Never Forget Me | Bars&Melody...

By xCarlyJx

Mia just wants to get her life back to normal. After going through a rollercoaster of a ride, she's now start... More

Chapter 1 - Trapped Again
Chapter 2 - Escape Plan
Chapter 3 - Seeking For Home
Chapter 4 - Deep Conversations
Chapter 5 - Love Causes Death
Chapter 6 - Painful Truth
Chapter 7 - Secrets Revealed
Chapter 8 - Hiding Emotions
Chapter 9 - Drunk Words
Chapter 10 - Consumed By Lies
Chapter 11 - Sharing Moments
Chapter 12 - Faking Kindness
Chapter 13 - Life Of Lies
Chapter 14 - Deadly Issue
Chapter 15 - Comfort The Truth
Chapter 16 - Date Night
Chapter 17 - Stealing Kisses
Chapter 18 - Hiding Behind Barriers
Chapter 19 - A Bullet For You
Chapter 20 - All My Love
Chapter 21 - Hiding The Truth
Chapter 22 - Never Alone
Chapter 23 - Anything For A Friend
Chapter 24 - Selfish Happiness
Chapter 26 - If You Believe
Chapter 27 - Blinded By Lies
Chapter 28 - Conflict Of Emotions
Chapter 29 - The Act of Protection
Chapter 30 - Revenge Is Sweet
Chapter 31 - Losing Control
Chapter 32 - Don't Let Go
Chapter 33 - Denying The Truth
Chapter 34 - Clichรฉ Love
Chapter 35 - Playing With Fire
Chapter 36 - Nothing Lasts Forever
Chapter 37 - Feelings Change
Chapter 38 - Foolish Love
Chapter 39 - Until The Very End
Chapter 40 - Monsters In The Night

Chapter 25 - The First Step To Forgiving

262 12 1
By xCarlyJx

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E
THE FIRST STEP TO FORGIVING

*•*•*•*

Mia's POV:

Clambering out of Charlie's car after a tensioned silence that had consumed the car, causing every fibre on my body to grow in nerves because I was wary with how long the silence would last, I let a heavy breath of air escape my lips. I then inhale deeply, breathing in the fresh, cool air as I slam shut the passenger side door.

Charlie slipped out of the car on the drivers side, Leo sliding out from in the back seat, a small frown on his lips as he flickers his eyes over at me and Charlie.

I send him a small, encouraging smile after seeing the wariness that filled his features, as Charlie made his way up to me, tangling his fingers through mine causing a spiral of warmth to spill down my hands.

I flush from the action, gazing down at our connected hands in admiration, a warm smile on my lips as I gaze up at Charlie, adoration filling my eyes.

He returns the smile, lightly pecking my lips causing my heart rate to increase, fluttering in delight from the feel of his thick, blossomed lips against mine, our lips melting against each other's for a few seconds before we pull apart.

Our eyes leisurely open, our eyes glistening in joy as I send him a small smile, before looking over at Leo.

He had a small frown on his lips as he gazed down at the ground, his eyes dull and expressionless.

"Let's go." I announce, breaking the silence as I squeeze Charlie's hand gently as I send them both a smile, once Leo's eyes flicker up to meet mine.

He purses his lips together, trailing along one side of me, Charlie on the other as we make our way towards the large fast food restaurant. It looked comfy and inviting, with a red and white layout with booths and stools with tables around the large restaurant.

A small curve of a smile makes its way onto my lips as I excitedly drag Charlie along into the restaurant, gazing up at the immense restaurant in admiration.

Entering the restaurant, I'm instantly greeted with the smell of evening food, causing my hunger to increase.

"Hello, how may I help?" A women asks at the reception table placed by the entrance to the restaurant, sending us a friendly smile.

"Hi, could we have a table for three please?" Charlie politely asks, gently rubbing my hand with his thumb causing warmth to spiral up my hand.

"Sure, follow me." She sends us each a signature smile, grabbing three menus then leading us towards a table.

We all trail along behind her, thanking her when we reach the booth, me and Charlie sitting in one end whilst Leo sits in the other.

A tight smile makes its way onto my lips as I look at Leo, who glanced over at me with a mix of anguished, painful emotions causing my heart to hammer violently inside of my chest.

