Not Your Typical Student-Teac...

By drummergirl28

Hello my name is Kate, and this is my story. Its about the year I turned 18/ my senior year in high school. I... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2 (part one)
Chapter 2 (part 2)
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6!
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 part 1
Chapter 9 part two
chapter 9 part 3
Chapter 10!
Chapter 11 part 1
11 part two
12- part uno!
Chapter 12- part two- Erics POV
12- 3
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20!

Chapter 4

1.8K 34 0
By drummergirl28

i'm not sure if i going to date everything (like first day of classes or early july or whatever) once the story starts to pick up and its not all background and stuff i might stop that but then again maybe not. let me know what you think if i should or shouldn't

Thanks for reading, and let me know what you think!

**********************************************************************************************************

1st day of classes: I walk into school, said hi to some friends in the hallway, and walked to homeroom. I sat down in my seat and soon Chrissy came into the room saw me and came running over.

“OMG did you hear, apparently Mr. Wesger, got caught trying to sell drugs, and they fired him, and we have a new teacher for math.” She said this in one long rant without taking a breath.

“Really?” I said my jaw hitting the ground.

“Yeah! And I heard the new teacher is super young and uber cute!”

“OMG!” I looked at my schedule I had Algebra II last bell! “ No! That’s my last bell! So, who is this new mystery teacher? Do you know?”

“No! I don’t and I wont get to find out until last bell, either! But wait what do you care you have your new Mr. HOTTIE from the club?” Chrissy knew Mr. Hottie’s name was Eric, since the 3 of us had hung out together, but when he wasn’t around he was always referred to as Mr. Hottie.

“I know but a little eye candy for school never hurt anyone, did it?”

“ No I guess not, but I call dibs…” The bell rang as Chrissy whined. Homeroom started.

The day went by slowly and everyone was talking about the new Alegrbra II teacher the whole day and that was the only topic of conversation at lunch. By the time seventh bell came I was practically running. I walked into the classroom only to find a bunch of waiting girls and no teacher. Sad, I went and found a seat, in front of Chrissy who was already there waiting just like all the other girls, and figured I’d at least be ready for the start of class.

I was sitting and waiting, still no teacher. I looked down at my phone to check the time. I put my phone away back into my pocket, so I didn’t get caught with it and looked up. Great the new teacher was already in the room, with his back to the class as he wrote on the board. Bored because he wouldn’t face us, I leaned down and got a pencil and notebook out of my backpack. I turned and he turned at the same time. CRAP!!!!!! It was Eric! What was he doing here? He hadn’t seen me yet so I grabbed a notebook and used it to hide my face. CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! What am I going to do now?  I looked at Chrissy, she recognized him at the same time too and faced me, shock written all over her face, and it probably mirrored mine. We both ducked behind our folders. But Chrissy was sitting behind me, so of course he could only see me! As he scanned the class, he noticed the folder and the silent prayer I was repeatedly screaming in my head don’t make me put the folder down please! Went unanswered.

“Miss, please put the folder down.” He said in his super sweet voice. I didn’t say anything as I put it on the floor and came back up with my hands covering my face. “Miss,” he said walking over to me and stopping in front of my desk, “ is there going to be a problem?” shit!!!!!!!!!

“No” I mumbled slowly dropping my hands to meet his gaze. As a look of shock met his face, I sheepishly gave him a half smile, but he quickly regained his composer.

“Okay. Good…” he said and walked to the front of the class again. “My name is Mr. Winter.” He announced to the whole class. “Let’s go ahead and get started for today.”

 I glanced back at Chrissy, she had gone unnoticed because she dropped the folder when I did but I blocked Eric’s view of her, so I caught the blunt of the attention. She mouthed OMG to me and whispered, “what are we, you going to do?!”

“I have no idea.” Was all I could say, I could barely put together a full thought. Eric was my teacher?! I thought this only happened in TV shows and books! How could Eric be my math teacher? He was only what like 2-3 years older then me. Wait, he never said how old he was, that’s how I got away without telling him how old I was. He couldn’t be any older then that, he just couldn’t be! This is just way too confusing.

I kept to myself the whole class, deep in my thoughts. I was so deep in thought I jumped when the bell rang. Trying to rush out, Eric stopped me. “Could you hold back for a second, please.” It wasn’t a question; he was my teacher I had to do what he asked. Chrissy waited for me as all the rest of the kids left to get on with the rest of their day. I nodded, stopped what I was doing and gave him my full attention. He looked from me to Chrissy.

“Hi, Chrissy.” He said. She replied with a nod and a wave. I looked at her, knowing she didn’t know if she was really apart of this or not. “Umm could you give us a minute please.”  Eric asked her. I asked her if she could wait by our lockers, so she could drive me home. Again she nodded then she turned walked out and I could tell she was happy to be out of the room, and I slightly wished I were her.

