything to protect myself.

"You want me to run?" I whispered with wide eyes. He nodded then shook me a little, "I promise to find you."

"How?"

There was a howl once more and this time he growled. Maybe I really should run away. There is clearly some kind of wolf or whatever in these forests, and this guy is just creepy for suddenly growling.

I stared at him once more before making my run for it.

Like the first time, I ran for my life. This time I knew exactly what I was running from. My legs were about to give out, but I kept pushing myself once I saw those shadows in the bushes again. Howl after howl pierced the air sending my adrenaline in a frenzy.

The only thing I could think of was how scared I am right now and how I need to get the hell out of these woods. Not even my aching feet could change that.

I dared myself to look back and when I did, I regretted everything. There was this wolf, no a bear like creature, chasing behind of me. I'm pretty sure if it wanted to it could catch me, but for some reason it looked like it wasn't pushing to get me.

I don't care, I still screamed. I screamed to the heavens as it got closer and closer. I turned back around and noticed an opening in front of me. I pushed my legs faster until finally I was out the forest and it was gone. So were the dark figures that were running with me.

"Holy shit!" I breathed out though pants. Was that what I really just saw?

I was being chased by a wolf!

That doesn't even look like a wolf at all. I stopped running and my legs gave up causing me to fall down on the floor with a thump.

What am I suppose to do now? I'm too weak to go any farther. I'm sure if I stay here those things will come back for me and probably kill me. With a sigh, I ran my hands over my face and kept it there for a while just to think.

"Boo" A sudden voice said. I screamed as I jumped away from the voice. I pulled my hands from my face to only see the guy from in the woods.

How did he get here so fast? He wasn't running with me and I sure as hell know that it was a far run. He wasn't even panting like I was. He stood above me breathing normally and perfectly fine.

Now...

"Don't do that." I snapped punching his leg, but it seems like that didn't affect him at all.

"How did you get here so quickly?"

"I have my way."

"You have your ways? Did you fly or something?"

"Don't be stupid."

I ran my hands through my damped blonde hair, and took a deep breath. This guy was strange.

"So, what is your name?" He asked me.

That is a good question...

What the hell is my name? I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to know my name but I don't remember. Just like I don't remember why I am wet. Come to think of it, I don't remember anything.

"I don't know..." I trailed out looking at the grass beneath me. How could I not remember my name?

"You must have hit your head hard." He mumbled to himself.

Hit my head on what? Gosh there are so many questions I need answers to.

I looked up at the boy standing above and tilt my head. "Do I know you?" I asked "I mean, since I don't remember anything maybe I do know you. Like a friend or something; maybe a brother. Oh my gosh I don't remember if I have a brother."

And here comes the panic attack. My breathing became faster, sweat began to fall from my head and palms, and suddenly everything around me began to spin.

I... Can't... Breathe...

The boy quickly sat beside me on the ground beside of my and took my shoulders in his hands. He shook my for a while before tapping on my cheeks.

"Calm down there." He said rubbing my arms up and down. I look into his eyes as he stared down at me. "My name is Noah, and your name is ah... Stella."

Stella?

That was a pretty name. I smiled at my name and nodded my head slowly. My breathing was now under control so I began to ask questions again.

"Ok, now where am I from?"

"California?"

"How old am I?"

"18, I guess."

I nodded at him then started looking around. Maybe I can remember this place if I try my best. I thought hard for a while but as always, everything came out blank.

I turned back to Noah and just stared at him. I only know realize how attractive he was. He has these amazing grey-shiver eyes that were just breath taking, perfectly chiseled face, and strong jaw. From what I saw when he was standing up, he was tall, muscular, and had dark hair on his head

He was just so... Attractive.

He noticed me checking him out and a smirk grew on his face.

Oh how embarrassing!

I looked away quickly and cleared my throat. "I am so tired." I chuckled shaking my head. I don't know where it came from, but I just suddenly became tired.

He sighed then looked around for something before looking at me. "Can you walk?"

"My legs went numb after that run." I gave a shy smiled then looked down. With that said he stood up and left me up in his arms bridal style as if I weighed nothing.

As our skin made contact, I noticed how hot he was; Temperature wise.

I needed warmth so bad. I snuggled closer to his chest to get all the heat I can to warm my freezing body.

Noah chuckled then started walking to some unknown direction. I don't even know what happened after that because I was lost in a deep sleep.

Hopefully I can remember something...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I wasn't going to make her lose her memory but it happened.

Like always comment, vote, and do whatever you please my little jellies. :P

Until next time

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57 40 14
Book 2 of "A L T H E A | Werewolf" Terrible news strikes Evander and Althea once again. How do they cope this time? Mystery letters and the revelati...
50.9K 2.3K 50
❝Destiny brought dark and light together, fate brought them love❞ Abused and broken Katia has been through hell and made it back alive. A true warrio...
8.8K 561 60
Second Installation of The Wolf Series... Amelia sought out to find out the truth behind her sister's death. But the answer was a lot more complicate...
13.9K 690 9
It has been 12 years since the Lycan emerged from the shadows and conquered the world. Today, North America is divided into two dozen Territories ov...