The Players BestFriend

By ShaynaRWheeler

" I can't believe you cheated on me!" I yelled, causing more people to stare. "You should have seen it comi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Authors note
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Authors Note
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Authors Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Go Follow My Twitter Account!
I need your help!!
Hey Guys!
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Chapter 21

16K 391 122
By ShaynaRWheeler

"W-wow." I stuttered.

We were at a vintage looking barn decorated with Christmas lights. The lights were all different colors. There was music playing in the distance. It was beautiful.

"Yeah... You haven't seen anything yet." He smirked, grabbing my hand.

He dragged me to the stables at the end of the barn. When we got there, two horses were saddled up. One horse had a pink saddle and the other one had a blue saddle. The horses were white. They were so gorgeous.

"They're beautiful. Horses are my favorite animal." I smiled, brushing the mane of the horse with the pink saddle.

"Good. Hop on." He smirked, jumping onto the blue saddled horse.

"Wait.....We're going horseback riding?" I asked, trying to hide my smile.

"Yeah, we are."

I just smiled and hopped onto the pink saddled horse.

"What are their names and who do they belong to?"

"The one you're on is named Sugar and the one I'm on is named Mo. They are my aunt's. She owns all of this land." He said, gesturing to all of the open fields.

"Wow. It's so peaceful out here."

"Yeah it is. I come out here when I need to escape life for a little while."

"So where are we headed?" I asked as we rode towards the sunset.

"You'll just have to wait and see." He smirked, riding next to me.

We rode in silence for a while. We were just listening to the sounds of nature. The whistling of the wind, the chirping of the crickets, and the sound of crunching leaves beneath the horses feet. I'm really enjoying this date so far. I just want to know where we're going.

I started humming the lyrics to "Never gonna be alone" by Nickleback. It's an old song but I love it. It's just so sweet.

"If you ever feel like letting go, I won't let you fall. When all hope is gone, I know that you can carry on. We're gonna see the world out, I'll hold you 'till the hurt is gone...." Ezra sang.

My heart started pounding like crazy. His voice is amazing.

"I-I d-didn't know you listened to Nickleback." I stuttered once again. This boy is gonna cause me to get a speech impediment.

"Yeah. They're a great band. Old but great. They put a lot of meaning into their songs."

"I know. I listened to them all the time when I was younger. They would help me get through tough times."

"Me too". He smiled.

Not even a minute later, we arrived at a beautiful pond. The dock was decorated with lights just like the barn. The sun was setting behind the pond. There was a radio at the end of the dock and a blanket with a basket in the middle.

"We're having a picnic?" I asked as we were getting off of our horses and tying them to a tree.

"Yepp." He replied, popping the P.

We walked over to the picnic and sat down. The radio was playing soft music in the background. I couldn't hear the song very well but from what I could hear it sounded like "Just the way you are" by Bruno Mars.

"I hope you don't mind being so far away from everything at night time." He stated, worried.

"No. Its fine. Actually, I would rather live away from everything than in the center of town. I'm a country girl at heart. Not City." I smiled, watching him get the items out of the basket.

"I'm glad. I was worried you would hate it." He said with relief.

"I love every bit of it."

He made us each a salad and cooked us a small cheeseburger. He packed us a bottled water as well.

"This burger is so good." I moaned.

He laughed. Man I love his laugh.

"So I see. Save room for desert. I made us a small strawberry cheesecake."

"I'm gonna gain ten pounds from this. I'm already fat enough." I said, looking down at my stomach.

"Kylie, you're not even close to being fat. You have an amazing body."

"Thanks." I blushed.

We talked about everything from our favorite food to our most embarrassing moment. His was way worse then mine. He was pantsed in front of his whole school!  One of his friends thought it would be funny to pants him in front of all of his friends but this jerk recorded it and projected it onto the TVs in the school. They had TVs everywhere you looked so everyone saw it. When he told me, I couldn't stop laughing. I almost fell in the pond from laughing so much. He was just watching me with amusement.

We are currently riding back to the barn. I'm on his horse and my horse is following us. I'm setting sideways on Mo so it's easier for him to guide the horse. His hand was on my thigh and it was sending sparks throughout my whole body.

"Hey why did I have to dress up if all we were doing was having a picnic at a secluded pond?"

"Oh the dates not over yet. We have one more place to go." He smirked as we were putting the horses back into the stables.

"Where else are we going?"

"Do you hear that loud music?" He asked, putting his ear to the air.

"Yeah....."

