College Students

By rosexquartsz

First day of college. Darcy Winters is a new student, she's quiet, quirky, lovable but not what people expect... More

❥ Chapter 1.
❥ Chapter 2.
❥ Chapter 3.
❥ Chapter 4.
❥ Chapter 5.
❥ Chapter 6.
❥ Chapter 7.
❥ Chapter 8.
❥ Chapter 9.
❥ Chapter 10.
❥ Chapter 11.
❥ Chapter 12.
❥ Chapter 14.
❥ Chapter 15.
❥ Chapter 16.
❥ Chapter 17.
❥ Chapter 18.
❥ Chapter 19.
❥ Chapter 20.
❥ Chapter 21.
❥ Chapter 22.
❥ Chapter 23.
❥ Chapter 24.
❥ Chaper 25.
❥ Chaper 26.
❥ Chapter 27.
❥ Chapter 28.
❥ Chapter 29.
❥ Chapter 30.
❥ Chapter 31.
❥ Chapter 32.
❥ Chapter 33.
❥ Chapter 34.
❥ Chapter 35.
❥ Chapter 36.
❥ Chapter 37.
❥ Chapter 38.
❥ Chapter 39.
❥ Chapter 40.
❥ Chapter 41.
❥ Chapter 42.
❥ Chapter 43.
❥ Chapter 44.
❥ Chapter 45.
❥ Chapter 46.
❥ Chapter 47.
❥ Chapter 48.
❥ Chapter 49.
❥ Chapter 50.
❥ Chapter 51.
❥ Chapter 52.
❥ Chapter 53.
❥ Chapter 54.
❥ Chapter 55.
❥ Chapter 56.
❥ Chapter 57.
❥ Chapter 58
Update.

❥ Chapter 13.

24.1K 585 360
By rosexquartsz

I'm really late posting this ):

My eyes flutter open, squinting at the sunlight, confusion passes through me, I can feel the motion of someone breathing underneath my head, Issac's chest.

I suddenly start to remember last night, the glass room, Issac, Andrew, the stars. It had been quite an eventful night, I hadn't really broke down to anyone before, not that I told Issac everything but stuff that I felt needed to come out and I think he did the same.

I know he still has a lot of heartache over Andrew which is understandable but I think it's all bottled up inside him, seeing him cry was heartbreaking, people think Issac is a hard emotionless person but it's the complete opposite, he's very sensitive but I just think he doesn't know how to handle that.

I frown and start to move, I feel embarrassed
having cuddled him in my sleep when all I wanted was someone to keep me company instead of being alone.

"Don't move" he mumbles pulling me back, I have to stand by what I said last night about us being friends and nothing more so cuddling eachother in bed was not right and also not fair on Issac.

Who'd want you in their bed?

I shake my head, "I have to" I wiggle out of his grip and look down at his restful face, his eyes still closed, hair all fluffy but still managing to be cute.

I can't lie I didn't hate the sight but I rip myself anyway not looking that far down his body, we have to be friends, Ellie would be so upset and it's not fair on Issac to drag him into my problems, I have to be emotional stable to be in a stable relationship.

"Why?" I hear him whine behind me trying to reach me without having to move, "Friends Issac" I flatten my pyjamas out making them presentable.

"Stupid friends" He mumbles under his breath turning over. I didn't bring anything with me downstairs last night so I walk over to the door, "I'm gonna go see Amelia" I smile looking back at him lying on the bed, arm draping out the side.

"I feel cheap!" He cracks one eye open, looking over at me. "Cuddle me all night and then just leave in the morning, not even a cute morning cuddle" He huffs I couldn't help but giggle, "I'm sorry" I fake frown and quickly run over and kiss his temple.

"Still not forgiven" He mumbles as I walk back over to the door turning the handle, "Gonna have to live with it" I give him a cheeky smile before walking out the glass room, it really is a beautiful styled room.

My hoodie I had brought downstairs was still folded on the deck chair, it's my favourite Hard Rock grey hoodie I got it when I spent the night in Manchester and went to their restaurant.

I slip it over my head and quickly throw my hair into a bun with the hair bobble around my wrist and walk back into the house, "Good morning Darcy" Sam smiles over at me.

