°one

one: criminal endeavors

° ° ° °SHE SAT in her high-topped throne, the jeweled crown tapered to her head was lifted high into the heavens

° ° ° °
SHE SAT in her high-topped throne, the jeweled crown tapered to her head was lifted high into the heavens. She shifted her body, trying to push down her uncomfortable, white colored skirt. A yawn had escaped her lips, leaning her head to the side of the throne. Days like these, where Iris Monte, Princess of Britain, grew in entirely bored of her entitlement. Being the princess of a country isn't as great as the title seems, the obligations and requirements are anything but privileged and royal-like.

Iris was required to attend all prior engagements, wear proper attire (dress, corset, pantyhose, ect.), never act out, and most importantly, don't give the royal family a bad name. She was never allowed to leave the palace, unless she has royal guardsmen following beside her, and was never able to be out very long for that matter.

Iris was not a fan of her life, nor the obligations and responsibilities it comes with it.

Her head was held up, her eyes bored into the palace walls, glaring at the painted murals. Iris could hear her father, King George II, conversing with his representatives from Parliament, as she and her mother, Queen Caroline of Ansbach, sat quietly in their thrones. The state of Great Britain was in the hands of the royal family, particularly the king, and Iris and her mother were the eye candies wrapped around the king's arms.

The king and the representatives had been discussing the situation on pirates; whether or not they should be imprisoned for the rest of their lives, or sent to the gallows to be hung. Iris didn't think it was ethical to execute a human's life for choosing to spend their lives sailing across sea to find hidden buried treasure, and search for the myths of the seven seas.

Iris's best friend, Henry Turner was a fellow pirate-well, so-called pirate. Henry was a worker for the royal navy, while studying the myths of the seas. His goal was to find his father, whom is the captain of Davy Jones's ship, for all of eternity. The curse is said to never be broken, but Henry knew there was a way to break the loophole. Henry and his mother lived in Port Royals, only seeing the man once every ten years.

The determination that ran through Henry's veins was something Iris admired about him. He was so passionate, and kind; all things she wished she was. Iris was quite lazy, crisp, and cold-hearted-but Henry is the one person, that turns her salty personality into someone sweet. She was undyingly in love with Henry Turner, and he was way too occupied to see what was standing in front of him.

Iris exhaled sharply, folding her hands on her lap. She pursed her lips, her eyes glaring onto her father. "Father, may I please go see Henry?" She questioned. The king was hesitant on allowing his daughter to befriend a poor boy. It was part of the obligations of being apart of the royal family to only associate with wealthy, high-class people. A princess was supposed to marry a prince; be next in line to take the throne, and continue on the royal family tree.