Chapter 22

I place my hands on my hips and raise an eyebrow at Darien. 

He walks over to Kalin and slings his arm around his shoulders. "Thanks for the save, mate."

Kalin nods from underneath Darien's arm. "Anytime, Captain." 

I clear my throat. "I'm much obliged to you for saving me, however, I would appreciate it if you could take me back to my castle now." 

The men burst out laughing, including Darien. 

I fold my arms. "What?" 

Darien takes his arm off of Kalin and walks up to me, his wet boots squeaking on the deck.

 "You mean the castle that is now ridden with Julian's men? The castle that is currently under siege waiting for you to come out? That castle?" 

His eyes lock with mine while his lips pull up into a smirk. "Don't you think it's safer to stay here with us?" 

I take a step forward and look him in the eye. "You mean with the pirate who kidnapped me? The pirate who said he would much rather have his sister on the throne than me? The pirate I almost died because of? That pirate?" 

I say, mocking his tone. His smirk vanishes as he straightens up.

 "Fine, tie her up boys." 

My eyes widen. "What?" 

"Oh, you didn't think I'd actually take you back to the castle did you? I still don't want you on the throne. " 

My panic level rises as two of the men, one of them being Kalin, seize me. 

"Wait!" I shout. 

Darine turns around. 

"Why don't you want me on the throne?" 

His eyes darken. 

"You share the same blood as your father, the man who murdered my mother."