I was highly embarrassed that Samantha has seen me crawl in from outside, "Good morning" I shyly tuck loose hair behind my ear.

"Come, sit down I'll make you some breakfast" She pulls out a chair from the breakfast bar, it was a high top spin chair.

"That's okay you don't need to make me anything" I shake my head, "Nonsense, a growing lady like you needs food, plus Amelia and Issac never let me make food for them anymore and I don't feel like a mom" She laughs to herself.

"Well, if you insist" I sit on the chair that's opposite her work station of food, "Have you seen Issac? He wasn't in his bedroom" Samantha frowns, I can tell in her eyes that she's worried about Issac and misses him even though she sees him everyday, I think he's grown distant from everyone.

"He's outside, in the glass room" I smile pulling my sleeves over my hands to keep them warm, "The glass room?" She stops preparing food and looks at me.

"Yes, I couldn't sleep last night and went to sit by the pool for a bit and Issac must of heard and come down and well he showed me the room so I could see the stars" I smile, surprise & sadness cross her tired eyes.

"I'm guessing he told you about Andrew?" She slowly carries on with the food, "Yes" I nod unsure, I don't know if Samantha would be okay with me knowing that information, their families private business.

"I haven't really seen Issac since Andrews death, he changed as a person to a rock wall that in someways was like a robot, I miss Andrew so much of course, I love him and think about him everyday but it hit Issac like a train, we've all learnt how to cope with it, to live and carry on even when there were times I didn't think I could but Issac, he's just buried it within himself, bottled it up" She speaks tearfully, forcing her tears away. I was surprised shes told me so much in the amount of time I've known her but maybe she just needs to let this out.

"This is what he looked like" She quickly walks over to a kitchen draw and pulls out a little framed picture showing it to me. A boy with short dark brown hair just like Issac's stands with a beaming smile, on a beach standing by the rocks.

He looks happy, sparkly eyes and deep dimples, didn't look like someone who'd suffered badly with depression but the sad thing is you can never tell with the ones that suffer the most because they've gotten so good at faking a smile.

"He looks sweet, happy" I smile at the picture, "It was a holiday to Wales, he loved it there" She smiles down at the picture herself until Issac comes in, shutting the door loudly to make his presents aware, Samantha quickly snaps the picture back into the draw.

"Morning" He mumbles tiredly rubbing his eyes, "Morning sweetie" Sam smiles at him but he ignores her and sits down next to me.

"I'm making Darcy some breakfast would you like some?" She looks hopeful, I'm guessing he doesn't sit here with her very often, "No" He shakes his head.

"Issac you gotta have breakfast it's the most important meal of the day" I spin my chair so I'm facing him as he sits on my left, "Just please eat?" I narrow my eyes at him when he shakes his head stubbornly.

"Fine, I'll have what she's having" Issac waves, Sam beams when he agrees, "I think we should have Darcy here more often" She mumbles to herself but we both catch it, I go bright red.

"I see you stole Darcy off me yet again last night?" Amelia walks downstairs in her cat pyjamas, I'm more of a dog person.

"No, I just kept her company" He rolls his eyes at her, he's clearly not a morning person, "You better not of been doing naughty things, I know you Issac, you steal all my friends" She huffs taking a cup out the fridge.

"No we didn't and no I don't" He shakes his head huffing at her. Amelia laughs and nods her head, "Okay I believe you" She smiles.

"Have you forgot how good Issac is at lying Lia?" Samantha laughs, "I remember when he lied to me about breaking my favourite vase and convinced me you'd done it"

"I know, I remember my two week punishment" Amelia rolls her eyes making Issac sit with a proud smirk, "But he's telling the truth" She nods.

"How can you tell?" Samantha raises her eyebrows, "Because if he had he wouldn't be this grumpy, he'd probably be flying off a rainbow" She laughs as I look away in even more embarrassment.

"C'mon Darcy, you can eat in my room" Amelia takes the plate Samantha just handed me and walks off upstairs, "Thank you Mrs Flynn" I smile before running upstairs not looking at Issac as I follow Amelia.

"You'd look cute in these" Amelia giggles holding up the tiniest shorts I've ever seen, "No way! Not really apart of my style" I laugh.

