Bad Liar

Per LaurenJ22

"Because I should be the only one who looks at you like that," he murmured, his voice dropping low as he step... Més

Author's Note | FAQ | Summary
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
CAST?
VOTE!
CAST ANNOUNCED
Chapter Fifteen
💖 Dedications 💖
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
T R A I L E R
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
O N E M I L L I O N ✨
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven (Final Chapter)
Epilogue
Darker Than Sin 🖤
LURE: BAD LIAR AS AN INTERACTIVE STORY
Live on Lure 🤍

Chapter Thirty Seven

115K 3.8K 1.6K
Per LaurenJ22

-----------------------

Dedication: Kittenpaws07 for having read pretty much all my Wattpad stories and being such a great supporter of mine. Thank you so much for your kind words and your loyalty to my writing. It means a lot to me <3

Recap:

"Get out. Now!" she snaps and Kiarra calmly picks up her bag and walks from the room, a satisfied smile on her face.

As Mrs Price helps Samara to her feet, I don't hang around to feel her wrath. I walk out into the gym, where a group of the boys have gathered, trying to see in through the door.

"What the hell happened?" Miles asks, looking from Kiarra, to me and back to Kiarra.

"I got even," is all she says, before she unhurriedly walks past us and out through the gym doors, without a backwards glance.

----------------------

I take my seat near the back of the classroom and lean back into the uncomfortable, plastic chair. I roll my blue bio between my thumb and forefinger as I absently watch Jai lean over and whisper something into Kiarra's ear. She giggles and I smile at them, looking away.

A few seconds later, Miles strolls in, his books loosely held in his hand, with his sunglasses deeply embedded into his blond locks. He is the only one that wears his sunnies in school, but he looks hot when he does.

I smile at him as he makes his way towards my desk and collapses beside me, his aftershave washing over me, smelling delicious.

"Good morning lovely," he greets me and pecks my cheek, not caring that several people glance towards us as he does.

I feel a blush warm my skin as I smile shyly back at him. "Morning."

Once he has his desk organised, he leans back, throwing his arm over the back of my chair, his fingers scraping against my shoulder blades, making me shiver. He smirks and begins to play with the ends of my pony tail as Mrs Jones begins to set up the smart board.

"How are you?" he asks me in a soft voice.

"I'm good, how are you?" I whisper back, trying to focus ahead of me and not his fingers in my hair.

"I am finding it very hard to concentrate," he says in a quiet voice and I briefly glance over to him, raising an eyebrow. "Because you're wearing that skirt I like."

I grin at him, having purposely worn the skirt.

"Cheeky girl," he murmurs, before removing his arm from behind me and placing it under the desk. His warm hand finds my bare thigh and I let out a squeak. The girl in front of me glances back, giving me a sour look, which I ignore.

I shuffle away from Miles, not wanting to get flustered while trying to listen. He inches closer and moves his hand further up my thigh. My cheeks begin to burn and I quickly dart my eyes around the classroom, feeling like everyone's eyes are on me, when they're not.

"Relax," he insists, his fingers continuing to walk up my thigh.

I close my eyes and splay my fingers over my face.

This boy is making me melt into a pool at his feet, and it's only first period.

***

"Turn this shit off and put something good on," Finn grumbles at me, folding his arms over his chest.

"No, I like it," I reply firmly and inch the volume up.

"I'm the patient, it's my pick of T.V!" he protests and holds out his hand.

"Nope," I reply.

"Isobel," he warns, narrowing his eyes. "Don't make me take it from you."

"I can just run away," I smirk, raising my eyebrows.

"Is that a challenge?" he asks, propping himself up onto his elbows.

I shrug. "If you think you can take it, go ahead."

He pushes into sitting position and I clutch the remote to my chest, glaring at him.

He reaches for his crutches and I leap to my feet. Finn clearly anticipated I would do that, because he suddenly is up, having pushed off his good leg. He leaps on top of me, pushing me back onto the lounge. I snap my head back onto the cushion and feel dizzy, not having expected him to be that fast.

I try to get around him, but he quickly presses his butt down on top of my head, squishing my face into the lounge.

"What were you saying?" he asks me tauntingly.

