A Curse of Luck

By xXsweetmisery10Xx

For as long as Whitney can remember her family has had rotton luck. Nothing extremely unlucky happens like de... More

Taken (1)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (2)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (3)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (4)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (5)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (6)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story)(7)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (8)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (9)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (10)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (11)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (12)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (13)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (14)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (15) Part 1
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (15) Part 2
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (16)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (17) Part 1
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (17) part 2
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (18)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (19)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (20)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (21)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (22)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (23)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (24)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (25)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped story) (26)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (27)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (28)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (30)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (31)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (32)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (33)
Feeling Safe (36)
Bitterness (37)

A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (29)

390 7 3
By xXsweetmisery10Xx

Whitney’s (Pov)

"Where are you taking me?" I ask for the hundredth time. I am surprise the man hasn’t blown a gasket and tried to strangle me or something.

Even I whom I consider myself a very patient person and am hard to annoy would be annoyed by the same question over and over. I’ve ask him since we left that what I now know was an old well in the ground that had been converted into a storage shed but had since been abandon.

But he still hasn’t answered any of my questions after he told me his name it was as if he forgot how to speak. Every time I would ask him a question whether it was about where he was taking me or why I got so sick, it was like his was in another world lost in his own thoughts.

Now we are back on the stallion that we were on previously heading to god knows where because the stran- I mean Eitan won’t speak to me. It is still strange for me to call him Eitan. I mean before I thought of him as my kidnapper stranger man, but now that I have a name to give to the cloak stranger it just makes me feel closer to him in a way.

A closeness I want nothing to do with; a familiar ness that I can’t form with him. I don’t know why I had to be so stupid and ask for his name but in the state I was in it felt like I wanted some kind of answer from him even if it wasn’t truly the question I wanted to ask him.

I know that doesn’t really make sense none of my feelings or thoughts are starting to make sense. Maybe my mind did suffer damage from the heat and now I am going crazy; but maybe if I go crazy the stra- I mean Eitan won’t want me anymore and he’ll let me go.

‘Or maybe he’ll kill you.’

A voice in the back of mind comments, drat the voice is right out of the two letting me go or killing me the later would be the best option for Eitan if I were to go crazy.

What am I saying I need to stop, if were going crazy I don’t think I could be analyzing myself like I have been? I release a soft sigh and pull Eitan’s cloak around me tighter.

I’m doing this one because he told me it will protect me from getting hot again and two it covers the dress that Eitan gave me to wear.

Now the dress isn’t slutty or a terrible color or anything it’s just I will repeat myself I loathe wearing dresses.

The dress is simple it’s made of cotton I assume and is a long and almost floats around; it has a halter top and a modest neckline and it’s in a shade of green that almost matches my eye color perfectly.

The thing that made me hate the dress even more is when I changed into it and Eitan return to only stop and stare at me for two long uncomfortable minutes.

I was scared stiff and thought maybe he found me somewhat attractive and would take advantage of the situation (us being along in a well) like Don had.

Luckily he didn’t but I have been caution and wary of him since. I just want to get off this horse we’ve been traveling on for so long and I haven’t been able to look at the scenery like last time to pass the time because the cloak is so big and covers all of my vision.

All I see is darkness and it dampens my mood even more and it seems like there isn’t a minute that passes that my mind doesn’t travel to Will and wonder whether his okay or not.

Also I hate to admit it but my thoughts also travel to Kieran and the thought that maybe either of the two might come after me if they realize I’ve been taken.

Then fear and guilt hits me because what if either of them do come after me and find me they might get hurt or killed by this man.

I mean I know so far he has been civil and even accommodating towards me, but I know for a fact that he holds distain for Will.

I mean they both got into a fight before back at the bar which I believe Kieran played a part in as well. It could end terribly and I would never forgive myself if anything ever happens to Will and even Kieran as much as he angered me.

"If you’re not going to tell me where we are going can you at least tell me how much longer it will take to get there?"

I want to turn to drive my point across that I really wish to know. But being on the horse makes it very difficult plus I really don’t know what type of mood he is in other than he doesn’t want to speak with me any longer so I don’t want to upset him.

I see his grip tighten on the rains in front of me and I really hope I haven’t pissed him off this time.

"Soon it will not be much longer, just be patient." His deep voice almost startles me I haven’t heard it in so long I forgot how intimidating he could sound without trying to.

Though I cannot say that he is trying to intimidate me on purpose but I think I am better off not knowing that piece of information.

"Okay." I whisper it not really caring if he hears or not. I shift forward trying to keep my leg from falling asleep, my thighs are starting to burn from the pressure my weight is putting on them, plus the position I’m sitting in is not helping.

With me wearing a dress I kind of had to sit side saddle but I scrunched up my legs to keep from falling off and it is so uncomfortable.

