Multiple Directions (one dire...

By babyblue1996

Mell Spriker is a contestant in the final four of x-factor when One Direction comes to guest start on the sho... More

Meeeeh Morning
Elimination Night
The Boys Are Here!
OH, the tour...
The Fort and a Redhead
My R'edhead and My boys
My new best friends
Emotions and a Movie
Deer eyes...
Breakfast with the boys, Annie, and Bunny Mellie
Sorry Little Zoo Animals
cops scare me
My very lame superhereos
Liam's a Bit Lost (part 1)
Liam's a Bit Lost (part 2)
Clay has Terrible Timing
I Seem to be in a Bit of Trouble
My Time With Clay
My Superheros aren't so Lame
Aftermath. No One Likes It.
The Party Started in the Limo
Parties can be Quite Fun
Problems with Press
Typical Tuesday
Date...in the Backyard.
Sing for Your Life
Elimination Night. Again.
The XFactor Finals
Win or Lose

Swimming at Night

1.9K 12 2
By babyblue1996

Hey guys! hope yall liked the last one!!! :D so yeah this chapter is mostly Mell and her back story BUT there is major mell and Liam smportant part so hope you guys dont pass out, died, or get mad enjoy!!! -gabs<3

I dived into the pool and swam to the bottom. I sat there, forcing myself to stay under until I delt with with the thoughts running through my head.

You're a worthless good for nothing loser that no one cares about.

No. I am Mell. I have a redhead named Annie who is the closest thing to family I've got. I've got 5 incredible new friends that just rescued me from your crazy ex boyfriend.

You have nothing to go home to.

Then I won't go back. It's not my home, not anymore. I'll just...i'll stay with the boys.

They don't want you.

Yes they do. Louis and Harry promised.

Liam doesn't want you.

He saved me. He may not love me like I love him, but we're friends.

You'll have nothing when you lose Xfactor.

I'll have the tour.

And then?

I'll figure it out.

No one will remember you. You're nothing special.

I....I...I am. I am special. I've been voted into the top 4 of XFactor. I am going on tour. I have a redhead sister. I have my boys. I am special.

Not to Liam. Face it. You pushed away the only one that will ever put up with you and let you love him.

No. Clay and I were never love. Nothing about it was love. Nothing. Liam may not, but neither did Clay. I do NOT feel bad.

I could feel my head getting lighter. Thoughts stopped pounding against the side of my head and my chest wasn't as constricted. I could see straight, well as straight as you can underwater. I could remember why I moved on in the first place from all those things Clay told me. They were stupid, wrong, and in the past. A true smile snuck onto my face. And finally, I felt good again.

Then, Ryan's voice echoed in my head. A vision of him whispering in my ear wavered in front of my eyes. He was burning me, my worst fear, as he whispered to me. He breathed it on my neck and burned it in my brain. The voice wouldn't shut up.

You shouldn't have survived that fire. You're mother should've. Everyone knows it. Even your father. She should've lived. Not you. They saved you instead of her.

I opened my eyes to see air bubbles rising to the top. My heart was ramming against my chest and my throat was starting to close. I scrambled my arms and legs franticly. I needed air.

I burst through the surface, gasping. I'm so dumb. I shouldn't have stayed down there that long! My heart was racing and my lungs were hurting from the strain. His words still echoed in my head. My burn was on fire, even in the cool water. I shook my head and pushed away from the wall to clear my thoughts. The water kissed my aching body as I glided silently through it. I made laps with ease, not a single splash. It brought back memories of my mother teaching me to swim, and just memories of her.

"Momma! Momma! LOOK!!" I scream as I jump into the pool.

I pop back up to see my mommy turn and wave at me. I scramble to the end of the pool and climb out. Running over to her, I give her a big hug.

"Thank you so so much for teaching me!!!" I squeal, squeezing her leg.

She sqauts down and smooths out my messy hair.

"You're welcome sweetpea. You are my life." she says, planting a kiss on my forehead.

**

I snuggle into her warmth as she holds me. I cry harder at her touch, broken hearted.

"Shush," she tells me, trying to make me brave.

"Why...Why won't Daddy love me?" I say as two large tears squeeze out of my puffy eyes.

My mother opens her mouth then closes it, searching for an answer. My eyes widen and I throw my arms around her tighly.

"Momma! You'll always love me right??" I say, trembling.

"Oh sweetpea, I will, I always will, you are my life," she answers as she rocks me to sleep.

**

"MOMMA!!!" I scream as the flames get closer.

She grabs me and holds me close. Momma keeps repeating that things will be okay, that God will take care of it, that I am her life. A piece of ceiling falls from above and momma pushes me behind her. It barley misses us. I am trying not to cry as Momma told me not to, but my heart is racing and I want to get out.

