π‘πŽπ˜π€π‹π’ Β° 𝐇. 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄...

By -sincerelystyles

Iris Monte is the reigning Princess of Great Britain and Henry Turner is a wannabe pirate, in search of the T... More

Β° royals
Β°epigraph
Β°zero
Β°two
Β°three
Β°four
Β°five
Β°six
Β°seven
Β°eight
Β°nine
Β°ten
Β°epilogue

Β°one

5.9K 152 15
By -sincerelystyles

one: criminal endeavors

° ° ° °
SHE SAT in her high-topped throne, the jeweled crown tapered to her head was lifted high into the heavens. She shifted her body, trying to push down her uncomfortable, white colored skirt. A yawn had escaped her lips, leaning her head to the side of the throne. Days like these, where Iris Monte, Princess of Britain, grew in entirely bored of her entitlement. Being the princess of a country isn't as great as the title seems, the obligations and requirements are anything but privileged and royal-like.

Iris was required to attend all prior engagements, wear proper attire (dress, corset, pantyhose, ect.), never act out, and most importantly, don't give the royal family a bad name. She was never allowed to leave the palace, unless she has royal guardsmen following beside her, and was never able to be out very long for that matter.

Iris was not a fan of her life, nor the obligations and responsibilities it comes with it.

Her head was held up, her eyes bored into the palace walls, glaring at the painted murals. Iris could hear her father, King George II, conversing with his representatives from Parliament, as she and her mother, Queen Caroline of Ansbach, sat quietly in their thrones. The state of Great Britain was in the hands of the royal family, particularly the king, and Iris and her mother were the eye candies wrapped around the king's arms.

The king and the representatives had been discussing the situation on pirates; whether or not they should be imprisoned for the rest of their lives, or sent to the gallows to be hung. Iris didn't think it was ethical to execute a human's life for choosing to spend their lives sailing across sea to find hidden buried treasure, and search for the myths of the seven seas.

Iris's best friend, Henry Turner was a fellow pirate-well, so-called pirate. Henry was a worker for the royal navy, while studying the myths of the seas. His goal was to find his father, whom is the captain of Davy Jones's ship, for all of eternity. The curse is said to never be broken, but Henry knew there was a way to break the loophole. Henry and his mother lived in Port Royals, only seeing the man once every ten years.

The determination that ran through Henry's veins was something Iris admired about him. He was so passionate, and kind; all things she wished she was. Iris was quite lazy, crisp, and cold-hearted-but Henry is the one person, that turns her salty personality into someone sweet. She was undyingly in love with Henry Turner, and he was way too occupied to see what was standing in front of him.

Iris exhaled sharply, folding her hands on her lap. She pursed her lips, her eyes glaring onto her father. "Father, may I please go see Henry?" She questioned. The king was hesitant on allowing his daughter to befriend a poor boy. It was part of the obligations of being apart of the royal family to only associate with wealthy, high-class people. A princess was supposed to marry a prince; be next in line to take the throne, and continue on the royal family tree.

But Iris didn't take to kindly to that rule. And her father had learned to accept that about his daughter.

"I don't think that's a good idea, your highness," A representative had spoke up, a hesitant expression painted against his face. Iris heavily glared at the man, as he instantly looked down at the ground.

"Oh, yes. The hangings of the pirates are today," The king stated.

Iris raised an eyebrow. "How does that involve me? Henry works for the royal navy; he only takes a hobby in studying the myths of the sea," She challenged.

The king looked at his daughter firmly, before he sighed in defeat. He knew better than to argue with his headstrong daughter. "Alright. You must be back before the hangings. I don't want you to see the horrors of the killings."

"How compassionate of you, your highness," Iris sarcastically muttered, her heels clicking against the marble floors. She could hear the quiet sniggers of guardsmen, but she ignored them.

"YOU'RE TELLING me, a ghost pirate called, Capital Salazar wants you to find Jack Sparrow to give him a message, to free him and his crew from the curse of the Devil's Triangle," Iris had clarified, staring at Henry like he was insane.

Henry nodded his head, as the women continued to stare at him beyond belief. "Iris, I know it's hard to believe, but I'm telling you the truth," Henry persisted.

"I believe you," Iris honestly stated, "How are we going to pull this off?"

"We?"

Iris smirked. "Did you really think I would let you go on this journey without me?"

Henry hesitated, "I can't possible allow you to get into trouble."

The brunette-haired women smiled slyly. "Henry, dear, dear Henry, I hate to bring up my family, but my father would bail me out of jail if I were to get arrested."

"Your father-"

Iris grew annoyed with Henry making excuses to not have her join him. "Henry, for God sakes, I'm going with you. End of discussion."

Henry sighed, pursed his lips. "Fine. But if anything happens."

"-If anything happens," Iris remarked, "I will take care of it." Henry smiled silently, nodding his head.

"I said I was going to help you find your father. This me keeping my promise," Iris expressed, running her fingers through his hair.