"Well my aunt let my cousin have a party and we're invited. Don't worry. My aunt won't allow drinking. She's pretty strict. It's just gonna be a few of Mason's friends from school."

"Oh okay. I wouldn't want to act like a fool in front of them."

"They wouldn't mind. You're pretty funny when you're drunk." He smirked.

"Whatever." I giggled. "How old is Mason anyways?"

"He's nineteen."

"Oh, okay. So he's out of school? And do you hang out with him a lot?"

"He's been out of school for about two years now and yeah, we're like brothers. We used to be around each other every day until I moved to Nevada. We took turns going to each others house every other weekend. I was glad when we moved back. I missed my family."

"I didn't know you used to live here. I didn't see you in school."

"I was homeschooled. My parents thought I was too good for all of the 'peons', as they would call them, at a public school."

"Oh. Than why aren't you homeschooled now or when you were in Nevada?"

"Asking a lot of questions are we?" He laughed.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I don't mean to be nosy. Just curious."

"Curiosity killed the cat." Ezra said.

"Good thing cats have nine lives then." I smirked.

"Touché." He chuckled. "Well, if you must know, I went to a private school in Nevada and I practically got on my hands and knees begging my parents to let me go to public school here. After a few months, they finally gave in. They aren't very happy with it but I don't really care. This is my life; I want to control it."

"Good for you. You need to take control. You're 17. Live your life the way you want to live it. They can't control you forever. Pretty soon, you're gonna be moving out and going to college. They need to learn how to let go."

"Exactly." He smiled grabbing my hand, intertwining our fingers. "I'm glad you understand."

"Well Brooklyn's going through the same thing. Her parents try to control her but it never works. She's pretty crazy but I love her. She's like my sister." I smiled.

"I can tell. It's good to be close to someone besides a family member. Even though Mason's my cousin, we treat each other like brothers. I don't know what I would do without him. Well actually I do; I would be in trouble all the time." He laughed.

"Why?" I asked.

"I was always getting in trouble at Nevada. I was arrested twice and almost sent to Juvie. I got in fights all the time and I got drunk every weekend. I was a player and slept with a different girl every day. Mason did too but he stayed away from police. He didn't go to the extremes I did. One day, he sat my down and told me I had to get my sh** together or I would end up in prison. Coming from Mason, I actually listened and started doing better. We have and always will have each others backs."

Wow. I would have never expected Ezra to be a bad boy. I gotta admit, It's kind of hot. No. Scratch that. It's freaking sexy!

"I'm glad you trust me enough to tell me this. I hope we can keep it this way." I said as we arrived at the party.

Its a huge barn! It's as big or maybe even bigger than my house.

"I feel like I can tell you anything. I hope you feel the same way."

I didn't say anything. I just looked up at him and smiled. I don't know if I trust him enough to tell him my life's story. I'm glad he trusts me but he said it himself: He used to be a player. I don't wanna just be one of his newest toys. I've done been through that and I'm not gonna do it again.

When we entered the back of the barn, I noticed a disco ball in the center of the barn hanging up. There was hay scattered along the floor. There was beautiful girls everywhere. I feel so ugly compared to them. Why did Ezra ask me on a date when all of these girls are here?

Noticing me, Ezra whispered in my ear, sending chills down my spine.

"You're beautiful Kylie. None of these girls are nearly as gorgeous as you are."

This made me blush and I just kept looking down.

"Follow me. I want to introduce you to Mason and his friends." He said, dragging me to the back.

When we made it there, a group of guys were dancing stupidly to "Animals" by Martin Garrix. I laughed and watched them with amusement.

"Those guys are so stupid." I said, pointing towards them still laughing.

"Well, you better get used to em." He stated, confusing me.

"Mason! Come meet Kylie!" Ezra said, yelling at the group of boys.

I gasped when one of the stupid guys grabbed my butt.

I slapped his hand away and stomped on his foot.

"What the he** Mason!?" Ezra yelled at the pervert.

"Dude! When a pretty girl like her comes in, you know I have to get a piece of that." He smirked, causing Ezra to shove him.

"Stay away from her and tell you're friends to keep their sleazy hands off of her too!" He shouted, causing a few people to look at us. 

"Calm down Ezra! I was just joking around! This must be Kylie." He smiled, looking at me.

"Hi. Umm....Yeah. I'm Kylie but you seem to already know that." I said, laughing.

"Yeah. This guy over here won't stop talking about you." Mason laughed, gesturing to Ezra.