"Here are your menus." The waitress announces after seeing the clear tension that had filled the table, nervously passing us each a menu.

"Thanks." Leo mutters for the first time since we'd left the house, his voice bleak and dismayed, as he clutched the menu. He opens it, staring at the menu in focus.

"I'll come back to collect your orders when you're ready." The waitress announces, before turning on her heel and strolling off.

I purse my lips together, glancing over at Charlie who's menu was also open, however instead of looking at the menu, his eyes were set on Leo, a peculiar expression resting on his expression as he frowns.

On feeling my gaze, he turns his head to face me, a slanted smile on his lips.

"Are you ok?" I mouth to him in concern, furrowing my eyebrows in concern to the look which had previously been filled with a mix of emotions.

He heavily exhales, peering over at Leo as he reluctantly nods his head, yet I saw the clear uncertainty on his expression.

Yet, I could figure it out. He misses Leo. Yet doesn't want him back; because of the person of which he has became. Or at least he shows to be. I know the real Leo is still in their; so that's why I didn't give up on him.

Under the table, my hands twitch towards his, tangling my fingers through his and sending his hand a reassuring squeeze, sending him a comforting look.

His soft blue eyes gaze at me, sadness filling his eyes as he heavily exhales, dropping his gaze to the table.

"I think I'll have the quorn sausages and chips." Leo announces, placing the menu on the table as he glanced between us, his expression emotionless.

I purse my lips together, rubbing Charlie softly hand with my thumb underneath the table, using my other hand to scan through the menu, biting on my lower lip as I examine the choices, Charlie copying my actions.

"I'll have the bacon and chips." I confirm, closing the menu as I peer over at Charlie.

"Meat." Leo scrunches his face up at the idea of eating pig, shaking his head in disbelief at me.

I smile, sticking my tongue out at him playfully, "I'll have the same as you then if you're so against it." I smirk, rolling my eyes at his dislike to meat.

He grins, clearly chuffed with himself as he leans back in the seat, his arms crossing over his chest.

Charlie peers between us both, clearing his throat as the waitress returns, relief washing through me.

"Two quorn sausages and chips." Leo grins, looking up at the waitress, the waitress writing it down on a notepad.

"Steak and chips." Charlie bluntly announces, closing the menu as he places it on top of mine.

"Any drinks?" She asks, glancing between each of us after she finished writing down our orders.

"Milkshake." Me and Leo say at the same time, causing us to grin in excitement at each other.

He raised his hand out to give me a high five, which I slip my hand from Charlie's, giving him a high five, the small action causing sparks to fly down my hand.

The waitress chuckled slightly from our actions, "flavour?" She enquires.

"Strawberry vegan milkshake." Leo confirms, looking over at me with a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Strawberry." I announce, smirking back at Leo with humour lacing my eyes.

"I'll have soda water." Charlie also announces, the waitress nodding her head in confirmation to our order.

"I'll be back with your drinks soon." She explains, turning around to stroll off again.

"Ironic. Us ordering the same thing." Leo lightheartedly chuckles, resting his elbows on the table as he clasps his hands tightly together.

I giggle, nodding my head in agreement to his words as I brush my clothes down gently, peering over at Charlie who's jaw was clenched, as he stares at the wall behind us; his eyes darkening in anger.

"Char, what's wrong?" I panic, furrowing my eyebrows together as I narrow my eyes from Charlie to Leo, who's lips had formed into a small frown, a quizzical looked placed onto his features for a few seconds.

Charlie narrows his eyes over to Leo, a glare beholding his features causing Leo to look down in shame, his head bowing as he doesn't dare to meet any of our eyes.

"Charlie?" I repeat, the concern in my voice increasing as I look at Charlie, biting on my lower lip impatiently.

He finally meets his eyes with mine, a bored expression on his facial features as his eyes lock with mine, immediately feeling the pressure that built on my shoulders, my breath becoming heavy from his intimidating eyes, which send adrenaline of fear to soak through my veins like a waterfall.

"I." He begins, pausing for a few seconds as he gathers what he's planning on saying, "don't understand." He pauses again, frowning as he points a finger at Leo; as if he were the problem to this situation.