“We need to talk. How could this have happened, and what are the odds?” He had said all of this as he walked to the door pulled down the shade and locked the door. Didn’t want anyone to accidently over hear this. All of a sudden a panicked looked crossed his face. “H-H-How old are you?”

“What?” I asked confused. Then realization hit me, he was afraid he had raped me. “18!” I responded quickly, so he wouldn’t have to worry unnecessarily. I could see the relief on his face as my words registered with him.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were still in high school?” he asked looking and sounding defeated.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were teaching high school?” trying to make myself feel a little better, like it wasn’t all my fault. I could tell my response was starting to upset him, but I didn’t care, I was not getting all the blame for this.

“I was afraid if told you,” he started looking even more defeated, if that was possible, “that you would think of me as too old, even though I’m not. I’m 21. I just graduated early from some classes, I’m still in school for master’s and stuff. So I didn’t lie to you when I said I was in school, I am taking classes to get my masters.” There was a short pause. “Your turn.”

“Same, except too young.” I said. Silence filled the air so I said,  “I’m sorry.” Another short pause. “So,” I said drawn out. “What do we do from here?”

“We have to break it off, we can’t continue to see each other. I could loose my job, you could get expelled, and that’s if we get off easy. This is bad Kate. I’m sorry but we have to stop seeing each other.”

I knew he was right, but that didn’t stop the silent tears from starting to trickle down my face. He broke up with me. I loved him, even though I hadn’t gotten to tell him yet, I did, I truly loved him! And here we are in class with him my teacher and me a stupid high school girl. Why couldn’t I have been born I year earlier. I was broken away from my thoughts as he started to speak.

“Please don’t cry.” He bagged. “This summer was great, I wouldn’t change it for the world. But that doesn’t change the situation we are in now.” I nodded to show him I understood. “Kate I loved every minute of the summer I got to spend with you, and I know this is going to be hard, but its what we have to do. I’m your teacher now and that’s it. I’m sorry things had to be this way”

I tried to stop the tears from falling, knowing this wasn’t his fault or mine, just one of those stupid crazy coincidences that just happened to mess up the best think in my life. “I loved every minute with you too. I know its what has to be done, I get that I do. But like you said it’s not going to be easy.” I wiped away the tears that were still streaming down my face. He hugged me for comfort, and I hugged him back, knowing it was the last time we could do that, or anything else. I was reluctant to pull away, but we were still at school and I needed to get home. Plus the longer I stayed the harder it would be to stay away from him and I knew it.

“Well, I guess this is a kind of a goodbye, since we will be seeing each other tomorrow, but not in the same way as before. So bye anyways.” I said as I tried to sort of laugh it off. I don’t know if I did that more for him or myself. I waved as I unlocked the door and walked out. I could tell he was upset even though no one else would know. He had a blank expression on his face, the one that he always put there when he didn’t want people to know how what was happening really made him feel. I could tell he wanted to say something, but didn’t know what, or felt he couldn’t. I understood. He was right, this couldn’t happen. As much as we wanted this, he was my teacher, nothing more.  I turned away from him and walked to my locker. I didn’t turn back and look at him, knowing if I did it would make it a thousand times harder.

When I got to my locker Chrissy was there greeting me with a huge hug that I greatly needed and telling me everything would work itself out. We walked to her car, as she just walked next to me, knowing I would explain when we got in the car. As soon as the doors were shut I starting crying only this time not silently like I had with Eric. She hugged me again, and patted my back.  When I pulled away I looked at her told her I was fine. She nodded and started the car. As she was driving I told her what had happened in the classroom replaying every detail for her.

            She was there saying things like everything will work out and everything happens for a reason, not its okay or the things people say when they don’t know what else to say to a crying person. As she parked in my driveway, I told her I was okay I just needed to be alone and I would see her tomorrow.

            I walked inside and heard my parents in the kitchen talking. I wasn’t going to talk to them right away but my mom called me into the kitchen so I went. “How was school?” they both asked at the same time.

            “The school part of okay, but Eric and I broke up.”

            “Oh, Honey, I’m so sorry.” My mom said trying to comfort me.

            “It’s okay. I’m going to my room, I just want to be alone right now.”

            “Okay Honey.” My mom said. My dad was just sitting there not really knowing what to say.

            I walked up to my room, finished the little bit of homework that I had gotten, and watched tv until I couldn’t anymore and cried myself to sleep. That night I dreamt of  Eric but it wasn’t a peaceful sleep like it had been the night before it just left me even more sad then from when I went to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129 0 122
A life. One fragment of this life, of this young woman's life, is particularly hard for her. She's fighting through life to get everything that she e...
35.3K 704 62
Kate and her mom were having a beautiful time. They had the best time of their lives, until just like that. Their house was full of flames and everyo...
1.7K 40 21
You know the moment when you fall in love with a special someone. You expect high expectations and expect nothing to ever go wrong. We'll that's the...
20 0 15
This isn't related to this story but, Hi i'm Kate. this is my first fully written story, though its only a short story i'm very proud of myself for f...