"GET OFF!" I shout, my voice muffled.

"Hmm? Did you say something?" Finn asks and I let out a scream of rage as I wriggle beneath him, trying to tip him off, not caring about his leg at this moment.

He shakes his butt and I make a disgusted sound as he does. He lets out a grunt of triumph, before reaching around and snatching the remote from my hands.

"Let's see what's on, shall we?" he questions and I hear my documentary be switched off. I swing my arms around and begin to punch any body part I can find, but they're weak and futile attempts to get him off.

I hear footsteps appear at the door.

"Hi mum," Finn grins and I can already see that sweet smile he would have on his face, clearly in my mind. "What's up?"

"I'm not even going to ask," she mutters.

"Thanks a lot!" I shout at her as I hear her footsteps descend in the other direction.

"Sucker," Finn smirks, pressing his butt further into my head, before finally getting up. I make an exaggerated cough sound as I flick my now-falling-out hair from my face. I can feel lines indents in my face, from the lounge. "Wow, that's an attractive look."

"I hate you," I growl with a huff.

He grins wickedly, putting Netflix on.

"Should have done what I asked the first time."

I give him the finger. He grins, forming a love heart with his hands, which only makes me even more mad.

Brothers are so much fun.

***

As I take a seat in the fitting room, I pull out the flyer for the school winter dance. I skim my eyes over it, realising that it's sooner than I thought. It's next week. When Kiarra told me we had left it late to get dresses, I thought she was being melodramatic.

"Ugh!" she groans and stomps out of the room, wrapped in a tight, dusty-rose pink dress. "I told you we left it too late. Now we're not going to have dresses!"

"Relax, we will find a dress," I tell her and get to my feet.

"Do you ladies need help?" Miranda, the sales assistant, asks us with a friendly smile.

"Please," Kiarra practically begs.

Miranda steers her to the opposite side of the room and begins to hold dresses up to her. I roam, trailing my hands over the coat hangers. I've decided to go with a bold colour. Red. I think with my dark hair, it should look quite effective.

After spending another twenty-five minutes at the shop, Kiarra decides on a navy dress. It's a plain, simple dress with a high neck and an elegant flow from the waist down. Miranda picks out a gorgeous necklace to match, pairing it with silver stilettos.

"Is it too plain?" Kiarra asks for the fourth time as we exit the shop.

"No," I sigh. "I really like it. It suits you. With your hair, it looks amazing."

"Thanks," she smiles. "You didn't try any dresses on that whole time."

"I have a clear picture of what I want. I just haven't found it yet," I tell her as we cross the street.

It takes looking through another three shops, before I find the one. It is long, with tiny little red flower-type shapes encasing the upper body. At the waist, it falls, flowing to the floor. It feels smooth in my fingers as I hold it.

As I slide it over my body, it fits almost-too perfectly. I smile at my reflection as I do a twirl. I had made the decision to buy it, before even trying it on. So, when I saw it wrapped securely around my body, it only made me more certain that it's the one. The lady working helps me choose a delicate pair of dangle earrings and a pair of white heels, not that you can even see them, with the length of the dress.

"That's settled then!" she says to me as we wander into the hamburger shop, satisfied smiles on our faces and shopping bags clutched in our palms.

As we take a seat near the window after ordering, I place my bags around my feet and lean onto the table.

I hear a bubble of laughter and look out the window, to see Samara walking beside a dark haired girl. She has bags clutched in her hands, identical to the ones Kiarra has.

"If she wears the same dress, I will murder her," she says through gritted teeth.

"She won't," I assure her.

"Safe for you to say, we all know she won't wear red."

"She would if she knew I was," I roll my eyes. "She'll wear black. I'm one hundred percent sure."

"Like her soul," Kiarra dramatically replies, before slurping on her milkshake.

The burgers are placed in front of us not long after. We hook into them greedily. Shopping always makes me hungry.

"Aw man," I hear Kiarra whine once we're finished.

She leans back and undoes the button of her shorts.

"My dress is going to be tight now, I think I just gained ten kilos."

I snort with laughter as she rubs her belly.

"Are you, Jai, Miles and I travelling together?" I ask her.