"Why you're acting like nothing happened." He growls, his jaw clenching ferociously as he deprived his hand from Leo, retreating to a clench of the fist by his side.

I flicker my eyes towards his clenched fist, swallowing hard from his angered posture; never having seen Charlie so.... angry before. 

"Char-" I begin, however he quickly cuts me off with a low hiss, which caused my heart to hammer violently inside of my chest.

"He almost killed us, Mia. He lied to us. Betrayed us. Left us. Hurt us." He lists, his eyes darkening after each statement he spoke, seeing the way his body began to tremble.

I purse my lips together, glancing over at Leo, seeing the pain that washed over his features as his eyes filled with fear, disoriented, as if he were deeply affected by Charlie's words.

I reach my hand out across the table, clasping Leo's hands which were rested on the table, frowning at Leo as I shake my head slowly at Charlie's words.

"Charlie, he's still suffering from it. So are we. But if we don't forgive him, none of this will ever fix. The first step to forgiving is understanding Leo, and we need to do that, for the sakes of your duo, our friendship, our lives." I announce, sending Leo a small, encouraging smile, which to my relief he returns.

I hear Charlie intake a sharp breath from my words, closing his eyes tightly, biting on his lower lip aggressively.

I looked over at him; the clear complexity all over his features because I could tell the last thing he wanted to do was forgive Leo; however took my words in further depth, clearly trying to force himself to forgive Leo for our sakes.

"I will try. I am trying. But every time I see him, all I see is him almost killing us; betraying us." He expresses, his eyes filled with pain which causes one of my hands to slip to Charlie's, comfortingly squeezing his hand whilst my other hand squeezes Leo's.

I look between the two boys, sending them a small smile, the hope inside of me expanding slightly despite the previous pain which Charlie had expressed.

"We can do this." I announce, comfortingly rubbing the boys hands, "we'll work together to forgive each other. We can go on this tour next week, forget the past and focus on the future. It's going to be good from here, I promise." I encourage, yet felt the nagging in the back of my mind because I knew things weren't going to get better.

I'll be dead in a few months (more than likely) and I don't know how Charlie and Leo will... manage. Especially if their friendship hasn't fixed by then; Charlie still not forgiving Leo. I knew I was the magnet holding them together for the current time. Without me here for them, they'd had never spoke again.  Charlie would've never understood why Leo did what he did, and Leo would of had to have carry that guilt on his shoulders.

"I hope so." Leo speaks, his voice weak and strained, yet as he looks over at Charlie, I see the glisten that re-unites in his eyes, his eyes warming as he sends Charlie a small smile.

Charlie doesn't return it, instead purses his lips together, looks away from Leo and looks to the side.

"Foods here." He states, which causes my hands to slip from theirs, gazing over at Leo who's eyes filled with battle, a mix of expressions on his features which caused me to not be able to focus on one.

I look away, my heart filled with ache from the argument which we had just had.

*•*•*•*

"I'll pay." I try and persuade, after having just had the dinner; which night I add tasted amazing

"I'll pay, you can't afford it." Leo insists, frowning because I realise his statement was true.

"What do you mean?" Charlie asks, gazing over at me with confusion.

I intake a sharp breath, glancing over at Leo for help, which causes him to divert his eyes over to Charlie.

"I'll pay." He states, standing up and walks out of the booth.

I frown from his words, sighing in defeat as I slump back in the chair, knowing Charlie's bombard of questions which are about to come.

"Are you struggling to pay for everything?" Charlie asks, clasping my hand comfortingly.

I can't hold back the unexpected tears that flowed down my cheeks as my lip wobbles in defeat.

"You could say that." I bluntly chuckle, slowly shaking my head as I bow my head down in shame.

Charlie pulls my into his chest, wrapping his arms around my waist as I let tears slip down my cheeks, staining his shirt.

"I'm sorry." I cry helplessly, shaking my head in disbelief at my reaction to him talking about money; hardly realising the stress of it until he brought it up.

"It's okay, princess." Charlie whispers comfortingly, as I nuzzle my face it to his chest, breathing heavily as I tightly squeeze my eyes together, trying to control the tears as sobs escaped my lips.

"It's not okay." I cry, grasping vis shirt tightly as my body trembles weakly.