A man in a special suit comes and reaches for Momma, but she just shakes her head. I can see tears streaming down her face. She comes for me and picks me up. I haven't been picked up since Daddy told me only good girls got carried and I was not a good girl.

"Not me! Not me! Take my baby! Please!! Just take her first!! She is my life!!" she sobs to the man, holding me out.

The man nods and takes me. He wants me to crawl. I am supposed to crawl away from my momma. I scream and try to run back to her, but the man picks me up. We start running away towards the door. We are leaving Momma behind.

"No! Momma! Wait!" I scream.

I see her get farther and farther away. She is smiling through her tears. Momma waves at me and mouths 'you are my life. I love you.'

As soon as the man takes me out of the house there is a large crash and more flames shoot out the kitchen window. Momma's in the kitchen. The man tells me its going to be alright as he and his brothers go into the house. They all are matching. None of them find my momma. I hear them tell Daddy, who just came and stands a few feet away, that Momma is gone. Gone?

"Daddy!! I want Momma!" I cry, tugging on his pant legs.

Daddy brushes me off and glares at me. The men walk away to pour water on my house. Daddy turns to me.

"It's all your fault," he says to me, "All your fault your mother is gone. Worthless."

I watch Daddy walk away from me. I want my momma. She loved me. I was her life.

I pull up from the water and grab ahold of the wall. I was panting hard. Well I did just swim 5 laps without stopping and reliving painful memories; I think that's cause for a little hard breathing. I stared at the title and process the memories. No matter what, momma was there, loving me. She always told me that I was her life.

"This isn't how I should be living life for her," I said quietly to myself, "I'm not going to waste her life by ruining mine."

I straightened my back and took a deep breath. I was nothing Clay or Ryan or anyone said.

As I thought over my win over my own mind, my ears perked up. I heard a voice. Stiffening, I realized it was close by, and it was a boy's. I grabbed the nearest thing, a floaty board, and whipped around to the sound.

"Whose there?!"

Liam whipped around to look at me. He was sitting on the bench a little farther away from the pool, and must've not seen or heard my ninja like swimming. His eyes widened at finding me.

"Mell?! What are you doing out here?"

I grabbed the wall and pressed myself to it, saying, "I could ask you the same thing, Liam."

He walked closer so that he was almost at the edge of the pool. Liam had brought his guitar with him and carried it carefully in his hands. His eyes were a bit puffy and his plaid shirt ruffled. He was slouching and had a defeated vibe. The puppy eyes were confused. As he came close my heart started beating faster, so I pressed closer to the wall and sunk lower into the water.

He sat down, frowning at me, and said, "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you scared of me all of a sudden? You flinch when I come around or run away if I get too close. What happened?"

"I'm not scared of you Liam," I said, staring him deep in the eyes. As I fought the urge to lose myself in them I thought, I'm scared of what you do to me...

"Prove it. Talk to me. Why are you out here?"

"I came out for a swim to...to think about some things."

"Things like?"

"The things...that...Clay told me tonight."

"Mell none of that is true."

"I know that now! I...I just needed to think it all through and remind myself."

"Don't forget it ever again." he gave me a smile that sent shivers down my spine. So much for not falling.

I propped myself up onto the cement next to the pool. I was careful to stay close to the wall, so I didn't show my burn. He got more comfortable, and put the gutiar in his lap. There was a breeze that blew is perfect hair and I watched as it fluttered. Liam shivered and zipped his jacket. He laughed when he looked at me.

"What?"

"You look like a memaid!"

"The creepy kind or Arael kind?"

"Creepy. All the way," he tried to say in an American accent.

I laughed, "You're terrible as an American!" Asthe laughter died down i asked, "So why are you out here?"

Liam sighed and let his head drop, "Danielle called me."

"What did she say?" I asked as I leaned part way out of the pool. I still pressed against the wall to hide my burn, but I was far enough out to reach out and put a hand on his knee. That burn wasn't the most attractive thing in the world.

"She asked how I was doing...said she missed me," he started, "I said I missed her too. Then she asked if I wanted to get back together."

I gasped, I just couldn't help it. My hand left his knee and I dropped eyesight. I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks, and I tried to fight the feeling of heartbreak.

"I told her I'd have to think about it."

"Oh," I said. I'm a terrible friend....I have to help him. I looked up at him and gave a small smile saying, "If you miss her...you should get back together with her." 

He shook his head and grabbed at his hair, saying, "But that's the thing!! I - I don't know if I do miss her! I said it, but I don't think I miss her like she misses me. I feel like a git. I should be missing her like crazy I loved her."

"Loved? Why the past tense?"

His eyes snapped up and he blushed. He looked up at the sky and tried to think.

"I've just been confused," he said, and let his eyes fall back on me.

