Strictly Professional ✔️

By MayDTomorrow

Derick Reid owner of a multi-billionaire company in NYC, your typical billionaire playboy, the usual arrogant... More

Strictly Professional
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Dedications
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Dedications
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note (promise its not bad)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Katrina And Victor
Epilogue
Thank You

Chapter 14

57K 2K 268
By MayDTomorrow

So do you know the feeling when you finish a year in school and you celebrate summer by throwing books and staying inside, under the air conditioner, in front of the internet all day?

That's the feeling I feel...
Free...

I did it, I finished the most annoying event and party of my life!

The party starts around 8 PM and it's currently 6 PM.

The second I left work, I went to the venue and decorated the heck out of it.

I'm tired but who cares?!
I finished the stupidest thing in my life!

I looked at the venue teary eyed.
My work...
It's flawless...

Someone tapped on my shoulder, I turned to see a smiling Kim in a waiters suit.

"What do you think?"
"Girl, if you were a guy I'd take you out any day"
"Don't you think I kinda look like a guy?"
"And the problem is?"
"It's uncomfortable, by the way go home already and change, I want to see your ass looking sexy as hell in a dress"

I smiled a cheeky grin and said
"I'll see what I can do"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I open my apartment door to see Kate crying her eyes out.

"What's wrong now?" I groaned she's been doing this a lot lately, for the past week to be exact.

"It's just so sad" she wailed.
"What is?"
"The titanic, Rose and Jack and their beautiful love"
"Aren't you a stereo type" I stated.
"Shut up" 

"Alright, get your ass off the bed, Mr. Reid gave me the permission to bring a plus one and considering I don't have anyone other than you to bring..."

"You're taking me with you?"
"Who else? My mom?"
"I don't know, I'm not in the mood to go to some fancy party..."

"A fancy party that I organized"
"So?"
"So, I want you to come with me to check out my hard work"

"I don't even have a dress, chica"
"I have one already picked out for you, now get up and into the shower, we are going to wash our pain away"

I saw her trudge into the bathroom and I myself did the same.

I got out and saw her sitting in a towel on my bed.

"Hey to you too"
"I need the dress don't I?"
"You also need underwear"

She shrugged and walked out, I took the time to also put on underwear.

I took out our dresses as she came in with her hair wet and black underwear.

"Put this dress on and let me do your makeup"
"I'll put on the dress and do my makeup"
"Nope, not happening, I'm doing your hair and makeup"
"Fine"

She put on the dress and sat on the chair.

I'm not the best when it comes to makeup but I can do a fair bit.

I started off with drying her hair and straightening it into a sleek hairstyle.

Then I primed and prepped her face, putting on eyeshadow the same shade as her dress and put on some Almond Rose lipstick that really complimented her complexion, I highlighted her face and my God.

She looks gorgeous!

"You can look now"
She got up and her jaw dropped with just one glance at the mirror.

"Julie..."
"I know, you look beautiful, now let me look that way too"
"I haven't looked like this in a while"
"Exactly" I said as I was putting on my dress.

I couldn't get the zipper up so I turned my back to Kate.
"Do you mind?"
"Sure"
She pulled the zipper up and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you for being by my side"
"Hermanas se unen"
(Sisters stick together)

She smiled and walked out, I was confused but remembered I need to be at a party so I started on my own hair and makeup.

As my hair has grown longer and I decided to wear it in waves that hung just around my shoulders.

I did the same thing as I had done with Kate's makeup, I used the same foundation and highlight only my lips were colored a Honey Pink with a coat of lip gloss.

For my eyes, I used a lighter shade of rose pink that suited my dress and I already had rose gold heels that matched the belt on my dress.

"You look hot!" Kate yelled from the doorway.
"What were you doing?"
"I grabbed a clutch and black heels, by the way I love my hair"
"You're welcome"

"So will there be anyone you want me to meet or am I left to socialize on my own?"

"No there are a couple of people I have in mind, including my brother"

"I'm going to meet mystery bro?!"
"Yup" I said popping the p.
"Do you have a clutch?"
"You're asking someone who's obsessed with bags and you're asking if I have a clutch?"
I raised an eyebrow.

"Whatever smart ass"
"You bet I have smart ass"
I laughed.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We walked out of the apartment to see a very familiar looking limo standing in front.

"Ms. Downs, Mr. Reid gave me orders to be your escort for the night"
"Thank you" I replied.

Mr. Reid really is being too generous lately, it's creeping me out.

Me and Kate shrugged and sat in the limo.

We started taking selfies and karaoke-ing random songs, even the driver that I don't know the name of started playing to the beat.

In no time we made it and ten minutes earlier but still the place was packed with either cars parking or people posing in front of the cameras.

This is the first time I'll be in front of the cameras and it's making me nervous, Kate in the other hand is bouncing from excitement.

The door opened and the driver held his hand out for both me and Kate.

The second I walked out cameras were on our faces, bombarding us with questions.

"Miss, do you know Mr. Reid?!"
"Miss, who are?!"
"Are you a model?!"

Me and Kate didn't even look their way, we kept our heads high and walking in confidence.

The second we were inside we burst out laughing.

"We looked like a bunch of sophisticated snooty people!"
Kate bellowed.
"Agreed" I laughed.

We quickly straightened ourselves out and walked into the venue.

I smiled at the sight in front of me, I still can't get enough of this venue and Mr. Reid wanted to hire a professional.

Okay maybe a professional could've done a little bit better than me but only a little.

