The Harlem Way

By CHOCstories

If I tell you, you belong to me. Would you be mine in reality? And not just in my mind. I'm so tired of being... More

01. A Day In The Life Of...
02. Do I Know You?
03. Damn...The Weekend.
04. Reaching Out.
05. Get To Know Me {Part 1}
06. Get To Know Me {Part 2}
Drive-In Movies & Red Velvet Cupcakes (Short)
08. A Different Side.
09. What Friends Are For
10. Feelings & Truths {Part 1}
11. Feelings & Truths {Part 2}
12. The Proof
13. Street Cred
14. Consequences
15.
16. My Side Of Town {Part 1}
17. My Side Of Town {Part 2}
Meeting Lexington (Short)
18. A Little More Of Me{Part 1}
19. A Little More Of Me {Part 2}
Fellow Readers/Followers!
Girl Talk (Short)
20. Bad News
21. In The Name Of Crazy
22. My Dirty Little Secret
23. All Of Me
24. Back On Track {Part 1}
25. Back On Track {Part 2}
Boo'd Up|Ella Mai Style (Not So Short)
26. Take You There {Part 1}
27. Take You There {Part 2}
28. This Is Reality
( Short)
29. Congratulations
Birthday Boy (Short)
30. Thanks Greetings {Part 1}
31. Thanks Greetings {Part 2}
Breakfast With Friends (Short)
32. Civilized Conversations
33. Caught
34. Moment Of Truth
Here's A Little Advice (Not So Short)
35. Letting Go
36. It's Your Birthday {Part 1}
37. It's Your Birthday {Part 2}
Author Questions
It's Still Your Birthday {Short}
It's Still Your Birthday {Not So Short}
38. Back At Home
{Short}
39. Christmas With the Morgans & Hamptons{Part 1}
40. Christmas With the Morgans & Hamptons {Part 2}
Breakfast With New Friends {Short}
41. New Years Cheers
42. {Part One}
43. (UPDATE! CAN Y'ALL SEE IT?)
44.
🌹

07. To New Beginnings

17.8K 616 271
By CHOCstories

2 Months Later.
|June|

Brooklyn, NY

Cortez Brooks

After 2 years and 5 months, I was finally opening Brook's; my soon to be money maker. I've waited a long time for this moment and I'm glad it finally came around. I had plans to have more than one store here in Brooklyn and a few other cities. I wanted to create my own shoe and build my brand. I was happy as hell but nervous about tonight, so I hoped everything worked out.

I worked overnight so as soon as I got off, I came straight to the shop. I'd been here since 8:15 am just fixing shit up. Wasn't nothing really wrong with the shop but I had to be extra. Looking down at my phone, I finally read Tati's text message that she sent before I got off. Lately we ain't been seeing eye to eye because I've been working my ass off.

Coming home late hours to her was me 'fucking around'. Even though she knew my schedule, in her mind I was on some other shit. It was annoying, fussing with her 25/8, so most times I stayed quiet. That had her jumping to conclusions too, so it was a lose-lose situation.

I guess I couldn't blame her though, she's been through hell in the past.

Instead of replying, I exited out of my messages and called my first lady. My moms was my number one supporter through everything. She raised me; her only child, with occasional help from my grandfather. He was my father to me. I clicked her name and put the phone to my ear as I hopped on top of the counter. It rang three times before she answered.

"Hey baby." She happily said into the phone. "What's up old lady?" I joked. "Boy, I'm as young as the day. What's going on?" She asked. "Nothing, at the shop just checking on a few things. What you doing out this early?" I questioned. "Grocery shopping. And I had to make a couple of other runs. You ready for tonight?" She asked. I sighed a little before responding. "Yeah, I guess so. I only got three lil homies for the opening. So, we hiring as soon as we up and running." I told her.

Thankfully, I had my lil cousin Reggie and his two homies AJ and Lonzo to work with me. They were all in their last year of high school so I offered them a chance to make money before graduation. After that they were off to college for a shot in the NBA and NFL.

