First Love - A Greyson Chance...

By Mockingrey

Demented, jerk, and daft. That's how Sophie describe boys because of her father who abandoned them years ago... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Epilogue! ♥
Thank you's and updates.

Chapter 60

4.6K 53 11
By Mockingrey

     The days went by and my time here in Kansas is running out. I spent most of my time with my friends. I already told Ethan, Tim and my other friends that I'm gonna leave. There a lot of things that I'm gonna miss here in Kansas. And one of those is the orchestra. I just came there and now I'm leaving. I'm gonna miss Mr. Williams and my other members a lot. 

     For me, music is the international language. Whenever I'm down, I just put my earphones on and turn the music up.  My most favorite song for now is Everything by Mr. Buble. It's just perfect. Oh and I also love I Wanna Hold Your Hand by The Beatles and Fly Me To The Moon by Frank Sinatra. Best music I've ever heard. 

     I've been writing a lot of new music these days. I think this is the result of sadness and happiness. My feelings are so bipolar right now. Sometimes, I just want to walk away from everyone else and think. Or maybe meditate? My mind is tired of all the dramas within me. I'm so weird.

     35 days, 33 days, 30 days... My time here in Kansas is slowly falling apart. I'm getting nervous about meeting my dad. I don't know why. I wanna spend all the time I have here with Madge, Penelope, my mom, Tiffany and Greyson. That's all I wanna do. 

       29 days, 25 days, 23 days... I will miss my mom and Tiffany. My mom has been my father and at the same time, my mother. She sacrificed everything for me. She stays late on the restaurant she works at to give us what we need. She tries to do everything for her to give me and Tiffany all the best. She never fails to make me smile. She stays up late whenever I'm sick. She supports me at school. She understands me. She's also my bestfriend. And she's the best mom. I love her so much.

     22 days, 20 days, 16 days...  I'm gonna miss Tiffany a lot. She's my best friend. Even though we fight a lot, she's still my sister and no one could ever change the at. I love her so much. She gives me advices. I can cry on her shoulders. She's the best. She gives me the reason why I want to reach my goals and dreams. 

     15 days, 12 days, 8 days... Made and Penelope are my treasures. My friends since forever! My friends since diapers. I have a lot of friends but they are the ones who give me reason to go to school everyday. Whenever I cry, they are there. Whenever I smile, they are there. Whenever I'm laughing, they are there. They are always there. They are treasures to me. Treasures that are hard to find and replace. I love them with all my heart.

     7 days, 1 week, 168 hours... I love Greyson so much. I don't wanna leave him. I can't imagine myself without him. When I get there in Canada, no one would fetch me home. No one would climb up with me to a treehouse. No one would stay with me under the rain. No one would eat a family size pizza with me. No one would take me to a dance. No one would hold my hand. No one would watch the sunset with me. No one would pluck a flower and put it in on my ears. No one would text me sweet goodnights.No one would ask for a kiss... And most of all, no Greyson by my side.

     Only 1 week left here in Kansas. 1 WEEK LEFT.

     It's a Friday and I'm gonna leave next Friday. All the requirements are already with me. The only missing thing is me, being there in Toronto with my father. My mother and I have been fixing my things to bring. 

     "Mom, I'll probably bring all my clothes." I said as I zipped open mu luggage.

     "No, you're not. Just pick the good ones. The pretty ones. I'll buy you a new set of clothes. Your father might say that I don't give you what you need." 

     "I don't need new clothes, mom."

     "I want you to have new clothes. So we're gonna go to the mall later, alright? No buts. And maybe this will be my birthday gift to you."

     "Do we have money?" 

     "Yes. I've been saving."

      What she says is what it is. So by the afternoon, we went to the mall. We strolled through the department stores and she bought me new undies, shorts, blouses, shoes, everything! I now have 5 paperbags full of clothes. 

     Then I realized that my birthday is so close. I'm turning 15 soon. Time flies so fast. 

     When we got home, I already put all the clothes and shoes on my luggage. I'm gonna bring two suitcases. I'm ready to leave. I'm gonna miss Kansas a lot.

     6 days left. I woke up early as the radiant sun peaks on my window. As I open my eyes, Madge and Penelope are there on the edge of my bed. Holding a tray full of pancakes and syrup. I smiled at them, saying now words. I crawled over to them and they put the tray by my bed. I hugged them both.

     "Thank you, guys! But what's this for?"

     "Nothing, we just want to do something special." Penelope said.

     "Thanks! It means a lot!"

     So we ate by the small table near the window. Madge and Penelope made my day. They are truly treasures.

     The day went by and just biked a long the village and ate a lot of nachos. We also met Gabby and Sonia in the park. They are adorable as ever!

     "Gabby, Sonia, meet my bestfriends, Madge and Penelope." 

     The both of them run towards us and hugged Madge and Penelope.

     "Yay new playmates!" Sonia shouted. 

     They pulled them towards the monkey bars and we just played that afternoon. The sweat and tiredness was worth it because of those adorable kids. I'm gonna miss them too.

     We sat by the bench near the ice cream stand and just rested. 

     "Come back next Friday here, Sophie! Please!" Gabby said.

     I looked at Madge and Penelope. I'm gonna leave that day. 

     "I'm sorry, Gabby but I have things to do on that day."

     "What things?"

     "Well... I'm going somewhere on that day."

     "Where are you going?" Sonia asked.

     "Canada."

