ALiVE (KHR Fanfic)

By -idxris

『 Dying of Asphyxiation was seriously not my goal in life. 』 Neither was meeting a Governor of the Afterlife... More

0. Intro
1. Breathe
2. Void
3. Life
4. Fall
5. Break
6. Wail
7. Please
8. Timeskip
9. Begin!
10. Reborn!
11. Smile
12. Skylark
13. Baseball
14. Family
15. Lambo
16. Fever
17. Reception
18. Magic
19. Sawada
20. Kids
21. Found
22. Household
23. Cavallone
24. Condition
25. New Year
26. Parents
27. Hospital
28. Blossoms
29. Birth
30. Sea
31. Bazooka
32. Festival
33. Attack
34. Captured
35. Scream
36. Will
37. Stand
38. Sisters
39. Faint
40. Dream
41. Action
42. Recuperate
43. Coincidence
44. Recovered
45. Reprimand
46. Holding on
47. Lost
48. Walk
49. Encount
50. Cold
51. Hint
52. Rain
53. Solace
54. Subconscious
55. Bewildering
56. Summation
57. Celebration
58. Lull
59. Broker
60. Seeing
61. Chess
62. Rat
63. Rot
64. Raid
65. Explosion
66. Dread
67. Switch
68. Ruins
69. Conquer
70. Base
71. Fulfill
72. Name
73. Relation
74. Choice
75. Words
76. World
77. Act
78. Perspectives
80. Truth
81. Final
82. Byakuran
83. Regrets
84. Fare
85. Well
86. My
87. Sister
88. Eve
89. Gone
90. Strength
91. Zen
92. Settle
93. Rose
94. Melancholy
95. Neutral
96. Wimp
97. Staccato
98. Strangle
99. Perception
100. Vindice
101. Juncture
102. Drag
103. Migraine
104. Seclude
105. Spill
106. Curse
107. Pride
108. Worth
109. Progression
110. Almost There
111. Proxy
112. Identity
113. Go
114. Closure
115. His
116. Endure
117. Overcome
118. Kazane
119. Meaning
120. Montage
121. Path
122. Reform
123. Sunrise
124. Decision
125. Recognition
126. Resolution [END]

79. Speak

2.7K 198 15
By -idxris

79. Speak

I somehow made it into the forest, but now I have to find the actual area Tsuna and the others would gather. I don't think they've arrived yet, so I have a while more to locate the area.

The forest was quiet. 

I took a breather under a shady tree-- and looked around. The forest was breezy, and the air was fresh. I could perhaps hear the leaves rustling and birds chirping in a background cacophony--

I closed my eyes, letting out a breath in relief.

"Oh, look what I've found!"

Hearing the cheerful, high-pitched, young girl's voice-- I jumped, inevitably letting out a short shriek. Clinging to the tree I had been leaning on, I found myself surrounded.

Kikyou, Bluebell, and Torikabuto. And a tree at my back.

I could feel myself shiver at the sight of three as the temperature fell-- the color of my face drained away instantly.

Deja vu? 

"It's the outsider person," Bluebell pointed at me rudely. 

"Outsider person?" Kikyou let out a chuckle, "Regardless, it seems we've gotten quite a vital clue to our next action." 

Oh god no. What is this. Why does this always happen to me. 

I was unable to keep calm. The edges of my lips curled up in anything but joy, twitching in spasms and trembling nervously as I contemplated the stupidity of all my life choices.  

"Well, why don't we just make him tell us everything he knows?" Bluebell whined, inching uncomfortably close, with a terribly ecstatic smile on her face.

"Now, now, Bluebell," Kikyou held her by the shoulder, "For now, take him to Byakuran-sama." 

Torikabuto's hand took mine by the wrist-- but before he managed a firm grasp, I pulled away and-- jumped to grab hold of the lowest, bigger branch. 

Pulling myself up quickly, I scrambled up the rest of the tree in trained, easy movements, until I was at a comfortable height.