"Don't worry about it, baby. Everything will work out...I believe in you. I can't wait to see the inside." She encouraged. "You gonna make it tonight?" I asked. "Yes baby. But just for a little bit, you know I have church in the morning." She giggled. "I know. I just want you here to see it, see what ya boy done did." I bragged. "I know it looks good in there. You said Jabri helped, right?" She asked. "Yeah, J helped with the design and vision. He gone be here tonight too." I told her. "That's good. It'll be nice to see him. Will Tatiana be there?" Her tone changed to a disapproving one. My mom's wasn't a fan of Tati because of how she treated me. She wasn't a fan of her putting her hands on me.

Tati loved my mom's though, she had nothing but respect for her. My mother only dealt with Tati because of me and I was grateful for that. Me and Tati were in this for the long haul so I need my two First Ladies to get along. "Of course Ma, that's my support system too." I told her. "Hm. Okay then baby, let me get going. I'll see you tonight." She hurried off the phone after saying 'I love you'. I ended the call and chuckled to myself, that lady is crazy.

After making sure everything was in good condition, I locked up and headed home. I was tired as hell. I've been working overnight for a few years and I still wasn't used it. I didn't complain though, just caught up on the extra sleep when I could.

-

It took me no longer than 20mins to get home to the studio apartment I shared with Tati. I decided to move her in with me after like 3months into our relationship. She was back and forth between her cousin's and a friend house so I just made it easier. She decorated my spot like she was the only one living in it though. I swear every time I came home she was doing something different. I wouldn't be surprised if she was moving shit around now.

Like I expected, when I came through the door Tati was moving furniture around.

(Tez & Tati's Apartment)

I smelled breakfast and heard soft music playing which had me confused, because just this morning she was cussing me out. I shut the door and locked it, getting her attention. She peeked up and smiled as she turned to greet me. "Hey babe!" She said happily as I looked at her weirdly, walking over to the closet to put my jacket up and keys on the table. "Wassup? What's all this?" I motioned to the mood she had set up in here. She even lit a few candles. "I made breakfast." She wrapped her arms around me and kissed my lips making me look down at her with raised brows. She was bipolar, I swear.

"I see that. Why though?" I ain't mean to come off rude and unappreciative but I was irritated. We went through this shit all the time. She cuss me out then wanna cuddle and shit afterwards. Most times I dubbed her but other times I gave in, just to prevent further issues.

(Tatiana Rodriguez)

"Come! I have a surprise for you..." She giggled as she pulled me over to the couch. I took a seat and took my hat off before coming out of my shoes. I put them together before placing them on the side of my feet on the floor. Tati straddled me with her hands behind her back as she looked at me sneakily. I was weirded out no lie, but I was anxious too. "All this secrecy Ti...wassup?" I groaned irritably. "Here, open it." When her hands were in sight, I saw that she was holding a small black box with a red ribbon tied around it.

"What's this?" I grabbed it, already untying the ribbon. "Babe, you're asking too many questions. Just open it." She pushed. I lifted the top and saw a piece of paper, a note sized one. Opening the note, it read:

Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm having a baby...and the father is YOU! ❤❤ ~ Love, Muffin or Cupcake

My mouth dropped as I pulled a pair of red booties out of the box. "Yo! You serious right now?!" I asked excitedly as she smiled and nodded at me. "Like deadass?" I asked again. "Yes, babe I'm serious. I took three tests and I made an appointment for 9 tomorrow morning." She confirmed. "I ain't going to work, fuck that. I'ma be a father!" I yelled in disbelief before we shared a brief kiss. "I'm nervous." She mumbled after I pecked her lips again.

"Why?" I questioned. "This is the first pregnancy that I'm actually going through with...you know?" She fiddled with her hands. I linked them and lifted her chin so that she could look at me. "Aye, I'm right here though. You know I ain't going nowhere. We gon' be good Ti." And that was the truth. I ain't have no plans of making her get rid of it or walking out on them.