"And Finn and Becca," she reminds me.

"True," I nod. "Finn would never miss the dance, broken leg or not."

"I say we just get a limo. Fuck it," she shrugs. "Champagne, good music, my best friends... Can't think of anything better."

I grin. "Cool. Let's do it."

We plan the arrangements and I ring to book the limo for next Friday night, hoping we hadn't left it too late.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Kiarra cries. "We need to get ties, for the boys!"

"Oh yeah," I agree.

We find ties easily, red and navy being quite popular colours. We retire back home by 3 p.m. and Kiarra drops me off at my driveway. I see Becca's black Mazda sitting behind my car.

"Hey B," I greet her as I walk in, placing my bags onto the table.

"Hey girl. Oh! Your dress?" she squeals excitedly, rushing over to the table. "Show me!"

I carefully pull out my dress and she gushes over it, saying how pretty it is. I smile at her, before placing it away.

"What are you wearing?" I ask her.

"I'll show you."

"Can I see?" Finn asks, hobbling into the kitchen.

"No, you stay over there," she instructs as she swipes through her photos.

The entire top half of the dress is clear sequins, making them look like diamonds. I peer down at her phone in awe. There's a thick band at the waist, showing off her petite figure, before flaring out to the ground.

"Wow, that's gorgeous," I say to her and mean it.

"Thanks!"

"Aw, I wanna' see," Finn whines and pouts.

"You will, next week," she replies to him.

"Have you got your suit sorted?" I ask as he leans against the kitchen counter, biting into an apple.

"Yes, I'm wearing navy and I look sexy as fuck in it," he states matter-of-factly as he chews.

Becca scoffs jokingly and I roll my eyes.

"That will go nicely."

"Are you going on the school camp?" Becca asks me, tucking her phone into her back pocket.

"Oh, when's that again?" I seem to be forgetting everything now that I'm dating Miles. He takes up all my thought space and energy.

"Three weeks, I think?"

"I'll be going. Are you, Finn?"

"If mum lets me. It's all hiking and shit, so my leg will still be fucked."

I ignore his language and shrug, knowing that mum won't want him to go. Which is unfortunate, because Finn would love to. If only Eli hadn't happened.

The front door swings open as mum enters, a tired smile on her face when she sees us all.

"Hi guys," she greets us.

As her and Becca begin to discuss dinner, she distractedly hands me an envelope. My name is neatly scrawled onto it in a silver sharpe. I quirk my eyebrow as I open it.

To Isobel Collins,

Kindly join us for the wedding of Clark Reginald and Elizabeth Jane.

WHEN: August 16th, 2017.

WHERE: Ocean Shore Picnic Park.

Followed by dinner and dancing.

"Who's that?" Becca asks me and I stare down at the wedding invite, stunned.

"Miles' father," I murmur.

"No shit?" Finn asks, peering around my shoulder.

"You have one, too," mum says, passing over the invite. "We all do."

We all share a look with each other.

This is going to be interesting.

----------------------

I used a wedding invite that was on my fridge for that lmao. Dances, weddings, all exciting stuff ahead (this was a filler chapter, I know, but I needed it to happen for all the next stuff!) :-))))

It's easier for me if you guys send me questions via Wattpad private message, rather then commenting (questions about the story and/or about myself). I try to reply to any I see, but once you get over 1k notifications, there's a cut off point and I miss heaps of things. So, if you've asked me a direct question through comments and I haven't replied (or just said something nice), I'm not ignoring you, I just haven't seen it!

Snapchat: laurenj_22

Instagram: laurenj_22

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

132K 3.5K 38
" I found the right place for us to start over, to become friends, but just like that he makes everything wrong again. This is my fault, the love I f...
260K 2.5K 8
This is an erotic romance. Recommended 18+! Completed. Excerpt: His mouth was back on mine in an instant, the door behind us rattling loudly as he th...
110K 9.2K 59
Jessica has learned that the right choices are often the hardest ones to make. It takes a marriage proposal to know she's made the wrong one. But bef...
48.9K 3.3K 26
"Sometimes you have to learn to love yourself before you can love someone else." Ellie Sparks stands out in a crowd... in all the wrong ways. From bi...