Having only watched me move, Kikyou chuckled at the sight. 

"Quite a monkey, aren't you?" he teased, "Unfortunately, without  flames, you are no match for us. Nor will you be able to escape from us in this situation."

My eyes narrowed. That was painfully true.

think, think, think--

Most of them can fly. they've got flames and, in the same way as Nozaru and Tazaru's boots, they're able to maneuver in the air. With just my reflexes, I can gain distance. but where can I go? Even if I could just buy time, my lungs won't keep up.

"Even if you catch me," the words came out of my mouth on impulse, "You're not getting anything useful! I got separated from the others quite a long while ago." I tried to bargain, "They're long gone from where I parted with them."

"Ehhh??" Bluebell whined, "But then you'd be completely useless..."

Kikyou did not falter. "Even so," he responded without missing a beat, "Byakuran-sama has expressed his interest in an anomaly such as yourself."

"He wouldn't be," I imitated Bluebell's whiny tone, sticking my tongue out childishly at the end of it. "He's just about done locating Yuni anyways. You don't need me, bleh!!" 

"You'd be useful as a hostage, at least." Kikyou sighed.

...why does this always happen to me?

After a long silence of being unable to conjure a proper reply, I let out a long, deep sigh. Standing up, I balanced myself-- and looked around the mess of branches I was crowded by. 

"Hm?" Kikyou hummed, curious at the sudden silence.

I bolted.

-

It didn't seem like I managed to shake them off. It was more likely that they decided to let me go.

They had been chasing quite fervently up until a point wherein Kikyou called the shots. Bluebell seemed whiny until the end, sending me little pouts and glares as I stopped to look back. Torikabuto, in contrast, complied without a word.

Kikyou gave me a bone-chilling smile before they went off.

Right when they'd gone out of sight-- I composed myself. My breath was ragged and my chest heaved at each breath-- It took me a long while to control myself.

Coughing a couple of times, I came to realize I hadn't a clue what time it was. My coughs were strong and rang with a sharp throe, laced with the tang of copper on my tongue.

Taking it upon myself to down three pills, I rested.

I walked the rest of the way.

-

"He's so defenseless." I heard Reborn mutter, "Doesn't he know we're in enemy territory?" 

"Sleeping out in the open like that," this was probably Gamma's voice, "I'd give him credit for how bold he is."

Prying my eyes open, I realized it was already nighttime.

"Good morning," Russo sighed, standing in front of me with his permanent grin on his face. "It's already dark out, though."

Everyone had already arrived.

I was sat by a rocky wall-- and taking a long moment to ascertain my surroundings, I simply blinked. There was a thin cloth draped over me, I noticed.

"This isn't good," Russo told Reborn, "He's still half-asleep."

"Seriously?" Gamma was taken aback.

Stretching my tired arms and loosening my shoulder, I let out a long yawn. The ones watching me stood up, giving me a bit of space, but Reborn jumped onto my knees.

"Good evening, Reborn." I told him. 

"Ciaossu, Rei." was his response. 

Finding himself a spot on my shoulder, Russo pulled me up. Thanking Russo, I decided to turn towards Gamma. Our eyes met-- and he seemed a bit bewildered for a long moment.

Giving him a low boy, I greeted him promptly. "I'm not very sure if you've met my future self, but I'm Ninomiya Rei." I introduced myself as per etiquette requires, "I believe this is our first meeting, Gamma-san." 

His mouth hung open for half a moment-- "How did you know my name...?" he asked carefully, but I had not answer to provide him. I simply smiled back in response. "Regardless-- I have heard of you plenty from your younger sister."

"Younger sister?" I asked quickly, "Sui?"

Gamma shook his head, "I was referring to the younger twin, Ninomiya Sae."

That made me jump in surprise. "Sae?!" I couldn't resist my loud volume, "Is she-" I couldn't help the stutter, "Is she in the Black Spell?"