..........................................................................................................................................

"Whitney, Whitney we have arrived. I am sorry to disturb you but we must get going." I feel someone gently shaking me awake.

Wait I don’t remember falling asleep. I blink my eyes open and see nothing but darkness for a moment I'm hit with fear but I quickly remember it is just from the cloak.

I then hear voices meaning more than one. Why would there be more than one voice? The grogginess from my nap starts to dissipate and my senses start to clear.

I now realize the voices are surrounding us and they belong to both male and female. I can hear what I think are people walking around and just a lot of ruckus.

I also smell smoke not like fire or cigarettes more like pollution like the exhaust that cars give off. The smell is so strong that I can almost taste it on the tip of my tongue.

Now for my last sense sight; I need to take this damn cloak off so I can take in my surroundings.

I go to lift the hood from my face so one I can see the star- I mean Eitan, two to see where we are and three so I can get some much needed air. But my action was stopped mid-way by Eitan grabbing my wrist.

"No do not take it off yet, it is still not safe to do so."

"Why?" I am starting to get annoyed during our journey he barley said anything and now he thinks he can just start ordering me around and thinks I will not question him well he's got another thing coming to him.

"It just is not. Please just do as I say. I am going to get down from the horse first then I will help you off." His tone is the same but the only difference is it has a slight undertone of command in it.

"But I can’t see anything how will I know.....

"I will assist you do no worry. There is nothing you need to see here anyway."

"But I want to see where here is. You can’t just expect me to trust you blindly." If he can’t hear the coldness in my voice than he is not as swift as I first thought.

Perhaps he doesn’t even know why his master wants me and he is just some loyal servant that doesn’t question an order when given one.

"No, no I guess I cannot expect you trust me but it seems to me you do not have much of a choice. So you have two choices corporate with me and things will be pleasant for you or you can choose the hard way and fight me and it is not named the "hard way" for no reason. What do you choose Miss Whitney?"

Is he serious, he obviously just stated that I don’t have a choice not a real one. I cannot believe this I should have been scared after is semi threat but again I don’t feel threaten by him.

I mean don’t get me wrong there have been times I have felt scared of him but that was more from the unknown, not knowing what was going to happen.

I don’t even want to response to him he doesn’t deserve me to speak with him. I am not going to let him thiknk that I am scared or intimidated by him even if I am a little.

Well I have decided I am going to give him the cold shoulder and not speak to him it is just making me frustrated he won’t answer my questions anyway so there is no point in me communicating with him.

"I will take your silence as the first option then." I bite my tongue trying not to retort his stupid words.

Okay that might have been a bit childish. But in this case I am the child in this situation; at least I think I am. Eitan has to be older than me; I mean he sounds much older than me.

"Come now give me your hand." Again with the commands, but I don’t move I’m taking a stand or more like showing him how strong I actually am.

Then without warning he grips around my middle and lifts my legs out from under me and the next thing I know we are on solid ground. Well at least I think we are on solid ground it felt like we got off the horse.

I really don’t know what to do with my hands when he is carrying me like this, it feels very awkward. Part of me wants to yell at him to put me down and lecture him how he does not have the right to just pick me up like that.

Then the stubborn part of me reminds myself that I am protesting him and I will not speak to him. I just hope my strike with actually affect him otherwise I am wasting time and a lot of energy. Not that I have anything else to do being a kidnap victim and all, I just refuse to be at this man’s whim.

I know we are on the move and that we have left the horse either for good or not I have no clue but what I do know is wherever we are headed the noise and smog is getting louder and thicker. What is this place?

There are all types of noises I hear many different languages I cannot begin to guess which ones are which or if there even ones from my world. That brings another question to my mind do all the different creatures speak different languages?

Eitan speaks English like me but does that mean he always spoke English or did he learn and he has a different native language. I guess that is another question I will not get an answer too, one because I refuse to ask it and two I doubt Eitan could be bothered to answer it.

This is a very frustrating situation I find myself in I have no control over anything. I am used to having control over my life from where I went to what I did I had complete control back in my world, well maybe not complete control that might be impossible but a lot of control.

Suddenly all the noise is gone as well as the pollution smell. Then I feel like we are moving up stairs or maybe a hill? I have no idea, god I wish I could take off this damn hood. Then Eitan walks a few paces and then a sound of doors being open enters my ears.

"I am going to set you down but do not take off the cloak till I say, do you understand?" I am tempted to response since he is "letting" me take off the cloak. But I am as stubborn as a bull as my mother would say so I must not speak.

"Fine if you do as I say I will answer one of your questions. Does that sound fair but you do realize you will have to speak to me?"