Henry flushed pink, his eyes glazing down to the chains that engulfed his arms and legs. The hospital bed Henry laid in was white cotton, as Iris had sat beside the man. After what happened on the ship Henry was working on, Iris had quickly rushed to the hospital as she had heard her best friend was hurt.

A soldier cladded with a blue uniform approached the cot the two were in. "The whole town speaks of you," The man spoke, "The only survivor of the Monarch. A boy who paddled all the way to Saint Martin against the tide on a piece of driftwood. Found jabbering about pirates and tridents."

Iris grew angry. "What are you implying, soldier?" She challenged, as the soldier glared heavily at her.

Henry pulled on his chains. "Please, sir, let me go of these chains," He pleaded.

"My job is to protect this island and these waters," The soldiers claimed, "And your sleeves have been ripped." The soldier's head turning toward the pirate's torn apart jacket, that hung from a hook. "The mark of treason."

"We were attacked by the dead," Henry interjected.

"You're a coward who ran from battle," The soldier hissed, before walking away from the cot.

"Say that again in front of my father, you bloody dick!" Iris hollered, as Henry pulled his enraged friend down, grabbing onto her hand, to calm her down. And it worked.

A nurse had approached the cot, as she began placing a wet towel against Henry's head. She sat down on the bed, as Henry's eyes laid on the ground, as Iris suspiciously inspecting the nurse.

"I don't believe you're a coward," The nurse commented, as Henry's eyes looked up at her.

"Please, leave me sister," Henry demanded.

The nurse leaned in closer to the boy and girl, staring at them both intently. "I've risked my life to come here. To see if the rumors are true. You speak of the Trident?"

Iris looked confused and slightly frustrated. "What rumors? About the Trident?" The women nodded her head anxiously.

"Who are you?" Henry cautiously demanded.

"Tell me why you speak the Trident," The woman demanded instantly.

Iris looked over at him, wondering if he was going to tell the strange woman or not. "The Trident can break any curse at sea. My father is trapped by such a curse."

"You're aware that curses are not supported by science," The woman proclaimed.

"Neither are ghosts," Henry stated.

"So, you have gone mad?" The woman jostled, backing away from the two.

"No, he hasn't," Iris defended, "He's telling the truth."

"How can you be sure?" The woman narrowed her eyes at the woman dressed in expensive fabrics.

"He's my best friend."

The woman didn't look convinced. "I should never have come here."

"Then why did you come here?" Henry questioned.

"Because I need to get off this island," The woman said.

"You're telling me," Iris muttered under her breath, a glare thrown her way from the woman.

"To solve The Map No Man-"

"No Man Can Read," Both Henry and the woman said out loud. "Left by Poseidon himself."

"You've read the ancient text?"

"In each language they were written. But this map has never been seen nor read by any man."

"Luckily, I'm a woman," The woman slyly remarked.

Iris glared in such animosity toward the woman cladded in nun's clothing. She knew this woman was no nun, and it infuriated her that she had knew things Henry also knew about. Iris was daft when it came to science, or any myths about the sea. It was hard to understand what Henry was telling her, when she didn't always understand what he was talking about. Iris was royalty; she had other things she knew a great deal about.

The woman had taken out a journal from her pockets, claiming it was the diary of Galileo Galilei. How he spend his life searching for the Trident, and why he invented the spyglass. The woman went on to say that astronomers' spend their lives staring at the stars.

Iris eyes grew perplexed. "So, the map is hidden in the stars. Is what your saying?"

The woman didn't bother answering, but continued on. "My father believed I could find what no man has ever found and I will not let him down." There was a determination that was riddled in her voice, just like Henry's.

Henry and Iris, both grew more invested into what the woman was talking about. She continued to explain the blood moon, and only then the map can be read and the Trident to be found. During the time the woman was speaking, she had broken Henry free from his chains. "Who are you?" Henry repeated once more.

"Carina Smyth!" A red coat soldier had announced, walking into the room. Carina had risen up from the bed, telling Henry to find a ship so they can get the Trident, as she ran out. While the soldiers ran after Carina, Henry broke free as him and Iris made a run for it.

"You do realize you and that woman are both going to get hung with the pirates later today?" Iris shouted over toward the man.

"You won't let that happen right?" Henry asked, a smile reaching to his lips.

"Of course not," Iris sincerely stated.

"Then we have nothing to worry about."

° ° ° °

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 8.9K 37
She was the Sun. He was the Moon. Together they balanced out each other. Catherine Bailey is the cousin of Elizabeth Swann and best friends to Wil...
102K 2.6K 57
This is the story of Governor Swann's youngest daughter, Elizabeth's youngest sister and the adventure's she takes with her older sister and her sist...
657K 16.5K 33
A Will Turner love story ~ A flower and a blacksmith were best friends. The young girl fell in love with the young boy. But he thinks he loves anothe...
173K 3.8K 32
BOOK ONE OF THE DEEP OCEAN SERIES. When Y/n and her best friend and lover, William Turner, must travel out to sea with a pirate in order to save the...