Chapter 58

My eyes move back to the fight. Slicing the back of a man's calves, I move on to the next man. I hiss in pain as his sword cuts my arm. 

"Princess, sword!"

 I turn to the left to find one of Darien's pirates throwing me another sword. Throwing him a half smile, I tighten my grip on both swords and charge forward.

Darien's P.O.V. 

I follow the man running farther into the woods. 

Where is he going?

He turns back and finds me following him. His eyes grow wide as he pivots on his heel and races deeper into the darkness. 

"Bloody soldier, " I spit before breaking into a run. My boots pound the dirt beneath me as I chase the man. I slow to a jog as the man trips and face-plants into the mud. Looking around, I notice a rope attached to something under the leaves where the man has fallen. My lips curl into a smile. Using my sword, I chope the rope down. A net made of twisted knots emerges from the leaves and traps the man. Sheathing my sword, I walk towards him. He presses his face to the holes in the rope.

 "Please let me go."

I stop cold at the sound of his voice. "Liam?" 

The man's eyes grow wide. "Darien?" 

I cut down the rope immediately and pull him to his feet. My back turns rigid as he throws his arms around me. 

"I thought you were dead, brother."

Hello readers! Sorry for the late update, why do you think Darien's brother was helping Ailee? Don't forget to vote and comment!