I felt myself blush under his gaze. Classic. His eyes were locked on mind. They were confused and desperate. Poor Liam, something is really bothering him.

"Sing," I said.

"What?" he asked, looking surprised.

"Sing," I repeated, "It'll help. Just...sing for me."

He nodded and picked up his guitar. He started strumming and I recongized the song instantly. It was a much slower version of Everything About You. It was my absolute favorite song on their album. Liam closed his eyes and smiled as the music echoed in the silence. He opened his eyes again and focused on me. I, like the goof that I am, blushed.

"You know I've always got your back girl so let me the one you come running to, tuning to, r-r-running. I said it's just matter of fact girl you just call my name I'll be coming through, coming though, I get coming. On the other side of the world it don't matter I'll be there in two, I'll be there in two, I'll be there in two. I still feel it every time it's just something that you do. Now ask me why I want to. It's everything about you, you, you. Everything that you do, do, do. From the way that we touch baby, to the way that you kiss on me. It's everything about you, you, you. The way you make it feel new, new, new. Like every party is just us two and there's nothing I could point to. It's everything about you."

I felt myself get lost in the music. A soothing tingle went own my body as he continued to sing. I heard this song a billion times, but it felt brand new. I let my self relax and pushed away from the wall I swam on my back towards the other side of the pool.

I closed my eyes and sang, "Guess I like the way you smile with your eyes. Other girls see it but don't realize that it's m-m-my loving. There's just something about your laugh that makes me wanna have to, there's nothing funny so we laugh at n-n-nothing."

I was going to sing more when I noticed the music had stopped. Liam wasn't playing the guitar anymore. I looked over at him, and saw that he was staring at me. His eyes were wide and fixed in my stomach. Yup. He saw my burn. I flipped over and shot to the other side of the pool. I scrambled out and snatched my towel. Wrapping it around me, I started to walk back towards the Fort, but Liam blocked my way. He grabbed my hands and unwrapped the towel, exposing my burn. I could've died. He knelt down, so he was eye level with my injury. His fingers lightly ran over every inch of it, and I tried to keep the butterflies from exploding in my stomach.

"Mell," he started, shocked, "who did this?"

"Ryan," I said, and tears sprang into my eyes. I could feel Liam tense, so I explained, "He knew....He knew that mother died in a fire. I was with her and she sacrificed herself to save me...everyone wished she survived and not me, even my own father. Ryan did this...as punishment..."

Tears were streaming down my face as I finished. Liam stood and put an arm around me, pulling me into his chest. I let myself snuggle into his sweatshirt.

"I'm glad you survived," he whispered down to me.

I looked up at him and blinked away tears. He brushed away the wet hair from my face, letting his fingers gently trace down my face and jawbone. His hand, that was lingering on my burn, slipped around my waist and pulled me closer. I locked onto his eyess he tilted my chin up. Liam leaned in and I felt myself go on tiptoe. Our lips were a centimeter away when his phone rang. It was the recorded voice of Danielle giggling for Liam to pick up his phone. A picture of them lit up the night darkness we were in. I watched as the gears in his head turned. His eyes flickered down to his phone, and I pulled away. I turned my back on him as answered the call. My heart shattered, and I wrapped the towel around me again. I tried to tune him out as I walked to the door, thinking, That's it I can't go through that again. I am going to get over him....and I know just how to do it.

"No Dani, I told you I need time to think! I-I'm not sure...not anymore. I have to go bye!" he said , hanging up, "Mell! Wait!"

I forced a smile into my face as he caught up to me.

"Hurry up slow poke," I teased, hiding my heart, and walked inside.

Everyone was in the living room eating the pasta Harry had made. Annie was curled up next to Niall. They were all laughing, but stopped when we walked in.

"What were you two doing?" Zayn asked.

"Just talking," I said, before Liam could say anything, "his guitar was too loud for a quiet swim." I laughed and the other four boys joined. Annie had caught my eye and looked up at me worriedly.

"Let's go party!" I exclaimed at random.

"Why?" Louis asked, confused.

"What? The Tomo Tomlinson doesn't want to party?!" I gasped.

"He does!" Louis said defensively, "But he would like to know why."

"ummmm," I thought quickly, "it's your goodbye party!" And my get over Liam party.

"Goodbye?" Niall asked. Then he said, "Didn't anyone tell her?"

Everyone else snapped their heads in Niall's direction, giving him glares.

"Tell me what?" I asked, eyes narrowing.

Hey guys!!! what did you think??? PLEASE DONT KILL ME! I know i know i ruined the kiss im sorry! I'm going to keep writing and hopefully you guys will love me again haha comment message or chat with me I'd love to know what yall are thinking!!! hope yall liked it! - gabs <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
1M 40.6K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...