I'm Back!

Dearest Diary,

I know that that term started out as my way of being sarcastic, but I must say, you are beginning to grow on me. I love our conversations including your incredible sarcasm and horrible sense of humour. Yea,yea, I know. I haven't been that great either, but hopefully, maybe things will now change for the better.

So, I have a riddle for you.

What? It's shoot not fire!

What happens, when you have so much money and nothing to spend on?

No. No. No! You save or invest it! I don't even know how you don't get these things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up late.

So late, that when I look at the clock, I jump out of bed and into the shower with no second thoughts. Normally, usually, I fix my room and bed before showering and I also secure my bedroom door, just in case...Within five minutes, I am done showering and I shuffle through my closet to find something decent to wear.

I finally settle for a brown and red, asymetrical, floral print, chiffon dresstop and black jeggings, before turning back to my bed to dress.

"Aaargh!" I let out an involuntary scream as two green orbs and a mop of black hair rises up from beneath my covers.

"Briella Rosalia Durnham! You scared me!" I yell holding onto my chest, where my heart should be and racing really fast. Bri chortles back before diving back under the covers, clearly amused and I'm sure that that went better than she had originally planned. I look at the little mound that the girl has created and I shake my head laughing as I take my clothes to dress in the bathroom.

"Where's the baby?" I re-emerge from the bathroom singing. From the size of the mounds on my bed, I am sure that Bri is still very much around. She probably rushed back under there when she heard me coming.

"Where's the baby?" I call out again, reaching for a quivering mound in the middle of the bed and it squeals out with laughter.

"Mummy! Mummy!" it screams as I continue to tickle her.

"Okay," I say releasing her. "Let's make the bed then." she nods her head at me and holds on to a corner of the sheet to start pulling. I let out another chuckle and reach for the middle of the sheet before helping her straighten it. The covers and the pillows follow next and I'm finally able to settle down on the vanity and put on my usual layer of light make up with a curious Briella spectating.

"Shall we?" I ask her, holding out my arm like I saw on of one Bri's Barbie fairytales. She drops into a curtsey and I let out a laugh. She then takes my proffered arm and we walk out of the room and down the stairs, marching to the tune of the wedding march until we make it to the living room. I leave Bri seating infront of the television, watching her usual Barbie cartoons and grab a bite in the kitchen before walking back into the hallway to go into my study. As if my morning isn't shrouded with enough drama, I walk into my study to find my mother seated before my desk and computer.

The first thing that crosses my mind is that she's snooping and my heart jumps into my throat with the fear of being discovered. That emotion is then followed by intense anger and I about to storm over and confront her when I notice two things. One, my things remain untouched, including the copies of the manuscripts that are beside the printers and two, my mum seems to be in an intense skype conversation with none other than Monica White.

Her shoulders seem slumped over and the pleading tone in her voice gets me curious.

Despite this, I still decide to give her privacy. However, as I'm about to turn around and leave, I hear my name mentioned and not in a very nice way.