"I can give you money, it is okay." Charlie comforts, which causes me to shake my head in denial.

"No, I'm not taking your money." I harshly snap, "please no." I softly beg, tears dripping down my cheeks like a tsunami.

He purses his lips together, instead of replying holds me tighter, feeling his heartbeat race under his shirt.

"Okay." He finally replies, comfortingly brushing his fingers through my hair, trying to control the tears that seemed to be endless.

"Mia?" I hear a familiar voice ask, Charlie pulling me closer from the voice if that's even physically possible.

"Leondre, she's fine." Charlie snaps bitterly, causing me to swallow hard as my crying slows down.

I lift my head from Charlie, peering over at Leo nervously, feeling a few tears slip down my cheeks.

I see Leo's expression break from mine, his eyes creasing in worry as he takes a cautious step towards me, however Charlie flared at him causing him to stop in his path hastily.

"I-I'll be okay." I whisper, my voice breaking as I sniffle, wiping my eyes as I look up at Leo, sending him a forced smile.

He frowns, cocking his head to the side slightly as he examines me closely.

"It doesn't matter. Mia, let's go." Charlie demands, clutching my hand tightly.

I wince from his sudden movement, however hastily make my way out of the booth, seeing the bitterness that filled both of their features as Charlie leads us out of the restaurant.

As we step outside, the gentle wind rushes against my face causing me to exhale in relief, calming me down as I lift my head, closing my eyes as I breath in the intoxicating air.

As we reach Charlie's car, I feel Charlie's hand slip from mine to go on the opposite side of the car for the drivers side, unlocking the car as he did so.

I feel Leo's fingers lightly brush against mine, causing me to swallow hard from the electricity that raced through me from his gentle touch, peering down at his hand touching mine.

"Are you okay?" He whispers to me, looking at me in concern as he furrows his eyebrows.

I nod my head momentously, focusing on his warm hand as I shake my head slowly from remembering the truth.

"No, but I will be." I confess, sending him a small smile and making my way towards the passenger side before Charlie realised Leo's small action; which affected me in millions of ways.

Leo paused for a few seconds before strolling into the backseat of the car, closing the door behind him as he did so.

I close the passenger door, slumping in the leather seats as I exhale heavily, focusing on the road ahead as Charlie starts the car, glancing over at me for a brief second before looking away, driving off from the restaurant.

A tensioned silence fills the car for the first few minutes, my breath slow and shallow as I bite on my lower lip nervously.

"Where are we going?" Leo enquires bleakly, glancing between us both as he rests his chin on my seat.

"Home." Charlie briefly says, which causes a frown to make its way onto my lips as I glance behind me to face Leo,

"Can we go to the cinema?" I perk, looking over at Charlie in excitement.

Charlie exhales, looking over at my excited expression, knowing that it would be more likely to make him agree to my question.

"Fine." He mutters, sighing in defeat as I claps my hands together in excitement.

"Can we watch a horror?" I ask excitedly, grinning sheepishly causing Charlie to exhale heavily in disbelief.

"I'm up for that, gory has to be involved." Leo smirks, his tone bubbly and joyful.

I grin, sending him a high five from me having the same idea of film.

*•*•*•*

"Popcorn?" Charlie asks, as I nod my head in confirmation, alongside Leo who had a cheesy grin on his lips from the idea of food.

Charlie orders three sweet popcorns, then passes them to me and Leo, a wicked idea entering my mind as I take the popcorn from Charlie's hands.

I pick a popcorn up, smirking as Leo's already eating his way through his; top focused on the popcorn to notice the popcorn in my hand aiming directly at his hair.

I throw it, the popcorn aiming directly in his tousled, brown hair; knowing how much he loves his hair.

From feeling the popcorn, he slowly raises his head, a angry yet humorous expression in his eyes, a smirk slowly growing on his lips as he grabs a handful of popcorn.

"Leo..." I warm, stepping back slowly as I try and find somewhere to hide. I look over at Charlie hovering a few feet away as he's examining the cinema tickets.

I race up to him, hiding behind him, peering over his shoulder to look at Leo who has a humorous expression as he takes reluctant steps towards us.

Charlie looks behind him, rolling his eyes at me as he steps away, causing a gasp to escape my lips.

