Cardinal County

By synnicals

[FANFICTION VERSION - ENG] I was thinking more of only protection but if you want to be mine, who am I to com... More

Cardinal County
Prologue
ARC I
01: Wang Princess
02: Bloody Encounter
03: Judah Kohen
04: Silver Ring
05: His True Identity
06: Protection and Possession
07: Babydoll
08: Sweet and Ice-cold
09: Knowing Secrets
10: Worth to Remember
11: Protective Brother
12: Thin Line
13: Up to No Good
14: Unanswered Questions
ARC II
15: Missing in Action
16: The Evil Sister
17: Love is Stupid
18: Eventful Nights
19: Dinner Date
20: Back to Reality
21: The Ultimatum
22: Much Needed Break
23: Stranger Danger
24: Such a Small World
25: Obsessive Admirer
26: Puzzle Pieces
27: The Nameless Bird
28: Forgotten Little Boy
29: Star Swimmer
31: Never-Ending Feud
32: Where Jealousy Leads
33: Prodigy's Return
34: Deal With The Devil
35: Meeting the Mastermind
36: A Significant Character
37: Her Saving Grace
38: I Love You
Epilogue
CREDITS (No Sequel)
Special Chapter 01
Special Chapter 02
Special Chapter 03
Special Chapter 04

30: Secret Missions

13.2K 695 72
By synnicals

"Don't forget about it okay?" Her mom said from the other line making her absentmindedly nod, forgetting that she can't see her.

"Okay Eomma," she replied, taking a slice of pancake into her mouth. "Friday evening right?"

"Yes sweetie, I'll send Ahjussi to bring your dress," her mother added, talking about their trusted chauffeur. "I need to go now, try to talk to your brother about it okay? I already told him."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye Wangbi," the lady bid before ending the call. She put her phone back in her bag and resumed eating breakfast as she heard footsteps echoing from the living room. Jackson entered the kitchen seconds after, directly sauntering towards the fridge.

"You're up early," he commented.

"I'm helping with the preparations for the Closing Ceremony," she answered.

It was an event to end this year's Intercollegiate Games, though some games haven't officially finished yet, majority already concluded with a set of winners. The schools had to resume the regular classes too or else it would be hard to catch up. The said event will be hosted by their school ㅡ which is a first ㅡ so they're really preparing for it.

"I'll be there," this caught her off guard, causing her to look up to her brother in shock. "Why wouldn't I? My sister won," he said with a smile.

Lisa hurriedly looked down to her plate as she felt tears forming in her eyes. It felt like years since she had a decent conversation with him. "Yes, you better be there," she breathlessly replied.

She felt him pat the top of her head, "you're my sister Liz, no one can stop me from caring, even you."

A tear finally escaped which she immediately wiped with her hand, "I'm sorry for only thinking about myself and not yours."

"Maybe I was just jealous of you two." Her head snapped up again as she found her brother with a forced smile gracing his lips. "You and that kid were able to fight against anything ㅡ anyone ㅡ to be together. That's something your Oppa can never do," he raked his hand through his blonde locks and turned to leave.

"Oppa," she called out stopping Jackson, but he still didn't turn to face her. "It's not too late to try."

He finally glanced back at her with a smirk, "about that Charity Gala eomma was talking about," he suddenly brought up, changing the topic. "Stay here, I'll go instead," he uttered with a commanding voice ㅡ like she had no choice but to obey.

She frowned, "why decide so suddenly?"

"It's not the usual event you're used to. Instead of business moguls and entrepreneurs, the event will be full of politicians and government officials. You'll feel uncomfortable for sure, I'll go." He didn't let her answer anymore and just left, leaving Lisa in a confused state.

●○●○

She walked through the hallway, hearing multiple congratulatory words from her schoolmates, which she responded with bows and grateful smiles. She found Rosé already waiting beside her locker, though her attention was solely directed to her phone. Now that she thinks about it, she noticed her bestfriend is more invested in chatting with someone these days.

"Hey, have you waited long?" She asked, tapping the girl's shoulder.