     "You're going back right? And play with us?"

     "Well, of course!" I just needed to tell that lie to them. I don't want them to be sad.

     "Yaaaay! Come back soon, okay?"

     "Yes, of course!"

     Madge and Penelope shoke their head. I know it's wrong to lie but I don't want Sonia and Gabby to feel down. I wish I can go back.

     Today felt really happy. I'm glad that I got to bond with Gabby and Sonia again. I made my vlog of the day with Madge and Penelope. It was awesome. We were just getting crazy around the camera.

     Later that night when I was about to sleep, Greyson texted me.

     He said, "Hi Sophie. The day's getting close. I'm gonna miss you a lot. Advance Happy Birthday! I love you so much."

     That made me smile. I replied, "I'm gonna miss you too. Thanks for everything and I love you."

     I do love him. A lot. 

     I slept with a smile on my face. I'm blessed to have him by my side.

     5 days left. It's raining. The weather made me feel sadder. I just lied on my bed that afternoon with my blankies on. Thoughts. Thoughts are eating me again.

     Only 5 days left here in Kansas and I'm off to Toronto to be with my dad. I'm sad about leaving. I don't want to leave Kansas. I've spent my whole life here. At the same time, I'm excited to leave because of my father. After 15 years of waiting, I'm finally gonna see him. All I want to do is hug him.

     Mom called me for dinner. I sat on my usual chair. 

     "Mom, you and Tiffany will go there after she finishes college alright?"

     "Tiffany's going. Me? Not sure."

     "You should go, mom. I don't want you to be alone here."

     "I'm gonna be okay."

     "No you're not. Please mom?"

     "I'll think about it."

     "You have 3 years to think, mom."

     "I know."

     Tiffany's incoming 3rd year. And her course which is accounting takes up to 5th year so yeahp. 3 years without my mom and her. Gah.

     4 days. My birthday's coming closer. I still don't know what to do. I'm probably gonna spend it with Madge, Penelope, Tiffany, my mom and Greyson. Maybe go to the beach with them? 

     "What do you want to do this Thursday for your birthday?"

     "Maybe let's just go to the beach?" 

     "Alright."

     So I called Madge and Penelope to tell them about it.

     "Madge, hold on. I'll call Penelope." 

     "Sure." 

     So I put us on three-way call.

     "Penelope?" I asked.

     "Hey!" 

     "So guys, I'll have my tiny birthday party on Thursday. Come with us, please? I'll just celebrate it by the beach."

     "Of course, I can't miss my bestfriend's birthday!" Madge said.

     "I'm going too! That would be fun."

     "Alright, see you then!"

     "See you!"

     "See you, Soph!" 

     Then I hung up. I bet the party will be kinda "dramatic". Hahaha! Oh well, I'm turning 15 already.

     3 days. It's a sunny afternoon and I'm writing a new song. A sad song. Why do I keep on reminding myself that I'm gonna leave? Why do I keep myself on being sad and down? Ugh. 

     To keep myself from being sad about leaving, I went to Ethan's. I kinda miss him too. 

     I put on my usual clothes then told my mom about it.  It's just 3 blocks away so I just walked from here to there.

      I pushed the doorbell for about 3 seconds and someone opened it immediately. It's Tim.

     "You're here?" I asked.

     "Why are you surprised?" he laughed and I smiled.

     "Ethan! Sophie's here!" 

     "Let her in!" Ethan shouted back.

     I went inside and I think his mom is out. And his dad is working overseas so... He's an only child too if I haven't told you that yet. Hahaha :) 

     It's great to bond with them. We played basketball on his Xbox and drank a lot of soda. We also talked about their girls. Ethan confessed that he has a tiny crush on Regine. The girl who played the piano on drama club. Well, she's really beautiful. And Tim said to me that he's gonna court Penelope soon. I was so happy when I heard that. They really suit together. And I like Tim for Penelope. He's gentle man and very sweet too. I can't wait to hear those stories in the future. 

     "Better update me about you guys alright?" I said. 

     "Are you gonna stay there for good?" Tim asked. 

     "Sadly, yes."

     "We're gonna miss you." Ethan said.

     They are like my brothers I never had. They protect me and make me smile. I love them both so much. 

     2 days left. Tomorrow's my birthday. I called Greyson to invite him.

     "Hey Greyson!"

     "Hey Sophie." There's something in his voice. Something sad.

     "Is something wrong?"

     "You're gonna leave so soon."

     "Don't worry about it, Greyson. I'll call you everyday." 

     Silence....

     "Anyway, will you go to my tiny birthday party tomorrow at the beach?"

     "Of course. How can I miss your last day here in Kansas?!"

     "Aww! See you, alright?"

     "See you, Greyson!" 

     I slept with a smile on my face because I heard his voice again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 140 36
This is a KOTLC fanfic that starts directly after the Stellarlune cliffhanger. It's told from Keefe and Sophie's POVs. Blurb: Sophie and her friends...
Blue and Green By

Fanfiction

1.4K 48 23
Fitzroy Avery Vacker, is still heartbroken after Sophie. No matter how much he tries to hide it. And it doesn't help that his best friend is her boyf...
29.3K 1K 31
"I hate-no dislike you a thousand times that you may never feel because of that thick wall of ice around your heart. That thick ice that no one might...
60.3K 3.3K 43
Mew hasn't found an interest in the concept of love, not for a long time. He believes that love is an excessive thing, unnecessary and does not benef...