"Damn Julie, I didn't know you Have such a creative touch, it looks like it came out of a movie, you sure you didn't hire event planner? Because as far as I know you have horrible, no offense but horrible taste"

"That was not necessary and you can't say 'no offense' when you're going to say something offensive!"

She chuckled and made her way further into the room.

The waiters that knew me came to greet me and I took two glasses of champagne for me and Kate.

Then I saw a friendly face with green eyes looking at me in the distance.

I smiled and waved for him to come here, he ended his conversation politely and came to me.

I hugged him and he hugged back.

"Hi" I sighed.
"Hi, what's with your clothes? Isn't it too revealing?"
"Ugh, shut up"

Our attention was drawn to the clearing of a throat, I turned to see Kate practically drooling over my brother.

"Julie, introduce me to this hunk of a man"
"Katrina, este es mi hermano Leo"
(Katrina, this is my brother Leo)

"placer conocerte guapo"
(Pleasure to meet you handsome)
She said seductively raising her hand.

"El placer es todo mío, mi señora"
(The pleasure is all mine, my lady"
He responded seductively kissing her hand.

I looked between them with a 'what's going on?' expression

"Julie!"
I turned my head to see the source of the voice and saw Lindsey almost running to me with Kane beside her.

"Lindsey?! What are you doing here?"
"I could ask you the same thing, my hubby invited me as it was his friend's party"
"This is my boss's party, I'm Mr. Reid's PA"

"So you're the assistant Victor keeps mentioning" Kane smiled.
"Vick? He's here?" I asked, surprised.
"Yup" The man himself said from right behind me.

I turned around to see him standing there looking delicious in his suit, if I didn't see him as a friend I might've been seriously hitting hard on him.

"How are you doing Vick?"
"Good, how's life treating you?"
"Depends, the fact that Mr. Reid made me redo this venue twice is enough to tell me my life has mood swings and right now life is in a good mood, I get the only people I like in one room" I smiled, gesturing to all of them.

They all laughed, yeah, I'm funny I know.

"You still call him Mr. Reid?" Vick asked, confused.
"It's unprofessional to call him by his first name" I replied seriously.
"See what I told you Kane? She's different!" He laughed.
"She is" Kane said re-adjusting his glasses.

"Julie introduce me, it seems I'm the only one who doesn't know the other party" Kate said, tapping my shoulder.

"Oh yes, guys this is my best friend Katrina Abalos" I said, introducing her to everyone.

Everyone gave friendly hello's but someone's eyes were on her a little bit longer than everyone else's.

I smirked at Vick, he blushed and looked away.

Aww they'd look so good together!

Suddenly the door opened to reveal the host of tonight's party, Derick Reid.

He had a beautiful woman on his right, with black hair and dark blue eyes, her, her body was amazing.

He made his way to our group, when his eyes landed on me they looked deep into mine and averted his gaze to my brother.

"Mr. Sanchez, glad you could make it"
"Derick, I already had business in
New York so it wasn't that big of a deal for me to come"

He turned his gaze to the really adorable couple and he held his hand out.

"Mr and Mrs Blackbourn, it's been a long time"
"It has, we haven't seen you since the wedding and Derick, call us Kane and Lindsey, we've known each other since college"

Mr. Reid shrugged and when his eyes landed on Vick, his eyes hardened.

"Mr. Norton"
"Derick" Vicks gaze almost turned into glare until Kate started talking to him.

"Ms. Downs, we need to greet the guests, go entertain yourself Angelina" he said to the silent black haired girl.

I followed Mr. Reid greeting guests, discussing business for a few minutes then moving on, basically the boring stuff.

I saw people starting to get up and slow dance, I saw Vick and Kate dancing together, laughing, Kane and Lindsey were just looking into each others eyes, having a silent conversation.

"Ms. Downs, did you take my advice and hire a professional?"

Did he just say my work resembles a professionals? Today is really a good day.

"No, Mr. Reid, all me" I answered proudly, waiting for my praise.

"Good work" that's it? That's all I get for lack of sleep and starvation? A 'good work' but with Mr. Reid's ego this means 'excellent' I'll take that.

"Thank you sir"
"You look beautiful by the way Ms. Downs"
"Not as beautiful as the rest of the woman here but I look decent"

He stopped walking and turned to me.

"Sir?"

As though dismissing the thought he shrugged it off and started walking back to my side.

Okay?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey it's May!

Do you like my surprise?
Two updates as a thank you for 10k.

It's currently 2:30 in the morning, I feel like sh*t, my eyes can barley open and I'm pretty sure my writing is also sh*t.

I'll edit eventually, I was looking through some of the rushed chapters the other day and I have to admit...

The grammar is so bad that it'll be featured on 'YGS by Jacksfilms'  Do you guys watch him?

Anyway for real this time, thank you everyone for reading and as always I hope you Vote on that ⭐️ , Comment on that 💬 and share with your close buds.
Love ya 😘❤️✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 87.9K 52
"Get the hell out of my room", he shouted as soon as I entered his room. Is he for real? How can he be this peaceful when I'm not able to sleep a win...
970K 39.9K 25
Book 3 Johnathan Giordano, Italian billionaire. CEO of his family's business is a man feared by many for his known ice cold persona. He's as smooth i...
5.8M 156K 51
When billionaire playboy Nick Sinclair sets his sights on the one woman who wants nothing to do with him, will he be able to change his ways to win h...
6.2K 317 58
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...