Ezra blushed and tried to hide his face.

"Well it's nice to meet you Mason. I've heard a lot about you."

"I hope all good things....."

"Well....." I giggled.

"Dude! What did you tell her?" Mason asked Ezra.

"Mason I was just kidding." I laughed. "Ezra said some really great things about you." I smiled.

"Good. Now let's get this party started!" He yelled, getting a few hollers from people. 

Ezra took me to the dance floor and put his hands on my waist. I jumped a little from shock but just went with it. I put my arms around his neck and stepped really close to him. His breath shortened and he pulled me closer if that's even possible. I started swaying my hips back and forth and put my hands on his chest. He kissed my neck and put his hands on my hips a little lower then before. I pushed him back gently and kissed him passionately. He started messing with my hair and I messed with his. The music stopped but we just kept kissing.

"No PDA!" Mason yelled.

"Shut up Mason!" Ezra groaned.

"Hey, where are the drinks?" I asked Ezra.

"I'll go get us something. What do you want?" He asked, putting his arm around my waist.

"I'll take a glass of coke zero but I only want 3 pieces of ice."

"Only 3?" He laughed.

"Yeah. I only put 3 pieces of ice in my drinks. Don't judge. I know I'm weird."

"Yeah but I like weird. Normal is boring." He winked."I'll be right back. Try to stay away from guys. You're too pretty to be around them."

Taking his advice, I walked over to a group of girls. They were looking at me weird but I just ignored it.

"Hi. Um.... My name is Kylie. Mason invited Ezra and I to his party." I said, trying to be polite.

"Kylie, I don't mean to be rude, but you're not pretty enough to be seen with us. We have to keep a reputation." This snobby looking whore said.

"I was just trying to start a conversation. You don't have to be such a bit**." I smirked.

"Excuse me?!? Don't you dare call me that!"

"I can call you whatever I want." I stated, walking away.

When I was half way to the hay bales, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to be greeted by a girl around my age. She had gorgeous red hair. It was cut into a bob style. She has blue eyes and really tan skin. She was wearing short blue jean shorts and a Southern Marsh shirt with black converse.

"Hey, Kylie right?"

"Yes."

"Hi. I'm Loren. I'm sorry about Adrienne back there. She's just really full of herself. You have to ignore her sometimes." She kindly smiled.

"Oh. Okay. Nice to meet you Loren." I said, shaking her hand.

Instead of shaking my hand in return, she gave me a small hug.

"Any friend of Ezra's is a friend of mine."

"If you don't mind me asking, how do you know Ezra?"

"Oh um.... Well this is a little awkward we, I guess you would say,......." She said before she was interrupted by Ezra handing me a drink.

"There you are. I was looking all over for you." He said smiling. "I see you've met Loren."

"Yeah I did."

"Well I better go before Adrienne gets pissed. Talk to you later." She said, waving and walking back to the group of whores.

"She's nice." I said, looking up at Ezra's sparkling green eyes.

"Uh..Yeah...She is." He said, scratching the back of his neck.

"How do you know her?" I asked.

"Well...we....uh....we....um....."

"Spit it out Ezra." I interrupted him.

"We dated for a few years." He said fastly.

"How many is a few years?" I asked, a little worried.

Great. So he's been in a serious, long relationship before.....I wonder why they broke up....Is it because he cheated on her?

"2 years...."

"Oh well that's....um....cool... I guess." I said awkwardly.

"We broke up because we thought we needed to date around. Before each other, we never dated anyone. We wanted to know what it was like to date other people." He said shyly.

"So are y'all gonna date again if you don't find anyone serious.....?"

"Well she found someone. She's been dating him for a few months now. We're still friends though."

"Okay." That's all I could say.

If they were serious before and are still friends, how do I know they won't get back together? I can't take getting cheated on again. It hurts too much.

"Hey Ezra....I'm gonna step outside for a minute. I need some fresh air."

"Okay. Be careful. They have a lot of snakes at night."

When I walked outside, I let out a huge breath. Ezra is really sweet and he seems to be done with his player ways but I don't know if I want to take the chance of being heart broken again. Maybe I should just end whatever we have before it develops into something I won't be able to break.

"Hey Kylie." A rough deep voice said, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Oh. Hey Mason."

"What are you doing out here all alone?" He asked.

"Needed some fresh air." I replied.

"Ezra really likes you." Mason said, startling me.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"He really likes you Kylie." Mason said, looking me straight in the eyes.

"How do you know?"