Tati been through a lot with niggas in the past. This was her third pregnancy in total. She was pregnant once at 16 but she got an abortion. At 18 she got pregnant again and planned on keeping it until her no good ass ex beat it out of her. She told me all about their history and I'm glad that she finally got away from that nigga. I told her if I EVER caught him, it was over for his ass. The way he treated her, she didn't deserve it. But none of that mattered anymore, she was in good hands now.

"I know babe. I know that I give you a hard time too but you know why...I'm working on it though. I promise." She cheesed before pecking my lips. "Well work harder before I send ya ass to classes with Jah." I joked half serious. She giggled and hit me before pulling me up. Before I could retaliate she was already in the kitchen. I got up and followed her, looking at all the food laid across the table. "Shit look good...smell good too." I rubbed my stomach and licked over my lips. "It will be. I made all your favs too! I'm apologizing for earlier...so." She admitted. "I knew this was you tryna get back on my good side." I chuckled and watched her as she made my plate.

I zoned out for a bit, just thinking about me becoming a father. I've always wanted kids, I just didn't wanna have them by just any female. When I first met Tati, she made it clear that it was her or no one. In other words, she was gon' kill my ass if I tried to dip on her, so I ain't have a choice but to stay. I wasn't complaining though, I dealt with her crazy ass for almost 3 years so I could do another 18.

"After I eat, you got more apologizing to do." I smirked a little as she caught my eye, giving me one back. "I can do that." She agreed. "Oh nah, you was. All the stress you put me under this week? You owe me this." She laughed but I was deadass and she knew that. If you had a crazy shorty, the best thing she can do is fuck you like she crazy. And Ti was doing that shit for a good two hours after breakfast. I had a long night and we got a lot of celebrating to do.

Damn, I still can't believe I'ma be a father.

Pasadena, CA

Saire' Morgan

"So babe, what are you thinking so far?" Lance peeked his head into the living room where I stood. I did a 360 and admired the huge living room I was in. Lance and I decided to go house shopping while out in California. He was in the process of wrapping up a film so he flew me out. We were staying for a few days, just to enjoy the city.

(Lance Reid)

"I like it...a lot. But it's too much babe, we don't need all of this space." I whined. The house came with 4 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, a pool, a garage and a finished basement. We were only a family of 3 so I didn't see the need for all of this extra-ness. I loved to live nice but not that damn nice.

"Baby, don't worry about money. I want this for US. Lacee' would love this! You know she loves to swim." He countered. "Babe, it's expensive." I looked at him as I crossed my arms. He sighed and walked over to me, pulling my hands down. I threw my arms over his shoulder as he held my waist in his hands.  "You told your parents yet?" He randomly asked. Shaking my head 'no', I met his eyes. My answer made his face change but he brushed it off.

"What are you waiting for?" His tone was curious. "I just want to tell them all together. I'm just thinking about all the wrong things. Like, what if we don't work out?" I said. He chuckled and pulled me over to the sofa a few feet away. He sat before pulling me onto his lap sideways. "Re, I love you. I can't see my life without you or Lacee' baby, you know that. I want what's best for US. I want you both to have the world so that's what I'm giving you." He promised, lifting my chin so that I could look at him.

"The only way this won't work is if YOU leave me. We're forever." I smiled at his words before sharing a kiss with him. "I know babe. You give us nothing but the best, I'm just nervous. Big move, wedding planning and all of that." I huffed. "Your mom is handling that I thought?" He questioned. "She is but I still have the final say so, mommy just knows what she's doing. It's supposed to be less stress for me but I'm still stressing." I giggled.

"No need to stress babe, everything will be fine." He assured before we were engrossed in another kiss. His hands wandered to my ass giving it a tight squeeze, causing a light moan to slip from my mouth. "I take it you like the place?" The realtor; Mrs. Bridges interrupted us, making me jump up from his lap. I swear every time we were left alone we were down each other's throats.