"That was mean!" I pout, folding my arms over my chests as I feel the popcorn hitting against me.

I glare at Leo, throwing more popcorn at him in payback as I brush out any popcorn that had gotten stuck in my hair, while he continued to throw popcorn at me.

"Charlie, help out your girlfriend!" I pout at him, grasping his arm and tugging him towards me.

He bites on his lower lip, shaking his head in denial to my words, "no way am I getting popcorn all over this." As he points up and down his body. 

I scoff, sticking my tongue out at him playfully as me and Leo continue to throw popcorn at each other, knowing people were staring and we were probably going to get told off for it.

"Leooo!" I exclaim, pouting as he throws a load of popcorn in my hair. "I need a shower now!" I complain, throwing a popcorn directly at his lip, so he opens his mouth and catches it in his mouth.

He grins proudly, clasping his hands together in delight from his achievement, wiggling an eyebrow at me.

"Sorry, M-Bear, have to pay back." He grins sheepishly, noticing the way Charlie snapped his head in Leo's direction from the nickname.

"You still call her that?" Charlie asks, his jaw clenching as he glanced between me and Leo.

"Yeah... is that a problem?" Leo asks, raising an eyebrow at Charlie.

Charlie's breath hitches from Leo's words, intaking a sharp breath as he diverts his eyes to Leo, focusing on him.

"Guys... should we go into the cinema?"  I beg, knowing the argument that was about to arise from the built tension that had consumed the air.

Leo nods his head eagerly, Charlie backing down from attempting to argue with Leo again.

I grab Charlie's hand, squeezing it reassuringly as we make our way into the cinema, finding our seats then sat in them.

I was sat between Leo and Charlie, at the back of the cinema, my hands placed on my lap I stare at the screen nervously, chewing on my lower lip in case one of them try and arise the argument again; which would more than likely be Charlie considering Leo hates arguing. Especially with Charlie.

"So....  what time is it?" I ask, glancing between them both to break the tensioned silence that had consumed the air, despite the ongoing conversations around us.

"6:30." Leo states after having glanced down at his phone, sending me a small smile.

I nod my head whilst I purse my lips together, melting back in the chair as I realise that no conversation will fall among us. Instead, I just fall into deep thought and replay the events which have occurred recently, and imagine what the tours going to be like; also if I'll die or not.

*•*•*•*

I cringe from the gory shown on the screen, which consists of a lot of blood and death alongside the cutting off of arms, legs, heads.

I glance over at Leo, a skeptical frown on his lips as he watches the film, his eyes focused on the screen with intensity.

Then I look over at Charlie, who's covering his mouth with his hands as he winces from each scene, clearly hating the film.

"I feel sick." Charlie suddenly states, rushing out of his seat as he makes his way out of the row of seats, heading out of the cinema into the main area.

I give Leo a skeptical look, raising an eyebrow from Charlie's sudden disappearance. Leo just reluctantly shrugs his shoulders, frowning slightly causing me to melt back in the chair, sighing in defeat.

Several minutes pass, and Charlie still doesn't return and me and Leo are left to watch this... strange, gory film.

Currently, a silent scene is on, where the character is walking through the abandoned building and everything silent. Then when a gun shot and a creature jumps out, I hide my face in Leo's chest, squealing from the sudden loud because of how unexpected it was.

Leo chuckles from my reaction, tensing as he reluctantly wraps his arms around me, shaking my head in disbelief from the fact that a jump scene made me so scared.

"Is it over yet?" I whisper, digging my face further into his chest as I squeeze my eyes close tightly. Guns. The sound of the gun echoing through the room. Knowing that... it may one day be the last sound of which I hear. A gun shot.

"Not yet, M-Bear." Leo softly replies, tangling his fingers through my hair which soothes me, my breath slow again as I relax into his body, somewhat comfortable and cosy - just as I remember it to be.

I smile into his chest, from remembering the good old times, the cinema fading into the background as I breath in his comforting scent, relaxing into his chest.

I lose track of how long I stayed like that for, however after a long period of time, Leo soothingly whispers to me,

"M-Bear, should we go and check on Charlie?" He asks, but from his words holds me tighter against him.

I frown from his words, never the less lift my head from his hoodie, reality coming back to me.

