°two

two : the pirate

°°°°

THE RAIN HAD poured down as the two young adults raced across the small village. They both were drenched, raindrops dripping from their clothes and sprawled hairs. The brunette-haired princess had taken off her heels, as they dangle in her hands, the texture practically ruined from the rain. Her feet had splashed against the puddles of water that they lay stagnate on the gravel.

Henry had stopped suddenly, concealing his body behind a wooden post, as Iris had also stopped abruptly. She frowned in confusion, tilting her head to the side. "Henry, what are we-"

He had shushed her, pointing to the darken figure about a yard away from them. Iris squinted her eyes, seeing it was man with a pirate hat placed upon his head. She watched him down a bottle of rum, as he drunkly wobbled. Henry quickly pressed Iris up against the wooden pole as the man had stumbled a few feet closer to them.

Iris's breath quickened, as she had come face to face with Henry; his body pushed up against hers. She felt his hot breath brush up against her cheek, her whole body shivered, but her face had heated up. Their eyes locked together, melting into the illusion of it being just them. Iris gulped, slowly breaking eye contact. She turned her attention to the drunken man.

"Is that Caption Jack Sparrow?" Iris had realized in astonishment, her eyes widening. Henry nodded his head, his eyes still locked on hers.

A gunshot had ricocheted, an anxious expression stained across their faces, turning their attention on the the red coats that started to ambush Jack Sparrow. Henry had gripped onto Iris's hand, squeezing it slightly. She quickly glanced at him, before bringing her glaze back to the scene in front of her.

They heard the red coats announce that Jack would be executed at dawn. Their eyes locked on each other in fear. Iris knew they had to talk to him before that happen-maybe even safe him before that. The red coats had begun to drag Jack away, as he kept grumbling drunkly to himself, leaving the two nervous young adults left alone.

"What now, Henry?" Iris questioned, a sigh escaping her lips.

"We pay a visit to Jack Sparrow's jail cell."