"I do." I blushed in embarrassment. "Good, good." She walked further into the living room. "Glad you do because it's all yours, here are your keys." She handed them over to me. I stood stupidly in my spot, confused. "Ours? What?! Lance!" I quickly turned to him as he smirked at me. "You heard her baby, it's ours." He chuckled. "WHAT?! HOW?!" I shouted as I hit his chest, making him stumble a bit.

"It's already paid for babe, I knew you would say yes. I'm not rushing you to move but baby what are we waiting for? Your clientele has expanded, movies are going great for me, we got this." He encouraged. I just shook my head with a light smile. "I'll leave you two love birds alone, enjoy the new home." Mrs. Bridges smiled as we said our thank you's and goodbyes. "You're happy, right?" I nodded and kissed his lips again. "Yes...yes I'm happy. All of this just seems so unreal! I'll be married next year." I thought about how my life has changed over the years.

Lance was definitely my high school sweetheart. I remember when we first met, I gave him hell. But eventually he broke down the wall that I had up and the rest was history. He treated both me and Lacee' like queens and nothing less. That's what my parents loved about him the most, the respect he had for his two special ladies.

Although I was a little overwhelmed, I was extremely excited about our new home and our new moves.

Jabri Hampton

"Go head and try those on too." I told Corey as I scrolled through my phone. We were at the mall, shopping for school shit. I was able to get him into an alternative school after going through the necessary procedures. I ain't really have much to give him but a place to stay and another opportunity to get back on the right path, so I did what I could. He would be starting next week which was good because I would be starting a new job around the same time, at an art design agency.

Shit had changed these last two months and I was happy as hell. I hadn't planned on keeping Corey this long but time just kinda got away from me. He was doing good with me but I also knew that he had to go back home with his moms. He expressed so many times how he just wanted to stay with me and never go back home. Instead of telling him he would have to eventually, I hit him with a 'you good' and kept it pushing. I knew he was happy with me, but he couldn't stay forever, I had to get my shit together too. I would always be there for him though.

"They fit. I can get both pair?" He asked as he held up the two pairs of Jordan's. Nodding, I licked over my lips and stood. "Yeah. Just to start you off, we can come back another time and get more." I told him. "We gon' get both of these." I told the sales associate as I handed him the boxes. He nodded and told us to follow him to the front so we did.

"You excited about starting school?" I made small talk with Corey while we waited for the transaction to be done. Looking over at him, he shrugged while biting his nails. "A lil bit. I just wanna get money Jah, that's it. I'on like school." He bluntly stated. In a sense, I understood where he was coming from because that's one reason I stopped going. But at the same time, he was young and education was important.

"Can't get money if you don't learn how to get it, feel me? School gon' teach you a lot and mold you into a businessman. You get a lot of opportunities with a diploma and a degree." I explained honestly. My moms used to tell me that but of course I wasn't listening then. I graduated from high school and got to my sophomore year of college then after that it was over. Money was the only thing on my mind, so the streets had me. Thankfully, I was still observant and willing to learn so a lot of shit I figured out on my own.

"Yeah, I know." He said before I told him to pull his pants up. We grabbed our bags and we were out. "You wanna eat here at the food court or hit the carry out?" I pushed the door open and let him walk out first before following behind. "Carry out." He answered. I agreed because I wanted a chopped cheese, plus I ain't hit the block in a minute. I could pop up on my homies and hit the juice bar that my boy Cam owned. Once we got settled in the car, my phone rang, Sarai's name popping up on the screen. Sliding the green 'Accept' icon over, I placed the phone to my ear.

"Wassup?" I answered with a slight smile. Over the past two months, Rai' and I have been talking consistently. I'm still bad with phones but I've been making progress. We been vibin' kinda heavy though so I ain't mad. It's cool to have a female to talk to and just kick it with without all the extra bullshit. It was refreshing.

"Hi. It's lunch time and I don't see you." Her sexy voice came through the phone sassily. Sucking my teeth, I chuckled and shook my head. "And you not. I'm out with my youngin' so I ain't pulling up on you." I told her smartly. I took Rai' lunch one time, now she thinks I'm supposed to do it every day.

