Chapter Sixteen.

Dearest Diary,

You heard what he said, right? Do you believe it? I believe i have framed that wrongly. What i mean to ask is, do you agree with him? Should i abandon you now that i seem to have finally gotten it together?

I don't know...I seem to have grown quite attached to you and who knows, maybe i will publish you one day. At the same time, I know that i haven't been as attentive to you as i would like but, I hope that you know that it's not intentional...

I would like to say more but I have a bride to attend to and she's going crazy because i am not paying attention to her.

See you around and as always...lots of love from me.

Signing out,

★ALD★

*********

A smile breaks upon my face as i save the journal entry and turn my attention to the raging bride to be.

"ATTARA!" A frustrated Lydia snaps at me and flash a dazzling smile at her.

"Attara..." she whines and a chuckle escapes my lips. "Please...she's so cute and i'd love to have her as my flower girl."

"I don't know Lydia..."

"Please..." she begs and i can't help but feel guilty.

"I know i said she would but things have changed." I reply with a hint of regret in my words. "Her father and I are thinking of changing schools..."

"But Attara it's not like it will be on a school day..Ah!" She gasps. "Are you taking her to a boarding school?"

I mull it over in my head and give her a nod.

"Something like that. We are thinking of taking her back home. So you see why that would be a problem."

"You're leaving? Does David know about this?"

I smile awkwardly at her realising how my cryptic words must sound to her. "Lydia please...let's talk about this later. Will you show me how you tie this Lesso things?" I add with a frustrated look on my face. It works and a smile cracks on Lydia's face.

"Like this..." the girl twirls me around and wraps the Kanga around my waist before taking a second piece which she uses to cover the upper parts of my body. "Now hold it in place like this to hide your face and your hands." She adds with another laugh.

"And what is the purpose of this?" I ask alluding to my get up and that of almost ten other girls in the room and the rooms beyond.

"The groom is supposed to identify his bride from among the girls of this household. It goes to show if he truly knows her."

"Why go to all that trouble?" I ask with a laugh.

"It's entertaining plus if he can't then he pays a fine..."

"In short it's another way for your clan elders to siphon money."

Lydia laughs again. "Something like that..."

"Girls...girls! It's time." Linda bursts through the doorway and turns to look at Lydia in dismay. "Cover yourself up...we are going,"

Lydia hurries up and covers her head and torso completely hiding the mermaid kitenge outfit underneath. Since we can't see with our faces covered...Linda and the other chaperones guide us outside to the waiting crowd who begin to cheer with our arrival.

As we are moved along i trip more than once as my feet are caught by between blades of drying grass and i finally understand why Linda insisted thet i wear flat shoes.