Me and Amelia decided to go shopping, it was fun so far I'd never spent one on one time with her before and I'm learning new things about her.

"There's so many nice things here, I could buy everything" She twirls around making me laugh, she nearly crashes into a middle aged man.

"You look so beautiful when you laugh" She smiles standing in front of me, my cheek turn a shade pink as I look down, "And when you're shy" She giggles.

"Stop" I laugh covering my face, "But thank you" I say after a short silence this time making her laugh.

I peep through my fingers, her soft green eyes sparkle like Issac's when she laughs, they'd look more alike if they had the same eye shade. Her hair is so long and wavy the colour dirty blonde, she was truly beautiful with her rosy cheeks and little nose. I find myself smiling right at her.

"Take a picture it will last longer" She winks noticing my looming stare, "Maybe I will" I wink right back at her and snap my phone out.

"Smile" I giggle as she strikes a pose, smiling to the fullest.

She laughs, "Come on, let's go eat"

I never knew how nice it felt to have a friend, I'm so glad I have Amelia.

We stumble into a restaurant that's placed in the foot court of the shopping centre, "This place looks nice, wanna eat here?" Amelia smiles.

"Yeah, it looks great" I smile. It was very cosy and warm, fake candles lit in the middle of tables with roses and romantic decor, Amelia slots us into a little booth. It has red seats and fairy lights dangling down.

"Very romantic in here" I gasp dazzled by all the pretty things, "So beautiful" I smile.

"Well what can I say, a beautiful place to match a beautiful person" She smiles looking at me, I blush intensely and try hide it from her.

"No, don't hide" She giggles reaching over, I whine embarrassed and move away, "It's cute, come on show me!" She smiles lifting my chin, "No it's not" I whine but then laugh and hide my face again feeling giddy.

She's lying, nothing about you is beautiful or cute, you're ugly.

I shake my head "Hello, my name is Joe. I'll be your waiter, what may I get you to drink?" A tall blonde haired boy stands at our table smiling at us.

"We'll have your best wine" Amelia giggles, wine?! "I'll need to see some ID" He frowns down at her but she matches that with her sweetest smile and takes out a card, "Okay that's great, I'll bring it over" He nods handing it back to her.

"Wine?" I giggle with a hush tone, "It's all my treat" She winks, "Plus what's the point in having a fake ID if you can't use it" She laughs in a quieter voice before the waiter comes back and pours our wine.

"Oh my god! This is amazing, have you ever had wine?" Amelia asks taking another sip of her wine, "No, only that one time at Nathan's party but that was vodka" I shrug.

"Try some" She smiles as I take a sip, "It's okay, unique taste but I quite like it" I nod.

"So, come on tell me, have you got the hots for my brother or not?" She asks casually but I can identify the seriousness in her voice.

"He's my friend, nothing more nothing less. He's going on a date with Ellie anyways, I made him ask her" I laugh, "She'd never leave me alone if I didn't"

"I think he likes you" She frowns, "I know, he has told me but I just can't handle a relationship right now" I nod, "I have told him all this don't worry I'm not gonna hurt him or anything if that's what you think, well not intentionally" I nod.

She looks happy with the news but plays it off, "I'm glad, thought I'd have to give you the talk"

"So enough about boring old me. What about your love life?" I lean on the table curious, "Maybe" She shrugs.

"Maybe? Who is it" I ask her playfully, I'd be so happy if Amelia could find someone, she has a lot of love to give.

"I don't think I've a chance with them" She frowns, "Why not? You're so beautiful and sweet" I frown along with her.

"It's complicated but thank you, they have no idea how I feel and I think only view me as a friend" She looks at me with an odd gaze that I can't quite work out what means, "Tell them!" I brush it off and smile.

"No, I don't think that's the best idea" She shakes her head, I frown maybe she'll tell me who it is in time but I don't think she wants to talk about it now.

The waiter comes and takes our food orders, I order a BBQ chicken stack and Amelia has grilled salmon.

"Im so excited the food looks amazing" I'm so hungry my stomach is grumbling which is highly embarrassing but I don't think anyone can hear.

"Hungry?" She laughs when my belly makes yet another noise, I hold it with my hands thinking that would quieten it down, "Just a bit" I nod.