"I don't like you." She whined. "And I'on give a fuck. What you doing later tonight though?" I changed the subject. "Nothing much, why?" She replied. "My boy Tez having an opening for his shoe spot tonight. You tryna come thru?" I offered. "Sure. Around what time?" She asked. "Like 9. Its like a three-hour event so just pull up when you can." I told her. "Sounds good. What are you doing for the rest of the afternoon?" She asked. "Shit. Just chilling with my youngin' until its time to hit the spot. Go head and get back to work though. Just hit me later when you on ya way." I told her before she said her goodbyes.

"Who was that?" Corey's nosey ass asked after I hung up. Glancing over at him, I smirked a little and licked over my lips. "Chill. Stay outta grown folk business." I joked. "A girl? You aint got no shorty!" He assumed. "YOU aint got no shorty, lil nigga. Don't be worried about what I got going on. Where ya girl at?" I asked. "She broke up with me before I left New Orleans. I'on care though cus' I got other hoes on speed dial." He said smoothly with a laugh. I shook my head.

"You young so that's gon' excite you for a while." I told him. Having different females was fun but eventually that shit would get old. I wasn't saying I was ready to get married or no shit like that, but I was open to settle down, if the person was right. I wasn't the type of nigga to run from love, if it happened, it happened. I just wanted it to be genuine and not on no fake shit.

--

Akeelah McNeil

"5, 6, 7, 8! Yaaaaas fuck it up! Okay?!" Trevon hyped as we finished a routine I had made up to Esther Dean's 'Drop It Low'. I'd been playing around with the choreo for a while now but I haven't showed anyone until now. My kids at the studio were too young to learn it so I had to find age appropriate dancers.

Last month, I took my mother's advice and dropped out of photography school. Not only because she suggested it, but because I knew that deep down I didn't want to continue. I had been offered another opportunity to teach at a second studio here in Brooklyn.

I met Trevon through one of my friends from school and we hit it off instantly. He was talented and well known from New York to Atlanta. He traveled, did shows and choreography for popular dancers. I was forever grateful for the connections I had and I took none of my opportunities for granted, that's why I stayed humble.

"That was good girl! I like this. I posted it on Instagram and tagged you. You should come teach this at one of my classes." He offered as he walked over to where I sat on the floor. I reached to my left to get my water bottle from my bag. Taking a swig, I took a minute to control my breath before responding. "Seriously? Here?" I asked in surprise. "In Atlanta. I have a few classes to teach before I'm on the road with Sean Bankhead." He told me. "Word?! That nigga can dance his ass off! I love him!" I admired. "Yeah, we've known each other for a few years now. You should branch out Keyz, you have talent. There's so much more to see." He encouraged as I smiled with a light nod.

He was right.

I was just so used to Harlem that I didn't take the time out to explore other options. "I know. I should consider it, huh?" I said more to myself than him. He nodded. "Yes. I'll even get you tickets to the show, we travel during the summer. You can bring some of your best dancers and perform in the talent show." I was smiling so hard at that. I love meeting genuine people. "Really?! That's dope! I don't even know what to say..." I trailed off as he laughed me off and playfully rolled his eyes at me.

"Girl, just say yes! The world is yours!" He said as he grabbed his bag. "I'm gonna go freshen up before my next class. Text me later." I stood to hug him before gathering my own things. As I was packing up my stuff to leave, I heard a familiar voice call out to me. "Yeeeeooooo!" Iman's loud ass yelled as he walked into the room with a white bag in his hand. Rolling my eyes inwardly, I looked at the goofy smirk on his face as he got closer.

"Damn, that's cold. You gonna roll yo eyes at me and I brought you food?!" He shook his head as he held up the bag in his hand. "You got my wings? Awww, you cute." I teased as I took the bag from him and went over to the table. "No hug or thank you either? I can't believe this." He continued fake hurt as I bit into one of my hot wings. I loved wings. I'd kill over my damn wings, chile. "Thank you, Iman. What are you doing here though? I thought you had class?" I asked. He shrugged and sat across from me. "I did but I left early, we wasn't doing shit." He said nonchalantly. "Oh." I replied as I continued to eat my wings.