"You were crying?" He asks, frowning slightly as he placed his thumb against my check, rubbing the tears which I hadn't realised had fell.

"I - didn't know. I'm sorry." I frown, looking down at my lap as I fiddle with my fingers.

"Don't apologise. What's wrong?" He asks, raising my head as he gazes deeply into my eyes, my heart warming from his warmth.

"I think... it was just the gunshots. It scares me that that may be the last sound I ever hear," I confess, shaking my head as I swallow hard from my words.

He cups my face with his hands, making sure I was looking into his eyes as he speaks, determination and sadness filling his tone.

"I won't let that happen, M-Bear. I promise. Please, believe me." He begs, the bottom of his lip trembling, his eyes filled with so much determination for his words to be true.

I nod my head slowly, tears slipping down my cheeks from his words, my lips in a small pout. "I believe you, Leo." I whisper.

He lets a sigh of relief escape his lips as he pulls me close against him, my body pressing against his as we wrap our arms around one another's, hugging each other tight, as if we were reassuring one another.

I close my eyes tight, treasuring the moment as I squeeze him tight, then reluctantly let go, however that doesn't break the distance for long as I feel my hands slipping into Leo's, sending him a reassuring hand squeeze as I stand up, Leo following my actions as we hold hands, making our way out of the cinema in order to find Charlie.

*•*•*•*

Ten minutes of waiting outside of the boys bathroom, I fall onto the steps, sighing in defeat as I cup my jaw with my hands, resting my elbows on my legs as I peer up at Leo, who's hovering their, chewing on his lower lip in anticipation.

Leo then finally sis beside me, clasping his hands together on his legs as I rest my head on his shoulder, sighing in defeat.

"I never knew he doesn't like gory." I state, raising an eyebrow.

Leo smirks slightly, shrugging his shoulders, "I wanted to see if he'd grown some guts to watch it." He confesses, humour lacing in his eyes as I lift my head from his shoulder, slapping his arm playfully.

"Wow, what a great friend you are." I scoff, rolling my eyes, Leo smirking at me.

"He definitely wasn't in there?" I ask, raising an eyebrow as I focus on the bathroom doors, frustration filling me.

"Nope." He states, popping the 'p' as he wraps an arm over my shoulder.

"Any idea to his whereabouts?" I enquire, biting on my lower lip in worry to where he could be. This isn't like him.

"No idea, to be honest." He shrugs, glancing around the cinema in anticipation.

I groan, shaking my head in disbelief to Charlie's actions, "he better be safe." I whisper, my voice breaking as I squeeze my eyes close tightly.

I feel Leo's hand slip in mins, squeezing my hand reassuringly. "Mike hasn't taken him." Leo announces my question without me having to ask.

I frown, looking at him in confusion, "how do you know?" I ask, cocking my head to the side slightly.

Leo pauses, peering down at the ground, not daring to look at me, his lips parted slightly.

He then shakes his head to himself, raising his head to face me, clasping both my hands as he looks into my eyes.

"Because I believe he hasn't." He sends me a small, encouraging smile; which somehow gives me hope as well. As if his statement gave me the power to believe his words.

"Thank you," I whisper, sending him a small smile. He nods his head in response, smiling.

"Mia." A familiar voice states, as I look up. My eyes bulge open as he averts his eyes to mine and Leo's connected hands, causing me to slip our hands from one another's, ignoring the flash of pain that had consumed Leo's eyes from the action.

I stand up, stepping towards Charlie reluctantly, a small frown on my lips.

"Where were you? We were worried..." I state, wincing from the idea of something having occurred to him.

"Clearly." He mutters, glaring over at Leo before taking steps towards me, grasping both of my hands as he dips his head, softly kissing me on the lips.

I kiss back, however I feel the... dullness of the kiss. It wasn't passionate, it was just... plain.

Before I could analyse it any more, Charlie pulls away, my heart dropping from the action as he takes steps back, dropping his hands from mine.

He looks over at Leo, then at me. "I have to go." He states, which increases my confusion.

"Why?" I enquire, frowning from his sudden difference in attitude.

"I feel ill." He confirms, however I was far from believe it. But before I can pester him for further information, he turns around and strolls off.