Oh god now I am really tempted to speak I have the opportunity to get one of my questions answered my mind is already reeling with different options and my strike crumbles from its foundations.

"Okay." I never said I would say a lot but it’s a start.

Eitan steadily sets me on my feet it takes me a moment to gain my balance I got used to being carried that I am ashamed to admit.

"Okay you may remove your cloak." I don’t need to be told twice. I rip the darn thing off me so fast that it sends my hair in every which direction making the already disgusting tangled mess into, well I don’t think there is a comparison to how bad my hair must look.

I quickly try to tame my locks because the thought of having it look so bad make me self-conscious of what other will say or will stare at me in discuss.

Now that I have the hood off I look quickly around for any on lookers that may ridicule my once prized mane. But I am caught off guard when I see no on lookers but I do see a small very lavish room. Where-

"Please have a seat and make yourself comfortable. I am afraid we will be here for some time."

My attention is taking away from my new surroundings and is placed on Eitan who has already made himself comfortable on a long upholstery bench. The upholstery looks soft and inviting and has a rich velvet Victorian design displayed on it.

I continue my observation of the room and see a wide low window that is framed by drapes that almost mirror the upholstery with wooden blinds that darken the room.

The flooring is a similar type of wood to the blinds. I then turn myself around to come face to face with a set of French doors that appear to be a very dark stain of wood. The more I look at it the more I believe it is the wood from the dark forest me and Will had to travel through.

"Where are we?" Whether or not Eitan was going to answer me or not I will ever know because the loudest and most soul shatter horn goes off making my jump out of my skin. Then the room begins to lurch forward and I lose my balance and fall.

This is the perfect time for my bad luck to turn up not only do I lose my balanced and fall but where I land is even more horrific I fall full force forward on top of Eitan.

.................................................................................................................................................

Will's (Pov)

Alley after alley building after building and still no sign of Whitney. With some help from the girl back at the inn I found my way to where Whitney was supposed to be at the edge of the forest but there was no sign of her.

So I decided to search back through this strange village at first I was in a culture shock with all the strange scale covered building, and all the people that look grey and lifeless and that walked like they were carrying the world on their shoulders. But I pushed past all of that remembering my goal to find Whitney; but it is getting dark and with no sign of Whitney I am worried and losing hope.

What if I don’t ever fine her? What if something happened to her? It would be my entire fault; I promised to take care of her and get her back home safely.

What kind of man am I to let this happen? I should have seen this coming I mean I have only ever been able to take care of myself and not even that great.

Why did I get the stupid idea that I could take care of another human being let alone a helpless, innocent, and a girl like Whitney? It seems my life as a screw up is still happening even in another world and its putting another person’s life at risk.

I stop running and lean against a building thinking of what to do next or where to go. It's going to be dark soon I won’t be able to find her in the dark, should I go back to the inn, can I even find the inn again?

Probably not, this is so god damn frustrating I pound my fist against the scale walls. Soon after I feel a warm trickle of liquid streaming down my arm. I'm bleeding, I don’t even need to look the sensations is too similar to me.

Shit that’s I all I need right now is to injure myself; I lift my head to look around me to find and answer to my dilemma.

But this town is so dead just like its people there is no one around but during the day it was a bustling working town but now it’s like once the sun went down everyone scatted into their home. I believe most of the inhabitants are human I couldn’t sense anything otherwise but why is everyone gone when the darkness appears?

I look down an alley near a building and just before I turn to leave I seen a glint of light, light where is it coming from? I instinctively move to the light just like moths to a flame.

The closer I get to the light the sooner I realize the light is coming from a crack through a door. I look around the outline of the light and see the scales shimmer and glisten. I can’t believe I just thought of the words shimmer and glisten.

Good thing it was only in my mind and no one was around to hear it. I look for a handle to the door but see none. I push my hands on the door but with no luck it doesn’t budge.

I don’t know why I am so desperate to get in the building but I am and I will. I take a few steps back and place one of my feet in front of the other.

I place all my weight on to one leg and charge at the door. I lean my shoulder forward so it will endure most of the impact.

I shut my eyes ready for the pain that is guaranteed to come. But it never comes I pass right through the door feeling nothing but air; I lose my footing from the sensation and fall to the ground.

I look up and instantly recognize the smells, sounds, and atmosphere of the environment. I have stumbled my way into a home away from home to me, a bar.

...............................................................................................................................................

Whitney's (Pov)

"I-I'm so sorry." I scramble to get off of Eitan and put as much distance as possible between us. It felt so wrong and awkward to fall on top of him. I feel very embarrassed and uncertain of his reaction to what just happened.

I'm flustered and nervous but I feel a steady movement beneath me and realization dawns on me; I now know where I am or at least what I'm on.