"How long you got in here though?" He asked. "I'm actually done, about to head home for a bit." I told him as I licked the sauce from my fingers. "Tonight, what you getting into tonight?" At that question I mugged him a little. Why the hell was he asking about my activities?

"Ared now, you asking a lot of questions like you clockin me and shit, wassup?" I said half seriously, I was more curious if anything though. He laughed and shook his head before looking at me with a serious look on his face. "I know you been ducking me since we met but I wanna take you out tonight. You ain't gotta get all fancy, we gonna do something fun." I was quiet as I thought about what I wanted to say next.

As you can see, I'd been giving him the 'nigga fuck out my face' vibe since we met. He's been openly flirting with me since we met, and I've been shutting him down. He was a cool dude; honestly, I just wasn't ready to be in a relationship. He was persistent though. "Take me out where?" I wondered. "Somewhere. I just wanna kick it with you and get to know you a little more." He explained. "I know you got yo reasons and stuff but I wanna show you something different." I was speechless at his bluntness, but I guess I expected it too.

He has been upfront since we met.

Uh...I don't know. Is this like a date?" I questioned stupidly. Of course it was a date, bitch. "You don't gotta look at it like that but yeah, I guess. Just two people hanging out, having fun." He told me as I smiled a little. "Okay, I'll go. But it's just two people hanging out, not a date." I clarified. He nodded. "Cool with me. So, I'll pick you up around 8?" He said. That's fine." I told him as I threw my trash away. Grabbing my bag, I threw it on my shoulder and got ready to head out. Iman stood after me, pushing both of our chairs in before following me out of the room.

It's been a while since I've been out with a guy and honestly, I was nervous. I knew that with one date came another and after that the 'can you be my girlfriend' question followed. I was nowhere near ready for a relationship and I would make sure that Iman knew that. I'm sure he could tell but I had to make sure he heard me. Maybe we could just kick it? There was no harm in that I guess.

--

Cortez Brooks

It was a little after 9pm and people were still piling into Brooks. I had only expected about 50 people in attendance, but it ended up being more. Some were admiring the shoes, others were in line buying them, and the rest were trying them on. I was happy at the scene in front of me. The vibe was great, the music was good, and the food had just arrived.

(BROOK'S)

"You can put that over there in the corner." My mom; Denise, ordered the caterers as they came in. Funny how it was my event, but she was giving orders. "Ay, how you telling people what to do and I'm in charge?" I joked as I threw my arm over my moms shoulder. She giggled and placed her hand over mine as we walked over to the food table. "I'm just making sure everything is all good. It looks great in here baby, I'm proud of you." She smiled as she placed a kiss on my cheek. I matched her smile and pulled her into a hug.

"Thanks Ma, I appreciate it. All of this is for you though, you raised ya boy right." I told her honestly. "Do it for you baby, I'm proud enough. Just you being here and being the man I expected you to be." She waved me off. "I guess so. I'ma go mingle, you go head and eat." I kissed her cheek and walked off, seeing Reem, Tone and Nae walking my way.

"Yo, yo, yo! We here fam!" Reem's loud ass yelled with his hands in the air. "Wassup boy?" I greeted him and Tone with dap before hugging Nae. "What's good, what's good. It's looking good in here." Tone stated. "Thanks. J ain't ride with yall?" I wondered. "Nah, he should be on his way though." Reem said. "Cool. Food just got here so y'all can go head and eat. I'ma go check on Ti then I'll be back." I told them before I went to look for Tati. I made a few small conversations as I passed through the crowd, making my way to the bathroom.