"The way he looks at you and the way he talks about you. Every time he mentions you, his whole face lights up. He's not a player anymore. You don't need to worry about him cheating on you."

"How did you...."

"I saw you talking to Loren. I figured she told you about them dating. Yeah they were really serious, but they just grew apart from each other. Give him a chance. He deserves it." Mason said, walking back inside.

Maybe I should give him a chance.

"Hey Kylie can you come here for a second? I have one more thing for you." Ezra said, standing next to me.

"Yeah sure."

I followed him to a dark stable. I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face.

"Uh...Ezra...I can't see anything."

"Hang on. Just stay where you are."

Not even a second later, the lights turned on. Ezra was in front of me, holding a guitar.

"Why do you have a guitar?"

"I promised you a song didn't I?"

"Yes, yes you did." I smirked.

"Alright. Don't make fun of me." He said, getting his guitar ready.

"I wont."

You're insecure. Don't know what for.

You're turning heads when you walk

through the do-o-or. Don't need makeup

to cover up. Being the way that you are is

eno-o-ogh. Everyone else in the room can

see it. Everyone else but yo-ou. Baby you

light up my world like nobody else.

The way that you flip your hair gets me

overwhelmed but when you smile at the

ground it ain't hard to tell you don't know-

oh-oh you don't know your beautiful. If

only you saw what I can see you'll

understand why I want you so desperately.

Right now I'm lookin at you and I can't

believe you don't know-oh-oh you don't

know your beautiful-ul-ul that's what

makes you beautiful......

I couldn't speak. The way he looked at me when he sung just melted me. His voice is so angelic. I know I'm blushing like crazy right now but honestly, I don't care. Ezra is so sweet.

He continued singing and playing his guitar. When he was done, I was just staring at him. I couldn't look away.

"So....Umm.....What do you think? Was I that horrible?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"Are you kidding me? You were amazing! I loved every bit of it! Please don't ever stop singing." I said, standing up and walking towards him.

"I meant every single word. You're so beautiful Kylie. You don't know you are and that's what makes me like you that much more. You don't even have to try and you're beautiful. When you talk, your laugh, your smile, your walk.... Everything about you is beautiful." He smiled, taking my hand in his.

"T-T-Thanks." I stuttered.

I was probably really red now. I could feel the heat not only on my cheeks but everywhere on my body. This is the effect he has on me.

"Do you wanna go home now? It's getting a little late and I don't want your dad to start getting suspicious."

"Yeah we should probably go." I said, walking back towards the party.

"Mason we're leaving. Thanks for letting us come. See you later dude." Ezra said, holding my hand. I looked down at our hands and couldn't stop smiling.

"Kylie, you should come over more often. Loren and my sister Adrienne are always hanging out together. Maybe y'all could become friends." Mason said. As soon as he mentioned their names, I flinched.

"What's wrong?" Ezra whispered so only him and I could hear.

"Uh...Nothing. Just a little tired." I lied.

I didn't want to tell him about Adrienne and I arguing and I didn't want to tell him that I was worried about him and Loren getting back together. He would just get mad and I don't want to ruin our date.

"Whatever you say." He smiled.

"So Kylie what do you say?" Mason asked.

"Yeah I would love to." I lied again.

"Great, well Ezra and I are hanging out Saturday. You should come."

"Totally." I said.

"Alright. See you two then. Don't choke on each others tongues." Mason smirked.

"Shut up." Ezra said, playfully punching his shoulder.

"Bye guys!" I said as we walked towards Ezra's car.

"I had a lot of fun tonight. Thanks for taking me out on this date." I stated as we were putting on our seatbelts.

"No. Thank you for agreeing to go on this date with me. Tonight was wonderful. We should do it again sometime."

"Well we are hanging out Saturday....." I giggled.

"Yeah but I mean just me and you. Some alone time so we can make out without being told to stop." He smirked.

"Just drive." I said, looking out of the window, causing him to laugh.

Tonight was one of the best dates of my life. I'm really starting to fall for Ezra. I just hope he doesn't make me regret it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 101K 36
Damon Blackwood. Soon to be CEO of Blackwood Industries. If you asked people to describe him, the first words that come to mind are "stoic" and "mean...
29.5K 976 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
2.2K 67 25
He took a step closer, the smirk not leaving his face as he could sense my irritation. "I've been looking forward to this for far too long," he laug...
1.3M 17.6K 50
*****In the past four years of high school there hasn't been a thing that I havent competed for with Dean Purvis, my best friend. Ninety nine point n...