RULE (Completed)

By dirasdolls

"You are queen now, start acting like it." Ariana has waited her entire life to become queen and rule her cou... More

Chapter 1: Goodbye
Chapter 2: Death of a King
Chapter 3: Coffin
Chapter 4: Don't Come for Me
Chapter 5: Pirates
Chapter 6: Hidden
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10: Dance with me
Chapter 11: Negotiation
Chapter 12: Guests
Chapter 13: Friends
Chapter 14: Loyalty
Chapter 15: Candidate
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 50 part 2
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 58 Part 2

Chapter 47

30 9 1
By dirasdolls

Magnus shakily rises and steps off of the throne. 

"Ariana-"

"It's 'Your Highness' to you," I say cutting him off. 

He swallows. "Of course."

Darien leans down to my ear. "What do you want me to do with them?"

"Lock my mother in her room, put your father in one of the guest rooms. I have bigger problems to deal with right now, like getting this kingdom back in order."

Darien nods and signals to the two royal guards standing on either corner of the room. 

They march over to my mother and Magnus. Each taking one, they drag them struggling out of the room. The doors slam shut behind them.

Darien moves to stand in front of me. "Are you okay?" 

I stare at him for a long time before replying. 

"My kingdom is falling apart, and I haven't even had a coronation to be queen yet. I have a dungeon full of Julius's pirates who want to kill me, half of my royal guards deserted me, and on top of everything, instead of caring where her daughter was or if she was alive even, my mother has been sitting here, eating grapes."

I inhale a shaky breath. "No, I'm not okay." 

Darien cups my chin in his hand. 

"Hey, you are going to be fine. Okay? We'll get the kingdom under control. We'll take care of Julius' pirates, and who needs royal guards when you have some very loyal pirates backing you up?"

Tears threaten to spill out of my eyes. Darien releases my chin and pulls me to his chest. I breathe in his familiar scent, the sea, and roses. I wrap my arms around his waist as his arms tighten around me. 

"Thank you," I whisper into his chest.

He rests his chin on my head. 

"You are going to be an amazing Queen, love."

I lean back, my arms still around his waist. "What happened to not wanting me to be Queen?" 

His lips pull up into a soft smile. "We've come along way since then."

He rests his hand on my cheek and leans in so close, our noses touch. 

His lips part slightly. "Ariana-"

"Your Highness!" 

I release Darien and turn to the pirate standing in the doorway, breathless and panting. 

"What is it?"

"Ailee is requesting to see you."

My eyes grow wide. "So?"

He swallows as his eyes lock with mine. 

"She's brought an army with her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375 31 21
What if everything that was perfect in your life started to crumble...("Its your grandma...Her health is getting worst") What if you were told that o...
103K 8.7K 30
Ariana Adams isn't who she says she is. Running from the very people who were supposed to protect her, she has been forced to give up everything she...
251 5 1
Lady Aria of Li-Aval feels like a prisoner, with a magnificent manor as her cage. Her father hides her from the rest of the world because Aria has ha...
58 1 1
Aislynn is a young girl who loses her adopted parents to a tragic accident. She spends the next two years at an orphanage where she begins hearing vo...