Knocking on the door, I heard her say come in, so I opened it. When I walked inside she was coming out of the stall, fixing her hair. "You good, what's wrong?" I asked with concern. "I'm fine, my stomach is a little bothered. I'm-I'm nervous." She sighed as she fanned her face. "Nervous about what?" I asked as I pulled her into me. "The news. Your mom is here, don't you think we should have told her first?" She asked as I let her go to wash her hands. "Nah, that's the whole point of a surprise announcement Tati. You good." I told her. "I just know how she feels about me and I dont-" Shaking my head, I cut her off. "Chill Tati. Moms gon' be happy you carrying her first grandchild. I don't even want you on that tonight Ti, we celebrating new beginnings." I pecked her lips and brought her back into me.

"I know, I know. I-I'm just emotional right now. I'm so happy for you and it's just this new journey has me all over the place." She wiped at her eyes. I wiped her tears and pulled her into a tight hug. "Even if moms ain't with it, we the parents and we're happy. That's all that matters to me." I told her truthfully. I could care less about anything besides my business and being a father to my unborn child. It was a long time coming, so I know I had a bright future ahead of me.

--

An Hour Later.
Narrator's POV

Jabri looked down at his watch for the fourth time since he's been here. He wasn't clocking Sarai' but he was starting to think that she wasn't coming to the event. "Who you over here waiting on?" Tone interrupted him as he took a seat next to him at the table. Everyone was in their own world, having conversations.

"Nobody." He answered coolly but Tone smirked. "Nobody got a name I'm sure. So, what is it?" He pressed. "Shorty I met like 2 months ago. Sarai', it ain't nothing serious though." He told him. "Word? She coming around the crew though, so she got potential yeah?" He inquired. "Possibly, we ain't there yet. I'm feeling her though." He admitted. Tone nodded. "Let it flow naturally J, you know how it go. As long as it ain't another Ashlee' man, I'm supporting whatever you got going on." They shared a laugh. "Hell no. Never." Jah grumbled seriously as he stood to get up. "I be back yo." He announced as he walked toward the bathroom. Tone nodded as his eyes scanned the room, landing on two unfamiliar guests.

"Can I help you ladies?" Tone approached both Mel and Sarai'. Mel was indeed ready to be helped by him but not in the way that he was offering. "Melanie. This is Sarai', Jabri's girlfriend. Where is he and who are you?" She introduced them both before her eyes traveled up and down Tone's muscular body. "Antonio but you can call me Tone. Jah just went to the bathroom, but you can come over to the table with me." He offered. "Antonio, I sure can. Thank you." Mel wasted no time following behind, making sure to keep conversation with Tone.

"This is Melanie and Sarai', friends of Jah. Ladies, this is the fam." Everybody rattled off introductions and friendly greetings. "Y'all go head and eat, it's mad food over there. Chill out, discount on y'all kicks since it's the first night." Tez offered. "I can make you a plate?" Tone offered. "I'll get J for you." He told Sarai. Him and Mel walked off as Sarai' took a seat next to Tati, making small talk. Soon enough Jah was popping up behind her, tapping her on the shoulder.

"Started to think you wasn't coming..." Jah smirked a little as he took a seat on the other side of her. Smiling, she glanced over at him and replied. "I told you I would. It looks nice in here, you helped?" She asked. He nodded. "A lil something." He shrugged it off. "I wish I could paint, I suck." She fake pouted. "I'm sure you have other talents." He wiggled his eyebrows, making her laugh. "It takes you to be nasty at this moment." She playfully rolled her eyes. "I'm always nasty." He pinched her side making her jump. He took that as a free invitation to continuously poke at her side with his finger before they heard Tez's voice on the mic.

"Yooo, can I get everybody attention right quick?" He said into the mic. "I wanna thank everybody for coming out tonight. Hope y'all like the spot and enjoyed the food. This journey has been a long one but I'm glad we here. Big shout out to everybody who helped me with everything, I appreciate it. This couldn't have been done without y'all and I'm forever grateful for the people who pushed me and believed in me. I hope that y'all rock with me as Brooks grow. Thank you." He ended there and gave Tati the mic. "And to add to more celebration....WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!!" Tati yelled as the crowd erupted into congratulatory roars.