"Are we on a train? We are aren’t we?" I have only ever been on a train once in my 18 years of life but I will never forget it was one of the best times I ever had with my family and is now one of my favorite memories.

Albeit the inside of the train car was not as lavish as this one but the movement and the sound of the horn are very similar.

"Your very observant, yes we are on a train maybe not the ones you’re accustom to but a train none the less."

It's not like the ones I am used to and I wonder how so? It isfascinating that this world has trains at all, I just assumed everyone had these amazing powers were they can teleport or something. I am really tempted to ask Eitan all my questions but I fear he won’t bother to answer any of them.

"Please take a seat and rest we still have a while till we arrive at our destination." Eitan voice sounds more in depth in this confine space. Well at least he asks me this time, I suppose I could comply.

I seat myself in the far corner of the bench closest to the window which by the way feels amazing to my bottom especially after being on horseback for so long, I hold in a sigh of pleasure.

I turn to view Eitan, and I wonder if he is always so stiff and stern. He is sitting with his back straight and his hands resting neatly on his legs. He looks and sounds so much like a robot I just can get rid of the analogy.

I pat down my hair and attempt to run my fingers through all the knots but fail miserably. I think without a bath and some large amounts of conditions I don’t think there is any hope to safe it.

"You may take a bath when we arrive and you will have a room to rest in." Can he read my mind? I doubt it I am sure it was just my actions that compelled him to say that.

Well it seems now he is willing to speak with me, maybe he has gotten over whatever mood he was in previously that kept him from speaking.

I rub my eyes and slump against the bench a warm bath and bed sound so foreign now but very appealing. But I long for my own bathroom with my frog shower curtain and sea foam green walls and of course my matching frog towel rack. I really don’t like real frogs but the cartoon versions are so cute to me.

I small smile graces my face but doesn’t last long because thinking of my frog covered bathroom reminds me of home which in turn make me depressed and very emotional.

Oh god my eyes are watering up, I can’t do this not in front of him. I close my eyes and swallow the lump in my throat, okay Whitney pull yourself together. You need to think of something else to keep the tears at bay, but the only thing I can think of is what my fate might turn out to be with this man, what will happen to me?

"So will you tell me where you are taking me?" I reluctantly ask the question not expecting an answer in return but it does provide a good distraction for me and my tears.

"Is that the one question you want answered?" At first I am confused but then I quickly remember our deal. But do I want that to be my one question, I guess it is as good as any for now.

"Um, sure I guess that is my question."

"We-we are going to my un-masters home." Why did he hesitate?

"Lord Tempest?" I say in a whisper; I ask but I already know the answer.

"Yes Lord Tempest Adan."

Hearing his names brings back memories of the bar when I first heard his name and that he had purchased me. Without much thought questions leave my mouth filled with curiosity and an almost plea to be answered.

"He paid for me right?"

"I said I would answer one question if you cooperated. I am sorry but I cannot answer anymore." There is a finality to his tone but I don’t let that faze my mind is reeling and craving for answers.

There has to be some way to get them out of this robotic demon, but how? What can I do to get him to talk to me? I realize I maybe treading on dangerous ground and the answers I seek might not be anything I can stand to hear. Also there is a chance for me pushing Eitan so much it will cause him to snap and release his true demonic nature which I assume is nasty and even worse violent.

But in my heart I feel I need to take the risk, so far I have been too cautious and I have regretted not doing more. Like when I should have tried to escape from Eitan back in the well or putting up more of a fight when he took me the second time. Maybe my risks weren’t high enough and that is why my rewards haven’t been greater.

I don’t know I feel confused and nervous but at this point I need to let my heart lead more than my head because using my head has done me not much good so far.

"Back before when I first met you, you said that I belong to and with you. What did you mean by that?"

A pregnant silence filled the room with an underlining of tension.

...............................................................................................................................................

"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever"

~A chinese proverb~

....................................................................................................................................................

Authors Note: First off VOTE, COMMENT, OR FAN please and thank you.

It has been too long since I updated last I have no excuse just an apology. I hope people are till reading and are enjoying the story so any feedback is so welcomed. Oh I have a question what do you fans think of Eitan? Leave me a comment or message I want hear your thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 9.6K 44
Elizabeth has been ruling her kingdom for 3 years now. She's gone through countless advisors in those 3 years. When she's finally ready to give up on...
979K 42K 87
Kenta Bernard, a seventeen-year-old, died of leukemia in the hospital and was reincarnated in a novel that he has yet to finish. He is the ill second...
1.9M 96.5K 38
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
62.8K 576 12
အသက်ရွယ်ကန့်သက်ချက်တွေ လွန်လွန်ကြူးကြူးပါဝင်လို့ ကိုယ့်ဟာကိုယ် ဆင်ခြင်ဖတ်ပါ။