°nine

nine: the battle of the dead

°°°°

IRIS SAT WITH her back up against the planks of the lookout, her legs crossed together, rubbing her hands over her shivering body. The princess felt the breeze of the ocean air cool her body, goosebumps arising on her skin. Henry had heard the chattering of the princess's teeth, placing his jacket over the arms of her. Iris silently thanked him, pulling the jacket closer to her body.

Henry had his pocket-sized telescope seized in his hands, holding the object to his left eye. His face dripped with worry, as Iris began questioning the sudden mood change. Henry handed the telescope over to the brunette, as she stood up, the jacket still wrapped around her. She placed the telescope up to her right eye, squinting her other, she spotted a ship in the near distance, seeing the British flag waving in the gusts of winds.

"Redcoats!" Henry shouted down to the pirates crew.

The crew down on the deck below, began getting their weapons ready for battle. Iris let out a shaky breath, growing anxious as the British ship was only feet away.

Henry placed his hands on her forearms, giving her a look of encouragement. "We're going to fine," He reassured Iris, pecking her lips, ever so slightly. A glimpse of a tinted red coated her cheeks.

A blazing glow of fire erupted, gripping the attention of the two, turning themselves to the cause. There moving over top of the British ship was the dead pirates. The fire roared, causing destruction to the redcoat soldiers and their ship.

"The army of the dead pirates," Iris shuttered at the sight. Henry took a hold of her hand, giving it a light squeeze in comfort. Iris sent him a small smile in response.

The army of the dead was only inches away from The Black Pearl, as everyone was quaking in their shoes. The ship rimmed against the infamous ship, creating sparks to fly, as crew members were thrown back. Captain Salazar and his crew members jumped aboard the ship, their swords clenched tightly.

Henry and Iris were shaken quite viciously, as the tried making their way down the rope latter.

"Jack Sparrow. I've come with a butcher's bill," Salazar taunted.

Henry and Iris had both made it down from the latter, as they spotted swords to the right of them. Iris nodded at Henry, as he sneaked past, grabbing two swords. He handed one of the two swords over to Iris, as she handled it with great care, but felt powerful.

The two lovers made it to Jack without getting caught, as they began cutting through the robes to free him. Jack had muffed a scream only to calm down when he realized it was just the two of them.