Black Coffee (Tara's Dream)|D...

By CarleneKimberly

Dark and Beautiful, Feisty and full of the talent. Attara is one such girl in pursuit of her own dreams. She... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XI
Glossary
Black Coffee
I'm Back!
I don't Give Mindless Flattery!
How can such a Tiny Thing be so much Trouble?
He's only Four!
History 101
Take it like a Man,
Fried Animal Intestines
Pretty Clueless
Book Two.
Chapter One
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One.

Lost Me There.

20 4 0
By CarleneKimberly

"He rejected me."

"What?" David says, turning on his heel to face me.

"Troy. He rejected me."

"What?" he says it again as a look of disbelief begins to cloud his face.

"How?"

"He only seems interested in me because of Bri." I reply noncommitally even though my mind still buried deep within those memories.

"How?" he asks for a second time, but this time I know he's questioning my reasoning rather than the means by which I was rejected.

"David, Troy is a 'good' guy and he will always try to live up to that name not matter what." I tell him sternly, pursing my lips together and furrowing my brows at the offending thought.

"I don't get it. How does that involve you or Bri?"

"You don't see it?" he shakes his in disagreement and I launch into a full explanation on the inner workings of Troy White's 'noble' mind.

Troy comes from a very traditional family. In fact, the entire White family is so traditional that they trace their lineage to the great Knights and Lords of the medieval times.They also believe that a family should always remain together no matter what.

Having been cut from that same cloth, Troy White will always do anything for his family even if it means making a matyr of himself and dating me because they approve or rejecting me because of a career vision that they have for him.

"But he didn't know that you were expecting Bri." David asks quizzically resuming the short walk towards Bridget. We've been out the entire afternoon until now, when I've decided to open up and share my 'fateful' past.

"No he didn't. He wanted nothing to do with me when it was just me and when he found out that I was expecting, he dropped to his knees and proposed."

"I still don't get it." David tells me shaking his head.

"How? How can you not. I just told you, he only wanted me because of Bri. Everything he has done is because of Bri. I love my daughter, but I don't think she is enough reason to get me chained to a man for eternity!" I reply finally exploding in his face.

"I don't know, it just doesn't add up."

I stop in my tracks and stare at him in frustration. It's clear enough to me and I don't get why it isn't to him. Maybe I have been right all along and the Male species is completely different from the Female.

"What part of I asked him about marriage and he said no is hard to get?"

"Come on Attara. You said it yourself. He was under pressure from his family to run for office. Maybe he wasn't thinking clearly and maybe the news about the baby gave him clarity."

"No, I don't think so. If it were true, Monica wouldn't hate me that much for not accepting his proposal. She thinks I ruined his career!"

"I don't know Attara. Have you ever talked to Troy about all this?"

"What's the point?" I deflate, dropping my head between my hands as I flop myself down on a patch of grass that is next to Bridget. He comes to a stop in front of me and leans his lower weight on the hood of the car.

"You can't know what you're missing unless you try. From what you're telling me, It sounds like all this is one big misunderstanding and maybe, just maybe if you did talk things out, you would soon realise that things are not as bad as you think. You're letting your fear and anger dictate your life for you and if you want to be happy, you will have to completely let go of all of that. Fear Attara, is the opposite of faith and it is not of God. In fact, the Bible says in second Timothy chapter one verse seven that God has not given us the spirit of fear, but the spirit of power, love and a sound mind. So, Attara you asked me to show you why I am happy, it's all in the Bible. Don't just read it practice it."

"What about caution?" I reply snakingly.

"Attara. Caution is taking the proper precaution to remain safe. The Bible also talks about it.It says guard your heart with all diligence for in it are the issues if life. But caution should not stop you from doing what must be done. It does not also mean that you cripple yourself by living in a constant state of apprehension. No, it means doing what is right, in the right way and trusting God to take care of you."

"You just lost me there." I tell him while still attempting to pull on my usual calm,bored facade. His eyes latch on to mine and the corners of his lips twitch upwith a barely concealed smirk. One look, just one look, that's all it takes and my flesh mask falls off revealing the glare that sobers him up instantanously.