Jabri Hampton

After clearing everyone out, me, Tone and Tez stood outside waiting for the girls to finish up in the bathroom. "You in for a treat if you have a girl Tez, I'm telling you. Kayla and Kenzie kill me." Tone referred to his daughters as I nodded. I didn't have biological kids but taking care of Corey and having Lex as my 'daughter', still came with  a lot of responsibility.

Speaking of Lex, I made a mental note to call her. I lowkey forgot that I was supposed to get up with her after I got hit. "Yeah yo, I can't imagine having a babygirl.  I'm putting niggas on they neck just because." I added. "I get paid to do that." Tone joked just as Tati, Rai' and Mel walked out the door. Mel immediately demanded Tone's attention, taking him away from us. I laughed. She was bold and blunt, so I fucked with her for that. I loved a woman who knew what she wanted and took control when she had to.

"You drove or you rode with Mel?" I asked Rai' as she approached me. Mel and Tone had walked down the street while Tez took Tati to the car before locking up. I took that as a chance to walk with Rai'. "No, Mel drove. You?" She returned. "I did." I licked my lips as I glanced at her ass. Before she could say anything else, I scooped her up and placed her on the hood of somebody's parked car. "Oh-my God! Jabri, this is not your car! Let me down!" She panicked as I chuckled. I kept my hands placed on her ass too as I playfully bit her neck.

"You are touchy tonight. Are you high?" She blushed as she pulled back from me. Smirking lightly, I licked over my lips slowly and leaned in to kiss her. I knew I caught her off guard, but I didn't care. For a minute she tensed up but soon started to kiss me back but stopped before I could get too carried away. "Me kissing you ain't got shit to do with me being high. I just felt like doing that." I told her honestly as I squeezed her ass. She was all shy and shit, making me blush too lowkey, I ain't gon' lie.

"You know you the first bit-I mean female that made me wanna kiss her on sight? It's been a minute-" The sound of her smacking the shit outta me cut my sentence short. I backed up and held my face in surprise as she hopped off the car. "YOOOOOO, THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR?!" I yelled loudly as I looked at her smiley face. She had her eyebrows raised with a slight smirk on her face. "You were about to call me a bitch? I know for a fact you weren't." She stated sarcastically. "Not you yo, damn. My fucking face sting. Where you going?" She was already walking backwards in the opposite direction. "I'm going home. It was nice talking to you, Jabri." She wiggled her fingers at me while putting extra emphasis on my name.

"Yo, chill! Come'ere!" I called her back, but she kept walking and waving. Laughing to myself, I shook my head and rubbed my face. She really just smacked fire out ya boy. Even though Sarai' was dramatic, I was fucking with her energy heavily. I didn't think I would be feeling another female after Ashlee' but shit happens, so for now I was just going the flow. I knew she was a challenge but a nigga like me was smooth with my shit. I wasn't in a rush to make her my girl but I wasn't gon' let her slip through the cracks either.

I was on her heavy, and she was gon' feel that.

Congrats 🎉 to Tez!

Ouuuu Keyz got a date? 👀 Y'all think Iman gonna butter her up?

Should Jah keep Corey?

Tati's history with pregnancies? Do you guys think she'll push through this pregnancy?

Here's Mel 😬

Tone 😍😩

Annnnd Nae! (Kelis and Nas were thee cutest!!!)

VOTE AND COMMENT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

970K 31.1K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
83.2K 1.2K 31
Tell me why I can't seem to face the truth. I'm just a little too not over you. copyright @bootlegrayson
147 0 36
I thought you said you wouldn't leave me. | If either of us lied, it's not me. ~ STRONG LANGUAGE INSIDE & EXPLICIT CONTENT
52.9K 1.3K 46
"In my imagination you're waiting lying on your side With your hands between your thighs" started//may 2nd,2019 completed//october 17th,2019 ranking ...