That was when I saw Gamma's face fell, "Well, your sister..." he was reluctant to speak now, but the words still managed to slip from his mouth. "Unfortunately, when we left the base after the Choice Battle, we couldn't find her in time."

Ah-- that means...

"Oh," I felt my heart sink, "So she's--" I diverted my eyes, and pushed my hands to my back where they clenched sharply. "Most probably... dead."

The temperature in the area fell.

To relieve the awkward tension, I sighed. 

"Well," with a toothy grin, I gave Gamma a pat on the shoulder. "All's fine as long as we win and change the future, right? Thanks for looking after my younger sister this whole time! I hope she hasn't been too much of trouble."

Gamma was taken by surprise. 

"Ahh!" I suddenly yelled, "What are you doing to I-pin?!" I raised my voice, hurrying over to the middle of the group, where Nozaru was currently holding I-pin upside down.

Salvaging I-pin quickly, I held her precariously, acting childishly angry at Nozaru, giving him an angry dog's glare.

"Rei-san, you're awake?" Tsuna approached me quickly, "Ar eyou okay? Is your body okay? Like, no problems? Injuries? Anything?"

Putting I-pin down, I chuckled. "I'm fine, Tsuna." I assured him, "You worry too much sometimes. I just took a leisurely walk around and coincidentally found this area. Nothing happened at all."

"I'm gonna bet about 20% of the is actually legitimate," Gokudera grumbled, his low, tired tone like a low rumble, "The rest of it's absolute bull, as usual."

"Doing the math, 80% of me is fake and full of bull?" I questioned slyly, with a cheeky smirk, "Like how you're physically 80% useless right now?"

"Are you looking for a fight, Green?" Gokudera snarled.

"I wouldn't mind," I honestly said.

"Huh?" Tsuna and Gokudera gaped in unison.

"Wait, are you serious right now?" Ryohei cut into the conversation, "Ninomiya, you can't be--"

I interrupted his speech. "Right now, I'm the only one here with no merit to this group. I have no fighting capabilities and zero support value. Within this group, I'm completely useless. I need to learn how to pull my own weight, and that isn't gonna come if I lag around all the time."

The three of them looked at me-- utterly speechless. Their eyes were wide-- in surprise. They were so taken aback-- so perplexed by the situation-- 

They looked as if they had plenty to say, but was unable to form words for it.

Russo's hand, breaking into the scene, was suddenly on my shoulder. I resisted a flinch. Before anyone realized he was there, Russo had approached me.

"Rei," he called me, so so normally-- he was possibly the one most composed in the current situation. "We have a prior engagement."

He felt foreboding-- his tone was low and ominous-- slow, and held a tint of gentleness so sweet and gentle it was scary. His hand was ice cold.

His hand was ice cold.

Standing up quickly in surprise, I responded immediately, "Y- Yes!"

He turned and headed toward the forest-- and I followed.

"Wait--" Tsuna called quickly before we wandered off, "Where are you two going?"

Meeting Tsuna in the eye-- I found myself unable to lie. "Just-" I stuttered. Was I this shaken by Russo's one sentence? "Just somewhere to talk. In private." 

Russo was scary.

"Talk?" Gokudera repeated, "About what?"

Russo turned back to them, and flashed a smile without a moment of hesitation. Placing a finger at his lips, he seemed to offer a toothy grin. 

"It's a Magician's Secret," he said. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 20.6K 116
Book 1: [C O M P L E T E D] *Under Editing* KHR fanfic: "Well sh*t, I just died..." A girl was killed due to a unfortunate event, reality and fiction...
48.6K 1.4K 83
Well, it all started one day when I was out at the bookstore. My dad had let me go to the bookstore while he and my sister went to the store right ne...
4.9K 264 17
It's been a good few years. Sawada Tsunayoshi has made it to highschool. With his guardians of course. They are going to Nami High. Everything is f...
541K 19.3K 82
One day, a girl aged 16 suddenly passed away in the middle of the night. The cause of her death was unknown. But, her soul along with her 16 years of...