"Okay. Let's take your investment in me for example. It's a risk because you don't know the outcome. You may either gain or lose, but that doesn't stop you. Instead, you are doing your research, making me sign that contract and other things that are meant to safeguard your investments. You're taking precaution while still venturing on. It's the same thing with relationships. You need to invest that same kind of effort while also taking precaution."

"Okay, I'll think about it ." I finally relent pushing myself up to my feet.

"While you are it, read Matthew twenty five from verse fourteen to thirty and Luke nineteen from twelve to twenty seven. "
I nod taking out my phone from my pant pockets to read the bible passages.

"Shall we go now?"

I nod.

"Is there any bigger shopping centre where we can buy stuff for Bri's party tomorrow?"

"Of course there is. Hop in and I'll take us there."

I reach out for the door handle and settle in before taking out my phone again to read through the said passages.

"For it is like a man who was about to take a long journey and he called his servants together and entrusted them with his property.
To one he gave five talents to another two, to another one, to each in proportion to his own personal ability. Then he departed and left the country.
He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he gained five talents more.
And likewise he who had received the two talents, he also gained two talents more.
But he who had received the one talent went and dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money.
Now after a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them.
And he who had received the five talents came and brought him five more, saying, Master, you entrusted to me five talents; see, here I have gained five talents more.
His master said to him, Well done, you upright and faithful servant! You have been faithful and trustworthy over a little; I will put you in charge of much. Enter into and share the joy which your master enjoys.
And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, Master, you entrusted two talents to me; here I have gained two talents more.
His master said to him, Well done, you upright and faithful servant! You have been faithful and trustworthy over a little; I will put you in charge of much. Enter into and share the joy which your master enjoys.
He who had received one talent also came forward, saying, Master, I knew you to be a harsh and hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you had not winnowed.
So I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is your own.
But his master answered him, You wicked and lazy and idle servant! Did you indeed know that I reap where I have not sowed and gather where I have not winnowed?
Then you should have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received what was my own with interest.
So take the talent away from him and give it to the one who has the ten talents.
For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will be furnished richly so that he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have will be taken away.
And throw the good-for-nothing servant into the outer darkness; there will be weeping and grinding of teeth."

"He therefore said, A certain nobleman went into a distant country to obtain for himself a kingdom and then to return.
Calling ten of his bond servants, he gave them ten and said to them, Buy and sell with these while I go and then return.
But his citizens detested him and sent an embassy after him to say, We do not want this man to become ruler over us.
When he returned after having received the kingdom, he ordered these bond servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know how much each one had made by buying and selling.
The first one came before him, and he said, Lord, your mina has made ten minas.
And he said to him, Well done, excellent bond servant! Because you have been faithful and trustworthy in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.
The second one also came and said, Lord, your mina has made five more minas.
And he said also to him, And you will take charge over five cities.
Then another came and said, Lord, here is your mina, which I have kept laid up in a handkerchief.
For I was afraid of you, because you are a stern man; you pick up what you did not lay down, and you reap what you did not sow.
He said to the servant, I will judge and condemn you out of your own mouth, you wicked slave! You knew that I was a stern man, picking up what I did not lay down, and reaping what I did not sow?
Then why did you not put my money in a bank, so that on my return, I might have collected it with interest?
And he said to the bystanders, Take the mina away from him and give it to him who has the ten minas.
And they said to him, Lord, he has ten minas!
And said Jesus,I tell you that to everyone who gets and has will more be given, but from the man who does not get and does not have, even what he has will be taken away.
But as for these enemies of mine who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them in my presence!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210 30 11
LOVE..... He never thought he deserved it People respected him for his achievements but little did they knew the achievements does not matters to hi...
2.8K 69 26
***Still needs major editing! Please be patient!*** Kerington 'Kerry' Effah is a twenty-five year old graduate who has made peace with her past or so...
1.4K 210 19
A story about the life and hardship of two lost souls or if you'd rather 'Broken Birds'. Anwar (female), is at the brink of conceding to her harsh re...
1.3K 180 38
Nathaniel has everything a man could ever want but he made a mistake four years ago, a mistake he hasn't gotten over and will always regret. All that...