Rainbow Reflection

Por Mygypsy

Harley woke from an accident that should have ended her life. When Drew found she had no memory of who she w... Más

Rainbow Reflection
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 - Him
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 Betrayal
Chapter 37 Yesteryear
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 - Homesick
Chapter 41
Chapter 42.
Untitled Part 45
Chapter 44. A mother's love
Chapter 45. Hell hath no fury ...
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Next in the Werecat Stories
Epilogue

Chapter 9 - Him

1.4K 88 8
Por Mygypsy

Hi Folks, only a short chapter this time. Have the hankies handy.

~~~~~~~~~~

I lift the bottle of vodka to my mouth and take several deep swallows, the liquor follows the burning path of the previous drinks I have had but I am yet to feel its effects. 

 Why can’t I get drunk enough that I can’t feel anything anymore?

I toss the empty bottle aside and watch as it shatters against the other two bottles I have emptied tonight. I reach for another bottle, gin this time, and drink nearly a quarter of the bottle before lowering it to the ground beside me. I glance at the door and consider getting to my feet and going inside for a few moments. 

 “I found her … her body the next day. Cold, motionless, she’d been a cat and the guy had been driving a small cattle truck …” Dorrington’s words echo in my mind. 

I hold my head in my hands as I tightly close my eyes trying to get rid of the fierce burning behind them. My throat feels clogged and despite all of the liquor I’ve drank my stomach feels hollow. I feel empty as if a vital part of me is missing. I lean my head back against the wall and look up at the sky, it’s cloudy and only a few stars can be seen shinning through the darkness.

It’s late and I know I should be going inside and getting some sleep, tomorrow will be another busy day. I glance towards the door, trying to make myself tell myself to get to my feet and go inside. I look away when I realise I had half expected her to be there in the doorway, watching me with that smile on her face. 

Oh how I want to see her face one last time! I know she’s gone, but … I need to see it for myself. I still expect to turn around at times and catch sight of her. My arms ache to hold her, my soul aches to hear her laughter once again. I want to hear her teasing her brothers, hear her heart racing as she tries to catch her breath. 

 “The ground was all rocky. I couldn’t … I put her in a deadfall and cremated her, I couldn’t …” Dorrington had said when asked where her body could be found.

 I turn my head and look at the flickering flame of the solitary candle as I imagine flames consuming her body. At least Dorrington had thought to do that, I don’t think I could have handled seeing what a truck had done to that delicate body. 

 ‘It would have been instant,’ I tell myself and shudder at the fear in the back of my mind. ‘It had to have been instant. I can’t stand the thought of her lying there, knowing she was dying. If there is a God please let it have been over before she knew what was happening.’

 “We were supposed to spend the rest of our lives together. I was supposed to give you kitts so we could have a family. We were supposed to grow old together!” I say hoarsely as I feel tears start to escape from my eyes. I swipe at my eyes angrily, I don’t want to be weak and cry. I grit my teeth and turn my face away as I hear the door open, there’s silence for several minutes from whoever is standing there before the door shuts and they retreat inside.

"We were supposed to be together!" I say between gritted teeth refusing to let the tears flow.

 I lift the gin bottle and drink half of what is remaining in several long gulps. I want to be numb, I don’t want to feel this pain. But most of all I want to stop wondering if she had been aware of what was happening in those final seconds.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

9.4K 229 13
"Voices. That was all I heard at first..." When Astrus Quinn wakes up in an unfamiliar room with people she doesn't know, what will become of her? Wh...
2.8K 93 32
Have you ever felt so weak, knowing that the person you love loves someone else? Allie is going through the same dilemma. When her man fell out of l...
154 16 16
Evelyn wakes up in this strange place with no recollection of what happened before she was unconscious. She finds herself in a village where the king...
3.8K 154 6
After a fight on Valentine's Day, Harley remembers an event during her early days in the Joker's gang, where she's kidnapped by a rival criminal. Jok...