Rosé looked up to her and smiled, "oh no, I also just got here. Good morning Liz!" She excitedly said before engulfing her into a tight hug. She ignored the curiosity that filled her head and just hugged her bestfriend back. She can't ruin Rosé's mood just because she felt something is different about her. She seems happier, which is good. 

"Good morning to you too," she greeted back before releasing her. "Where's Jen and Jisoo?" She asked as she twisted her locker's knob with her code.

Rosé shrugged, "I still haven't seen them yet."

Lisa nodded, finally opening her locker. "Huh?" She involuntarily uttered, catching Ro's attention.

"Why?"

"This is not mine," Lisa said, taking the red box out. It was about five by eight inches wide and two inches thick, with a black ribbon securing it and a single white rose on top.

"Ohhh someone got a present from boyfie," Rosé teased, wiggling her eyebrows.

She immediately shook her head in disagreement, "Jungkook knew I love pink roses, not white. Remember the bouquet he got me before the match?" Besides, the guy just texted her this morning that he'll be going to Seoul and will be back tonight.

Rosé gasped, "wait, is this from a secret admirer? Someone's rather brave," the girl remarked causing Lisa to get more curious as she began undoing the ribbon and opening the box. When she found what's inside, she automatically released a relieved sigh.

"It's from Vince," she said bringing the book out from the box. She flipped open the cover and found a signed page with a message;

To Ms. Graphic Artist Lisa,
Thank you for making such a wonderful cover for my book! I instantly knew you actually read it and understood the essence of the story. I'm indebt of you Miss, I appreciate it big time. Thanks again.

- Vincent H.

"He could've just handed the book to you, what's with this mysteriously-leaving-the-gift-in-your-locker-with-a-rose tactic of his? I bet he even paid someone to put it in there. I say there's a hidden motive," Rosé smirked, earning a scoff from her.

"He's just thankful okay. Besides, I really loved the story, it's a good thing he saved a copy for me," she smiled, putting the book back inside her locker before organizing her stuff.

"If you say so..." Ro drawled, "by the way, have you heard about this Charity Gala on Friday?"

"Your parents are invited too?"

"Yeah, please tell me you're gonna be there."

"I thought it was like a political event or something? That's why Oppa told me he'll go instead," she explained.

"I heard it's an event for Alexander Han's death anniversary, they're doing this charity auction so socialites are invited. I mean, both from politics and the bussiness world."

"Well you're gonna be there, and I think Jennie and Jisoo too so I'll go," and I need to talk to my brother about it ㅡ ah another round of debate, she thought.

"Guys!" A familiar voice called out not-so far from their spot, causing them to turn to her. Jisoo jogged towards them with a pad of paper and a pen in her hands. "At last I found you two," she said breathlessly.

"Hey Pres, need help with something?" Rosé asked.

"Yeah, in fact we're about to go to the gym," Lisa added.

"Let's talk about that later, I need to tell you something." This piqued both their interests as the mood suddenly turned serious. Lisa absentmindedly stood up straight as Rosé pocketed her phone to focus only on Jisoo. The girl glanced around and sighed, "I think Jen's doing something behind our backs."

Lisa looked questionably at her, "that's such a big accusation Jisoo, are you sure?"

"No, not in a bad way. I think she's doing something without telling us and I'm worried for her safety," Jisoo explained, her lips tugging down in dismay.

"We know Jennie, she's a bit impulsive sometimes," Rosé commented.

"Exactly," the motherly figure of the group agreed. "She's been acting strange since Monday, she went home right after your match Liz but when I called her to ask something, her phone's unreachable. And the morning after that, I caught her staring at nothing multiple times like she's always preoccupied. So last night, I thought I could talk to her and sleep over her house but she's not there."

"Where could she be?" Ro asked with a frown, she's starting to get worried too.

"I called Vernon, you remember him right?" The girls nodded, he's the one from Abraxas. "I was hoping I'm assuming wrong but... it's true, Jennie was racing again."

"What?" Lisa muttered, she thought Jen stopped drag racing? What's happening? "Is this because of the engagement? God, it's all my fault," she shamefully added.