My hands dropped down by my side, a hurt expression on my facial features as I stare at Charlie's walking off figure.

I feel Leo's presence place beside me,  his hand firmly slipping in mind, the physical contact sending sparks to fly up my arm.

I slowly turn my head to face Leo, shaking my head in disbelief from Charlie's sudden actions.

"What's wrong with him, Leo?" I ask, tears blurring my vision, my voice breaking.

He stared ahead, shaking his head slightly in uncertainty to my question,

"I don't know" he confesses, reluctantly gazing down to look at me, feeling his thumb soothingly rubbing my hand.

I bite my lip aggressively, exhaling heavily as I drag Leo out of the cinema, leaving us in the cold air, shivers instantly coaxing through me. 

Leo slips his jacket off, placing it over my shoulders as I send him a small smile, his arm wrapping over my shoulders.

"Thank you." I whisper, feeling my cheeks flush from his caring action.

"Someone has to be the gentleman around here," He playfully smirks, strolling down the path with him pulling me close against him, our bodies pressing against one another's.

My eyes bulge open in excitement from the sudden idea which came to mind, "can we go to the beach?" I perk.

Leo raised an eyebrow, a small smile on his lips from my excitement, his eyes glistening in delight.

"At nine at night? I'm up for that." He grins, excitement bubbling through me.

"Let's hurry then!" I chirp, grasping Leo's hand and tugging him down the path to make the walk their quicker.

*•*•*•*

Jake's POV:

Teaching people to use guns is one of the most challenging thing, trusting them to not shoot you, trusting them with the gun.

Now, teaching Kyle to use a gun because he doesn't believe  my dad almost killed him; their dads were best friends.

"Kyle, are you sure you want to do this?" I ask, grasping the gun tightly in my hands, looking him dead in the eye, however his focus was on the gun.

He nods his head, pursing his lips together, to my surprise grasping the gun, stealing it out of my hands.

I exhale from the cold metal slipping through my fingertips, allowing Kyle to now take all of the power off of me.

"You still believe Mia would do that?" I enquire, knowing that nothing I say will change his mind now.

"Jake, she almost killed me!" He hells aggressively, his hands trembling by his side as he clenched the gun tightly, his jaw ferociously clenching.

I exhale heavily, glancing down at the gun, "rule one, never be scared. You are in control of the gun." I state, quickly changing the subject in case he shoots me with the gun from anger.

He glanced down at the gun, raising it slightly as he points it out, towards the target on the opposite side of the ten meter room.

"Mike and my dad have been friends all their lives. He wouldn't do that to me, I've known him all my life, Jake." He spat, gnawing on his lower lip in aggravation as he fired the gun.

It missed the centre of the target, however hit the outsides.

"Sometimes you'll be surprised at what you don't know about people." I confess, frowning as I remember all the times I've been lied to.

"Like our best friend?" He asks, turning as he looks me dead in the eye. "You killed him. Our little friendship circle, remember that Jake? You killed him then left me, you became distant with everyone. You suddenly became someone I didn't know." He explains, darkness consuming his eyes.

I look down at the floor, swallowing hard, the pit of my stomach filling with knots.

"It was my first kill, not even on purpose.  I was traumatised. I had to in fear... that I would make a mistake again. Then, Kyle, it became a habit." I bitterly smile, raising my head high as I step towards him, my figure inches above him so I could look down at him.

"Kyle, don't you dare accuse me of murdering our best friend. I cared about him just as much as you did." I spit, my voice sharp and deadly.

He looks up, his eyes angering, "this is for killing him, Jake. I'll kill the only person who makes you feel, that inch happy. You don't deserve happiness, Jake. You're evil, and if killing Mia is the only way for you to live with the grief of everyone you've killed. Then so be it." Kyle spits, his voice a low growl.

I can't help but feel pain from his words, which I quickly cover up, shaking my head.

"If you want to kill her, go ahead Kyle. Because it won't make me any different. You'll be the one who's evil. Living with the guilt of killing an innocent girl." I backfire, before turning around, storming out of the room, not planning on being the one to help my childhood best friend kill the only girl who makes me feel that small bit happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 27.7K 64
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
1M 55.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

119K 2.8K 43
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...