"I'm glad you came to our barbecue, my family really liked you" She smiles, "They did?" I raise my eyebrows I wasn't aware I'd made an impression.

"Yes of course, who wouldn't?" She winks, "You're full of compliments today" I wink back playfully, "And you're never normally this playful, I like this side of you" She smiles.

"Aren't I always playful?" I take another sip of wine, "No you're always shy" She looks at me amused as I pull funny faces at her.

"Maybe you bring this side out in me" I stick my tongue out, "Or maybe the wine does" She laughs.

"I like this stuff, it's nice" I nod, "Maybe we'll slow that stuff down for you" She takes the glass away from me, I frown.

"That's mine" I whine, "You can have it back when I say so" She smirks.

"Ooooooh, I love it when you're controlling" I wink, "Oh do you?" She smirks more leaning across the table, "Yes I do" I lean the same way she does.

"Interesting" She mumbles, our faces lean in, her eyes are looking into mine but I'm distracted by her facial features, amazed at how well they all fit together and mine don't, I huff.

The waiter soon arrives with our food and I tuck in straight away, "Slow down cowboy" Amelia laughs at my staving state.

"I'm so hungry" I laugh but slow down in case I make a fool of myself. The food is so beautiful I'm convinced angels have made it, the way it melts on my tongue I'm having a food-gasm.

We soon finish food and start on dessert, chocolate covered strawberries.

"They look delicious!" I dazzle my eyes down at them, "Open!" Amelia laughs picking up a strawberry, I open my mouth and let her place it on my tongue as I take a bite.

"They taste delicious!" I close my eyes enjoying the sweetness in my mouth.

"We should do this more often" Amelia smiles eating a strawberry.

"We should" I smile.

I arrive home after my amazing day spent with Amelia, I'm rather exhausted.

"And she returns" Ezra smiles as I pass by the living room, "Have fun?"

"Yeah, it was amazing, I had so much fun" I smile brightly at him making him smile even wider, "I'm glad" He winks.

"Issac's family are so nice and his house is massive, he showed me this room they have in there garden, it's very private but it's not just any room, it's made out of glass it's so amazing! I could see the stars" I reminisce back to last night.

"Did you share a room with him?" He becomes less smiley and more serious, "Yes" I mumble avoiding his eyes.

"Share a bed?" He sits up out his comfortable position, "Yes" I mumble even quieter.

"Darcy! You shouldn't be sharing a room with this boy, you haven't know him five minuets and you're sharing a bed?" He raises his eyebrows standing right in front of me, "He's my friend" I frown my eyebrows.

"Just a friend?" His serious tone nerves me, "Yes, I've told him, we're only friends and he respects that" I nod, he doesn't look convinced.

"Well okay, but I don't exactly approve" He sighs and sits back down, "You should relax for a bit and get an early night" He nods, not looking towards me.

I nod and run upstairs, maybe Ezra is right, maybe I shouldn't be getting this close to Issac. I run myself a bath and soak within it for what feels like forever.

I close my eyes, breath in and out and pretend I've floated out of my own head, roaming freely like a little fairy, I pop my negative thoughts with a tap of my little fairy finger. I vanish them and feel a small smile soften onto my lips.

I get out the bath feeling relaxed and get ready for bed, brushing my long locks out, cleansing my face so I feel fresh and read my book.

I love reading books, I like to put my head into someone else's story and not my own. A romantic story, getting whisked off their feet into love and passion.

I soon fall tired and watch a move, yet another romance but I love to see love, I love to see happiness, I just love to see positive and happy things around me.

I fall asleep that night with a smile on my face.

What do you think?

What are you thoughts on Amelia?
Who do you think her secret crush is?
Let me know!

Vote if you like!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

544 127 113
Nat returns to campus for her senior year of college. Something's in the air - is it anxiety? Is it pot fumes drifting out of someone's dorm window...
17 0 4
Kennedy isn't one for the dramatics. She's only trying to survive a world that squashes what she calls love. In her advances in life she feels as if...
2.5M 102K 52
"You look good wearing my last name." My jaw slacks open and the bell rings then, him smiling a lopsided grin before grabbing his bag and strutting o...
8.4M 151K 63
𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐫𝐞𝐜...