"No Liz, we all know it's Jennie's choice," Ro immediately said, earning a nod from Jisoo. "Does Yoongi know?"

Jisoo shook her head, "I'm not sure but I think not. BTS haven't gone to Abraxas this week and Jennie just participated in a race again last Monday. But the thing is, I think there's another reason Iㅡ"

"Guys," they all turned to their newly-arrived friend and found her standing a feet away from their spot, smirking. "You found out?" Jennie asked with a forced laugh, "I thought I could keep it longer to myself but I guess I have to confess now."

Jisoo took a step towards her, "Jenㅡ"

"Let's talk about it somewhere else," with that, Jennie turned around and started walking towards the field which caused them to follow.

○●○●

It was quiet inside the car. The four of them has been preoccupied with their own thoughts since this morning when Jennie dropped the bomb. Everything just fell into place and, though questions are still there, the truth is at arm's reach now. All they need to do is search for more hints, which Jennie has been doing.

But it's putting her in danger and she can't let that happen. After knowing what Jen had found out so far, theories had been plaguing her mind and one possibility was that; it all started with her accident. She caused all this chaos, and if she's really the reason why it started, she should also be the one to end it.

It's now six in the evening and they're heading to BTS' house. An hour earlier, Namjoon texted Jennie about this mini get together the boys organized for Jimin's birthday, inviting them over. Apparently, Rosé had already known about this since yesterday and was supposed to tell them this morning when they're complete, but didn't get the chance to.

Now, another topic arose about Jimin and Ro having this rather 'special' friendship. She just found out that Jimin was the one who her bestfriend had been busy chatting with all these days. She's disappointed yeah, she was the last one to find out! Has she been so caught up with her issues that she forgot to ask Ro about hers?

"I'm really sorry Liz," Rosé suddenly uttered.

She turned to her with a smile, "it's fine Ro, really. I haven't given you much of my time too these days, I failed to ask how you're doing andㅡ"

"No, no I understand. Jimin and I, it was nothing really. We're just really close now, he became kind of my guy bestfriend after what happened back when June and I had our first date. I was annoyed of him at first because he kept telling me to stop seeing Junhoe, but all this time he was just being a good friend. He knew this was gonna happen. I mean, June leaving me and all."

"Is that cotton candy guy really good to you? You're not flirting with him right? I heard from Jen he's a player," she speculated.

"He is," Jennie commented from the driver's seat.

"Trust me Liz I know that all too well. You see, Seulgi and him? They're not in a relationship like we assumed, they're just like fuck buddies. God, I was judging him the entire time he was telling me! That asshole," Rosé quipped with a fake cringe.

"That's the reason why you should never fall for him Ro," Jisoo laughingly commented from the passenger's seat.

"Come on! Of course I know that. He's just a really good friend even though he's a huge playboy," Rosé smiled. "And it's his birthday so let's cut him some slack."

"Yeah, let's forget everything for a while. We're here as their friends," the three nodded at her before she turned to Jennie. "And Jen?"

"Hmm?" The girl hummed, momentarily glancing at her through the rearview mirror.

"Please let us help you with that mission of yours."

It was silent for a while and as they finally arrived in front of the boys' house, Jennie looked at each of them. "Fine, who says boys are the only ones who can end a war right?"

In that exact moment her heart skipped a beat as she prayed that no one's life would be at risk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

844K 42.7K 54
[FANFICTION] Nothing's wrong with her. She's pretty, nice and has an angelic voice but.. she's not Lisa. WARNING: One of my early books in this app...
181K 5.7K 33
Being in love with your best friend is not the best choice,but you can't decide who you fall for. Your heart decides for you. The danger of the frien...
37.1K 1.9K 39
Kpop (BTS and Blackpink) Fanfiction Rosé is your typical good girl and does what her parents tell her. Mostly. Rosé is looking for a job since she re...
295 29 14
To right this fanfiction I got inspired by the fellow ARMY.. by reading their fanfictions I thought I should give it a try and here I am! It is a sto...